• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 316 Views, 1 Comments

Changeling Invasion: First Contact - joshuapunk3



Let me tell you of a time when me and a couple of friends of mine once held off a swarm of aliens. And before you say ‘oh no another one of these stories’ let me tell you the interesting fact, they were these bug like aliens that feasted off of

  • ...
 1
 316

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This is my first story so criticism is appreciated.

I awoke with a start, sweating profusely in my bed. 8:30, lovely. I turn the T.V. that was in my room on and couldn’t find anything interesting. Not even My Little Pony, so I ended up turning on the news. And what I saw on the news I know my friends had to see for themselves. The headline for today on the news was that an alien race has started attacking North America. Well this is interesting. I wonder if they will show a picture of these aliens.

“So far we have received reports of the attacks happening in 33 states including New York. Reports about said alien have been few on account that no one knew they were here until just now. Apparently they have been disguising as our fellow friends, family, and pets. If you see anyone acting suspiciously, please report it to the local military base if it hasn’t been overrun. This has been Kelly Harper signing off… Hey! You can’t just barge in like tha-! Oh god! It’s one of the alie-”

I quietly stared at the now black and white tv screen. “Well crap, the news just went to shit." I picked up my phone thinking of informing my friends of this new incident.

The story between me and my friends is that we, shall you say, kept the peace at our school. We protected the people who couldn't protect themselves so we are kinda like superheroes of the weak. I unlocked my phone as i decided we should get into action.

"Well better give my friends a call.” I thought as the tv screen finally went to the emergency screen thingy. I grabbed my cell and sent a group text to my friends. “Hey, shit just got real on the news if you guys didn't see yet. You need to pack some things that you can use during... Well during an apocalypse. Oh, also grab a weapon and meet up at my house. I need to show you some things.” With the group text sent they all replied asking why they need the weapon and to pack clothes. Sometimes I think they just don't ever pay attention to the news, but I told them I will tell them when they got to my house and don’t talk to anybody on the way over.

In about half an hour they all got here along with family even though I told them specifically to not bring or tell anyone but i digress. They come in and i can tell they are shaken but they sort of recognize what's going on. I give them some comfort like good friends do but i start feeling a little drained because of it but I just shrug it off like it was me still waking up. I grabbed my 5 friends into the kitchen as their families await in confusion in the other room. "Come on guys, cheer up, you’re all somewhat safe for now, all five of you…” Wait 5? Thats not right, I only sent the text to Simon, Katie, and Charmane. Maybe they are family? Who are the other 2? My mind literally going: There’s a SPY around here. I thought in the far reaches in my head. I then ask “Alright, who are the other 2 people here, I don’t remember them. Who are they?”

“They say that they were fighting the aliens as we came across them. They are pretty good fighters and their story seemed believable, so we asked if they could take the time to come along with us while heading here,” Charmane said with worry in her voice, “why do you ask?”

“I told you guys not to talk to anybody on your way here. Your families are an ok excuse but these people? I dont even know them. The world is being attacked by the Changelings! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! THE WORLD WENT TO ABSOLUTE HELL! Come look at the news,” I practically screamed as I showed them the news, “SEE WHAT I MEEN?”

The group looked at the screen confused as the aliens were shown on the screen.

"The man on the tv seem alright." One of the two unknowns said. "I think we should group up with others. Stronger together."

"Me too." The second said. "We would probably do better in numbers.

I looked at both of them suspectedly. “I don't like how quickly they are agreeing with each other.” I thought to myself. "Who are you two again?"

They stood there motionless as they looked at one another. They then hissed and launched themselves towards me, so I grabbed a pan as their newly forming teeth came for my neck. I slammed one across the face as I then slammed the other one down on the ground.

"Oh my god..." Katie said as she placed a hand over her mouth. "They were those changelings?"

"I guess so." I said slightly out of breath. As I looked at the both of them.

"Good pan..." Simon said as he pulled one out of his bag. "I have one too, they are very effective."

“You… know that… you can’t win right,” one of the changelings wheezed, “We will keep coming after everyone UNTIL you have all been caught and start feeding off of your emotions. That is what the queen WANTS and she ALWAYS gets what she wants.”

“That's what you think pal, cause we ARE GONNA MESS, YOU, UP! Thats right. We will NEVER stop fighting you. NEVER stop surviving BECAUSE we will never stop adapting to our situations. That is the way the human race has always been. SO you go REPORT this to your damn queen and say that we’re coming for her next. MAGGOT,” I shouted as I started beating the crap out of the other changeling in the room.

Comments ( 1 )

Won't lie, I read this like Keith from L4D

Login or register to comment