• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,156 Views, 48 Comments

The Long Life of Breeze Rider - Tyler-the-Brony



The story of a human turned pegasus, turned teacher, turned Wonderbolt. Follow Breeze Rider's Life.

  • ...
12
 48
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: The Grandest of all the Galloping Gala’s

Well, this Grand Galloping Gala would certainly be remembered. For the wrong reasons by some, but for the right reasons by others.

Fluttershy and the girls had certainly made a name for themselves. It seems they’d each had much better and much different visions of how it should have gone.

Pinkie had though that the Gala was a party much like the ones she enjoyed throwing. She had tried to pick it up to her usual levels, and I appreciated the effort, but most of Canterlot’s High Society are far too set in their ways to change. Even a pony with as much energy as Pinkie had no hope of changing them.

Applejack had wanted to sell all sorts of apples and apple flavored products here. Me and the other Wonderbolts supported our official snack vendor, but I had explained to her that apples just probably wouldn’t make the cut of the kinds of food the Hoity Toity’s of Canterlot would enjoy. She had tried various methods, including building a quite magnificent cake. Pinkie had dive bombed into it though, bringing that idea to a halt.

Fluttershy had wanted to make friends with the animals in the Canterlot Gardens. Most of those animals were beyond antisocial though. I hadn’t wanted to crush her hopes myself, so I had just told her to try her best. Her best ended up causing a stampede through the ballroom.

Twilight had wanted some alone time with Princess Celestia. Being the official greeters for the Gala though doesn’t allow much privacy. She had come across Lyra and Bon Bon though. She told me afterwards that she had figured out I had given them my tickets. I maintained the idea that Lyra and Bon Bon themselves probably told her.

Rainbow had wanted to party with us. She had chosen a bad venue to try to though. Every single Gala, all of us are harassed for pictures, Spitfire and Soarin more so do to their captainship. We’re also constantly bombarded by trivial talk every which way nearly every minute of the night. I do wish we’d been able to hang with Rainbow more. She would’ve been one of the few people there you could enjoy talking to. She got quite angry at the ‘snobs’ as she called them. She was constantly trying to show off to us, ending up with her causing an almost complete architectural collapse of the Ball Room. I had enjoyed watching that.

Rarity had by far the craziest dream of all though. She’d hoped to come here, impress the Highest of High Society, and meet her ‘Prince Charming.’ Instead, she got Prince Blueblood, probably the worst ‘cousin’ I ever met. Rarity tried her best to last the night, waiting for at least one show of chivalry. That hope died along with Applejack’s cake, which Blueblood had protected himself from with Rarity herself. What Rarity did next, telling him off like that, I’d always wished I could do to him.

They all ended up making a run for it near the end of the night, while me and my fellow Wonderbolts dashed about, having quite a lot of fun cleaning up all this. We all agreed that this was the most interesting Gala any of us had attended. And we certainly sent letters to Princess Celestia, asking that Twilight and all the others be invited back next year and every year after.

What’s a party without a little bit of craziness? And from what I heard, the girls had enjoyed hanging out afterwards and sharing all their individual stories. I was glad I’d decided not to have any visions before the Gala. It had made it that much more enjoyable all around I thought.

PreviousChapters Next