• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,156 Views, 48 Comments

The Long Life of Breeze Rider - Tyler-the-Brony



The story of a human turned pegasus, turned teacher, turned Wonderbolt. Follow Breeze Rider's Life.

  • ...
12
 48
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Raising a Breeze

Celestia had kept her promise to the foal. She had found him a caring pair of ponies who had more than agreed to raise him as their own. The couple were not widely known throughout Canterlot, which Celestia was glad about. The foal already got enough attention due to his mysterious appearance and connection with the Sun Princess.

The couple and Breeze Rider were always welcome to come and visit Celestia whenever they or Breeze Rider wished to. The doctor’s best estimate at the foal’s age was just under 3 and a half weeks. And although they had been able to get such a close estimate to the foal’s true date of birth, Celestia and his adoptive parents decided the day he appeared in Equestria would be his birthday.

At 6 months age, the colt was proving himself to be quite the advanced learner. He was already able to stand and walk short distances on his own. He was even beginning to flutter his wings to move faster and was capable of hovering. One month later, he spoke his first words.

He spoke during one of the couples “play dates” with Celestia. As the colt was running around and playing, he suddenly came over and looked at Celestia. Celestia noticed him and turned to look at him, interested in what the colt had come over for.

The colt then walked right up to Celestia, hugged her and said “Love…..Princess…..Celestia.” Once he had done this, not only were his parents in shock, but so was Celestia herself. The colt eventually released her from the hug and then looked up at her again, another smile plastered over his young face. Celestia smiled right back and gave him a reply.

“Thank you Breeze Rider. As thanks for that very kind act, I have a gift for you. Can you kneel down and cover your eyes?” She inquired.

Breeze Rider immediately nodded and did exactly as he was told. He was shaking with excitement.

Celestia let her magic flow through her horn and knelt down until her horn made contact with Breeze Rider. The magic flowed between them for a few seconds, then slowly left Celestia to illuminate Breeze Rider brightly for a moment. Celestia did not feel drained, rather she felt very content in what she had given Breeze Rider. She then spoke to Breeze Rider again.

“Okay Breeze Rider. You can get up now.”

Breeze Rider immediately leapt up, temporarily taking to the air with his wings. He began spinning around, checking himself all over. As he finished his inspection, and realized that nothing about him looked different, he looked quizzically up at Celestia. Celestia had known he wouldn’t immediately understand fully. So she proceeded to explain the situation to Breeze Rider.

“The gift I have given you cannot be seen Breeze Rider. You will not fully understand what I have given you for quite a while, but I am assured that when you do realize it, you will be happy and be able to use it better than even I can.” She smiled as she explained.

Breeze Rider smiled and nodded again. He immediately turned around and began to play again. Celestia, content that Breeze Rider was happy with her explanation, returned to her conversation with his parents.

“So, as I was saying before we were treated to that surprise, have you given any additional thought to my suggestion of enrolling Breeze Rider into flight school early? I can pull some strings you know. You need not have any fear of that.” Celestia inquired.

Breeze Rider’s parents exchanged glances. His mother nodded to his father, who began to voice their worries about the idea.

“We intend no offense by anything we say now your Highness. We simply wish to voice our worries to you. Our first and foremost worry is this; how soon do you think Breeze Rider should be enrolled there?” He asked, not forcefully, simply worriedly.

“I think Breeze Rider would be fine if he were enrolled when he turned 2. It would allow him to graduate 2 years early.” She stated.

“No offense Princess Celestia, but what is the significance of that to Breeze Rider?” His mother voiced.

Celestia smiled at being asked that. She had long since wished to tell another of her vision abilities, aside from Luna that is.

“To be entirely truthful with you, I have a premonition ability that allows me to see some events that will occur in the near and distant future. A privilege to being a Princess I suppose.” She giggled at that. “In one of these visions, I saw Breeze Rider as an amazing flier, who even the Cloudsdale Flight School Administrators and the Wonderbolts will admire. And judging from what he can do already, with no instruction, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be able to do all they ask of him in a year and a half’s time.”

Breeze Riders parents were shocked to hear not only of the Princess’ ability, but to hear of how confident she was in Breeze Rider. A godmother’s duty they supposed. They looked over at Breeze Rider as they thought this, and were again amazed to see how easily he worked his wings to hover and run fast. He was even beginning to already be able to move while hovering. They looked at each other again and an understanding passed between them. They knew Celestia was right.

“Well, we can hardly doubt all that. We know you have Breeze Rider’s best interest at heart, just as we do. So, we trust you judgement on this. Breeze Rider can go to Flight School in Cloudsdale when he turns 2.” They stated, feeling hope in their words and in the smile Celestia gave them after they finished.

“Thank you for understanding. I will contact the School in a while and prepare the arrangements. I am absolutely certain Breeze Rider will do great.” Celestia assured them.

PreviousChapters Next