• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,156 Views, 48 Comments

The Long Life of Breeze Rider - Tyler-the-Brony



The story of a human turned pegasus, turned teacher, turned Wonderbolt. Follow Breeze Rider's Life.

  • ...
12
 48
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: A Cousins Wedding Invite

Life never stays the same. Proof of that was before me now as I saw my ‘cousin’ Cadance kiss the unicorn, Shining Armor I believe he was named, who was now her husband. I was allowed to call her my cousin just like Blueblood, as she was a niece of Aunt Celestia. It’s a wonder how genetics work out sometimes.

It had been an ordeal to get here though. A Changeling invasion tends to put most wedding plans on hold. What a Changeling even really WAS, I was still confused about. But all that could wait until later. No need to bring up any bad stuff on this happy day. I sat watching as Rainbow Dash took off to do a Sonic Rainboom to signal the end of the ceremony itself.

Looking over at my former students and their friends, I really began to feel my mortality. Life wasn’t going to wait around for me. It didn’t wait around for any one of them either. I had watched Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Derpy grow up before my eyes, and they kept growing every day. Maybe it was time I grew up a little too.

While I was thinking all this, the celebratory part of the reception had begun. Vinyl Scratch and Pinkie Pie were leading the music. A better team couldn’t have been chosen. I looked around to see everyone enjoying themselves.

Pinkie had left the rest of the music to Vinyl and was enjoying the cake with some of the more enjoyable members of Canterlot society. Applejack was off playing her fiddle, which I had no idea she had, with Apple Fritter and some of the more modern music loving ponies. Spike and Sweetie Belle were off dancing together. Spike really outta try going out with her instead of pining after Rarity. Soarin and Rainbow were off dancing to the side, neither exactly great, but neither of them was particularly bad either. Can’t tell Spitfire about any of that though. And I looked to see that Rarity and Fancy Pants were starting to hit it off even better than I already knew they did.

Before I even knew it, it was nighttime and the bride and groom were off on the way to their honeymoon. Rarity had gotten the bouquet of course. The girls now stood together happily laughing at something Spike had seemed to have just said.

Looking over at them all, I felt as though I should just leave them to it. So I did just that. I took to the air, looking for a nice area to just lie down and think. I hadn’t rented a room anywhere as I didn’t really see the need to. I had eventually already made it back to Ponyville, landing just outside my house. I was surprised how fast I’d gotten here. Even Rainbow and Spitfire would have been impressed, had they been around.

I walked inside and proceeded to head straight to bed. I’d had a long enough day as it was. As I laid down on my bed, sleep overtaking me, a vision flashed. It was one I knew well, but with new details.

My first vision had risen up again. This time though, it had a flash of white, and then a blur of yellow. I was also able to distinctly identify Spitfire’s, and then Fluttershy’s voice. I hadn’t been able to make out what they said, but I knew them each well enough to identify their voices. I awoke in panic.

This was it. I was sure of it. I was close to living out my first vision, closer than I’d ever been before. I had so much I needed to do and say. I’d have to tell them I was leaving and have to tell her I loved her. Whether before or after my vision, I knew I’d have to say it sometime around then. Time waits for no colt.

PreviousChapters Next