• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,156 Views, 48 Comments

The Long Life of Breeze Rider - Tyler-the-Brony



The story of a human turned pegasus, turned teacher, turned Wonderbolt. Follow Breeze Rider's Life.

  • ...
12
 48
 3,156

PreviousChapters
Chapter 33: Epilogue of it all

Truly, my life has been far greater than I deserve. It’s been 9 years since that wonderful night in the hospital. I’ve been happily married to Fluttershy for 8 of those years.

Twilight Sparkle had long since finished her research on the Magic of Friendship and returned to Canterlot. She visited frequently though, being able to teleport between Ponyville and Canterlot as easily as the rest of us breathed. She kept coming back here to take stabs at her new assignment; studying the Magic of Love. She was looking for her own special stallion or mare while observing the other couples in Ponyville, especially Lyra and Bon Bon.

Rainbow Dash had been a Wonderbolt ever since I had retired, and was still loving every minute. She had taken to hiring her Sonic Rainboom out to special events. There was barely a day when there wasn’t a rainbow or two somewhere in Equestria. Me and Fluttershy had even had her do one for our wedding.

Rarity had risen to fame all over Equestria as the best fashion designer there was. The Wonderbolts had come to her 5 years ago asking for a new uniform design. She had gone above and beyond on that request. Ever since then, massive orders for ‘Rarity Originals’ have been coming in from all over Equestria. Rarity delivers on them all.

Pinkie Pie had taken over Sugarcube Corner from the Cakes 3 years ago. The shop had expanded, taking over almost a third of downtown Ponyville. She had also begun hiring herself out as a caterer and ‘Party maker-or breaker’ all over Canterlot. She spent more time at parties and in her balloon then she did at the shop anymore. For the most part, it was run Twist, who in turn managed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. She always made time for her friends when we needed her though.

Applejack still worked Sweet Apple Acres, though she had to take more time off due to her family. She had married a stallion by the name of Hay Bale. He and his family had made a partnership with Sweet Apple Acres a few years back. One day, Hay Bale had come over to inspect things instead of the colt that usually did and had come across Applejack. Within a year and a half they were hitched. By today, which was near their 7th anniversary, they already had 2 foals; a young colt and a newborn filly. Apple Bloom was more or less in charge of everything around the farm now. This was really no big deal to her once she’d finally gotten her Cutie Mark.

Derpy had been promoted to Head Post Pony a couple years ago. She also worked part time at Sugarcube Corner, getting to take home all the excess muffins at the end of the week. Somehow, there always seemed to be 6 extra tins at the end of the week.

Sweetie Belle had been discovered by Vinyl Scratch and Octavia a couple years ago. They were currently touring Equestria, booking all sorts of venues due to their diversity. Scootaloo also still got to work with her idol, Rainbow Dash; she now opened for Wonderbolt shows by doing all different kinds of stunts for them.

Fluttershy continued her job as Ponyville’s resident veterinary, just with an extra wingless Pegasus under her care now. We’re also on our way to a larger family. Fluttershy is currently 6 months pregnant as I write this. Twilight offered to use a divination spell to tell us whether it would be a colt or a filly, but we turned her down. We had names and plans set for either eventuality.

I’d also stopped my divination. That fall years ago had jarred something in me. I could now set my ability to be on or off if I wanted. I was also able to look into the past now. That’s how I learned my Earthly origins.

I told everypony once I had found them out. They were certainly surprised, but I was happy I wasn’t treated any differently by anypony. That had made me feel truly happy.

I write this now at 34 years Equestrian age, 34 years Earth age. I’ve had a much longer life than most anypony gets, except maybe for Granny Smith. I am getting ready to head out the door to my weekly job, for this week and next at least, at Sweet Apple Acres.

This will be my final entry. I have no reason to record anymore of my life. I record this more to keep myself certain that this has all really happened, and I’m really not just zonked out somewhere in a delirious state.

***

“Honey! Aren’t you gonna be late?” I hear Fluttershy call me.

“I’m just about to head out. I just had to finish some important business.” I tell her as she comes around to look.

“What is it?” She asks, nuzzling me.

“Just the babblings of a colt and a man. Nothing more, nothing less.” I tell her, giving her a kiss.

“Oh you. Now get going. Applejack will only be mad at you if you’re late, but Apple Bloom will be furious.” Fluttershy tells me, giggling at the end.

“Yeah. I suppose I don’t wanna test a former Cutie Mark Crusader. I’ll be home at 9. Stay safe.” I kiss her and pat her tummy.

I head out the door, looking up at sky I can no longer be in. I see Rainbow Dash fly over and wave at me, the rest of the Wonderbolts just a little ways behind her. I wave back at them all, glad to see them and hoping I’ll still be allowed the weekend off to go see their show. Applejack was sure to understand. She was going to want to attend it to.

I don’t regret a single thing I’ve done or a single choice I’ve made. I still have a lot of it left to live, but I’ve had good, Long Life as Breeze Rider.

The End

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 32 )

Wow... that's a lot of chapters...
Welp, chapter 1 seems to be the best place to start

Thirty thousand words and no thumbs, up or down.. :rainbowhuh:

677948

Yeah. This story ended up taking on a life of its own for a little while. I actually ended up not really knowing how many chapters I had for a while. I hope you enjoy the story.

677978 3 up and 1 down. Also, In the beginning, the chapters are a bit... short. At least feel that way

677978

Yeah. I suppose this is a beefier story isn't it? I just wrote the whole thing before coming here and decided not to exclude any chapters from the initial post. I hope you enjoy the story.

678180 :rainbowlaugh: I know what you mean. For one story, I started out with a neat story-board, a plan for everything. 2 chapters in and I was WAY of course

678183

Yeah it did start off that way. I've never been good at the beginning of stories. Plus, before I saw the actual word count here, the chapters seemed a lot longer. Some chapters are really also more just to bridge the story gaps than to add much to the story as a whole.

678213 The beginning is normally hard, for any writer. You have to introduce your character and everything. What sucks is if you don't write that good of a beginning, you may not get many readers

678246

Very true. I didn't overly enjoy attempting this one, mostly just due to the fact that I had to set up the Human part of the Story before I could get to Breeze Rider which is where I feel I hit my stride in a way.

Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by The F8ful 1 deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by The F8ful 1 deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by The F8ful 1 deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013

Hot damn thats a good story. :fluttercry: Now its over.:fluttercry:

this was one of the best emotional storys i have ever read sir you have broken me hard with this brilliant piece of writing i salute you sir :pinkiesmile::raritywink::twilightsmile:

Wow great story, lot's of chapters and no visible mistakes :twilightsmile:

I have read this story before. And you sir are a talented writter. Much better than I.

Actually, not bad. One of the better stories that I've read.:rainbowkiss:

Very nice story so far. Although I do wonder about one. What exactly did that machine do? Is he dreaming all this or has the machine literally transported him to Equestria

946182

What the machine does was left intentionally open to the reader. It does whatever you believe it did. I know that may seem like a lacking answer, but its true.

984954
Than I'm going to assume that it somehow reincarnates him and transports his spirit to Equestria. Good of theory as any.

Lovely story, But i will admit back when he was talking about the stunt i kind of expected him to see the future and see some one get hurt by that stunt then for him to replace them in that stunt so the other wouldn't get hurt :o

I liked the entire story...until the accident. I cant really say why I didn't, it just really, really pissed me off so much so.... But you are an great writer overall! :twilightsmile:

I loved reading this again lots of time jumps but still a great read. LONG LIVE FLUTTERSHY:yay:

What the hell I'm back oh well might as well read this for the third time:yay:. Merry Christmas and a happy Hearths Warming Eve, I'm very satisfied with what I got.

That was a wonderful story I really enjoyed it and well for now be the best brony turned pony fanfic I read but that may change soon or not :heart: :derpytongue2: oh and my favorite moment in fanfic was definitely the brother sister bond between derpy and breeze rider

Login or register to comment