• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 2,012 Views, 63 Comments

Resurrection - Z-A-C



This is the sequel to my first story Person In PonyLand

  • ...
4
 63
 2,012

Chapter 20: The End

The days went fast. It felt like only yesterday when I got the first letter. Today I got the second one and now I have to get ready for what ever punishment may come. Match? Shes fine. She recovered a couple of days ago, and Fluttershy taking care of her now. Match seems to be a lot different from what changelings are supposed to be like, even she said she was and that she didn't like life in the hive. I guess it doesn't matter now....Luna sounded furious in the last letter.... I have no idea what to expect. The thing is I knew the mercenary thing was a bad idea but I went and did it anyway, and on top of that I forgot that I was being watched. I'm such a fucking idiot! Well like it or not I guess I got to face whatever's coming my way.

"Here comes the chariot."

"Good luck Ezekiel." I didn't respond, I just watched the chariot get closer. "Hey don't look so worried! I'm sure everything's going to be fine."

I smiled but it quickly fell into a frown. "Nice try match..."

"Darn maybe next time."

"If there is one." She gave up on trying to cheer me up and went inside to help Fluttershy with the animals.

I watched as the little speck grew into an actual chariot with winged guards pulling it. Fluttershy came out to see me off and so did Match. My other friends didn't know about this, which I wasn't sure was a good or bad thing. When the chariot landed one of the guards looked at me and simply said. "It is time." Which sent shivers up my spine. It reminded me of when the sheriff in an old western movie would tell a prisoner pretty much the same thing. I feel sorry for them now. I nodded to the guard and said my goodbyes to both Match and Fluttershy and climbed into the chariot. I waved at them and they took off. I looked down at the trail and noticed that Twilight was making her way toward the house but she stopped and looked up and then continued walking. It was a boring flight but then again it always was. The only difference with this one was the "pilots" were hauling ass, and if that told me anything, it told me I was screwed. Instead of the half an hour to an hour it usually was, this time it was fifteen minutes to half an hour. I saw Celestia as we were landing, she was waiting by those big doors and I was hardly expecting a warm welcome.

"Hello Princess."

We can skip the pleasantries. Please follow me."

Wow. "Yes Princess."

She said nothing as she lead me to where she was taking me. We were walking down a long hallway that I didn't recognize. After about five minutes of walking we finally reached our destination, it was a dimly lit room that had a strange energy to it. I noticed Luna was standing on the far side of the room waiting for us. The door closed and Luna looked up.

"Ah I see you are finally here. "

"Yes I am Princess."

"And taking this seriously too. Good. Now onto discuss why your here. You may or may not have known that being apart of that kind of business is illegal in Equestria. And I will also have you know that murder is strictly forbidden and that the punishment is quite severe. Do you understand?"

"Yes Princess Luna I do."

"Good. Sister I think our other guests are here. could you go wait for them please?" Celestia said nothing and left. it was just me and Luna now. "Since you understand, I will proceed. Do know the punishment for murder?"

"Execution?"

"Well not anymore, no. Stone. You will be turned into stone and forced to watch your friends and loved ones age while you yourself do not. You will be conscious but unable to interact with anything. You will be a living/non-living statue. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"There is but one problem. My sister and I can not do it."

"Why not?"

"Because we do not have control of the Element anymore and only they can do it."

I thought I felt a hole tear into my heart "And if they refuse? I highly doubt Fluttershy is going to do it!"

"She doesn't need to do anything. As soon as Twilight Sparkle activates the Elements they will do as they're told. I am sorry Ezekiel but we no other choice."

".....I really liked you Luna. I really did."

"I understand if you don't anymore but regardless you broke one of Equestria's biggest laws and you must be punished."

"I know. I said I understood right?"

"Yes you did. If it makes you feel any better they're not going to know it you they're turning into stone."

"What about afterwards? And Fluttershy is already going to know."

"They will all be counseled if they need to be. Don't worry about it." There were three knocks on the door. "It's time Ezekiel."

"Can I have something to write a message on?"

"It would show up blank. I am sorry but I must go now. Stand on this pedestal."

"Yes Princess."

"You can pose if you want to. Discord did." And she left

I heard some muffled talking and then saw a light after it stopped. I figured this was it. I decided to do the pose that the Weeping Angels did, partly because I didn't want to see the world change before me and partly because I always wanted to. I had actually started tearing up a bit. That will add to the pose nicely. There was a slight sound and then everything went silent and when the sound came back it sounded like I was in a garden and all of a sudden I heard Celestia speak.

"You should be able to heard by know. Ezekiel I am so sorry we had to do this but we feared if you hadn't then you would just continue that line of work and we couldn't have that. I hope you understand and I hope you can forgive us. I'm sorry..."

"How's Fluttershy?" I thought hoping to somehow communicate.

"She's....not taking it so great and neither are the others. Poor Twilight was crying when she saw whom she turned to stone." Hiding my surprise she can hear my thoughts I asked how the others were doing. "Pinkie is depressed, Rarity is avoiding it by making dresses, Applejack got angry and went back to her farm, Twilight is conflicted on what to feel and Rainbow Dash left as soon as she saw what she had helped do, she flew out so fast that she made a sonic rainboom just outside of the door." She gave a small chuckle.

"I see....how long will I be like this?"

She looked as depressed as Pinkie must be. "It's a life sentence I'm afraid. Only Discord had the power to escape. I'm sorry."

"How was he able to make the clouds?"

"Luna cast a spell on him to temporarily release him from his imprisonment."

"I see.....Leave me so I can get on with my punishment."

I saw a tear fall from her face. "Very well Ezekiel. I am so so sorry."

And with that she walked away trying to keep the tears in but it was no use. She was crying.

---------

Its been about two months now. Since then I have been visited and every time it was Fluttershy or any of the other Elements Celestia cast that spell that allowed me to move. It was also amusing to hear the school field trips, well until the Ponyville school came around Applebloom and the other crusaders along with Dinky started crying when they saw me. Sadly that day Celestia and Luna were busy with royal business to cast that spell so I was force to hear them cry. Other then all of that though it was boring and all i have to do know is hope that someday they'll free me.