• Published 31st May 2012
  • 4,197 Views, 44 Comments

Friendship is Epic - Book 1: My Big Flare (COMPLETE REMAKE) - FlareGun45



A story about a unicorn, from the city of Mareami, who moves to Ponyville to have epic adventures.

  • ...
147
 44
 4,197

Pinkie Promise

Five days went by, and Rainbow Dash was at the park with her pet tortise, Tank. They were playing a game of chess. Rainbow Dash moved her castle to the middle of the board. "Ha! Take that!" Rainbow yelled. Just then, Tank moved his bishop to Dash's castle, and it was also close to Dash's king, and the king had nowhere else to go, so it was check-mate. "WHAT?!" Tank then smiled at Dash. "How can it be checkmate?! I had my king covered by my brook, and... I just remembered, I hate chess!" Dash picked up the board and threw it across the park and while Derpy was skipping by with a blueberry pie in her hoof. The board hit her head and she fell, and her face was stuffed in the pie. Derpy got back up and licked the pie outta her face.

"Alright, Tank. We did what you wanted. Now we do what I want to do. Last one to the playground is turtle stew! HA!" Suddenly, Rainbow and Tank started racing over to the playground. Rainbow started flying there faster than the speed of gravity, while Tank walked there slower than the speed of Internet Explorer. Rainbow was so close to getting there, and she could feel the victory in her veins. "HA! Nothing can stop the great Rainbow Dash!"

"HI RAINBOW!" Pinkie Pie yelled as she popped out of nowhere from in front of Rainbow. Rainbow crashes into Pinkie and they both collapsed to the ground. "What are you doing, Pinkie?"

"I came to invite you and Blaze to my totally fun, totally awesome birthday party tomorrow!" Pinkie said as she gives her two invitations.

"Alright, cool! I guess we're down." Rainbow said as she takes the invitation. "I expected you to sing and dance before you gave me the invitation."

"I was going to, but you crashed into me and I twisted my hoof!" Pinkie said as she giggled.

"Oh, sorry, Pinkie. You want me to take you to get that hoof looked at?" Rainbow asked.

"It's ok, Dashie! Today is also a special holiday I made up!" Pinkie said.

"And what might that be?" Rainbow asked.

"Hop With Only Three Hooves Day! I twisted the hoof I had in the air already." Pinkie said as she lifted her left hind hoof.

"Right." Rainbow said.

"Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!" Pinkie starts singing to herself and hops away with one of her hooves in the air.

"Alright, Tank! This time you're going to-" Rainbow Dash stopped and saw Tank already at the playground so he won the race. Tank smiled at Rainbow, and she smirked at him. "Oh, it's on now! Best 2 outta 3!"

Meanwhile over at AppleJack's place, AppleJack puts on a karate outfit and a headband, along with a brown belt, she turns on epic fighting music on her boombox, and she starts yelling out a battlecry and charges to her fields and starts bucking apples right of the trees, karate style. Kicking and punching the trees until every apple falls into the buckets around the trees. Once she finishes, she stands in place and bows.

"HEY APPLEJACK!" Pinkie yelled as she pops out of nowhere which surprises AppleJack and she accidentally kicks her in the nose.

"Whoa nelly!" AppleJack yelled. "Pinkie, ah apologize deeply! Ah didn't know y'all were behind me, but ya know perfectly well that ah don't like to be disturbed while ah'm workin'."

"It's ok, AppleJack!" Pinkie said as she checked her nose to see if it was bleeding. "Oh cool, ketchup!"

"Ya need a paper towel for that bleeding nose, sugarcube?" AppleJack asked.

"I'm ok, AJ! Ooo I rhymed!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"Are ya sure? Because ya look worse than Ellen Buckin!" AppleJack said.

"And you look worse than AppleJack." Pinkie said.

"What?" AppleJack asked.

"What?" Pinkie asked.

"Alright yer confusin' me, Pinkie. What do ya need?" AppleJack asked.

"I'm inviting you to my birthday party!" Pinkie said as she gives AppleJack an invitation.

"Your birthday, huh?" AppleJack takes the invitation and nods. "Well just to let ya know: ya did surprise me earlier, and you're the one that's supposed to be surprised, not me."

Pinkie giggled. "Well today's not my birthday silly! It's tomorrow!"

"Heh! Yeah, alright, thanks!" AppleJack said.

"You're welcome! Bye!" Pinkie waves as she hops off to Twilight's library to invite her to her party. Over at her house, Twilight was producing a new experiment and Spike was her test monkey.

"Alright. Drink this." Twilight instructed Spike.

Spike takes a look at the potion Twilight made, and he sticks out his tongue. "Blah! Looks worse than corn, chili, and socks mixed with cream spinach." he said.

"C'mon, Spike, I need to make sure this new breakfast drink Zecora wanted me to make actually works, and you volunteered to be the test subject, now drink." Twilight demanded.

"Can't your other test subject do it?" Spike asked.

"My only other test subject is Tom Hanks and he has diabetes." Twilight said.

"I'd drink it, but I have to get some blood work in a bit." Tom Hanks said.

"I'll give you a Spikey snack if you drink this." Twilight promised.

"R'okay!" Spike said excitedly as he drank up the whole potion.

"This drink will surely give you all the vitamins, minerals, calories and proteins you need to start your day!" Twilight said.

"LAAAAAME! How about you just drink Ensure?" Pinkie suggested as she pops out of nowhere and shows Twilight and Spike an Ensure bottle. "It's full of protein, vitamins, minerals, and reviger! It's perfect for mornings, afternoons, nights, before and after meals!"

A cutaway shows Pinkie on a bicycle while holding an Ensure bottle. "Or when you're on the go!" she shouted. The cutaway ends.

"Hey can I try that potion? Thank you!" Pinkie snatches the potion from Spike and gulps it down. "Mmmm! Tastes like blackberries!" Just then, Pinkie's face swells up. "And I'm allergic to black berries." She then spits the whole thing back in the cup and her body returns to normal (besides her swollen nose).

"So what you need, Pinkie, and what happened to your nose?" Twilight asked.

"Well, will you guys come to my party tomorrow? None of that stuff potion stuff is there! Just cake, ice cream, pizza; you'll love it!" Pinkie explained as she gave Twilight and Spike invitations.

"Alright! Sure. I have nothing else to do tomorrow." Twilight said.

"I do. I'll be NOT having barf potion!" Spike said to Pinkie while glaring at Twilight.

"Alright, now can you tell me what's wrong with your nose?" Twilight asked.

"I just did. Now if you want, I can tell you why I came here." Pinkie said.

"Umm, alright, why did you come here?" Twilight asked.

"To invite you to my super fun birthday party tomorrow!" Pinkie said as she gave Twilight and Spike more invitations.

"Oh, well... alright!" Twilight said.

"Double the invitations means double the fun!" Spike said.

"Spike please." Luna rolled her eyes and said.

"Luna? When did you get here?" Spike asked.

"I'm here to borrow a book from Twilight about these so called 'Tacos'. I never had them since I got banished." Luna said.

"Okay! See you tomorrow!" Pinkie said as she took a big gulp from the potion Twilight made and hopped back outside. She ran back inside again to spit the potion back into the cup, and she runs back out.

"Ok, I am definitely not drinking this now." Spike said.

Meanwhile over at Fluttershy's place; Rarity, Fluttershy, Aqua, and Engie were playing a game of scrabble. It was Rarity's turn, so she was thinking of what to spell. Rarity smiled and spelled 'B-E-A-N' right next to the word 'N-E-T-W-O-R-K'. "Bean." Rarity said. "Not something I like to eat, but still I got the word!"

"Why not?" Aqua asked.

"The results?" Rarity reminded him.

"Oh." Aqua nodded.

"Yeah." Rarity said.

"Well ah got a word for y'all!" Engie said as he added 'B-A-G' after 'BEAN'. "BEANBAG! In your faces!"

"Oh... dear." Fluttershy said as she got a little spooked by what Engie said.

"Calm down, Engie, it's only a game." Aqua said.

"What? Ya just jealous that ah'm the test speller 'round 'ere, Aqua?!" Engie yelled.

"Is he always like this when he plays games?" Rarity whispered to Aqua.

"He's alot worse when we play Life." Aqua said.

A cutaway shows Engie playing Life with Aqua, Crystal, and I. Engie spins and moves his car piece across the board. "HA! BABY BOY! Ah already got four children already! Ah rule at this game! Y'all SUCK at Life!" he yelled at us.

"He's right." Crystal said upsettingly. The cutaway ends.

"I bet Twilight would like this game. If she hasn't played it, she'd really have fun with it." Fluttershy said.

"Maybe we can play this game at my party tomorrow!" Pinkie said as she popped out from under the Scrabble board and gave everypony invitations.

"Aw c'mon! Ah was winnin'!" Engie complained.

"Oh right, it's your birthday tomorrow!" Fluttershy remembered.

"I have lots more board games like this. Maybe I can bring some." Fluttershy suggested. "There's Monopoly, Life, Trouble, Sorry..."

"Now that kind party sounds 'boring'. Heh, get it? Boring? Because it's a 'board game'?" Engie teased. Everypony just glared at him. "Y'all are buzzkills."

"Okay! I'll see ya guys there!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"Wait, Pinkie, dear? What happened to your nose?" Rarity asked.

"Oh this? It's just a little dirt." Pinkie said as she wipes off the make-up on her nose to make it look like it was swollen. "AppleJack accidentally kicked me in the nose and it got all dirty."

"What about the blood?" Aqua asked.

"It was ketchup, I had a carrot dog today." Pinkie said.

"It sure looked swollen before." Flutters said.

"Well, at least we got this misunderstanding carried out, and I'll see you at my birthday party tomorrow!" Pinkie said as she hops away. While everypony was distracted with Pinkie, Engie was changing the points on the scrabble card.

"Wait, what are ya doing, Engie?" Aqua asked.

"Ah had 23 points, Fluttershy has 14, Rarity has 12, and you have 8." Engie said.

"No, if I remember correctly, I had 17 points." Rarity corrected him.

"Nope, it says so right here. You have 12." Engie said.

"Actually, I remember the whole score sheet. Rarity was 17, Aqua was 16, you were at 19, and I was at 18." Fluttershy said.

"Nope." Engie said.

"Yeah, I remember correctly." Flutters said.

"You can't go wrong with Fluttershy's memory, darling." Rarity said.

"No, no, ah was at 23." Engie said. The four of them started to argue about the points, but when the arguing got out of hoof, Engie tears up the paper and throws it out the window. "Alright, alright, see? Now everypony's points is just dust in the wind."

"Oh yeah, that's real mature." Aqua said sarcastically.

“Yeah, well, who comes out a winner? That’s right me!” Engie stands up and starts making audience cheer sound effects, and he yells out, “Haaa haaaa – Engie once again – haaa haaaa – undefeated champion of the world – haaaaaa haaaaaa, ha ha haaaaaa!” Aqua just facehoofed himself, Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes, and Fluttershy just smiled embarrassingly. I was the last one Pinkie needed to invite. I was inside my trailer, and playing on my computer. My fish Darrel was the first to notice Pinkie crawling around my hallway.

“Oh, oh, look, look!” Darrel pointed out.

“What is it, Darrel?” Dorthey asked.

“I… I saw something. I saw something!” Darrel said.

“What did you see?” Dorthey asked.

“Saw… saw a pink thing, saw a pink thing!” Darrel said.

“What pink thing?” Pearl asked.

“Is it edible?” Yoyo asked.

“Not sure, but I saw a pink thing in the hallway.” Darrel said.

“I’m looking there right now, and I can’t see a thing.” Rainbow said.

“All I see is a jerk blocking my view. Get out of the way!” Piddles yelled at his reflection.

“There it goes again!” Darrel yelled as Pinkie snuck from door to door over at my hallway. “Big red guy! Hey! You have an intruder!”

“He can’t hear you, Darrel.” Dorthey reminded him.

“Maybe I should speak louder. HEY! RED GUY! LOOK OUTSIDE!” Darrel yelled even louder.

“He can’t understand you.” Dorthey reminded him.

“Maybe he can understand you. Go ahead Dorthey, yell out for him.” Darrel instructed her.

“He’s not gonna understand any of us.” Dorthey said.

“Yeah, if he did understand us, I would tell him to feed me some shrimpies.” Yoyo said.

“Hey, Yoyo, there should be plenty of food in the sewers. How about you go down there?” Pearl asked.

“Sounds like a good idea, Pearl! How do I get down there?” Yoyo asked.

“Play dead.” Piddles said.

“I dunno if it’s gonna work. Sometimes I sleep upside down and Flare is always scared for my life, until he finally got used to it. Hey, I got a lot of food because he thought I was hungry when I was laying down like that, and you know what? He was right.” Yoyo explained.

“Trust me; if you try it real well, I’m sure he’ll fall for it.” Piddles said.

“Alright!” Yoyo said as he starts floating to the top of the tank.

“The pink thing is getting closer!” Darrel yelled. “I just saw it go into the closet!”

“Darrel, calm down, you might just be seeing things.” Rainbow said.

“HI FLARE!” Pinkie yelled as she popped out of nowhere and made me fall of my office chair.

“See? Told you!” Darrel said.

“I must admit, you have a sharp eye. Maybe you should take over the night shift.” Rainbow suggested.

“What are you watching on your computer? Is that… are you looking at images of shopping carts?” Pinkie asked as she looked at my computer.

“That is none of your concern!” I quickly stood up and closed the browser. “How did you get in here? How did you get passed my security system?”

“The door was already opened a crack.” Pinkie said.

“Oh. Well then. What do you need, Pinks?” I asked.

“I want to invite you to my birthday party tomorrow!” Pinkie said as she gave me an invitation.

“Isn’t easier to just send me an email?” I asked.

“Silly, Flare! I can’t see my friends with emails, duh!” Pinkie said.

“If you have a webcam, then you can Skype chat.” I said.

“How can I hug you then?” Pinkie asked.

“You want a hug?” I asked.

“Oh no thanks, I had a big dessert. I couldn’t eat another bite.” Pinkie said as she rubbed her tummy.

“So it’s your birthday tomorrow, huh? I haven’t been to a birthday party since I performed a magic show for a blind a young colt.” I said.

A cutaway shows me doing the card magic trick with a young colt at his birthday party. “Is this your card?” I asked as I showed him a six of spades.

“I don’t know.” The colt said.

“Is it a black card?” I asked.

“I don’t know what black is.” The colt said.

“Ta da!” I embarrassingly said to the other foals who watched. The cutaway ends.

“So how old are you going to be?” I asked.

“Well, they say I have the body of a 20 year old.” Pinkie said.

“DO you have a body of a 20 year old?” I asked.

“You have no evidence of me having one.” Pinkie teased as she suspiciously moved her eyes back and forth.

“You better get rid of the body, stat!” I whispered.

“Nah, I like it too much.” Pinkie whispered.

“I like it too.” I whispered.

“Thank you. Do you have a body of a 20 year old?” Pinkie asked.

“A bit, yeah.” I whispered.

“I like it too.” Pinkie whispered.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“So you coming to my birthday tomorrow?” Pinkie whispered.

“Affirmative.” I whispered.

“Good. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Pinkie whispered as she slowly started backing away towards the door.

“You know, a lot of mares have been visiting lately, I’m surprised he doesn’t have a marefriend yet.” Piddles said.

The next day came, and everypony was going to Sugarcube Corner for Pinkie's birthday party. Everypony was talking, dancing, playing board games, and video games. "Happy Birthday, Pinkie! This is a fun party!" Aqua said.

"It is! So who's up for a game of Shoots and Ladders?" Blaze Goldheart suggested.

"Ooooh! Sounds like fun!" Pinkie said.

“So where’s my gun?” I asked.

“What?” Blaze asked.

“Where’s my gun? This is Shoots and Ladders. Where’s my gun?” I asked.

“You don’t use guns in this game, man. It’s a board game. Shoots means slides.” Blaze said.

“So if I slide across the floor, it’s actually considered shooting across the floor?” I asked.

“I suppose.” Blaze said.

“Anyways, this is a really fun party, Pinkie! You’re a natural in making these things!” Psyche said.

“Thanks, Psyche! I didn’t make it though.” Pinkie said.

“Oh? Who did then?” Psyche asked.

“Gummy did!” Pinkie said as Gummy crawls by and starts chewing on Psyche’s tail.

“Ah! So he did.” Psyche said as he shakes his tail to the front of him so he can take a good look at Gummy. “How did you come hold of Gummy anyway?”

“Oh when I first saw him, and when he first saw me, I knew we would be friends forever!” Pinkie said.

A cutaway shows Pinkie outside near a pond. She bends over and takes a sniff of some flowers by the pond. Gummy peeks his eyes out of the pond and locks them on Pinkie. Gummy swims over towards Pinkie, and Pinkie was still sniffing the flowers. Gummy opens his mouth and reveals his very sharp baby teeth. He was just about to pounce onto Pinkie. Once he does so, Pinkie immediately stood up and looked at an incoming butterfly. Gummy misses Pinkie completely and his mouth smashes into a rock, shattering all his teeth in the process. “Oh no!” Pinkie said as she spots Gummy on the rock, who is in pain. She picks him up and smiles. “You poor thing, you look like you’re in pain! Where’s your mommy? Aww, are you an orphan? Well don’t worry little guy, I’ll take good care of you! We’re gonna have so much fun together.” Pinkie places Gummy on her back. “You know, most alligators would bite pony’s heads off, but you aren’t like any other alligator. We’re going to be best friends forever!” The cutaway ends.

"Alright everypony! Cake's here!" Mrs. Cake said as she rolls in a big pink cake on a cart.

"NO! The cake is a lie!” Engie yelled.

“Actually, the cake is the truth. It appeared in the end of the game.” Crystal corrected him.

“She’s right.” Psyche said.

“Of course I’m right. Have I ever not been right?” Crystal asked.

A cutaway shows Crystal showing Tom Cat some pictures on a chalk board of Jerry Mouse. “As you can see, Tom, this is why you need to catch this mouse.”

“Why can’t we just get along though? I don’t wanna hurt the little guy.” Tom asked.

“Tom, cats eat mice, and you know he’s gonna laugh at you if you don’t chase him.” Crystal said.

“Yeah, but I don’t see what the big deal is over it.” Tom said.

“But Tom, you may not know it, but this mouse is a terrorist. He’ll cause great destruction if you don’t take him out.” Crystal said.

“He is?” Tom asked.

“Yes, and only you can stop him!” Crystal said.

“Well, that completely changes everything. I’ll kill that mouse one way or another!” Tom said. “But wait, won’t it be dangerous?”

“You’re a clever cat, I’m sure you’ll find a way to catch him. It won’t take you 65 years, and you have insurance.” Crystal said.

“Alright, so what do I do?” Tom asked.

“Use your imagination. Do what no cat ever does. Hint hint: dynamite.” Crystal whispered. The cutaway ends.

"Cake time!" Mrs. Cake said as she takes out a cake and rolls it in front of Pinkie. Pinkie then inhales and gets ready to blow the candles, but she takes out a table fan and uses the fan to blow the candles.

"Oooooh! Clever, clever!” Rarity nodded.

"This birthday is amazing!" Pinkie yelled as she stuffed her face into the cake. She takes her face off the cake, and her face was splattered in frosting. "This cake is delicious!"

"Yeah, it would be better if there was some for us though." AppleJack suggested.

"Don't worry, I have another one! We always come prepared.” Mr. Cake said.

"That cake is a lie too!" Engie said. Mr. Cakes cuts the cake and gives everypony a slice.

"Aww! Vanilla? I wanted chocolate!" Spike whined.

"Sorry, Spike. Pinkie ate the chocolate one." Mr. Cake said. Pinkie was still gobbling up the cake she stuffed her face in. Some of the cake got splattered in Fluttershy’s face.

“Oh Fluttershy, ya alright?” Aqua asked as he picks up a napkin and gives it to her.

“Oh, it’s alright, Aqua. I don’t mind.” Flutters said as she takes the napkin and wipes her face.

“I do though. Gives me flashbacks of my late mother.” Aqua said.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Flutters said as she quickly cleaned her face off with all the napkins she can find.

“Umm, I didn’t say I didn’t like it. I preferred you kept it li- nevermind.” Aqua said.

"So Pinkie, we got presents here if you want to open some.” Blaze suggested.

"PRESENTS!” Pinkie yelled as she lifted her face up from the cake and runs to the carpet where are her presents are. "PRESENTS! PRESENTS PRESENTS!"

“Umm, Pinkie, you got a little something…” Twilight informed her as she pointed to her face.

“Yeah, that's a face." Pinkie said.

“No, you just got a little…” Twilight pointed to her face again.

“Oooooh, I got something on my face!” Pinkie understood as she licked all the leftover cake from her face with her long tongue. “Always room for leftovers!”

"Open mine first. It's totally awesome!" Rainbow suggested as she gave her a present.

"Alright!" Pinkie said as she quickly opens Dash's present. Pinkie smiled big, and then she ran to Dash and hugged her. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, Rainbow!"

"Yeah, you're welcome.... Pinkie." Rainbow said as Pinkie was still hugging her tight. "Yeah. Alright. There, there, Pinkie!" Pinkie still continued hugging Rainbow and Rainbow started to feel a little uncomfortable. "Alright, Pinkie. That's enough. Thank you. Pinkie? That's enough now."

"I'M NOT DONE YET!" Pinkie yelled as she still hugged Rainbow tightly. Rainbow just stood there and rolled her eyes, and then eventually, she finally lets go. "There we go! Liked it?"

"Uhhh.... yeah. It was great, Pinkie!" Rainbow said in an uncomfortable tone.

"I've always wanted a pair of cupcake slippers!" Pinkie yelled as she held out the cupcakes slippers Rainbow gave her. Pinkie reaches over and observes another present. "Ooo! This one is rectangular shaped, which means it's a good one!" Pinkie Pie unwraps the present and inside it contained a white box. "A BOX?! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A BOX! Thanks, Rarity!" Pinkie cried as she ran over to Rarity and hugged her.

"You're quite welcome, darling!" Rarity said. "But the box isn't the present. It's what's in the box!"

"Oh, silly me!" Pinkie said as she bops herself in the head, and then hops back to the box and opens it, and it reveals to be a big pink and yellow dress with cupcakes and cookies on them. "Wow, Rarity! This is very pretty!"

"I made it myself! It'll be perfect for the next Grand Galloping Gala.” Rarity said.

"We’re going to the Gala again?! Nice!" Pinkie yelled in excitement. "Thank you so much! Okay, who's next?" Pinkie reaches over and grabs a small present. "Oh it's small.”

“It could be bigger on the inside though!” Blaze teased.

“Oooo, fancy!" Pinkie said as she starts unwrapping the present and it reveals a book. "Guide to Best Parties, for dummies?” Pinkie was a little confused on the present Twilight gave her. “Rarity, I think this belongs to one of the dummies at your shop."

Twilight giggled. "You're so silly, Pinkie! I gave you this book so you can make your parties alot better!" she said.

"What's wrong with the parties I throw?" Pinkie asked.

"There's nothing wrong with them." Twilight said. "I mean, if you want them to be beyond amazing, then you should read this book! It has 1000 pages of pure party information to make parties as fun as they can be! The odds of you reading this book and throwing a party after are-"

"Hi I'm Twilight! WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS!" I teased as everypony started to laugh. Twilight just glared at me.

“Nice one, man! That was hilarious!” Blaze said.

“You found it funny?” I asked.

“I did!” Blaze said.

“No you didn’t.” I teased.

“I did though!” Blaze said.

“You sure?” I asked.

“I’m sure.” Blaze said.

“Positive?” I asked.

“Yes.” Blaze said.

“Positively sure?” I asked.

“YES!” Blaze yelled.

“Positively positively surely sure?” I asked. Blaze just sighs and just facehooves himself. “That doesn’t answer my question.” I said.

“Heh; alright, Flare, calm down.” AppleJack said as she patted me on the shoulder.

"Alright, Twilight! This book will be perfect for the collection of books you give me all the time for my birthday and Hearth's Warming!" Pinkie said and giggled. "Thanks, Twilight!" Pinkie hugged Twilight. "Oh look at this one! It's from AppleJack!" Pinkie unwraps AJ's present and inside revealed to be a hat. “You’re giving me your hat?”

“Oh that’s not mah hat. Ah got it for you. Ah wouldn’t give this baby away for anythin’ in the world.” AppleJack said as she patted her hat.

"Thanks, AppleJack!" Pinkie said as she hugged her.

"Yer welcome, sugarcube!" AppleJack said.

"Ah! This one is from Fluttershy!" Pinkie said as she opened the present she gave her.

"Oh, be careful with it. I mean, if that's okay." Flutters asked.

"OH MY GOSH! I'M GONNA RIP THIS THING OPENED!" Pinkie yelled as she started unwrapping the present like a raged psycho. Fluttershy started shaking in feer.

"Oh, be careful Pinkie. I mean, if that's alright. The present is, um, kinda fragile." Flutters explained. Pinkie opened the box and smiled. "Those are little glass statues of each of us. Do you like them? I mean... it's okay if you don't."

"I don't like them." Pinkie said.

"Oh... sorry...." Fluttershy said sadly.

“Don’t listen to her, Flutters. She’s gonna yell ‘I love them’ in a second.” I whispered to her.

"I ADORE THEM!" Pinkie yelled.

“Meh, close enough.” I whispered.

Pinkie picks up Fluttershy, hugs her, and spins her around. "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" After Pinkie let her go, Fluttershy was getting dizzy; she walked funny, and her eyes were rolling around her sockets.

Pinkie also got presents from her other close friends. She got a Birthday cake hat from Crystal, a hi-tech wrist watch from Engineer, a mug that says ‘Don’t ask me about my day because you’ll most likely get a song’ from Psyche, a Hoops and Yoyo birthday card from Blaze and Rainbow (which was her favorite), and a pink t-shirt from Aqua that says ‘You don’t even know if I’m wearing a shirt’. And now, it was finally time for my present.

"Ooooh! This one feels heavy!" Pinkie said.

"That's what she said!” I teased.

"I know that's what I said." Pinkie said and giggled. She was very excited as she opened my present. "WOW! What is this?"

"That's a boombox!" I said.

"A what-box?" Pinkie asked as she started to panic. "TAKE COVER!" She yelled as she jumps behind Rainbow Dash and hides behind her.

“You’d really use me as a live shield, Pinkie?” Rainbow asked.

"Noooo, Pinkie, it won't explode. Not unless you modify it as a bomb or something, but this is perfectly safe, and it'll be a good replacement to your junky gramophone." I said.

"Yeah, you're right. That gramophone does look kinda old does it?" Pinkie asked.

"Well I hope you like it!" I said.

"Flare? THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER!" Pinkie yelled.

"OW!” Rarity yelled as she held her ears. “Darling! Try shouting that into a megaphone."

Pinkie smiled wide, and then took out a megaphone and shouted, "THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER!" The whole building shook while she screamed it.

"What? You think my present wasn't good enough?" Rainbow asked.

“No wait, that birthday card you and Blaze gave me was the best one! I mean, a card that talks?! Where else can you find something like that?!” Pinkie asked. "But, look! It has a microphone, a play button, a pause button, a slot where you put in candy..." Pinkie takes out a chocolate bar and places it inside the tape player. "And let's not forget a place on the top for my records....” Pinkie opens the CD player on top of the boombox and tries to put one of her records inside. “Huh? It's too small. How can I fit my records in there?"

"Have you ever heard of tape players, or CDs?" I asked.

"Of course I have, silly!” Pinkie said. "But I thought this would be a replacement gramophone?"

"Gramophones are so 1940s! Boomboxes are the way into the future, sista." I said. "And there's even a spot where you can play your Ipod!"

Pinkie jumped up and hugged me tight. "Thank you, Flare! This is so nice of you! Thank all of you! This birthday had to be the best one ever!”

“Didn’t you say that about your last birthday?” Spike asked.

“It all just gets better year by year! I can already see my future party!” Pinkie said.

A cutaway shows Pinkie drinking chocolate out of a chocolate fountain. “I want a chocolate fountain next year.” Just then, a repo pony walks by, pushing a cart with a filing cabinet on it. “Oh and I want a filing cabinet too! Filing cabinets are so cool!” The cutaway ends.

“So a spot where I can plug in my Ipod, huh? Is the Ipod included?” Pinkie asked.

“No, I… never thought you needed one.” I said.

“Yeah I could use one after I got tired of that Transistor Radio.” Pinkie said.

A cutaway shows Pinkie sitting on a park bench, waiting for Rainbow Dash to show up to play. “Maybe I should listen to some music on my transistor radio until Rainbow Dash shows up to play.” Pinkie said as she takes out her sister Marble Pie and pokes her in the stomach.

“You do realize it’s tranSISTOR radio, not tranSISTER radio, right?” Marble asked.

“Are you gonna sing for me, or what? Turn on 92.8.” Pinkie demanded. Marble starts singing an Eminem song. “No, I don’t wanna hear that! Turn on 93.1.” Marble starts singing One Is the Loneliest Number by Three Dogs Night. “No, that song is too sad. Turn on 45.6.”

Marble started having a random conversation to herself like from a talk show. “So how about those griffons, Bob? Well, Dan, I believe they can be they leave their jungle kingdom when they fly south for the winter, since they’re lion and eagle, but what puzzles me Dan is, do they lay eggs or are they mammals? I’m not sure, but what really puzzles me is do they feed their young milk or worms?”

“Talk, talk, talk. Turn on 97.7” Pinkie demanded. Marble started to make a static-like sound effect. “Awww, no signal.” The cutaway ends.

“Now if you want something like an Ipod, you’d want something like this!” I said as I took out my Ipod Touch so I can show it to Pinkie. “It's an Ipod Touch! More different than the old Ipods! NOW THIS…. is the way to the future! Check it out!"

Pinkie takes the Ipod and uses her hoof to scroll down and pick songs. "Wow, you have alot of songs in here!" she said.

"Wanna hear one?" I asked.

"WOULD I?!" Pinkie yelled.

"Would you?" I asked.

"WOULD I?!" Pinkie cried.

“Would you?” I asked.

"WOULD I?!"

"Would you?"

"WOULD I?!"

“Would you?”

"WOULD I?!"

"Would you?"

"WOULD I?!"

"LET'S JUST HEAR THE SONG ALREADY!" Blaze yelled, feeling annoyed.

"For Wizard of Hope’s sake, Blaze! Can you yell any louder with that dragon-like voice of yours?” I asked. So Pinkie puts on the headphones and starts listening to 'Last Friday Night' by Katy Perry. Pinkie was dancing to the song and sang along during the choir.

“So you pick Katy Perry to listen to over every other artist?” Crystal asked.

“She’s amazing!” Pinkie said.

“Ah would rather pick music from the 70s.” Engie said.

"Wow! This is thing is amazing!" Pinkie yelled in excitement. “I never had an Ipod before!”

"How about connect that thing to the boomie-box and let's get shakin' bacon?” I suggested.

"You got it, Flare!" Pinkie said as she connects the Ipod to the boombox and everypony danced. Time flies while you’re having fun because shortly after, the party was over and everypony started to leave.

"Bye everypony! Thanks for coming! Gummy's party is next!" Pinkie yelled out.

“Can’t wait! I just hope he doesn’t bite my tail again.” Psyche said.

“He doesn’t have any teeth though.” Aqua corrected him.

“I know, but his saliva is kinda making the color fade on my tail.” Psyche said. As I was walking out of the building, Pinkie stopped me.

“Flare, wait!” Pinkie called out.

"Sup, Pinks?” I asked.

Pinkie started getting nervous. "Um... I was wondering. This Ipod is so cool, and I wanted to.... you know.... borrow it? Is it okay?" Pinkie asked giving a squee.

"Of course! Borrow it for as long as you want!” I said.

“I know you wanna say no, and I- wait, did you say yes?” Pinkie asked.

“Technically I said ‘of course’, but it means the same thing so… yes.” I said.

“Thanks, Flare! I know I don’t want to just ask to borrow this, but when I listened to it, a party just went on in my head, and I couldn’t stop dancing!” Pinkie explained.

“I think that might be just brain tumors.” I said.

“Regardless, thank you Flare! Thank you sooooo so so so so so so so sooooooooo so so so so so sooooooooo so so so sooooooo so sooooo so so so so so so much!” Pinkie said excitedly as she hugged me.

“No problemo! Just try not to damage it or break it. It can be fragile.” I said.

"You can count on me, Flare!" Pinkie said as she saluted.

"Pinkie promise?" I asked.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in...." Pinkie promised, but then I stuck a garlic roll in Pinkie's eye before she can finish.

"Oh wait, it’s a cupcake that goes in your eye, not a garlic roll.” I realized. “My bad.”

Pinkie giggled. "Don't worry, Flare! Accidents happen!” Pinkie said cheerfully as her eye started to burn from the garlic grease. “I'll take good care of it! Don't worry!"

"Treat it like a child as if it was your own.” I instructed her. Just then Fluttershy comes over and whispers in my ear. “Wait, what? Oh, alright. So Pinkie, don’t treat like your child as if it was your own. Treat it like a big piece of cake you can’t drop.” Fluttershy starts whispering in my ear again. “I mean, treat it like an Ipod.” Fluttershy started whispering in my ear once more. “I ran out of ideas, alright? Don’t get in my case.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Flutters said.

“No worries, let’s go. See you, Pinks!” I waved as Flutters and I walked back home. To our individual homes to be exact, not both of us going to one place.

"Wow! This thing is amazing! I can listen to music anywhere I want!" Pinkie said excitedly, but then Pinkie’s excitement went away and she frowned as she walked over to her gramophone. "But I've had this gramophone all my life. I don't think I'd want to get rid of it. I wonder if you can plug this Ipod in here."

The next day came, and Pinkie was listening to my Ipod all day and all of last night. "This thing is amazing! I almost don't want to give it back!" she said happily as she was jumping around town. "But I must return it. I had it with me for a long time. I think I should return it now."

So Pinkie returned over to Sugarcube Corner and started cleaning the place up, took care of the Cake babies, and baked some sweet treats, but still listening to my Ipod while she was at it. Pinkie was listening my Ipod all day long. When night time came, she decided to take a stroll around the town, and she was still listening to it. "Ipods are sooooo fun!" Pinkie said. "Listen to music where ever I go. It's great!" Just then Pinkie suddenly stopped hoping and thought. "Hmm, perhaps I should give this back to Flare. I had it enough." Pinkie suddenly started hoping again. "Nah, he must be sleeping now. I'll return it tomorrow morning!" Just then Pinkie trips on a rock and falls to the ground and the Ipod was lying on the ground in front of her. "Whoa! I have to be more careful! I can't break this.... really fun device!" Pinkie giggled. "I’m not worried. Everything will be fine! What can go wrong?"

Meanwhile, Derpy flew by and ate a banana in one bite; once she finished it, she threw the peel towards the trash bin, but it missed. Pinkie’s tail was twitching, but she didn’t realize it. She started hoping towards the banana peel, unaware it was there. Luckily, Pinkie was able to hop over the peel and she kept hoping along. “Yep! What can go wrong?” Pinkie asked herself again. As she was about to jinx it by almost falling into a hole in the ground that was dug up by some construction workers, Pinkie hops on top of one of the construction pony’s helmets and then hops back onto the street. “Nothing can go wrong, that’s what!” she said. Meanwhile, Shoeshine was at her house on the second floor, and she was just about to pour a bucket of water out the window, and Pinkie was just about to hop underneath it, and she didn’t even notice her tail twitching again. Lucky for Pinkie, the bucket of water was frozen, so no water came out, and Pinkie and my Ipod was safe. I’d go on with these jinxes that Pinkie kept going through, but I believe I made my point.

“Actually, on second thought, maybe I should give this back right away. Now that I think of it, Flare is a gamer, so he’ll be up late. All gamers are always up late.” Pinkie said as she began to hop over to my trailer to return my Ipod. On the way, Derpy was eating another banana and threw the peel on Pinkie's head by accident. Pinkie started screaming and running around all over the place. "AAAAAH! HELP! FACEHUGGER! FACEHUGGER THAT SMELLS LIKE BANANA IS TRYING TO EAT ME!" Just then, Pinkie suddenly slipped on the first banana peel that Derpy threw down before, and Pinkie fell down on the floor, and the Ipod fell out of her ears and landed on top of a sewage drain, and it was about to fall. “Noooooooo!” Pinkie yelled in a deep tone voice. Luckily the Ipod did not fall into the sewer as it fell the opposite direction it was heading at, and Pinkie felt relieved. Just before Pinkie was able to pick it up, a little blue raccoon wearing duck slippers started yelling playfully and ran towards Pinkie. “No, Scooch, no!” Pinkie yelled.

Just then, Scooch accidentally kicks the Ipod down the sewage drain as he runs, and once he finds out what he did, he stops and says, “Sorry, sorry, my fault.”

Pinkie immediately runs over to the sewage drain and looks down. "Oh no! Oh no! No no no no no! What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?" Pinkie repeatedly cried out as she ran around in a circle. "Flare's gonna be really mad! I need to get it back!"

"Sup, Pinks?" I asked as I stood behind her. Pinkie screamed in fright, which scared me too. “Don’t do that! You know I get startled easily!”

Pinkie was pretty frightened to see me, so she faked a smile, squeed, and said, "H-Hi, Flare! Nothing much really, just going for my evening hop!" Pinkie gave an embarrassing chuckle.

"Alright! You still have my Ipod?" I asked.

"Yes... of course!" Pinkie lied. She’s Element of Laughter, not Honesty, so she can get away with lying.

"Sooooo.... is it okay if I have it back?" I asked.

"Oh.... umm.... you see.... I have..... I really like your Ipod so much, that.... is it okay if I use it a little longer?" Pinkie asked.

“But Pinkie I’m so booooooored at work!” I whined.

“Please Flare? I promise I’ll give it back tomorrow morning!” Pinkie promised.

"Alright. Tomorrow morning. I really need it back. I have a project to do and I get bored easily, so the Ipod entertains me while I work on it." I said.

"Of course, Flare! I'll give you the Ipod back tomorrow!” Pinkie said as she started to sweat. "Don’t say Pinkie promise, don’t say Pinkie promise, don’t say Pinkie promise." She said in her mind.

“You Flare promise?” I asked.

“I DON- wait, what’s a Flare promise?” Pinkie asked.

“Cross my less then threes, hope to choke, stick a garlic roll down my throat.” I said as I shoved a garlic roll in her mouth.

“Oh.” Pinkie said with a mouth full of garlic roll.

"Alright, Pinks! I’ll see you first thing tomorrow morning! I have to head to the store and get some more Animal Crackers. I keep running out for some reason.” I said.

A cutaway shows Fluttershy inside her cottage with Animal Crackers all over her table, and she sobbed. “This is horrible! Why would ponies turn innocent animals into snacks?!” she yelled.

“Don’t ask me, I’m not the one that’s doing so. You should totally sue the Austin company for everything they got!” Crystal suggested.

Fluttershy sniffled and said angrily; “You’re right, Crystal!”

“Have I ever not been right?” Crystal asked. The cutaway ends.

"I have to get his Ipod back! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going into that sewer!” Pinkie said. “But not alone though. I need help!”

Meanwhile over at Twilight's house, Twilight was continuing to work on the vitamin drink when suddenly she hears a knock on the door. "Spike, can you get that?" Twilight called out.

"Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?" Spike complained as he walked to the door to open it. Once he opened it, Pinkie rushed inside and ran to Twilight, and crashed into her.

"TWILIGHT?!" Pinkie shouted.

"What? What? What's the matter?" Twilight asked.

"Flare.... Flare... Flare... Flare.... Flare.... Flare...." Pinkie was so freaked out that she kept stuttering and breathing hard.

Twilight took out a breathing machine and placed the machine's mask on Pinkie's mouth. "That's it, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale." Twilight instructed Pinkie as she started breathing through the mask.

"Woo! Thanks Twilight." Pinkie said cheerfully. She then started to freak out again and yelled and explained really fast, "TWILIGHT?! Flare let me borrow his Ipod, I used it so long, but then I was attacked by a facehugger, then I tripped, and his Ipod went inside the sewers, and there he was! I didn't want to tell him what happened because he would be very mad at me, and wouldn't want to be my friend anymor-or-orrrrre!" Pinkie started to sob. She sobbed so much that it looked like water falls were bursting out of her eyes.

Twilight gave Pinkie a hug to calm her down. "There, there, Pinkie! Look, we'll go down into the sewers and retrieve it. Simple as that!”

"Go... down?" Spike asked nervously. "There's monsters, and stinky stuff down there! Why would you want to go down to the sewers?"

"Me? Not just me, Spike. We're all going." Twilight corrected him.

"Nuh uh! No way! There’s no way I’m going down there!" Spike said.

“But Spike, you seem to use electronics more than any of us. Maybe you’ll be able to recognize it by the time we find it.” Twilight said.

"Oh, and because I use electronics more, that automatically means I know where the Ipod is? Pinkie had it last. She had it for 24 hours. She should know what it looks like." Spike explained as she started to walk away.

"Would you come for a Spikey snack?" Twilight asked.

Spike stopped and turned his head towards Twilight. "Did you say.... Spikey snack?" he asked as his mouth started to water. Twilight then took out a box of Spikey snacks, which is a box full of gems. "I want a diamond today!" he said.

Twilight takes a diamond out of the box and throws it towards Spike. "Catch!" she said as Spike jumped up and ate the diamond.

"Spikey-spikey dooooo!" Spike yelled. "Let's do this!"

“Right! Let’s get Flare’s Ipod back and save my friendship with him!” Pinkie yelled as she grabs Twilight’s vitamin drink and gulped it down. So Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Spike walk over to the sewage drain where Pinkie dropped my Ipod. The three of them were wearing bio-suits to help protect their bodies.

“Twilight is it necessary to wear these suits?” Spike asked.

“Well down these sewers lies Flare’s I-“ Twilight said as she gets cut off by Pinkie who still had Twilight’s potion in her mouth. She runs back to Twilight’s library and spits it all back inside the vial again.

Pinkie runs back to Twilight and Spike and said, "I dropped the Ipod down here."

"Alright, just give me a second. I'll get it opened." Twilight said. Twilight immediately uses her levitation spell to remove the sewer hatch.

"Pee you!" Spike said as he held his nose. "Smells like a gas station bathroom in there!"

“You know, Pinkie, I doubt dropping Flare’s Ipod down those sewers would ruin your friendship with him. You know how desperate he is for attention.” Twilight reminded her.

“But I don’t want to break my Pinkie Promise! I can’t break a Pinkie Promise, Twilight!” Pinkie yelled as she started shaking Twilight. “Do you know what it’s like to break a Pinkie Promise?! I swore an oath, Twilight! I swore an oath! If I break that oath, I would never forgive myself, and if I don’t forgive myself, I’ll be forever sad, and if I’ll be forever sad, I’ll never throw parties, and if I never throw parties, nopony would be interested in being friends with me anymore, and if nopony would be interested in being friends with me anymore, my life will be ruined, and if my life will be ruined, Equestria will turn to chaos, and IT’LL BE ALL…. MY….. FAULT!”

“Pinkie Pie, calm down! It’s not the end of the world! Look, we’ll get the Ipod back, I promise.” Twilight said.

“Why not just buy Flare another Ipod?” Spike asked.

“It won’t be the same, Spike! It won’t…. be…. THE SAME!” Pinkie yelled as she shook Spike.

“Pinkie, you know you didn’t break this promise on purpose. I’m sure Flare would understand, and you two can work things out.” Twilight explained.

“What if he doesn’t forgive me?” Pinkie asked.

“I’m pretty sure he will.” Twilight said.

“But what if he doesn’t?” Pinkie asked.

“Then you’re screwed.” Spike teased.

“Spike!” Twilight yelled at him.

“What?” Spike asked.

“If he doesn’t forgive you, Pinkie, then you shouldn’t let it bother you. If he doesn’t want to see you again, that’s his loss. You learned your lesson to be more careful, and I’m sure Flare will forgive you.” Twilight said.

“Yeah, you’re probably right, Twilight.” Pinkie smiled a bit and nodded. “I mean, it’s not the first time I ever lied.”

A cutaway shows Twilight walking inside Sugarcube Corner. “Hi, Pinkie! What’s up?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight, I haven’t been completely honest with you. I am not who you think I am.” Pinkie said.

“What are you talking about, Pinkie?” Twilight asked. Pinkie smirks at Twilight, then grabs a zipper on the top of her head, and unzips her Pinkie Pie suit, and underneath, it’s revealed that Pinkie Pie is actually….. Pinkie Pie! Twilight gasps.

“Now you know my secret.” Pinkie said. Twilight just stood there in shock, but for different reasons. The cutaway ends.

"Alright, let's go in!" Twilight said as she puts on her suit’s helmet. Twilight activates her horn and lights the path through the dark dirty sewers. They all jumped down there and searched for the Ipod.

"I don't see it. You see it, Spike?" Pinkie asked.

"Nope. I found this chocolate bar though." Spike said as he held a brown rectangular thing. "I'm gonna save it for later." Spike puts the 'chocolate bar' in his bio-suit pocket, and the three of them continued on. They kept on walking through the dirty sewers and find weird treasures that Spike keeps picking up.

"Spike, stop being such a trash picker!" Twilight demanded.

"Hey, why would ponies flush this stuff down the toilet anyway?" Spike asked. "Look! Magazines, jewelry, hats, who flushes a lawn mower down the toilet?"

"We have to keep looking!" Pinkie said. "If we don't find the Ipod, Flare will never talk to me again! We’d be like an old married couple.

A cutaway shows Pinkie and I 70 to 80 years later, both sitting in chairs and reading some books. Pinkie coughs as she read, and I just glare at her and continue reading. The cutaway ends.

"We're not giving up, Pinkie! We'll find it." Twilight said as she placed her hoof on Pinkie’s shoulder.

“I hope so, and I hope it’s not harmed.” Pinkie said.

“If it’s damaged, I hope Flare has warranty on it.” Spike said. Just then the three of them heard a loud roar.

“What was that?” Twilight asked.

“Oh no! It’s the annoying hunger again!” Spike yelled.

“Spike, I don’t think that was your stomach.” Twilight assumed. Just then, the ground started to quake, and a giant monster comes out from the sewage water, and it surprised the three.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" Spike yelled.

"That looks like.... a fish. A giant mutated fish!" Twilight yelled. "RUN! Or in Pinkie's case, HOP!"

Twilight and Spike ran while Pinkie hopped. The fish chased them throughout the sewers while the Benny Hill theme was playing in the background. After some yards, Twilight, Spike and Pinkie were disguised wearing mustaches which confused the fish monster, and they pointed to the opposite direction, and the fish ran to that direction. The three of them took off their mustaches and ran the opposite way of the fish. The fish eventually ended up in front of them and let out a roar. The fish monster chased the three of them throughout the sewers, falling from water falls, avoiding sewer gators, and eventually they ended up in a dead end.

"It's a dead end!" Twilight yelled.

"Noooooo, you don't say!" Spike said sarcastically.

The three of them were shaking and standing close to the wall while the fish monster was slowly walking towards them. Pinkie looks at the fish's mouth and sees a little device in its mouth. "That's Flare's Ipod!" Pinkie pointed.

"Where?" Twilight asked.

"In the monster's mouth! We have to get it back! Twilight, you're a unicorn! Use your magic thing on it!" Pinkie yelled as she pokes Twilight’s horn.

“Touching my horn won’t really help, you know.” Twilight informed her. Twilight walks over towards the fish and activates her horn, and shorts a laser beam over at the fish, thinking that would restore it to it’s original state, but it was not effective, and the fish monster shoves Twilight and slams her against the wall. Pinkie and Spike were frightened to what the fish was going to do next.

“Wait, I got an idea!” Pinkie shouted.

“I’m almost too afraid to ask.” Spike said.

“Almost doesn’t count, so ask me.” Pinkie demanded.

“Ok, what’s your idea?” Spike asked.

“Maybe there’s something in this biosuit pocket I can use.” Pinkie said as she reaches into her pocket and attempts to look for something useful. “Hmm, no, no, no, no….” Pinkie said as she takes out random objects from her pocket and throws them aside, until she eventually found something useful. “Ah ha!” she yelled.

“What is that?” Spike asked.

“It’s Flare’s container of shrimpies!” Pinkie said.

“How did you get them?” Spike asked.

“I took them near Flare’s fish tank before I surprised him and invited him to my party. This stuff can make any fish happy!” Pinkie explained as she opened the container.

“Well, what are you waiting for, Pinkie? Use it!” Spike demanded. So Pinkie then reached inside the container and took out a block of shrimpies. She threw the block at the fish, and it landed in it’s mouth. The fish roared real loud, but the food started to kick in, and started to calm down. The fish licked it’s lips, rubbed it’s tummy, and started shrinking down to it’s original size. Once it shrunk, it started hopping on the ground as it starts gasping for breath.

"Hey, isn't that Yoyo?" Spike asked.

"Who?" Pinkie asked.

"Flare's pet fish, Yoyo." Spike said.

"Isn’t he the black one?” Pinkie asked.

“No, that’s Darrel.” Spike corrected her.

”How about the gray one with the whiskers?” Pinkie asked.

”That would be Piddles.” Spike said.

“How about the rainbow one?” Pinkie asked.

”There are two rainbow ones: Rainbow and Dorthey. Look, this here is Flare’s fish, I can recognize him.” Spike said.

“How do you know?” Twilight asked.

“I’ve seen Flare’s fish many times before to know who they are, and I don’t know anyone else in town that owns a yoyo loach.” Spike said.

"He's still breathing." Twilight said as she takes off her helmet, squirts water out of her horn and fills the bowl. Twilight places Yoyo inside the fish bowl and he's swimming happy.

"And hey, the Ipod! We did it!" Pinkie yelled out in joy as she picks up the Ipod, but to her bad luck, it's all broken and ripped up, and won't turn on. Just then a spark pops out of it along with smoke, and Pinkie started getting really upset. "Oh no! It's ruined!" Pinkie yelled as she started to cry.

"Flare's not gonna be happy." Spike said as Twilight glared at his remark.

"Its okay, Pinkie." Twilight said as she pats Pinkie on the back. "If we just explained to Flare what happened, he'll understand."

"Can we fix it?" Pinkie sniffled and asked.

"YES WE CAN!" Spike teased and started chuckling. Twilight then glares at him again. "Sorry." he said.

"Maybe, but first we should take Flare’s fish back home.” Twilight said.

“How do you think it got that way?” Spike asked.

“I dunno, what do you think?” Twilight asked as she finds a vial of her potion lying on the ground, and she picks it up and shows it to Spike.

“What? I tried it, and it tasted like garbage!” Spike said.

“Wow, this stuff is incredibly unstable against fish. I better write that down in my notes.” Twilight said.

Pinkie looks down at the destroyed Ipod and said, “Flare’s never gonna speak to me again.”

Twilight, Pinkie, and Spike walked back to Sugarcube Corner place along with Yoyo, but then Pinkie gasped because my trailer was just outside Sugarcube Corner, and I was outside. "Heeeeey!" I called out waving. Twilight, Pinkie, and Spike froze, and got confused.

"Huh? What is your trailer doing here? I thought you stationed it at my house." Twilight asked.

“Well, hello to you too, Twilight.” I said with an attitude.

“I’m sorry, HI Flare.” Twilight said.

“That’s much better! Anyways, I was getting a little tired of waking up at the same location, so I decided, every once in a while, I move my trailer to a different location. Pretty smart, eh?" I asked as I looked down at Yoyo. “Oh cool, a yoyo loach! Leet!”

"It's yours, isn't it?” Twilight asked.

"Uhhh, what do you mean? Yoyo's still inside the fish tank last I checked, and that was like a minute ago." I said.

"So if that wasn't Yoyo, then who's loach is this? We found it at the sewers." Spike asked.

"I heard Cherry Berry had a Yoyo loach that passed away and she flushed down the toilet. I'll never flush my fish down the toilet. That's not a good fate for them. That’s why I berried Hoops in the ground near Fluttershy’s cottage." I said. "Wait, what were you doing in the sewers?" Pinkie started to sweat and shiver. "And where is my Ipod? It's morning, right? Lawl right Pinkie? Remember? Lawl remember Pinkie?” I asked.

“Flare, please.” Twilight reminded me.

“Oh, right, sorry. When you get too attached to a phrase, you can’t let it go.” I said.

“You already asked her if she remembers, so asking once is enough.” Twilight said.

“Hey you’re the teacher.” I shrugged. “So Pinkie where’s my Ipod?”

“Well, ummm….” Pinkie froze and shivered and started to sweat, which doesn’t really make much sense to me. How can one be cold and hot at the same time? Anyways, Pinkie started to tear up and took out the broken Ipod and showed it to me.

"Is that.... my Ipod?" I asked. Pinkie sadly nodded. "What happened?"

"Pinkie was using your Ipod, but she slipped and fell, and she accidentally dropped it in the sewers." Twilight explained.

“Hey, big mouth, let the pony speak.” I complained to Twilight.

“Ok, fine. Pinkie tell him.” Twilight instructed her.

"No, it’s too late now, I already know. So you broke my Ipod by dropping it into the sewers. I can get that it’s all wet, but it got chewed up it looks like. How?" I asked.

"We saw a mutant fish monster, which was actually this loach right here. After Pinkie fed it, it went back to normal. While it was a monster, it chewed up the Ipod." Spike explained.

"I'm sorry, Flare!" Pinkie yelled as she started weeping on my hooves. "Please don't hate me! I'm sorry! I really was careful, I really was, but…. I guess I wasn’t careful enough! I beg you Flare! I know I broke my pinkie promise.” Pinkie then crossed her heart and stuck her hoof on her eye. “But can we please still be friends? I don’t think I can take this kind of rejection!” I didn’t say a word. I just looked down at Pinkie, looked at my broken Ipod, and then looked back at Twilight and Spike.

“She really cares about you, Flare.” Twilight said.

“I know she does, but…. This much? She cares about me so much that she begs for me to stay friends with her?” I asked.

“She’s like that with everypony to be honest.” Spike said.

“But regardless, a pony, an actual pony, she makes a mistake, and she crawls through some dirty sewers just to stay friends with me, and now she’s begging for my forgiveness? Twilight, I am so confused!”

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Because…. Because….. nopony ever begged me for forgiveness, or go through a lot just to keep a promise they made for me. Nopony ever did. I’m…. I’m just….. I’m just…. Holy Wizard of Feelings!”

Pinkie got up and wipped her eyes. "Nopony ever begged for forgiveness?”

”Back in Mareami, nopony cares really. They do something wrong, meh, they don’t care. Nopony cared for anypony’s feelings. All everypony was friends with are ponies they thought were just fun for them. That’s pretty much the main reason why I’m learning friendship here. Friendship is just…. So confusing!” I said.

“I don’t know why ponies didn’t care about you.” Pinkie sniffled and said. “You’re one of the most funnest, kindest ponies I’ve ever met!”

“Not everypony thinks that. Everypony just looks at my irritating side, and there are times I may be a jerk, but not on purpose. I have feelings too you know, and you know something, Pinkie Pie? You begging for my friendship is the most thoughtful thing I’ve ever experienced. I have somepony that would go through a lot just to be friends with me! I’m…. I’m touched.” I said.

“So…. You don’t care that I broke your Ipod?” Pinkie asked.

”Oh this thing? It’s not even my Ipod!” I said.

“It’s not?” Pinkie asked.

“No! I know what my own Ipod looks like, and this here is an older model.” I said.

“So…. I didn’t find your Ipod yet.” Pinkie said sadly.

“Pinkie, your friendship is worth 10 Ipods! I don’t really care. I got an android phone! I can just look up the music on YouTube and listen to that!” I said as I showed her my android phone.

“Wow! You have a lot of cool electronic devices!” Pinkie said. “How can you afford all these?”

“When you’ve been alone as much as I have, electronics are your best friends. Devices like Ipods, Androids, XBUCKS, and computers. I have them to drain my sorrow.” I said. “I suppose that is why not many ponies in town use them because they have such good friends; they don’t need them to drain their sorrow. I used to be on devices non-stop. They were the only things that made me happy. But now I got friends like you, Crystal, Engie, Aqua, Blaze, the dorky purple pony-“ Twilight clears her throat and glares at me. “Relax, I’m talking about Psyche.” I informed her.

“Oh, alright.” Twilight said.

“With friends like you all, who needs electronics?” I asked. Pinkie wipes her eyes, smiles, and gives me a big hug. “Whoa, you got a pretty strong grip, sista! Careful, I just ate breakfast. I don’t wanna do number 4 all over you.”

“Wait, what’s number 4?” Spike asked.

“You know what doing number 1 and number 2 is?” I asked.

“Oh, nevermind. I don’t wanna know.” Spike said. "Woo! I'm hungry! I think I'll have that chocolate now." Spike takes out the chocolate bar he found in the sewers and he licks it, but he suddenly spits it out. "This isn't chocolate!" he said. Twilight squirts water on the chocolate, which wasn't really chocolate, it was an Ipod covered in mud.

"Hey, my Ipod!" I yelled in glee as I grabbed it and turned it on. "And it still works! It's dirty, but it's waterproof, and dirt proof. It’s just not lawn mower proof; there weren’t any lawn mowers down there, was there?”

"So all this time we had Flare's Ipod!” Twilight said as she started to laugh. “How ironic was that?”

”Wow, Twilight, I haven’t seen you laugh that hard since you read my love letters to Rarity.” Spike said.

A cutaway shows Twilight in her library, laughing as she starts reading Spike’s love letters for Rarity. “What are you looking at, Twilight?” Spike asked.

“This is hilarious, Spike! Are you a fish because you make my scales burst! How does that make any sense?” Twilight asked as she continued to laugh.

“Wait… what?” Spike asked.

“She has the hair of angels, and the coat of white puffy pillows. She makes the sun shine while it’s cloudy, and she makes rainbows appear even when it doesn’t rain. Spike, this is hilarious!” Twilight said.

“Are you reading my letters?!” Spike asked angrily.

“Is Rarity an angel because I’m allergic to feathers. Bleh!” Twilight read and started laughing again. Spike started getting so angry that his eyes glowed white, and his spikes bursts into flames. The cutaway ends.

Just then, Cherry Berry showed up and walked towards us. "Hey guys!" she said.

"Hey, Cherry!" I said.

"Nice loach!" Cherry said as she looked at the fish and saw it swimming towards her. "Huh? Lucky? Is that you?"

“You call your fish Lucky?” I asked.

"Oh yeah, we found this loach in the sewers. He wasn't really dead." Spike said.

"Lucky's alive! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I thought he was gone for good!” Cherry said excitedly as she took the bowl and hugged it.

“You call your fish Lucky?” I asked again.

"Listen, Flare. I'm glad you have your Ipod back. We still friends?" Pinkie asked.

"Nope." I said as I crossed my hooves together, and Pinkie was surprised, but then I smiled at her, and then Pinkie play-punched my shoulder and we all laughed. “Anyways, Cherry, why did you name your fish Lucky and not expect it to be handicapped?”

Back inside the trailer, since my bedroom was right across the front door which was wide open, the fish saw us laughing. “What’s so funny? What are they laughing about?” Pearl asked.

“Don’t know, don’t care.” Piddles said.

“So Yoyo, what made you not want to go through with it?” Dorthey asked.

“I heard what was in those sewers. If there’s food down there, it might be poisonous, and maybe turn me into a mutated monster.” Yoyo said.

“Mutated monster, huh? Mutated monster fish? Ha! What are the odds of that happening?” Piddles asked.

“I dunno, but Flare does have a sample of radioactive flakes beside the tank for experimental reasons, as requested from Twilight.” Rainbow said.

“Which one is Twilight again? That the yellow one?” Darrel asked.

“I hope Twilight knows what she’s doing leaving the sample there.” Dorthey said. “If Flare makes one little mistake in feeding us those flakes, we may turn into monsters….. or worse.”

Author's Note:

Here's the remake of chapter 12. It didn't change much, besides the obvious, and also Pinkie was the one to save the day, not Twilight. I also I gave Flare's fish a part in here, and a foreshadow of a future chapter.