• Published 31st May 2012
  • 4,196 Views, 44 Comments

Friendship is Epic - Book 1: My Big Flare (COMPLETE REMAKE) - FlareGun45



A story about a unicorn, from the city of Mareami, who moves to Ponyville to have epic adventures.

  • ...
147
 44
 4,196

Friendship is Epic - Part 2

“Alright, fine! Go, leave! See if I care! You’re all tators; tator-tots; just like the rest of them! I don’t need any friends! I’m better than all of you!” I yelled at them. They were all gone, all seven of them. I was all alone in my unfinished pizza shop. I stopped for a second, and then I began to realize, what kind of pony have I become? All those fools back at Mareami got the best of me. I turned into them, and now I put my entire grudge on the six ponies (and one dragon) that were my only hope of ever making friends. So, it has come to this. I abandoned the construction of my pizza shop, I beat the Mane Six to Twilight’s house, attached myself on my trailer, saw they all glared at me, and I just took off, and I did not look back.

After a while went by, the Mane Six were just sitting around in Twilight’s house, and feeling relieved with me gone, or so I thought, I wasn’t really there, how am I supposed to know?

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath and said, “Thank goodness he’s gone.”

“Yeah, but were we kinda hard on him?” Twilight asked.

“Pffft! He was hard on us first.” Rarity said.

“Well, he deserved it.” AppleJack said.

“I know he did, but…. I have the feeling that what we did wasn’t really the right thing.” Twilight said.

“Wake up, Twilight! Some ponies are just jerks like that.” Rainbow said.

“We just have to accept it, and move on.” AppleJack said.

“Well, so much for the party.” Pinkie said. “It’s sad giving a party to a big meanie!”

“Well, was he really mean?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course he was. Why else was he yelling at us like that, and being a complete jerk and such?” Rarity asked.

“I know he was pretty mean, and violant, and scary, but… what’s his side of the story?” Fluttershy asked.

“Probably bullies others, and blames others for it. He maybe moved to Ponyville to find a new group of ponies to bully.” Spike thought. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“Spike, can you go get it?” Twilight asked.

“Maybe Flare did have a point.” Spike said, as he got up from his chair.

“I’m not treating you like a slave, Spike!” Twilight reminded him.

Spike walked over to the door and opened it. It was Princess Luna on the other side. “Princess Luna?!” Spike gasped.

“Greetings, my faithful subjects. May I please come in?” Luna asked. Spike bowed and moved out of the way so Luna could come in.

“What are you doing here, your highness?” Twilight asked as the ponies bowed.

“I came to speak with all of you.” Luna said.

“Look, if it was about the whole ‘Welcomin’ Flare to Ponyville’ business, we had to turn him down.” AppleJack said.

“He was a big meanie!” Pinkie yelled from behind her, which kind of startled the princess a bit.

“So I heard, and I must say: I am quite disappointed.” Luna said.

“He’s not what you think he is, princess.” Rarity said.

“Actually, he’s everything I knew he would be. Yes, he maybe a little short-tempered, and he isn’t very mature either, but you have to believe me, he’s one of the kindest, touching, and funniest ponies I’ve ever known.” Luna said.

“Huh?!” everypony said at the same time.

“What?!” Pinkie said surpsingly as she jugged a whole cup of coffee and spat it all over Spike’s face.

“I don’t understand, how is he any of those things?” Twilight asked.

“Back in Mareami, Flare Gun was a different pony, different than anypony else. He used to make jokes, he did have social problems, but he couldn’t help that; he was a very unusual pony, but he was very loyal to those who he’s close to. He used to have a couple of friends, but they used him, betrayed him, and nopony wanted to ever be friends with him. Flare Gun tried, and tried, he didn’t give up; he wanted to make friends so bad, and find at least one pony that would accept him for who he is.” Luna explained.

“Yeah…. I’m with you, brother.” Fluttershy said.

“He kept trying until one day, after he was betrayed by his closest friend, his most trusted and loyal ally, Flare just gave up on ever making friends again. He just stayed inside his house, played video games all day, ate a lot, cry himself to sleep, and even worshipping Amanda Todd, just to fill that empty space in his heart.” Luna explained.

“Worshipping Amanda Todd? Wow, this is really serious.” Spike said.

“So Flare moved to Ponyville to have a fresh new start, all because he saw you six on television, after you used the power of friendship this past year; so that’s why he came, and even after you were his only hope of ever helping him change, you turned your back on him.” Luna said.

“We did… and that’s not who we are.” Rarity said.

“But how did you know about all this? You keep saying this stuff like he’s your closest friend or something.” Rainbow asked.

“He is one of my closest friends. When I was still imprisoned in the moon, Flare would just look up into the moon, and just talk to me.” Luna explained. “He would talk about his day, what his adventures were, what his score was on Angry Birds every time he used the restroom, how he punched that bully in the face after he stole a wimpy kid’s lunch money, and even recommended that wimpy kid to make a diary of his life, and giving that diary a sequel, and another sequel, and pretty much a bunch of sequels.”

“Oh I love that book!” Twilight said.

“Not many ponies respected me either when I was gone. None even knew I existed; except for a few, and one of them was Flare Gun. I didn’t know where I’d be if it wasn’t for him. Despite what you see in Flare Gun, he’s more than you think.” Luna said.

“Dear Celestia, you’re right!” Rarity said.

“Excuse me? I’m right here you know.” Luna complained.

“Luna is right. There was a pony that really needed our help, and we just ran him out of town.” AppleJack said.

“That jerk pony!” Pinkie yelled.

“What?” AppleJack asked confusingly to Pinkie.

“He left Ponyville without attending his welcome party! All the ice cream is getting hot, and all the pizzas are getting cold!” Pinkie complained;

Spike licked his lips and said, “Ooo hot ice cream and cold pizzas. That sounds delicious! I love a good cold pizza in the morning.”

“Ooo me too, me too!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“But there isn’t gonna be ANY pizza in town without Flare here. So let’s go get him back!” Rainbow instructed.

“Too right!” Rarity said.

“But… where can he be? He should be miles away by now.” Spike said.

“Carrying that big heavy trailer? I doubt he’d go far.” Twilight said.

Luna closed her eyes, and used her magic to locate me. “He’s deep in the Everfree Forest right now.” she said.

“See? Told you.” Spike reminded Twilight.

“He’s camped himself near Piranha Plant Nest.” Luna said with her eyes still shut.

“Piranha Plant Nest?!” everypony said surprisingly at the same time.

“We better hurry then! There’s no time to lose!” Twilight said. So the Mane Six and Spike all went inside the Everfree Forest to look for me. It was really nice of them, but the real question is: did they remember to brush their teeth this morning? It doesn’t smell like Spike did last I checked.

After a while went by, they easily found my trailer and walked over to it. Twilight knocked on the door, hoping I’d answer. “Maybe he’s not home.” Rainbow thought.

“Rainbow Dash, I just knocked on the door.” Twilight corrected her. “How can he-“ Just then, an eyeball-like camera popped out from the side of the door, and my voice talked on the intercom, and I was talking in the language Jabba the Hutt speaks. “Umm, Flare?”

“Nooo, nooo, Mister Flare no home.” I said in an Hispanic maid voice.

“Flare, we came to say we’re sorry. Luna came to my library and explained everything.” Twilight said.

“Of course Luna came to your library, and of course you’d come here on her say so.” I said angrily. “She’s pretty much the only one that cares for me. Her, and there’s also my fish, but… I dunno, how can I trust any of them? Come to think of it, how can I trust you?!” the eyeball camera zoomed very closely to Twilight’s face, and Twilight backed up a bit.

“I know you’re feeling pretty upset right now.” Twilight said.

“Uhh, what was your first clue?” I asked sarcastically.

“Ooo, ooo! Is it your attitude?” Pinkie asked.

“Look, I’m getting really tired of everypony right now. I’m so tired of being blamed for everything, getting put down, and all I want now is to stay inside my trailer forever, and just wait to rot away.” I said.

“Rot away like a tomato?” Pinkie asked. “Because tomatoes rot pretty fast. Well, maybe not as fast as bananas.”

“Goodbye, Mane Six.” I said.

“Wait, Flare! Please, we can help you!” Fluttershy begged.

“Help me with what? Whatever I have, nopony can fix.” I said.

“Did you try therapy?” Spike asked.

“Why would I waste my money on a pony just saying random obvious words?” I asked.

“Please, Flare?” Fluttershy begged.

“No.” I said.

“Please? Pretty please?” Fluttershy asked.

“I said NO!” I yelled.

“Pretty please with whip cream, and a fried cherry on top?” Pinkie asked.

“Ooo, fried cherry! Sounds delicious! But no.” I said.

“Can you at least think about it?” Twilight asked.

“Uhhhh- NO!” I said.

“Pretty please with a bunch of sprinkles, and-“ Pinkie said, but was cut off by AppleJack covering her mouth.

“Forget it, Pinkie. There’s no use arguin.” AppleJack said.

“Yeah, we tried our best. Flare doesn’t want to come with us, then that’s fine by us.” Rainbow said.

“Alright; sorry to bother you, Flare. We’ll leave you alone now.” Twilight said as everypony turned around and started to walk away, except Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, let’s go.” Rainbow demanded.

“I’m not leaving until we make peace with Flare!” Fluttershy said, crossing her arms.

“Oh c’mon.” Rainbow said as she started dragging Fluttershy away from my trailer.

”NO! NO!” Fluttershy yelled. “You can’t make me go! He needs us! Let go of me, Rainbow! I don’t wanna go!”

“Listen to you, sounding like a spoiled child that keeps asking their grandma for cookies.” Rainbow said.

A cutaway shows a colt whining at his grandma as the grandma tries to wash dishes. “But, grandma, I want a cookie!” the colt whined.

“But, junior, you’ll spoil your dinner.” The grandma said.

“Just one cookie?” the colt asked.

“Well…. Ok, you may have ONE cookie.” The grandma said, giving him a cookie.

“Yaaaay!” the colt cheered. The colt walked out of the room, thought to himself, made an evil chuckle and came back. “Grandma, may I have a cookie?”

“No, junior, you’ll spoil your dinner.” The grandma said.

“Just one cookie?” the colt asked.

“Well… ok, you may have ONE cookie.” The grandma said, giving him one.

“Yaaaaay!” the colt cheered. He walked out of the room, and then came back once again.

“Grandma, may I have cookie?” the colt asked.

“No, junior, you’ll spoil your dinner.” The grandma said.

“Just one cookie?” the colt asked.

“Well… ok, you may have ONE cookie.” The grandma said, but once she placed her hoof in the jar, there was nothing there. “Nope, sorry, junior. There’s none left. I wonder where they’ve gone? They were just here a minute ago.” The cutaway ends.

So as the Mane Six have failed to win me back, they decided to give up and go home. Really, though? They didn’t really do much effort. It’s like they actually didn’t want me to go with them. Oh, what was my first clue? Duh! Anyways, as they were walking, Rarity’s hoof gets tangled.

“Oh dear.” Rarity said.

“What’s wrong? Got dirt on your hoof again?” AppleJack asked.

“I got my hoof stuck on a vine.” Rarity said.

“Ugh, move over.” AppleJack walked over to Rarity, leaned over towards the vine, and started pulling it off with her teeth. Wow, that pony sure has strong teeth, but that didn’t really help; the vine pulled her to the ground and she hurt her nose.

“Oh no!” Fluttershy said frightenedly as more vines came out of the ground, and tangled her legs together.

“Weeeee!” Pinkie cheered in excitement as vines were swinging her in the air. “This is fun! Too bad Flare’s missing out!”

“What's going on here?” Spike asked as more vines popped out and were about to attack him.

“Wait a minute. Girls, I think we made a wrong turn.” Twilight said. “I think we made our way to…. Piranha Plant territory.” The Mane Six all looked over at a giant plant with big mouth that smiled creepily at them.

“Well, well, well, who do we have here?” the plant asked.

“It’s Petey Piranha!” Spike yelled.

“Petey Piranha?” the plant asked. “Nah, I think you have me mistaken for some other plant.”

“Oh please don’t hurt us!” Fluttershy cowarded in fear.

“Who do y’all think you are?! Let go of us you varmit!” AppleJack demanded.

“No way, José! You in mah territory!” the plant said.

“Look, I respectfully ask you release us. This is completely unnecessary.” Twilight said.

“Unnecessary? HA! That word don’t apply here in mah turf!” the plant said.

“Can you at least get your dirty spines out of my mane?” Rarity asked.

“Oh yeah? Whatcha gonna do about it?” the plant asked as it used it’s vines to block Rarity’s and Twilight’s horn. Twilight attempted to use her magic on the plant, but failed. The plant laughed and said, “Magic don’t work on me! I’m chaos-bred!”

“You must be one of Discord’s leftovers.” Twilight guessed.

“Noooo duh, Sherlock!” the plant said.

“Alright, you put ‘em up right now!” Rainbow yelled at the plant, flying up to it with her hooves up. “You better let go of my friends, or you’re gonna get it! I don’t care what it takes; only one of us gets out of here alive!”

The plant started to sing as it started poking Rainbow Dash in the stomach. “Now ya wait a minute, uhhh ya better hold the phone.”

“Hey, stop poking me!” Rainbow demanded.

“Better mind your matters; better change your tone. Don’t you threaten me, son! Ya got a lot of gall. We’re gonna do things my way, or we won’t do things at alllllllll!” the plant sang.

The plant used one of it’s vines to grab Rainbow from the hind right hoof, and turn her upside down. “Hey! You can’t do this to me!” Rainbow yelled.

“You don’t know who you’re messin’ with, you got no idea.” The plant sang. “You don’t know what you’re lookin’ at, when you’re lookin’ here.”

“This is totally not awesome!” Rainbow complained.

“Ya don’t know what you’re up against, no, no way, no how.” The plant sang. “Ya don’t know what you’re messin’ with, but I’m gonna tell you na-na-na-na-na-nananana- now!”

Some little piranha plants as a chorus started getting rhythm in the background going, “Ahhhh, ahhhhh, AHHHHH, AHHHHHHH!”

“Get this straight: I’m just mean green mother from outer space and I’m bad!” the plant sang.

“Mean green bad!” the backup plants sang.

“Outer space?” Spike asked.

“I’m just mean green mother from outer space, and it looks like you’ve been had!” the plant sang. “I’m just mean green mother from outer space, so get off my back, get off my face, ‘cause I’m mean and green, and I am BAAAD!”

“Ok, all the blood is going into my head.” Rainbow said, still upside down.

“Alright you big vegetarian varmit; y’all are askin’ for it now!” AppleJack yelled at the plant while holding a pile of rocks. Just as she was about to throw one, the plant snatches all the rocks from her hooves. “What the?!” she said surprisingly.

The plant continued to sing as it started throwing all the rocks at AppleJack, but luckily for AppleJack, she’s a good dodger. “Wanna save your skin, boy? Wanna save your hide? You wanna see tomorrow- ha ha; you better step aside!”

“HA! Ya can’t hit with me with a ten-foot-“ but as AppleJack was yelling that, one of the rocks hits her in the head, and she fell over. Hey, she’s lucky not to have a migraine after that hit.

“Better take a tip boy. Want some good advice?” the plant continued singing. “Ya better take it easy, ‘cause you’re walkin’ on thin iiiiiiice! Ya don’t know what you’re dealin’ with; no you never did; you don’t know what you’re lookin’ at, but that’s tough pitty, kid! The lion don’t sleep tonight, and if you pull his tail, he roars (he roars); ya say, ‘That ain’t far?’ Ya say, ‘That ain’t nice?’ Ya know what I say? ‘Up yours!’” The backup singer plants start raising their voices again.

“Hey, c’mon, can’t we talk this over with a nice cup of hot cocoa?” Flutters asked, but the only response the plant gave was pulling down her fur like pants. Fluttershy blushed and covered her bikini bottom.

“That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.” Spike said.

“Watch me now! I’m just a mean green mother from outer space and I’m bad!” the plant sang.

“Mean green bad!” the backup plants sang. Spike ran over to hide behind some bushes, but the plant knew he was there.

The plant sang while just staring at the bushes; “I’m just mean green mother, a real disgrace, and you got me fightin’ mad!” Spike thought he was safe behind the bushes, but the backup plants popped out from all directions of the bush, which made Spike freeze in fright, not freeze in temperature wise (unless of course you’re freezing from fright, because that’s possible), and the plants were raising their voices going ‘ahhhhh’ while the plant continued singing; “I’m just a mean green mother from outer space, gonna trash your flank, gonna rock this place, I’m mean and green, and I am BAAAAD!”

As the plant yelled ‘BAAAD’, the plant used its vines to split the bush in half, leaving Spike exposed, and the plant grabbed him. As the plant continued to sing (or more like talk-singing at this point), Twilight looks around the surrounding area to look for ways of weakening the plant. Twilight finds some poison joke flowers up ahead, thinking that might affect the plant. “Don’t talk to me about ol King Kong, you think he’s the worst? Well, you’re thinkin’ wrong. Don’t talk to me about Frakenstein, he got a temper? HA! He ain’t got mine!” the plant sang.

The plant sees Twilight using the poison joke on itself, and the plant laughs and says, “Foolish unicorn, I’m already a joke!”

“No offense, but I don’t find this funny. If you tangled me a little looser, and swung me around, then it would be fun.” Pinkie said.

“You know I don’t come from no black lagoon, I’m from past the stars and beyond the moon. You can keep the thing, keep the it, keep the creature that don’t mean a bit!” the plant sang. “I got garden style, major moves, I got the stuff, and I think that proves you better move it out, nature calls, you got my point, I’M GONNA BUST YOUR BALLS!” the plant stabs right through a tree, which deflates a beach ball which so happens to be inside.

“NO! Not my emergency balls!” Pinkie cried.

The plant uses its vines to swing on all the tree branches, cutting them off, which caused debris to fall on the Mane Six and Spike, bumping their heads a bit. The chorus plants started raising their voices as the last part of the song was about to start; “Ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh, AHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHH!”

“Here it comes! I’m just a mean green mother from outer space, and I’m bad!” the plant sang.

“Mean green bad!” the chorus sang.

“I’m just a mean green mother and a real hard case, you can’t beat this trouble, man.” The plant sang. The chorus started proving backup in the background. “I’m just a mean green mother from outer space, so just give it up, it’s all over, ace, ‘cause I’m mean and green!”

“Mean green mother from outer space.” The chorus sang.

“I’m mean and green!” the plant sang.

“Mean green mother from outer space.” The chorus sang.

“I’m mean and gree-“ the plant sang, but was cut off.

”Excuse me, brah? Hey, how’s it going?” I asked the plant as I stood right beside it.

“HEY! I was in the middle of singin’, boy!” the plant said angrily at me.

“Yeah, well, I apologize for interrupting. I just need a little something from you.” I said.

“And what do you propose that be?” the plant asked.

“My friends; if you please, would you be so kind is to release them? We won’t invade on your territory again. We can consider this a warning. What do you say?” I offered.

“Hmmm, I’ll have to think about it. Uhhh…… ok.” The plant said.

”Really?” I asked.

”NO!” the plant yelled and laughed. “These bunch of ponies, and dragon, are my dinner! Now step aside, red guy.” The plant pushed me aside.

“Flare, what are you doing?” Rainbow asked.

“You know something, Petey Piranha?” I asked the plant.

“That’s not my name.” the plant corrected me.

“Whatever; I have to say something to you about these bunch of ponies; before you eat them.” I requested.

”Sure, why not?” the plant shrugged.

“These six ponies represent the power of friendship, and power up the Elements of Harmony in order to save Equestria from jerks such as yourself. Now I’m not quick to judge, but it was pretty rude of you to snatch them while they were trying to return home after giving up on me!” I said angrily.

“You wouldn’t come with us. It’s not our fault.” AppleJack said.

“It is your fault.” I said to the Mane Six. “You represent Loyality, Honesty, Generosity, and Kindness, and you know what? I didn’t get any of that! I got a bit of laughter from Pinkie, but that’s about it.”

“LAWL!” Pinkie yelled out.

“But you know what? It’s my fault too. I’m not the nicest pony in the world, I’m not the smartest pony in the world, and I know for sure that I’m pretty irritating.” I said. “But the thing is: It’s not my fault. I mean, yeah, it kinda is. I try to be funny at serious situations, I ask obvious questions, and sometimes I may act like a jerk. But what I’m really trying to say is: I’m not perfect. The only difference between me and all the jerks I’ve ever met is that I have the courage to confess it. I need help, that’s why I came to you six. I saw you on the news, and I knew you were my only hope, but you gave up on me. I thought to myself that I somewhat deserve it, and I really think I do.”

“Flare, nopony deserves to be hated. Everypony needs a little respect every now and then, but sometimes you gotta show that you really need the respect, otherwise others will think of you as something else.” Twilight said.

“But yeah, ah guess we were a little too quick to judge as well.” AppleJack said.

“You may be irritating, but you’re no square.” Rainbow said.

“Neither is SpongeBob; he’s rectangle.” I said.

“I never thought you were annoying, Flare. You just seemed a little violant is all.” Fluttershy said.

“I hate violence more than anything; it’s never the best solution.” I said.

“Oh boo hoo hoo, yeah this all very touching, I’M HUNGRY!” the plant yelled. The plant was about to throw the Mane Six into it’s mouth, but despite what I said, I’m willing to sacrifice my believes in order to keep friends of mine safe.

“Alright, Petey, no second chances; it’s laser time!” I yelled.

“Laser? No magic can harm me!” the plant laughed.

“I was able to do this magic spell only once or twice before. I tried, and I tried, but I couldn’t get it again. I now know the reason why I’m able to do it: I’m angry face! I’m so very angry face right now! So you know what?!” I yelled as my horn started to glow.

“No magic can harm me, fool!” the plant yelled.

“IMMA FIRIN’ MAH LAZOR!” I yelled at the top of my voice. I fired a giant laser from my horn and shot it against the plant. The plant was weakened, and it released the Mane Six and Spike from it’s grip. The plant started screaming, and so did it’s backup singers. I jumped up to the plant’s head with my hornsaber spell against its face, “Alright, brah, I’m telling you right now: Nopony, and I mean NOPONY, messes…. With…. My….. friends! So if you ever get your grip on ponies I like, I’ll bring your head to your mama in a package! GOT IT, BRAH?!”

“Yes, sir.” The plant said as it was weeping in fright and pain.

“Good; now here’s a business card to my new shop that I’m going to open soon. Be there and order something good!” I demanded.

“Okay.” The plant said, taking the business card. I jumped off the plant, and stood in front of the Mane Six.

“Flare, I…. I don’t know what to say.” Fluttershy said shockingly. “That was-“

“THAT WAS SO TOTALLY AWESOME!” Rainbow said in excitement.

“But, Flare, you said you didn’t want to come back to Ponyville. You said you’d rot in your trailer rather than being with ponies again to risk betrayal.” AppleJack thought.

“Well, I was thinking that, and I was like…. Why not? Everypony deserves a second chance. I feel I needed the same back.” I explained.

Pinkie jumped on my back and said, “You should have the same back. You don’t want to risk a bad old man’s back, would you?” We all smirked at Pinkie.

“Flare, we’re sorry for running you out of town.” Twilight said.

“It was wrong of us.” Rarity added.

“No, it was my fault. I was so nervous, and desperate for your help, I wasn’t thinking straight. I was being all zig-zaggy and stuff.” I said.

“Well, Flare, we’re here to help you out. If you need us, you can always give us a call.” Twilight said.

“So we’re friends again?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course!” I said.

“Best friends?” Pinkie asked.

“Whoa, I wouldn’t go that far. I can’t be a part of your group. I need some help so I can make my own friends.” I said. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like you, but-“

Spike covers my mouth and says, “Not another word…. Bro.” I smile after Spike called me his ‘bro’, and then I lick his claw. “HEY! Claw licker!”

“Whatever is near my mouth, I lick it.” I said.

“You don’t know where it’s been!” Spike reminded me.

“LAWL, c’mon, brah and sistas; let’s go home.” I said happily as we all walked out of Pirahana Plant territory and went to retreve my trailer and return to Ponyville.

“Oooooh, woe is me!” the plant whined. “Wait a minute! I don’t have a mama! I was grown by seeds!”

Then the next morning, back in town, the Mane Six, Spike, and I were all working together to build the business. Everypony was happy, and was treated fairly. Three days later, the business was complete, and the secret was revealed: "Wow! Flare's Pizza Shop! Sounds like a great name, Flare!" Fluttershy said.

"Yeah! Ponyville never had a pizza shop before!" Pinkie said excitedly.

“I really appreciate your help, but you didn’t have to. I changed the Friendship Agreement for something we all agree on.” I explained, showing them the Friendship Agreement.

”Luckily, we read it this time.” Twilight winked.

“Ah needed to return the favor after ya chased out those parasprites from my farm.” AppleJack said.

“So what kind of pizza you making?” Rarity asked.

“I got all the flavors! Hay pizza, veggie pizzas, or just plane cheese pizza.” I said as I was holding a cheese pizza on my hooves with an airplane on it. “I even got some pasta dishes too, and salads, and soups, and lots of great drinks. Lots of great choices: Dr. Hooves, Cola, Lemon-Lime, Root beer, Diet soda, and inside there's also an iced tea fountain, freshly brewed; and best of all, my food is made with love!" just then, I take out a pair of friendly scissors, and I walk up towards the front entrance where a ribbon is in front of the door. "By the power of Equestria, and the Wizards of Hope, Strength, and Feelings…. I hereby declare Flare's Pizza Shop...." I use the child-friendly sissors to attempt to cut the ribbon, but I couldn’t, no matter how hard I tried. I just shrugged and I used my hornsaber to cut it. "...OPENED!"

Everypony then cheers and heads inside. I was inside first in with my new uniform on, and I stood behind the counter. I had a chef hat, and an apron that says; ‘Shoop Da Cook’. Rather clever if you ask me.

"So Flare, looks like your new business is beautiful darling! It was really worth it!" Rarity said.

"Well I hope so. I still need employees and customers. So it's not a success yet." I said. Suddenly, the front door opens, and two ponies walk inside and walked over towards the counter / bar area. “Sup sistas? Welcome to Flare’s Pizza Parlor! How lucky are you to be my first two customers?”

“Actually, we’re here to apply for a job. My name is Bon Bon, and this is my friend Lyra Heartstrings.” Bon Bon said.

“I’m her friend Lyra Heartstrings.” Lyra said.

"Your pizza business sounds like a great place for us to work!" Bon Bon said.

"Alright! That's great!" I said as I take out some application papers, and hoof them over to them. "Just fill out your applications and you'll be working here in no time!"

“The Friendship Agreement?” Lyra asked as she reads one of the papers.

“Well, yeah, if you’re gonna work here, you gotta be friends with me, duh!” I said.

Bon Bon and Lyra take their applications and sit down on a table to write them down. Just then, out of the bloom: the mayor of Ponyville walks through the door. I got pretty excited. "The the the the the the Mmmmm-mayor!"

"Hello !" Mayor Mare said. "As the mayor of this town, I would love to be your first customer!"

"Sure! What would you like?" I asked.

"I would like a hay pizza, with extra cheese, thin crust." Mayor Mare said.

"Right away, ma'am!" I said as I got started making the pizza. I started up by rolling the dough, throwing it into the air, twirl it around like a basketball, and threw it on the counter. I then took out some of my ‘special sauce’ made up from a secret formula I whipped up back at home, and squirted some onto the dough. I spread some cheese, placed some hay, spread it with some more cheese, then I threw it into the oven, and wait for the oven to go DING. I took out the pizza. After five minutes, I delivered the pizza to the table where the mayor is sitting. The mayor gives the pizza a taste, and then she gasps in shock.

"Surprised face! Oh no! I think I made it wrong!" I yelled.

"This is the best pizza I ever tried! In fact, this is the first pizza I ever tried! Flare Gun, you're a great chef, and this restaurant is going to be one of the most famous restaurants in Equestria!" the Mayor explained.

“And that there is an achievement!” I said as an XBUCKS achievement unlocked icon pops up from the top of the screen saying, ‘When the Moon Hits Your Eyes – 30G’. “Praise the Wizards!” I yelled. “I’m sure this will be a better accomplishment than the time I bought a Visa Debit card.”

A cutaway shows me registering the card on WalmartMoneyCard.com, and I was pretty upset. “Why isn’t this card validating!? I paid 100 bits for this?! So much for getting my favorite Nashorse racer on the cover.” I complained. The cutaway ends.

And so, my business is becoming a success. I didn’t think I had it in me. For somepony with a flank tattoo with a computer mouse on it, how can my career fall into pizza? Well, that’s a story for another time, I got one more thing to tell you though. I walked back to my trailer, put in my passcodes and everything, but as I was doing so, Twilight was right behind me. “Hey, Flare!” she said.

“AAAH!” I yelled. “DON’T DO THAT!”

“Sorry, did I scare you?” Twilight asked.

“No, I’m having a baby, what do you think?!” I asked sarcasticly.

“There’s your next friendship lesson, Flare: mind your sarcasm.” Twilight said.

“That was sarcasm?” I asked.

“Yeah, you didn’t know?” Twilight asked.

“I can’t tell the difference between somepony being sarcastic or being serious.” I said.

“So today was a pretty good day for you, wasn’t it?” Twilight asked.

“It was; it was awesome! It was one of the best days I had in years; but…. Something tells me it won’t be long until it goes away.” I said.

“Some days you have good days, some days you have bad, you just have to live with it.” Twilight said.

“Yeah, well, I had waaaay too many bad days in my life already. I had enough.” I said.

“We’ll see what’ll happen.” Twilight nodded.

“Would you like to come in?” I asked.

“Sure, I got nothing better to do.” Twilight said. So I opened the door to my trailer, and welcomed her inside. “Welcome to Flare’s domain, a place filled with wonder.”

Twilight walked in, looked around and asked, “Well, I am already wondering something. Why is this trailer bigger on the inside?”

“Ask the Doctor, I dunno, I found it like this.” I said. “Feel free to look around.”

Twilight opened the door to the right of the door, looked around and asked, “Wow! What kind of room is this?”

“This is the Lounge; it has everything: XBUCKS 360, PS3, two computers, a vending machine, a soda machine, an air hockey table, a pool table, a pin-ball machine, a slot-machine, and even the pony that empties out the slot machine.” I explained.

The pony that empties out the slot machine emptied the slot machine and said, “I got this job because I get a cool red vest on top of a white blouse.”

“That’s the spirit, Henry!” I said to him.

Henry leans over to Twilight and whispers, “Sometimes when Flare’s not looking, I take a few bits out of the slot machine to keep for myself. Shhhh, don’t tell him.”

I then leaned over to Twilight and whispered, “Sometimes I catch Henry taking bits out of the slot machine; that’s why his paycheck is so low.”

“How did you get all this stuff, and why?” Twilight asked.

“If you were alone like I was, you’d have so many electronics to drain the sorrow.” I said.

“Is that why you also have a second fridge in here?” Twilight asked.

“No, that’s the only fridge in this room. I got another fridge in the kitchen though. I got an awesome kitchen.” I said as I walked across the hall to open the kitchen door. “Got a really cool microwave too, and I also got a dishwasher, but I never use it, because I’d rather wash the dishes in the sink.”

“Because hard work always pays off?” Twilight asked.

“No, because I use Palmolive.” I said.

“Oh.” Twilight said.

“So here are my other rooms: bathroom, exercise room, living room, guest bedroom, and MY bedroom!” I said, walking Twilight through the whole house, switching rooms as I named them.

“Wow, you can teach Pinkie Pie a thing or two about what you just did.” Twilight said in amazement.

“Did what?” I asked.

“The rooms just changed as you were naming them.” Twilight said.

“Uhhh…. Right. So there you have it. That’s the tour of my trailer. Nothing that special, but it’s home.” I said.

“Why do you have an exercise room? You lift weights?” Twilight asked.

“Of course I do! I look hip, don’t I?” I asked, flexing. I leaned over to Spike and whispered, “I don’t really exercise. I just had an extra room, I didn’t know what to do with, so I just put them there for ladies.”

“Right.” Spike said.

“Spike? When did you get here?” Twilight asked.

“Since you two were touring the living room.” Spike said.

Twilight walked over to my fish tank, and took a look at my pet fish. “Nice fish!” she said.

”Ah, I see you like my fish.” I said.

“What are their names?” Twilight asked.

“The black molly is named Darrel, the one swimming to you really happily, he’s a happy little guy; the white molly is Pearl, she’s like Rarity; the two rainbow fish are Rainbow and Dorthey, Rainbow’s in charge, and Dorthey wants to be in charge; Yoyo the yoyo loach, he’s a big eater, he picks on the other fish (literary), and he’s everywhere; and finally, we have the albino catfish named Piddles, who likes to sleep a lot, and chase his reflection. He thinks his reflection is another fish.” I explained.

“Interesting! Hey, Flare, can you do me one quick favor?” Twilight asked.

“I’m not going to egg the principle’s house just so you can enjoy seeing me in trouble!” I said angrily.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“Oh nothing, just a flashback. What do you need?” I asked.

“Well, you see, I’m the student of Princess Celestia, and here in Ponyville, I too try to learn the magic of friendship, like what you’re doing now.” Twilight said.

“So you’re saying you were once as bad as me?” I asked.

“Pffft! No way!” Spike chuckled. Twilight glares at Spike, and Spike was embarrassed after he said that. “Hmm, right.”

“Well, I wouldn’t go that far, but I knew friendship was all I needed to be happy, even though I once thought it wasn’t.” Twilight said.

“So what are you trying to say?” I asked.

“Can you write a letter to Princess Celestia?” Twilight asked.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because whenever friends of mine learn something about friendship, they write a letter to her of what they learned.” Twilight said.

“Can I write one to Luna too?” I asked.

“Well…. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt, but it needs to be sent to Celestia in order for me to gain credit on it.” Twilight explained.

“If you say so, but I really want to write one to Luna. After all it was her that made you all come after me.” I said.

“Please, Flare?” Twilight begged.

“Alright, fine. What’s her email address?” I asked.

“It counts more as a grade for me if you send it by scroll.” Twilight said.

“Oh picky, picky, picky!” I complained. I take out a piece of paper and a pen so I can write down the letter for the princess. “So what do I write? Thank you for treating our kingdom right?”

”It’s a friendship letter; tell her what you’ve learned.” Twilight said.

“I can draw a letter A if you want.” I offered.

“Not that letter; a note.” Twilight corrected me.

“A z-flat?” I asked.

Twilight groaned. “No, it’s a message. I told you that already.”

“I know you did, but writing messages is a bit modern, don’t you think?” I asked.

“Please write it.” Twilight asked.

“Alright, alright.” I looked down towards the empty paper, thinking about what to write down. I wrote: “Dear Princess Sellestea, Umm… hello.” I actually wrote down the ‘umm’, and that’s actually how I wrote ‘Celestia’. “My name is Flare Gun, and I’m new to Ponyville. I moved here to get away from all the stench of misery and stress back in Mareami, so that’s why I moved here. I never gave up, but I was soon on the verge after moving here. Today I learned that you shouldn’t let the stress of your past get to you; it’s all water over dam and you must look into the future, to make it brighter for yourself and others. Hope to meet you someday; I certainly met your sister. Sincerely, Flare Gun.”

“You spelled her name wrong.” Spike pointed out.

“Oh, well, it’s too late now; I wrote in pen.” I said.

“It’s good enough. Send it, Spike.” Twilight said to him.

“Hey, Twilight, what’s Celestia’s fax number?” I asked as I was turning on the fax machine, but just then, I saw Spike use his fire breath on the paper and it vaporized in mid-air. “Wow, thanks a lot, brah; you destroyed my hard work.” I complained.

“Relax, the letter is safely with the princess.” Spike said.

“Soooooo, you burnt her too, and you send the letter to heaven as well?” I asked.

“No, Spike’s breath is magical. He can send letters to Princess Celestia just by breathing on them.” Twilight explained.

“I can also toot the letters to her, but Twilight said it’s unofficial and ridiculous.” Spike said.

"Yep! This is going to be a great relationship with these ponies! I can tell!" I said, as I place a top hat on my head and carried a cane.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"Ponyville will certainly change my life, and here is why....." I started, and started singing a parody of the Worry Song by Gene Kelly:

"You may think I'm from a city that's so happy and fun
But it was so very dramatic and my happy was none
But if I stayed then the price I paid would be so very high priced
And if you think you don't believe me, ask my freezer ice!"

"You may think that the city of Mareami is so hot and dry
But it was so very fun if you gave it a try
You may laugh and sing and dance as happily as an elf, but....
If you think you'd make much friends there, you should try it yourself."

I start dancing and jumping around on my furniture, falling on the floor, kicking my legs, and such, like Donald O'Connor in Singing in the Rain. I continued singing:

"We have XBUCKS, and space center, we even have theme parks
We had beaches, we had night clubs, and our alleys were dark
But my friendship was not enough for those ponies to handle
But as long as I don't have wings, I should have a red bull!"

"They were tators, they were jerk-offs, they were even bullies
I used to be very happy there, until I took an arrow to the knee
You may laugh and sing and dance as happily as an elf, but....
If you think you'd make much friends there, you should try it yourself."

"Well I hope you're happy here, Flare!" Twilight said
"I will be happy here! You like to sing right?" I asked her.

"All the time!" Twilight smiled.

"Then join me!" I said, taking my hoof out.

"Okay!" Twilight said, and started singing:

"In this town you'll get your friendship, and none will ever stab you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry, do you have any clue?
Ponyville is a town that's full of friendship, and I'm even researching it.
If you stay here, that I guarantee it, you will certainly fit!"

"We have parties, we have events, and even fun adventures
Everything will keep you happy, as long as you'll stay for sure.
You can laugh and sing and dance as gayly as an elf, but...
If I think that I'd make much friends there, I should try it myself!"

"Will you try?" I asked.

"If you show me!" Twilight said.

"I'll show you!" I said.

"I'll try!" Twilight said.

"Good! 1, 2, 3, 4..." I sang as he tapped on the floor.

"1, 2, 3, 4..." Twilight repeated, doing the same.

"1, 2, 3...." I sang, tapping a different way.

"1, 2, 3...." Twilight repeated.

"La la la la la" I danced.

"La la la la la." Twilight repeated.

"You see?" I asked smiling.

"IT'S EASY!" Twilight said. I took Twilight's hoof, and started walking around the trailer, and started doing a couple of random dances, like you'd see on the Anchor's Away video. Once we finished dancing, the other's started clopping their hooves together and cheered.
"Yep! I guarantee that life here will be much better than Mareami! Thank you, Luna!" Flare said smiling.

“I’m glad.” Twilight nodded.

“Hey can I ask you something else?” I asked.

“Sure.” Twilight nodded.

“Why do you use a different voice when you sing?” I asked. Spike starts to make a face like he’s sick to his stomach, or somethin’. “Dude, you alright? Did all the dancing make you dizzy and now you’re sick?” Spike burps up a letter from the princess.

“Looks like Princess Celestia responded to your message.” Twilight said.

“Wow, that’s a first! Not many ponies reply to messages on Facebook.” I said as I took the letter and read it. It reads: “Dear Flair Gun, I am very glad you’re happy in Ponyville. My dearest student Twilight Sparkle will be sure to make sure you learn as much as possible about friendship. Luna told me about what you’ve been through, and I guarantee you’ll be happier here. I wish you the best of luck! Sincerely, Princess Celestia.”

“Well, now both Princesses Celestia and Luna are both asking us to do the same thing, so let’s teach you a thing or two about friendship.” Twilight winked.

“Sure! Only one problem though.” I said.

“Yes?” Twilight asked.

“I less then three Celestia.” I said.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“I less then three her; she’s a joker like me.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“She spelled MY name wrong. Winky face.” I winked.

"Oh, Flare." Twilight shook her head, and chuckled.

"Pizza on the house?" I offered.

"Sure." Twilight nodded as we both walked out of my bedroom, and later out of my trailer.Darrel swam up to in front of the tank and saw that Twilight and I walked out.

"Alright, all clear!" Darrel called out to the other fish as he pulls a secret lever on the tank's castle. All the fish uncovered their water-proof electronic devices, the juice bar, and everything else that I didn't know was inside that tank.

"Woo! Now I can go back to bed." Rainbow said in relief.

"I'm right behind you, Rainbow!" Dorthey said.

"Why do you always follow me around?" Rainbow asked her.

"I wanna be just like you, Rainbow! Leader of the tank!" Dorthey said.

"That's nice. How about being a little more like Piddles? Nice and quiet?" Rainbow suggested.

"C'mon, Rainbow! Don't be like that! We have lots of partying to do!" Darrel said as he swam under Rainbow and started pushing him up.

"Hmm! You guys gotta eat more! You'd be in a good mood more often if you guys ate more!" Yoyo suggested as he looked for some food at the bottom of the tank.

"You get outta here, this is my tank!" Piddles yelled at his reflection. "Flare is gonna be confused if you continue- STOP MIMICKING MY EVERY MOVE!"

"Aw c'mon, Piddles. Leave the poor fish alone. He's just having fun." Yoyo teased.

"Oh yeah? How about you quit stuffing your face, Yoyo?" Piddles suggested.

"But I'm still hungry, dude!" Yoyo said.

"How you doing, boys?" Pearl asked.

"Ah, Pearl! Great! You're up! Yeah!" Darrel said as he blushed.

Pearl giggled and said, "You're such a sweetie, Darrel!" Darrel blushed some more as he floated to the top of the tank. Good thing he didn't do that while I was there, otherwise I would've been pretty frightened.

"Alright! Who's up for a game of fishjack?" Dorthey suggested as she took out a deck of cards. "Place your bets!"

Author's Note:

Part 2 of the premiere. Combined both of the endings of the old chapters 1 and 2 on here, as well as added a new temporary foe. This chapter actually has recycled content from an old Book 1 chapter I never released, when Flare ran away because he thought the Mane Six betrayed him, so I brought that back. And now in here, I made a good reason for Flare to be hanging with the Mane Six often, mostly because he's learning friendship, even though Flare was never perfect, the story makes more sense now, and I'm glad I remade this.

Also, the ending fish scene was actually taken out of the Princess For A Day chapter, which I am deleting. There will be chapters with Flare's fish, and even though they can talk to eachother, Flare can't understand them, but they can communicate with other animals, like a phoenix they're going to befriend in a future chapter.