• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 419 Views, 0 Comments

Rarishy Commissions - RariShyZealot



A collection of short commissions focused on Rarishy goodness.

  • ...
 0
 419

Adoption (Dyslexic Foal)

Rarity was pacing. She did that a lot nowadays, as this one day had been getting closer. For Fluttershy, it hasn’t really sunk in yet, and she just sits on the weathered couch, watching her wife circle the table over and over again. Now, that was something that had sunk in: wife. Months after their honeymoon had ended it still gave her tingles just to think about it.

In the back of her mind she couldn’t help but compare Rarity (her wife!) and her pacing habits with that of Twilight. Maybe it’s a unicorn thing? Probably not.

“Oh, sweetheart, how can you be so calm?” Rarity had stopped, and was now pouting at Fluttershy in that utterly heart-melting way that only she could. “This is a big moment for us.”

Fluttershy rose and walked over to her, nuzzling her cheek before planting a kiss on her forehead, at the base of her horn. She shot Rarity a wide smile and wrapped her wings around her in a hug.

“I know Rarity, I know.”

In that moment the door swung open and a tall, chipper-looking earth pony walked in on only three legs. His right front leg was folded against his chest around a bundle of cloth. He carried it over to the couple, one hyperventilating and the other frozen still and tensed up. “Congratulations,” he said, more to the foal than to the mares, “These are your mommies.”


They were currently walking down a street somewhere in Canterlot. Fluttershy hadn’t really paid attention to her surroundings; she was more preoccupied with the tiny foal held tightly to Rarity’s chest by a blue dweomer. He had a sort of dull, green-ish yellow coat; the beginnings of a sand-colored mane with some mint striped in it; and ice-blue eyes.

Eventually, the reality that they now had a child had hit her –it was when she had been struck by a sudden gust filed with sand as he practiced his foal-enhanced magic abilities- and she had joined Rarity in alternating between stressing out and crying tears of joy. However, it had grown annoying to just call him “the foal”, so now they were on their way to see a namegiver.

The house they finally arrived at was unassuming, being the same white, purple and gold cottage as every other house in this part of the capital, but the inside was like something out of a museum of pre-Equestria unicorns. Sparse and cold, the only decorations in the room were banners hanging from the wall, depicting scenes like birds feeding from a tray and trees gently blowing in the breeze. The only furniture was a desk and some chairs, behind which sat a bespectacled pegasus who looked to be somewhere in her fifties or sixties. When she heard them enter she looked up from whatever she was reading and gave them a polite smile. Then she saw the foal, and her smile widened into a grin.
“Welcome to Madam Mystic’s Fortune Telling and Nameing Parlor,” She said in a tone of voice that made it clear she knew exactly which of the two services they were here for. “Mystic is currently free, if you’d like an appointment right away.”
They agreed, and were soon led into a smaller room that looked more like an office. Fake torches lit up the dark grey walls and multicolored shrouds hanging from the ceiling. Madam Mystic herself was seated on the floor, behind a low, round table covered with cards and other fortunetelling equipment. She gave them a smile and motioned for them to join her, waving away her secretary.

“I apologize for the décor,” she began, “but my clientele expect a certain vibe. I hope you understand.” The two mares nodded. “Both of you understand how this process works, right?”

Rarity nodded, but Fluttershy shook her head meekly; she must have missed that day at school. Madam Mystic gave her a disarming smile that suggested it wasn’t an uncommon thing.

“Well, I will look into your child’s future, and see what their name is. It isn’t more complex than that.”
Fluttershy thought that made a lot of sense, and explained some question’s she’d had about how her parents knew she that Fluttershy would be a fitting name. Rarity reluctantly handed over their foal, who just smiled and seemed generally happy about how things were going. A brown dweomer enveloped him and the fortuneteller’s face constricted into a focused grimace. The seconds seemed to last forever, each one longer than the last until finally she stopped the spell.

She almost beamed as she handed him back over to Rarity before standing up.

“Congratulations, your son’s name is Sandstorm.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment