• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 592 Views, 11 Comments

Thunder of Celestia - Cabochard



Thunder is assigned to a Spaceship, and gets more than he bargained for when a mission goes wrong.

  • ...
 11
 592

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Hello there!” said the pink pony on screen when she finally turned from the, to her entertaining, scene of an important individual turning to Chaos. On a screen behind her Thunder was undergoing the excruciating process of turning into an individual devoted to Chaos. He was clearly in enormous pain, and Sierra couldn’t help but feel a little bad for him. The pony had only signed up to quell a rebellion after all, not to fight Chaos.

“Hello, traitor.” Sierra answered simply. Best not to talk too much, especially not with this one. Once she started, she’d never shut up, and every word out of her mouth was blasphemy. Sierra glared at the scout until he started fiddling with the knobs again, trying to find what they had come for.

“Don’t be like that. You know you’d have turned to Chaos a long time ago too if you knew just how fun the Eternal Party is! So much fun! Now, instead of streamers I prefer intestines, of course, but the idea’s the same!” The Commander of Chaos was well known for her annoying habit of slowly killing you, disemboweling you, skinning you, and doing anything else she could come up with to cause pain to you before you died. Some ponies had lived for years as she slowly tortured them, laughing the whole time. She was certifiably insane. The sad thing was, she hadn’t always been that way.

She used to be an ordinary pony, albeit one of the Elements of Harmony. Then, the other Elements were called upon to perform jobs for the Empire. Twilight Sparkle went off to found her school, Rainbow Dash was given a position in the Royal Guard, and Fluttershy was put in charge of a new medical station on an unknown planet. Applejack went off to command the Imperial Army, and Rarity became the number one fashion designer ever. Pinkie Pie was left behind, to party alone, since Ponyville had been deserted. She slowly went insane, until the Luna Heresy. Nightmare Moon came to Ponyville, hoping to find some hidden stash of weapons. Instead, she found Pinkie Pie. She barely had to do any work at all. A simple push, a whisper in the half-insane pony’s ear, and Pinkie finally went over the edge. She abandoned all pretense of normality and began to kill indiscriminately. Her first kill, it is said, was actually related to one of the other Elements of Harmony. Pinkie became a goddess, symbolizing Chaos and wanton destruction. She eventually acquired her own cult, made of ponies that were willing to mutilate themselves in order to serve her. Some simply dismembered themselves or caused some other physical trauma, but her favorites were the ones who wore their own flayed skin. She is seconded in the pseudo-organization of Chaos only by Nightmare Moon, who is long gone or Discord himself, who simply doesn't care about much of anything beyond his own twisted planet.

All ponies are taught to fear her, for her simple presence can corrupt and twist your spirit. So it is understandable that Sierra tuned out Pinkie’s mad babbling, until the scout found what they were looking for, and she was able to simply turn the screen off.

“All right, send the plans to HQ on Equestria. Celestia is going to want it as soon as possible.” The scout nodded and sent the Chaos battle plans via mini-screen comm. He then turned it off and turned to her. Everyone did. “All right, what do we do now?” asked one of the members from the scout squad.

“Now, we go back to the Celestia.”

“What!” “Are you crazy?” and other things thundered around her, and finally stopped when she raised a hoof. “Are you, though? We all saw the Captain; I’d be surprised if everyone on the ship is the same.” Lightning Bolt asked, after everyone else quieted down.

“I know. But there is a plan for this situation. We have to go back, because I have to deliver a message. An explosive message.” She turned to the others and raised her voice a little. “Anyone who doesn’t want to come is free not to. We’ll be taking a Thunderhawk back, and then it will head to the Equestrian’s Blade, if it hasn’t left yet. You can just go with it.” Of course, none of them wanted to. These were Royal Guards. They never retreated, never felt fear and, most of all, never, ever ran away from impossible odds. They looked at each other, then turned back to her, determined looks on their faces. One of the members of a Tactical Squad grinned and simply said “You wish, ‘cause then you’d get all the glory. We’ll come, and we’ll fight!” Sierra smiled. She led them up, to the top of the building, where their Thunderhawk was waiting. It picked them up and, as they left, Sierra saw the Dreadnought still fighting before the gate. Its flamethrower arm had gotten ripped off, but it kept right on punching, never despairing. She watched as it was overwhelmed by the cultists, who finally killed it. When they left, it laid there, a monument to power, among the hundreds of fallen enemies. Pugnare Aeternum, the Royal Guard said. Fight Forevermore. Fight to the death and beyond.


The Thunderhawk arrived in the landing bay without any trouble. They had been left wide open after the last departures, thank Celestia, and the landing had been easy. Nopony was in sight. They were probably too busy mutilating themselves elsewhere to be bothered with watching the landing bay. In the distance, an enormous Chaos cruiser could be seen. Pinkie Pie's flagship. Another excellent reason to get out as fast as possible. Sierra cautiously led her squad down the dropship's exit ramp, making sure it was clear. Everypony had been equipped with several hundred punds of explosives, which the enormous Royal Guards carried without a problem. They walked into the hallway outside the landing bay, then split up. some went to the reactors, others to the artillery deck, where the ammunition was stored. Sierra led her squad towards the bridge. She had one last message to deliver before she died and she would make it count. She charged, planting explosives every hundred meters, and her squad did the same.

After a little while, they encountered their first cultists. A small group of five ponies stood in their way, in varying states of mutilation. Sierra easily dispatched them, before proceeding further. Another hundred meters, and they came along the big group. Hundreds of cultists stood in the hallways, in the process of tattooing themselves with knives. Sierra's squad jumped into the group, swinging their blades and firing their pistols. But they didn't have a Dreadnought this time. A Guard fell after the first fifty cultists, but they kept going. The cultists lashed out, stabbing through her armor with their impsrovised weapons. Some were even using their own severed hooves, sharpened to a wicked point. They got through her armor, dragging deep furrows through her body. Her soldiers may be stronger than most ponies, but they would still fall if confronted by enough foes. Three more fell or were dragged away, still fighting, by the time they reached the hatch to the bridge. Only Lightning Bolt and Sierra remained. He looked at her, then turned and began plugging up the hallway with bodies, his blade moving at superpony speeds. She nodded to him gratefully, then looked at the hatch. There was a ladder leading up to hit, but she didn't have the time. She simply flew up. Right before she went through the hatch, she heard a scream behind her. Lightning had fallen. She closed her eyes and barged through the hatch. She saw Thunder in his new form, standing before an image of Blueblood on the screen. She stared at his new body for a moment, before regaining her senses. She whispered a single word, loud enough for the cameras to hear, but not for Thunder. Not yet. Then she charged. She felt somepony grab her from behind and drag her down. she kicked at his face, slashed him in half, then turned and ran. She had to keep moving, so she wouldn't get surrounded. But she was exhausted, and weakened. The cultists jumped on her, dying on the point of her sword. But there were too many. They eventually overwhelmed her, and when the smoke cleared, there lay, among dozens of cultists, a Royal Guard.


Thunder walked into the surveillance room. The Commander wouldn't be far behind, but he needed to check the cameras. He needed to know what she had said. He didn't know why, but it burned at the back of his head. he flicked on the screens, and found the timestamp of her arrival to the bridge. He cycled through until he found the right camera, before settling down to listen. She spoke a single word, but it contained enormous meaning. Only one word, but it could end it all.

Remember.


"That's insane! How could you ever think that would work?"

"It's the only way. The war won't end until Pinkie is dead, and that won't happen unless someone on the inside does it."

"Thunder, you can't honestly think you'll be able to stay yourself after corruption!"

"You're right, Lieutenant Dash, but I can lock away my personality until it is necessary that it is released."

"How will you know when to release it? And how will you keep Chaos you from knowing about this plan?"

"A single word, spoken by Sergeant Sierra. And I can lock away my memories too. You will take the three fillies, Fluttershy, and yourself to the Gilded, then you will leave. You will tell Celestia and Lady Sparkle what happened. Got it?"

"Fine, but this is crazy."


"Hello there, Thunderiny." chirped Pinkie happily as she walked in. Thunder whipped around, one of his mane tentacles searching around the bottom of the table in the room.

"Hello there, traitor." he said, as he found the detonator. He hoisted it above his head, and she saw it. She screamed and slammed into him, sending him flying through the screens and pinning him to the wall on the other side. She disemboweled him with an ethereal claw, and continued to abuse his body as he pushed the button on the detonator. He began to laugh. He laughed at his own private joke, a joke none other could comprehend. He laughed and laughed as Pinkie ripped him to shreds and, for the first time in her long, long, life, Pinkie didn't get it. He laughed at the fact that he had tricked Chaos, the trickster, into destroying itself. He laughed right down to the moment the explosion hit him and destroyed them both, sending Pinkie into her own explosion as the Chaos within her escaped.


Blueblood watched the Celestia explode from his command bridge. He smiled. Just as well, the demons scrabbling outside the bridge wouldn't be kept out by the bulkhead much longer. He watched as the explosion triggered an even more powerful one from within the ship. Then, a thought occurred to him. Thunder had been corrupted, and therefore made a terrible hero for this story. He, Prince Blueblood, would go down in history as the destroyer of Pinkie Pie. The last sight the demons got when they finally got through, before their destruction in the explosion, was the sight of Lord Inquisitor Inportunus Blueblood laughing maniacally as all his goals were finally achieved.


Celestia and Twilight Sparkle watched the destruction of the entire Segmentum Solaris on a viewscreen in the throne room. Rainbow Dash had arrived an hour earlier, and told them the news. Thunder had sacrificed everything, his sanity, his body, and his soul, in order to bring victory. Twilight allowed a single tear to run down her cheek, then got control of herself. She turned to Celestia.

"Queen, I would like to request permission to take a fleet of ships to strike at the now-weakened forces of Chaos, in the Eye of Terror, and put an end to this war once and for all."

"Permission Granted."

"I'm not done yet. Furthermore, I would like t take, as my flagship, a new ship, built to the specifications of the Celestia, but with a different name. I would like to name it the Thunder of Celestia."

Celestia looked down at her former student. She saw her determined stance and the look on her face. She thought back to the time she had sent her to Ponyville to learn about friendship. It looked like she had learned about something new recently. Love. Then, she thought of the dashing Captain Thunder Forge, who gave up everything to give them one chance to strike at Chaos. She thought of all this, and made a decision.

"Permission Granted."

Comments ( 1 )

Good fic - but sometimes a little bit silly ,,, Cupcakeguns? ... I know, you wanted to place some of the series content in our fic, but this sound silly to me

Railguns, Plasmaguns, Gausscanons, Laserguns ...

But the rest is pretty good

Login or register to comment