• Published 31st May 2012
  • 4,196 Views, 44 Comments

Friendship is Epic - Book 1: My Big Flare (COMPLETE REMAKE) - FlareGun45



A story about a unicorn, from the city of Mareami, who moves to Ponyville to have epic adventures.

  • ...
147
 44
 4,196

The Garlic Roll Batter Anomaly

It's been three weeks since Lord Thorn came to town; Fluttershy's at her house taking care of her animal friends; although she's been having a rough time getting them under control. She bathes them, feeds them, and takes care of them all by herself. Right now, she's trying to bathe Angel, but he refuses to go into the tub.

"C'mon Angel! Don't you want to be clean?" Fluttershy asked her dirty bunny. Angel shakes his head no. "But Angel, if you don't get clean, you'll get sick!" Angel shrugs hinting that he doesn’t care.

"Oh what am I going to do? What am I going to do?" Fluttershy asked herself with her hooves covering her face.

Just then Fluttershy heard three knocks on her door and heard somepony call her name. "Hm, I wonder who that could be?" Fluttershy asked herself as she flew out. Angel giggled and tried to tip-toe away, but then Fluttershy comes in, catching Angel off guard and forces him into the tub. Angel punched the water and gave Fluttershy an annoyed look. Fluttershy smiled and gave out a squee. Fluttershy flies to the door,and opens it. Fluttershy's friend Flare (which is me) zooms right to her like the Flash.

"FLUTTERSHY?! FLUTTERSHY?! FLUTTERSHY?!" I yelled, holding a little shoe box on my hooves.

"Oh my gosh, Flare! What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

"My fish! My fish! My fish!" I yelled

"Yes? Yes? Yes?" Fluttershy asked.

"He's, he's, he's....." I yelled

"What? What? What?" Fluttershy asked.

"Passed, passed, passed. Crying face; crying face; crying face." I said worryingly.

Fluttershy was in shock and gasped. "Oh my goodness, Flare. I am so sorry. I... I dunno what to say." Fluttershy said very sadly.

"This this this, was was was, my my my, elder elder elder, fish fish fish." I said.

"Oh Flare? I don't want to be rude, but... um... why are you saying everything three times? I mean... I'm just asking... that's all. Sorry." Fluttershy asked.

"I-D-K." I said, then he crossed his eyes and said in a hillbilly voice; "Because I want to; yelk, yelk, garsh!”

Suddenly, Goofy the talking Disney dog slaps me on the back of my head with his glove and he says angrily, “I’ll sue ya for stealin’ my catch phrase.”

Fluttershy placed her hoof on my shoulder and said very sadly; "I am so sorry for your loss."

I just sniffed and said, "It's cool, Flutters.”

Fluttershy opened the shoebox to take a peek and saw the passed-away fish, but was concerned because that's not a fish she's seen before. "Uh, Flare?" Fluttershy started. "I’m... umm... sorry, but... I never seen this fish before. He doesn't look like Darrel, Piddles, Yoyo, Rainbow, Dorthey, or Pearl."

"Oh, this is Hoops; he was a catfish. He was an elder fish in the tank. He got old, and usually stays inside one of the little barrels or vases that were inside the tank. He started doing that before I even moved to Ponyville. I was worried, but now... crying face." I said as I closed my eyes, looked down, and tears ran down my eyes.

Fluttershy hugged me and said; "There there, Flare. There there."

I sniffed, rubbed my eyes and said; "Oh, you rhymed!"

“What?” Fluttershy asked. “Oh, I guess I did."

I smiled at Fluttershy, but then looked down sad at the fish tank again. "Flutters?"

"Yes, Flare?" Fluttershy asked.

"You're great with animals, right?" I asked.

"Of course, you know that! I mean... you did... right?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, and you take care of animals, such as fish right?" I asked.

"Well... um... yes, I believe I do." She nodded.

"Well.” I sniffled. “You want to have a funeral for him? Everypony else is busy at the moment."

"Of course.” She smiled.

I smiled too. “Good; I hope this will be a better funeral than the time I was at my great-uncle’s Luger Gun.”

A cutaway shows me and my family at a church, all sitting in rows, listening to the priest say words on Uncle Luger’s behalf. “Fillies and gentlecolts, we’re gathered here today to honor a fellow stallion that has been set free upon this Earth, and casted away into the great stable in the sky!” the priest said. “Let us pray and remember all of the good our fellow Luger Gun has given us over the years.”

“Wow, this is the strangest wedding I've ever been in.” I said. The cutaway ends.

Outside, it started to rain. Fluttershy and I were outside, wearing raincoats, and I held the box that contained Hoops. I was teary-eyed as I set the box down at a hole we dug up.

"Dear Wizards of Hope, Strength, and Feelings." I began. "Today we're honoring a lost member of our family, but we're also celebrating, because Hoops was a great fish, and we were very happy face to have him in our lives; although nothing and nopony last's forever, Hoops will never be forgotten, and he'll always be there right by our sides while I'm getting very upset, because dragons and wolves keep coming at random times in Skyrim trying to kill me, and it's getting very annoying. Sometimes I need a guard's help, but they keep saying annoying arrow in the knee jokes, and sometimes I can't escape the fight because fast travel doesn't work when enemies are nearby, and let's not forget, they never give me the chance to heal; and sometimes...."

"Uh, Flare.... umm... I'm sorry, but... um... can't you cut to the chase? I mean, if that's okay." Fluttershy asked.

"Sure, sista." I said. "But my point is, Hoops will always be around, in our hearts, our souls, and our minds."

"Wow, Flare. That was very sweet!" Fluttershy said with tears in her eyes too.

"Smiley face. You want to say a few words?" I asked her.

"Sure.” She nodded. "I never knew Hoops, but if he was a live fish that Flare loved, I feel the same way.”

"Goodbye Hoops. May the Wizards be with you." I said to Hoop as I filled the hole with the box inside; Fluttershy then picked some flowers from her garden and placed them on the grave.

“You really care about your fish, don’t you?” Flutters asked.

“Of course I do! I’d do anything to keep them safe, happy, and healthy, because I know one day they’d do the same for me.” I said.

A cutaway shows me as an old stallion, laying down on a hospital bed, along with a couple of my fish who’s standing right beside me, 5 feet tall, and comforting my side body. A doctor came in with a clipboard and said, “Sir, I’m not sure if we can proceed with this medical procedure; this stallion has no insurance.” He said.

“I don’t care what it takes!” Rainbow yelled and threw a bunch of bits at the doctor. “Just make Flare well again!”

I gently opened one of my eyes and whispered, “Thank you, fish.” The cutaway ends.

Fluttershy and I walked back inside her house and took off our raincoats. "Hey Flutters, thanks for everything! You were pretty much the only one available for this small event." I said thankfully.

"Oh it's really no big deal, animals and fish are ponies too." She said.

"Well I'm glad you understand." I said giving her a smile. "Well I have to get back to the store now, I'll see you later."

"Oh, Flare wait." She stopped me. "It's raining pretty hard out there, how about... I mean if it's okay... you can stay here for a little bit, until it... you know... clears up?" Fluttershy smiled and gave a squee.

"Alright, sounds good." I said as I look at the time from my phone. "I'm still on my lunch break anyway, but I didn't have anything yet."

"Well allow me to treat you to lunch.” Fluttershy offered.

"You know I can't say no to food! I can eat almost anything that's legally edible, except for coleslaw; I hate coleslaw!” I said.

“Why not?” she asked.

“You’re crazy if you think putting cabbage, carrots, and mayo together like that is a good idea. That’s disgusting!” I said.

"Well I have just the thing for you! Be right back!" Fluttershy said as she walks to her kitchen to whip something up.

Just then, my stomach rumbles. "Uh oh. Flutters, I have to use the lavatory."

"Sure, it's up the stairs, first door on your right." Fluttershy said from the kitchen.

"Thanks!" I said as I ran to the bathroom quickly and sat on the toilet. "Sigh, much better! I knew I shouldn've had those burritos for breakfast."

I relaxed on the pot for a little while, and since I wasn't doing anything, I decided to take my phone out to update my Facebook status. While I was looking at my Facebook status, I started to chuckle because I saw a funny meme that featured Rory Williams from Doctor Who, while wearing a Roman soldier outfit, and pulling the Pandorica out of the stonehedge, and on the bottom of the picture, it says: ‘Rory Williams: Making everyone else’s boyfriend look bad since 102 AD’. “Wish I had a boyfriend like that.” I chuckled.

Just as I was chuckling, I looked over at the bathtub next to me and saw a wrinkled Angel staring at me. "SURPRISE FACE!" I yelled. I started screaming and ran out of the bathroom with a piece of toilet paper stuck on my back left shoe. "Oh whoops, forgot to wash my hoves." I said calmly; so I ran back into the bathroom to wash his hooves, and then started to run out screaming again.

"Whoa, whoa! What's going on?" Fluttershy asked.

"There's a monster in your lavatory!" I yelled.

"A monster? Oh no! Angel's in there!" Fluttershy cried as she runs into the bathroom and sees Angel all wrinkled up in the tub. "Oh silly, Flare! It's just Angel!"

I walked into the bathroom and looked at Angel. "What happened to your bunny? Why does he look so old?" I asked.

"Oh no, Angel's not old, he was just in the tub too long." Fluttershy corrected me as Angel shakes himself around, drying himself off and he gets raggedy. The water goes all over Fluttershy. Fluttershy shakes the water off her, and the water goes back on Angel and me. Then Angel and I shook ourselves again,and the water went back on Fluttershy; then Fluttershy shakes herself again and the water went back on Angel and I.

"Alright this is really going nowhere." I pointed out as the each of us took a towel and dries themselves off.

"Now how about that lun-uh-aaaah-CHOO!" I sneezed.

“Bless you.” Flutters said.

“Thanks.” I said. “Getting a bit of an allergic reaction I’m ass-um-uh-AAAH-CHOO!” I sneezed again.

“Are you getting a cold?” Flutters asked.

“No, of course not; I’ve been getting myself to stick to cleanliness since the day I started getting acne.” I said.

A cutaway shows a doctor walking back to the room I’m in with a clipboard on his hoof, and the doctor said, “Mr. Gun, I assure you, what you have is acne, not an allergic reaction.” The doctor said.

“Are you sure?” I asked with a bunch of giant leaking pimples on my face that makes it look like an allergy rash.

“Quite sure.” The doctor said.

“QUITE sure, or for sure?” I asked.

“I am 100% sure that you’re not allergic to the age of 14. How many times a day do you wash your face?” the doctor asked.

“After I wake up, and after every meal, so that makes a total of 7.” I said.

“7?” the doctor asked.

“Yes, 7.” I nodded.

“Ew, don’t nod, you look like a leaky rotten peach.” The doctor said.

“So if the lack of washing face isn’t the problem, what is?” I asked.

“Are you bullied at school?” the doctor asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“Then I must suggest that you tell your bullies not to dump you in the trash bins all the time.” The doctor suggested. The cutaway ends.

Since my side of the story in this chapter is short, Spike told me a little story that he had with Crystal and Engineer that same day, so let’s switch over the story to them. Spike, Engineer, and Crystal were over at my shop having lunch, not really knowing I wasn’t there at that time until they were almost done eating.

“Mmm MMM! This pizza is delicious. Ah don’t think I’ve ever had a better pizza anywhere else!” Engie said.

“Shhhh.” Crystal shushed him, and then she whispered, “You don’t want to get the other pizza restaurants jealous.”

“Uhhh, ah don’t think they could really hear us, Crystal.” Engie corrected her, when suddenly the Little Caesars Greek stormed right inside the shop with a spear.

“Alright, I heard enough of this ‘Flare’s Pizza Parlor has the best pizza ever’ nonsense! This place is going down!” the Greek yelled.

“Nuh uh! I’m takin’ this place down! Toppin’ it over one buildin’ to another!” the Dominos domino bursted inside and yelled.

“Nooooo, pizza... is gonna send out for YOU!” Pizza the Hutt said as he slid inside, dropping his toppings all over the floor.

“See? Told you.” Crystal said to Engie.

“I hope Flare keeps his promise in selling gem toppings here soon.” Spike said.

“How can ya eat that stuff, Spike? Gems are harder than stone.” Engie asked.

“It’s because I brush my teeth using Colgate Strong Teeth.” Spike said, holding a tube of Colgate. “They say after you brush using this stuff, your teeth can chew through the toughest of edible items.”

“Then how come when I try to eat rocks after brushing using that stuff, my teeth still break?” Crystal asked.

“Did you remember to floss?” Spike asked.

“Ooooooooh!” Crystal said.

“See? See? It pays to floss.” Spike informed her.

“Ah don’t remember the last time ah went to the dentist; that’s why mah teeth here are made of titanium.” Engie said, showing his titanium teeth.

Just then Bon Bon shows up with a fresh batch of garlic rolls and places them on the table. “Alright, here’s a fresh batch of garlic rolls.” She said.

“Thanks, Bon Bon! These rolls sure are delicious!” Spike said.

“Oooo but these aren’t just any ordinary garlic rolls.” Bonnie added.

“What do ya mean?” Engie asked.

Lyra pops out of the flash from behind Bonnie and asked them, “Have you been keeping count of the garlic rolls you three have been eating today?”

“Of course, each of us had 30.” Spike said.

“You kept count?” Crystal asked.

“Yeah, a bit. These days I’ve been eating a lot more of Flare’s food than gems.” Spike said. “I started not to trust gems that much ever since I was a Sims character.”

A cutaway shows Spike in the Sims game, yawning and getting out of bed, and Spike looks up and sees an emerald floating on top of him. Spike mumbles gibberish, and a speech bubble that shows him holding a knife and fork appears, and then Spike starts jumping up and down trying to catch the emerald. Spike started to get fussy, and another speech bubble appears showing: #!*@ as Spike tried his hardest to get the emerald off from over his head. As Spike was jumping, he fell on the floor, rolling his eyes, and then another bubble appears showing a sad face. The cutaway ends.

"As Flare's business agreement says: for the first one that eats 32 garlic rolls gets a whole day of free pizza." Lyra said, reading the agreement.

"Free pizza for a whole day?!" Engie gasped.

"Oh snap! That's probably like..... 24 hours of free pizza!" Crystal said excitedly.

"Exactly! But the rule only applies until closing time." Bonnie said.

"I have to win this thing." Spike said.

"Nuh uh, ah'm gonna win this thing. DIBS!" Engie called out.

"Nope, I am. I already had one of these four rolls already." Crystal said with her mouth full.

Engie and Spike gasped as they both took a garlic roll and ate it; then suddenly, all three of them grabbed hold of the last garlic roll. "Let go of the roll!" Spike demanded.

"Nope, it's mine." Engie said.

"No, it's mine." Crystal said.

"I grabbed it first." Spike said.

"Nope, ah did." Engie said.

"I grabbed it earlier than first. I grabbed it zeroth!" Crystal said.

"If that actually counts, I grabbed it negative first." Spike said.

"Just let go of the roll already!" Engie yelled.

"No! I need that free pizza more than any of you! I'm poor!" Crystal said, pulling the roll towards her.

"I work my flank off all day for Twilight; I feel that I deserve it!" Spike yelled, pulling it towards himself.

"Alright this is gettin' ridculous!" Engie yelled.

"RIDCULOUS!" Crystal yelled in a British accent while waving a stick around like a magic wand.

"What was your first clue, Engie?" Spike asked obviously.

"Ah say whoever holds onto this roll the longest will get to eat it. Let go of the roll for even a second and you're out." Engie instructed.

"Sounds good." Crystal nodded.

"Alright, we'll start this when we get back to Flare's trailer." Engie said.

"Sure.... let go of the roll." Spike said mischievously.

"Alright we start now." Engie changed his mind. The three of my friends all stared at eachother, glaring at eachother, and making sure one of them lets go of the rolls at eachother. Yeah, I know that didn't sound right, but who's judging? Oh, right, the comments.

Anyways, as they were staring at eachother, Crystal said, "You know there's a new Supernatural coming on tonight." Just then the three of them stood up and started walking weirdly out of the booth and towards the door while still holding the roll, but when they were close to the door, Crystal said, "Wait! My cell phone." she pointed to the table showing her cell phone. The three of them walked weirdly back to the table so Crystal can retrieve her phone.

Back with Fluttershy and I, a few minutes later, I was sitting on Fluttershy's table waiting for the lunch. Fluttershy walks to the table giving me a nice hot bowl of soup.

"Sigh. Finally I've been waiting for you to get lunch!" I said impatiently.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Flare." Fluttershy said feeling bad for herself.

"Flutters relax, I was joking. J-K lawl. You know I can joke around, remember?" I asked. After I gulp down a spoonful of soup, I said as soup dripped down of my mouth; "Lawl remember Flutters?"

"Umm, you need a napkin?” Flutters asked.

"Affirmative! This is sure hittin' the spot!" I said happily.

"So Flare, may I ask you a question?" Fluttershy asked.

"You just did." I said.

"What?" Fluttershy asked feeling confused.

"Your question was, 'May I ask you a question'? Remember?" I asked.

“Oh, I didn’t realize it.” Flutters said.

"Lawl remember Flutters?" I asked.

Fluttershy gave me a smirk. "You like doing that don't you?" she asked.

"Do what?" I asked.

"With the jokes.” Flutters said.

“You really think I’m joking around?” I asked.

“I do.” Flutters nodded.

“Maybe I’m actually being serious and you may not know it.” I said. “I may be seriously black.”

“What?” Flutters asked.

“Never mind, Harry Potter reference.” I said as I continued eating my soup.

Just then, Fluttershy smiled. "Gotcha!" she said, and we both laughed, and after a few seconds of laughing, I sneezed again.

“Mind if I give you a temperature?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes I do. I do not have a temper!” I yelled angrily.

“Oh, alright. I won’t bother.” Fluttershy said upsettignly

“You’re not bothering-“ I then sneezed again. “...Me; I just don’t need a temperature because I don’t have a temper.”

“Are you joking again?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah a bit, although when I was a kid, I thought temperature was a temper meter of some sort, but still, I’m pretty sure I don’t have a-“ I sneezed yet again. “...Temperature.”

Fluttershy placed her hoof on my forehead and gasped. "You're burning up, Flare."

"You saying I'm hot?" I asked seductively.

Fluttershy blushed and said, "Umm, I'm gonna get you a thermometer."

"For me, I think you'll need to-" I coughed. "Call 9-1-1 because I'm fire-burnin' hot for you, Fluttershy." Fluttershy started getting just a little bit comfortable with my flirting, so she just walked over to her bathroom to get a thermometer. I looked over at Angel who was standing next to me and I asked him, "So, you related to the Trix rabbit?" Angel shrugged. "Sometimes I feel I'm related to the Cinnamon Toast Crunch guy because I have good tastes that you can see!" Angel just looked at me like he was confused on what I was talking about. "Nevermind." Fluttershy eventually walked on back with the thermometer. "Ahh, there you are, Flutters! I was starting to miss you!"

"Oh, well.... thank you." Fluttershy said. "Now say ahhh."

"Ah." I said.

"At the same time opening wide." Fluttershy added.

"Why? You gonna give me medicine or something?" I asked.

"Not yet, I want to stick this thermometer in your mouth first." Fluttershy said.

"That's a thermometer?" I asked as I observed it.

"Yes." Fluttershy nodded.

"I thought thermometers were little tape-like things that moms place on pony's foreheads?" I asked.

"Maybe it was like that back in your old town, but this is all I have." Fluttershy said.

"Oh." I said.

"I'm sorry." Fluttershy said.

"It's not your fault." I said.

"Ok, so open wide." Fluttershy instructed as she tries to stick the thermometer in my mouth, but I moved my face out of the way, making an uncomfortable face.

"No." I said.

"Why not? Don't worry, it's clean." Fluttershy said.

"I don't like putting things in my mouth that I can't swallow." I said.

"I'm sorry, Flare, but I must check your temperature." Fluttershy said.

"Why? You're an animal expert, not a pony expert." I said.

"I know I'm not, but I'm always there to help out my friends in need, now please open up." Fluttershy demanded. I shook my head and moaned. "Please, Flare? Please, for me?" Fluttershy asked with puppy dog eyes.

"No, not the cuteness!" I begged. Her eyes grew bigger. "Ugh!" I groaned. "I cannot say no to a friend. Your eyes have nothing to do with it, just to let you know." I sniffled and opened my mouth, and Fluttershy stuck the thermometer in my mouth.

"There we go! See? That wasn't so hard, was it?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm feeling very uncomfee with this in my mouth." I said.

"It's ok, Flare, it's ok." Fluttershy said as she gave me a hug, and leaned on me. "I know you're not feeling comfortable right now, but I'm here to help you in your time of need."

"I know, that's what really confuses me." I said.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"You're being too nice to me. Why?" I asked.

"That's what friends do for eachother." Fluttershy said.

"Is this part of a friendship lesson you're giving me, or you really saying that because you really like me?" I asked.

"Ummmmmmmmm..... both." Fluttershy smiled. I just sat there, not saying a thing. Nopony has ever cared for me that much before. What have I done for Fluttershy that makes her like me so much? It was really confusing. I knew Ponyville would be different from Mareami, but not this different.

"Sigh." I said.

"What?" Fluttershy asked.

"Forty five degree angle mouth face." I said.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm confused." I said.

"Why?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm feeling very cold all the sudden." I said.

"That's because you're under the weather right now." Fluttershy said as she took the thermometer out of my mouth and looking at it. "Oh my."

"What? Did you see lions and tigers and bears?" I asked.

"Your temperature is at 102.4." Fluttershy said.

"102.4, that's a radio station in Dubai." I said as I sneezed three times.

"I'm gonna take you home." Fluttershy offered.

"I'm fine, sista. I can walk myself home." I said.

"Not in this weather you're not." Fluttershy said.

"I have to go back to work. Lyra and Bonnie are waiting for me." I said.

"They'll be fine without you. You need your rest." Fluttershy said as she gave me a heavy raincoat to put on.

"Thanks, Flutters, but the raincoat itself is good enough." I said. "Oh, and it has a little white penguin on it! Lawl, I wouldn't be surprised if that penguin became the Pope."

"Let's go." Fluttershy said as she held an umbrella over my head and started to walk me home.

"Wait, my soup! I'm gonna take it to go." I said as I ran over towards the soup that Fluttershy made for me, took out a brown paper bag, and poured the soup inside. "That outta do it!" I said as some soup broth was dripping out from the bottom, and I walked back under Fluttershy's umbrella, and then she started walking me home. "You know, I'm actually thinking of writing a song about this moment. It'll be about two friends in the rain, and under an umbrella. I think it shall be called: Umbrella. I think this song would be pretty good to sing with Jay-Z."

"I think that song is taken, Flare." Fluttershy corrected me.

"Awww holy Wizard of Feelings! Ponies are always out there to steal my ideas!" I complained. "Well, then I can always make a song about singing in the rain. Maybe I'll even make a movie about that."

"I think that's taken too." Fluttershy said.

"REALLY?!" I yelled. "If you're telling me that somepony already wrote a song about raindrops falling on my head, I'm gonna totally flip out until cows come home!"

"Well... actually...." Fluttershy said.

"ANGRY FAAAAAAAAACE!" I yelled as I started spazing out, jumping up and down, and even kicked a rock, but I hurt my hoof as I did so, but that didn't stop me from kicking it some more!

Just then a taxi carriage drove by and dropped off a family of cows at their home. "Ah, it's so good to be home from our vacation!" the father said. "And good thing the house wasn't burned down or broke into while we were gone, otherwise we'd have to moooooooove somewhere else."

"I wish we visited Hindu more often though." the wife said.

"Ok the cows are home, I'm not gonna flip out anymore." I said to Fluttershy calmly.

Meanwhile, back with Engie, Crystal, and Spike, they were sitting at my trailer (you'll find out the reason why they're there later), still keeping hold of the garlic roll they're fighting for. Crystal was currently on the phone with her coltfriend. “I’m sorry, Thundy, I have to… stay late at work.”

“No she doesn’t, she’s lying to you!” Engie yelled out.

“Will you be quiet?” Crystal asked.

“If ya want privacy, let go of the roll.” Engie said, and then he yelled out loud again, “I’m so glad we went to this stallion supermodel agency! Crystal, here’s more sunscreen to rub onto the supermodel’s abs!”

Crystal was starting to get a bit frustrated. “I’ll call you back.” Crystal said to her coltfriend and she hangs up.

“Ya know, it’s nice that ya call your boyfriend and tell him yer gonna be late for dinner. From what ah heard if a boyfriend doesn’t eat on time, it’s very comfortable for his fat belly.” Engie teased.

“Don’t you talk about my boyfriend’s belly!” Crystal said angrily.

“If yer offended, let go of the roll and go on home to your boyfriend’s fat belly.” Engie said with a mischievous smile.

“Excellent, excellent, tire eachother out, the roll will be mine! Crystal, what don’t you go after Engie’s most loved one?” Spike suggested.

“Why don’t we go after yer most loved one, like…. Twilight for example?” Engie suggested.

“Ooooooo!” Crystal said in shock.

“Go ahead! I have no allusions for Twilight, she’s a kind, loving, mama’s little genius nerd, with a lot of big words nopony understands, and a mild Dr. Pepper addiction.” Spike explained. “Anything you’d like to add?”

“Well, looks like that’s not gonna get you anywhere; better pull out the big guns.” Crystal suggested.

“Yer right, let’s talk about Rarity.” Engie said with a smirk.

“NO!” Spike said angrily. “I call no beautiful marshmallows!”

“Think of it this way, the only way Rarity would look that good is that if Rarity showerd.” Engie said, moving his eyebrows up and down.

Spike started to sweat. “I don’t wanna hear this!”

“Then let go of the roll and walk away.” Crystal suggested.

“Never!” Spike said.

“Alright, I bet Rarity doesn’t just shower to become beautiful, I think she showers because she’s all wet and soapy.” Crystal said with a seductive voice.

“Stop it!” Spike demanded.

“Yeah, Rarity with her wet drippy mane on her head!” Engie added.

“I SAID STOP IT!” Spike yelled as Engie and Crystal laughed.

“We’re getting to him!” Crystal said.

“Waterfalls!” Spike yelled.

”What?” Crystal asked.

“Waterfalls, crashing waves, babbling brooks.” Spike said.

“What are you doing?” Crystal asked.

“Subliminal messaging. I’m gonna make you want to pee!” Spike said mischievously. “Drippy faucets, leaky gutters….. peeing.”

“It’s not working, dude.” Engie said.

“Oooooh, it’s working alright.” Spike nodded, and then suddenly he started jumping up and down. “I have to pee.”

“Then let go of the roll and go.” Engie said.

“Actually, I wouldn’t mind going to.” Crystal said.

“Ok, on a count of 3.” Engie suggested. “One…. Two….”

“Wait!” Crystal stopped him. “When you get to three, do we stand up, or do we pee?” Spike and Engie looked at her awkwardly.

“We stand up!” Spike said.

“Excellent choice.” Crystal nodded.

“Ok, one…. two…. three!” Engie said as all three of them stood up and limped all the way to the bathroom of my trailer. “Ah knew this was a bad day to wear my favorite overalls.” He said.

Meanwhile, I unlock the trailer doors so Fluttershy and I can walk inside. I continued coughing and sneezing as Fluttershy walks me over to my bedroom. “Where we going?” I asked.

“Taking you to bed.” Fluttershy said.

“But I’m not tired.” I complained.

“You need your rest.” Fluttershy said.

“But I’m not tirrrrrrrrrred!” I complained again.

“I’m sorry, Flare, but it’s for your own good.” Fluttershy said as she pushed me over to my bedroom so she can tuck me in.

“You know, I haven’t been to bed this early since I had to get up pretty early so I can drop my nana off at dialysis because her personal driver was too sick to take her.” I said.

“Nana needs dialysis? I’m so sorry.” Fluttershy shook her head upsettingly.

“But still, going to bed at 2:30 in the afternoon seems a little wrong to me.” I said.

Fluttershy takes me over to my bed and tucks me in. “Is there anything you need?” she asked.

“I need to win the lotto.” I said.

“Don’t we all?” Fluttershy nodded.

“Well since you’re really offering, can you make me a mosobop?” I asked.

“A…. what?” Flutters asked.

“A mosobop.” I said.

“Wh-what’s that?” Flutters asked.

“It’s a type of soup.” I said.

“Yes, but what kind of soup?” Flutters asked.

“It’s soup without anything in it; it’s just liquid.” I said.

“So you want soup broth?” Flutters asked.

“You say it your way, and I’ll say it my way.” I said.

“Coming right up, Flare!” Fluttershy smiled and was just about to walk out.

“Wait!” I stopped her. “Can you put the mosobop in a mug; more specifically: my Jaws mug?” I asked.

“Sure.” Fluttershy nodded and walked out of my room and into the kitchen so she can get me some mosobop.

Just as Fluttershy goes into the kitchen, Engie, Crystal, and Spike limps out of the bathroom and heads back into the lounge so they can continue the game. “None of you looked at me, right?” Crystal asked.

“I don’t know why we even bothered starting this.” Spike complained.

“Free pizza, remember?” Crystal reminded him.

“Yeah, but still, is it really worth it?” Spike asked.

“Hey, we’ve gotten through far in this game; we can’t give up now! We shall never give up! Ah haven’t even given up wearin’ the same underwear for the past 3 weeks. Ah almost didn’t, but ah did!” Engie said.

“Nice!” Spike said.

“Gross.” Crystal said. “Will either of you ever give up?”

“Hey, I will advise the two of you that resistance is futile; I have endless patience.” Spike said. “I was once on hold for 4 hours on HP Customer Service, just to complain about their customer service, and it was totally worth it!”

“You wanna hear about endless patience? My coltfriend made me watch all five seasons of Lost!” Crystal said.

“There are six seasons, Crystal.” Engie corrected her.

“AWW MAN!” Crystal complained.

“No, the sixth season was great! The Man in Black reunites with Saylid, and Ben kills Jacob, so Illena hunts for him; it’s a wild ride!” Engie explained. So the three limp on back to the lounge as Fluttershy comes out of the kitchen to give me some masobop.

“Fluttershy!” I yelled from my bedroom.

Flutters flew quickly to my room and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“I heard voices; you have visitors?” I asked.

“Ummm, I haven’t seen anyone.” Fluttershy said.

“Whatever, must be just the wind.” I thought.

“Yeah, I’m always blamed for everything.” The wind complained. “So, I’m gonna blow on your face.”

“WHAAAAAA?!” I cried.

“…In the face!” the wind added.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” I yelled, but then if you look very closely in my forehead, there’s a mini-face that looks similar to mine. “Noooooooooo!” the mini face cried as the wind blows on itand it sneezes, and then my normal sized face sneezes along with it.

“Gosh, you should drink this up immediately.” Flutters said as she was about to pour the mosobop down my throat.

“HEY, HEY, HEY!” I yelled, getting Flutters to stop.

“What?” Flutters asked.

“It’s Fat Albert!” I yelled in a complaining tone.

“Wh-what?” Flutters asked confusingly.

“I can’t drink that, not without a bendy straw.” I said.

“Oh, ok.” Flutters nodded as she flew off to get one, and then she came back with one in a jiff. It's kinda weird because jiff isn't even a real standard precision of time.

“Can I have a bendy straw with a red stripe, not a blue one?” I asked.

“Umm, sure.” Flutters flew back to the kitchen again and comes back with another straw. “Here you go, Flare.”

”GIMMIE!” I yelled in excitement as I started to gulp down the bosopop. Fluttershy was pretty impressed, but felt a wee-bit awkward on seeing me gulping down the bosobop like that. It’s a good thing Flutters didn’t get the wrong idea when I said ‘HEY HEY HEY’; I really hope she didn’t watch the MOV series. Trust me, she wouldn’t wanna watch that, and neither should you. Watching the MOV series makes the old version of FiE Book 1 seem awesome, my opinion that is.

“Well, umm…. i-if there’s nothing else you need, I-I think I should go check on my animals.” Flutters said as she was about to fly out of my trailer, but once I finished my mosobop, I stopped her.

“Wait!” I yelled as she stopped. I took out a container of chest rub and gave it to Flutters. “Will you rub this on my chest?”

“Oh Flare can you do it yourself?” Flutters asked.

“Nature’s Baby Organics makes my hooves smell funny.” I explained but forgetting that I’m a unicorn.

“Aww, Flaaaaaaare….” Flutters whined.

“Please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeease?” I begged.

Flutters sighed, takes the cream, and starts rubbing. “Alright, Flare.”

As she rubs, I stopped her. “NO! Counter-clockwise so my fur doesn't stick out.”

“Sorry.” Fluttershy said as she rubbed the chest rub on my chest.

After a little while, I asked her the big question; “Can you sing me Soft Dalek?”

“Wh-what?” Fluttershy asked.

“My mom used to sing it to me when I was sick.” I said.

“Well…. I would, but I… I don’t know how it goes.” Fluttershy said.

“I’ll teach you.” I said as I started to sing the song to her, and it goes: “Soft Dalek, Warm Dalek, little ball of hate…. Happy Dalek, sleepy Dalek, exter-min-ate!”

Flutters nodded. “That was a good song.”

“Now you sing it.” I requested.

Flutters was silent for a second, trying to remember the words, and she starts to sing with her lovely voice; “Soft Dalek, Warm Dalek…..”

She forgets what comes next, so I had to remind her; “Little ball of hate…” I reminded her. “Keep rubbing.”

Flutters continued to rub and sang while rolling her eyes; “Little ball of hate….” Just to let you know, I did not make that song up, so I don’t take credit, even though I may be using it a lot. Although the one who actually did make that song is currently unknown at this time, so we may never know. Anyways, since I’m recycling stuff from the first version of Book 1, I saved the karaoke thing that Fluttershy and I did in the original chapter 5 just for this special moment! It’s a beautiful song, but a bit overkill for this occasion, but since it’s such a beautiful song, I’m gonna put it in, so insert coin to get it started! The song is Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey.

We start off at the Lounge in my trailer with Spike, Engie, and Crystal in there, but without fighting for the roll, and I started to sing as Flutters watches. I sang the first lyrics of the song as Fluttershy smiles at me and places her hooves on her cheeks. I didn’t want to sing it alone so I pulled Engie up with me.

“No, dude, I don’t wanna-“ Engie said but he grabs the microphone and starts to sing, "Just a city boy..." part. Not that I know what Detroit actually is, but it’s part of the song. The Lounge started to change into a night sky. Fluttershy started to fall and she landed on a star.

Crystal started singing on the moon with Princess Luna next to her. Crystal was singing the "Some will win... some will lose..." part, and then Crystal gave Luna the microphone and she was singing "The movie never ends part", but instead of a fourth "and on" at the end of that verse, she yelled "ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!"

Just then, the four of us started singing at the same time; "Strangers... waiting..."

Then I sang by myself; "Up and down the boulevard."

Then we all sang at the same time again; "Their shadows... searching... in the ni-ight! Streetlight people..."

Then Luna sang by herself; "Living just to find emotion..."

Then we all sang again; "Hiding... somewhere in the niiiiiight!"

Then while the guitar solar was going on, the night sky turned into the desert. Fluttershy was on riding on the back of a shadowy pony running through desert, she was held onto its neck, but then when I started singing again, the brown pony turned into none other than me. "Don't stop... believin'... Hold on to that feelin'... streetlight people..."

Just then Spike appeared in the background with a microphone singing; "WHOOOOOOOHHHHHHAAAAA! Finally, I get to sing!"

Then Fluttershy was sleighing down a mountain, and I was sitting behind her, skiing ‘n singing, at the same time, which is pretty rare. "Don't stop believin’. "Hold ooooooonnn! Streetlight people..."

Then Spike appeared skiing next to me singing; "WHOOOOOOOHHHHAAAAA!"

I continued; "Don't stop believin... hold on to that feelin..." As I sang that part, the song started fading, along with the background. All this time, Fluttershy was asleep with her head on my bed, and the whole thing was a dream. I was too asleep at the time, and after a few moments, I awoken from my slumber, gave out a loud yawn along with flipping my tongue while doing so, and I suddenly spot Flutters laying her head on my bed; ooo rhyme!

“I know I did say I wanted a mare on my bed, but I never thought it would be like that.” I said. “You know, she kinda reminds me my mom when she slept on my bed when I was sick.” I smiled. “Fluttershy is really giving me a good example on friendship here right now. She took care of me when I was sick, she stayed to make sure I’d feel better, and she never given up on me. Fluttershy here is a true friend.” I leaned down over at Flutters and kissed her forehead out of gratitude. “I less then three you, mommy- I mean, Fluttershy! Wow, why did I just call her mommy? That was heavy.”

“GREAT SCOTT!” Dr. Emmet Browne said near my bedside.

Back in the other room, Engineer, Crystal, and Spike were all asleep on the couch in the lounge, and Engie and Crystal were the only ones remaining in the game because Spike wasn’t grabbing the roll. Engie then suddenly let’s go of the roll, turns around, and starts cuddling on Spike. Crystal awakes from her slumber and sees she’s the last one standing (sitting, actually) holding the roll.

“I done it!” Crystal said excitedly. “I won! The roll is mine!” Engie and Spike woke up and separated from eachother quickly, and they see Crystal in excitement. Crystal runs out of the room and yells, “IT’S MINE!” She then runs into the bathroom, turns on the sink, and starts cleaning out the roll. “We’re going to clean it up, and make it pretty! My one… my love… my PRECIOUS!” Crystal suddenly looks at herself in the mirror, and sees her face as a hobbit face, along with the hair. Crystal starts screaming and wakes up along side Engie and Spike in the lounge.

The three of them searched the room because the roll was nowhere to be found. “Where’s the roll?!” Engie cried. But just then, the three of them see me standing at the door, eating the roll that’s been on their filthy hooves (and claw) all afternoon.

“Oh I’m sorry; were you planning to eat this?” I asked.

“We were playing a game to see who would hold the garlic roll the longest, and the one doing so would get to eat it and win free pizza.” Spike explained.

“Oh that silly contest? Lawl! Wow I never thought my pizzas were that good! I guess everypony is right, I do have the best pizza in Equestria!” I said excitedly.

“But now that ya ate it, we won’t be havin’ any free pizza.” Engie complained.

“I DEMAND A REMATCH!” Crystal yelled.

“You three are being ridiculous. I can’t believe you would put your friendships at risk over some free pizza!” I said.

“Oh look who’s the friendship expert now.” Spike teased.

“Fluttershy taught me a lot about friendship today, and seeing you three fighting over my awesome and delicious pizzas kinda feels wrong….. actually….. now that I think about it….. you three should fight for my food more often! Also, I'm not sure what happened to my bathroom, but I am NOT cleaning it up!” I said.

“Flare?” Fluttershy called out from my bedroom.

“Wait, is Fluttershy in…. your bedroom?” Spike asked curiously.

“What were you two doin’ in there?” Engie asked suspiciously.

“I’m sick, and she’s helping me feel better.” I said.

“And by the sound of it, it sounds like you do feel better!” Fluttershy said.

“Huh?” I sniffed. “Oh… so I do! I knew the mosobop and Soft Dalek would do the trick!”

“Glad I was here to help you! We really had fun today, didn’t we?” Fluttershy asked.

“We did, Flutters! We did!” I nodded. “You are an awesome pony! Probably one the most awesomeist ones, and very pretty too!”

Flutters blushed. “Oh… thank you!”

“We really need to hang out more often.” I suggested.

“We do!” Flutters agreed.

“Should I get myself sick again?” I asked.

Flutters giggled. “Maybe not that way.”

“Well, sista, thank you for everything; you really inspired me today.” I said to her.

“Your welcome, Flare!” Fluttershy said in a sweet little voice, and gave me a big hug before walking out of my trailer.

“Bye, Fluttermom!” I waved.

“What?” Flutters asked.

“I mean- Fluttershy!” I corrected myself. She smiled and waved (boys, smile and wave) and then she hovers away. I looked over at the others, and they gave me funny looks.

“Oh snap!” Crystal said.

“What?” I asked.

“Seriously, what were you two doin’ in that bedroom?” Engie asked.

As Fluttershy flew out of my trailer, and she continued to blush and said, “I think Flare has a crush on me! Wait till I tell the girls!”

I close the door behind her and said to myself, “Fluttershy totally wants to be my mom! Wait… how would my regular mom think?”

“So Flare, got any other food competitions?” Crystal asked.

“You three should get a life.” I said. “Maybe you should get yourselves a relationship as strong as Fluttershy’s and I, because I’m telling you, it’s pretty heavy!”

“GREAT SCOTT!” Dr. Emmet Browne said, standing beside me.

Author's Note:

The replacement chapter 5. This chapter is similar to the old chapter 5; the beginning part of the story remains the same, but the time Flare spends with Fluttershy changes. Flare becomes sick, and Flutters has to take care of him; also I added Engie, Spike, and Crystal to the story, and given them a bit of a funny part in the chapter. Flutters does have a crush on Flare now, since Flare is a sweet-talker, but to add things, and maybe to add some spice into the later chapters, Flare thinks of Flutters as a mommy, and that is pretty hilarious. I kept the song too, I liked that part too much. x3