• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 191 Views, 0 Comments

Four Flags United - Buckshot Gauges



What happens when you take four individuals, from four countries at war, and make them have to survive and protect each other?

  • ...
 0
 191

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The four individuals sat in their own corners. Lachlan sat in his, filled with the scent of tobacco as he continued to smoke his cigarettes in brooding silence. Brass played with his lighter, clearly bored. Naydenov was sitting with his arms crossed, seemingly asleep, meanwhile Konstantin couldn’t help but preen his uniform, an old habit of his to keep it ready for inspection, shining his medals with a small rag he had found. Suddenly, the intercom crackled to life, bringing their attention to it as the familiar voice of the Scientist came on.

“Ah, lovely, you four haven’t killed each other yet. Much further than I thought this experiment would go.” Brass stood up, anxious and annoyed.

“Hey Miss Cunt? You going to let us out now or leave us to die of boredom?” He said angrily.

“Any more attitude and I may just consider neutralizing this batch of subjects and bring in my next one.” She replied spitefully. Brass sat back down with a scowl.

“Now, contrary to what you may believe, locking a bunch of people who hate each other into a room together is not the only part of this experiment. I’m going to let you out, but you will now not only have to avoid killing each other, but you must protect each other. There is a metal box hidden outside of the building, find it and take its contents. The door has been unlocked. Good luck.”
The intercom went silent. Lachlan stood up slowly, followed by Naydenov who stands up from his wooden chair swiftly. Konstantin immediately snapped to his hooves followed by Brass, getting up lazily.

Lachlan took a drag from his cigarette before putting it out against the cement wall.

“Seems easy enough. A little treasure hunt, to test cooperation and then we get to move on. Might as well get this over with, any oppositions?” Lachlan asked, to be met with silence.

“Good, onwards then ye hateful bastards!” He says, opening the door to a dark hallway, two bright blue lights suddenly appeared in the darkness and moved forward, revealing themselves to be attached to the head of a metal figure in the shape of a changeling, a quiet whirring noise met their ears as it lurched forward and leaped for Lachlan. A mechanical garble of noise shrieked out of it as the vague words were heard.

“KILL! KILL! KILL!”

“CHRIST!” Lachlan yelled and moved out of the way as the robot leaped into the room. Brass, startled leapt back. “WHAT THE FUCK!” He cried out as it reached for a gun in its holster right before a wooden chair impacted with its head. A blur of gray fur rushed forward to tackle it to the ground, a paw clamped over the machine’s throat. The machine tried to reach for its gun again but was suddenly stopped by a keratin hoof, trying to pin it down as Naydenov squeezed on its throat, ripping into the metal that held it together and swiftly pulled out the wires and the metal endoskeleton’s neck set ion with it, ripping the head off the robot in the process as the metal body went as the whirring stopped, the eyes on the machine powered down, leaving the bulbs gray.

The four of them sat there panting for what felt like hours after it died before Brass finally spoke up. 


“IS NO ONE GOING TO ASK WHAT THE FUCK THAT WAS?!” He yells out.

“A series of lights and clock work with an artificial intelligence and a design that mimics a standard changeling infantry soldier.” Konstantin says as he looks at the uniform. 


“A very weak foot soldier.” Naydenov says as he stands up, lifting it up off the ground and turns it around, examining it.
Lachlan stood up, dusting himself off. “Good thing we at least know what to look out for.” He says and takes a look at it, looking for a weak point.

Konstantin reached for the gun in the holster and looked at it curiously. It appeared to be a Mauser C96 but it strangely had a little red light on the body of the gun.

“I’m probably the one best equipped to use this.” He states when Brass steps up.

“Now wait a minute…” Lachlan gives Brass a glare which makes him shut up. Brass thinks it over and realizes Konstantin would be best with it as much as he hates to admit it.

“Never mind….”

Suddenly the intercom crackled on again and the scientist’s voice came on again.

“My deepest apologies, it seems I didn’t give you all the specifics” The female voice seemingly came from all around, possibly distant large speakers. “You are being hunted. All drones, whether they are from your nation or not, will be your enemies. Do be careful.” At this Brass Knuckles lost it.

“So none of us get a break? This is bullshit! Do you hear me?! Absolute fucking bullshit!” The changeling jumped on the pony and took him down, covering his muzzle with a hoof.

“Shut up you fucking idiot!” Konstantin whispered angrily. “I don’t want to die, do you want to die?!”

“I don’t fucking care! I want out of this experiment!” Brass yelled. Konstantin slapped him across the face.

“Do you want to live? Do you want to fucking live?!” Konstantin shook him roughly. “If you gave a single shit about your life you would shut up!” Brass glared at him and shoved him off.

“Don’t fucking tell me what to do.” He growled. Lachlan chimed in.

“Alright, now if you two lovebirds have ended your quarrel, we should start looking for that metal box, quick. And then we need to get the fuck out of here, the place could be swarming with drones any minute, Drones can pick up sound from a fairly large distance can’t they Konstantin?”

Konstantin nodded. 


“Kinda surprised they haven’t shown up already. So I suppose there may not be nearby, but I would recommend keeping on your guard. “

Lachlan nodded. “Noted, now everyone split up and search. Stay in groups of two, and do not leave anyone behind. Brass, with me. Konstantin, go with Naydenov.” Konstantin nodded in response. Brass grumbled under his breath but was happy to go with Lachlan rather than Konstantin to search the building. Suddenly Naydenov bent down and began to utilize his canine sense of smell, trying to pick up on any metallic materials or grease from gun oil.

Brass walked with Lachlan gliding over him down the hallway and into a dingy old warehouse, the glass was broken with light pouring through the windows. Konstantin and Naydenov followed behind as Lachlan landed on the rafters to get a better view. Brass went about searching along the ground, below Lachlan, checking for any place a large box could be stored.

In much the same manner, Konstantin and Naydenov searched around in another room of the warehouse before suddenly Naydenov stopped moving and took a deep sniff, before rushing over to under an old rotted away desk, having smelt something.

“What did you find?” Konstantin asks and lands beside Naydenov. The dog said nothing and merely looked at the ground below the desk at a few tiles that seemed out of place before he suddenly ripped them out furiously and quickly.

“Found it.” He muttered. There in the ground was an old guitar case that seemed to have been sitting there for a century.

“Naydenov, I don’t think that’s…..” Konstantin begins before Naydenov suddenly slams a fist down on it and cracks it open, before ripping the top off, revealing the hidden guns.

“What the….” Konstantin said. The dog and the changeling gave each other looks of confusion before looking back at the guns

Lachlan landed down by them followed shortly by Brass.

“You guys find it?” Brass asks as he trots in before raising a brow at the sight of the guns. “What the fuck?”

The contents inside showed to be a M1911, an MP 40, a TT-30, and a Sten gun. However, they looked off, some of the components appearing to be different materials. All of which had parts that were bright neon yellow

“The fuck are these? Toys? ” Brass picks up the 1911. “It looks like half the thing is made of plastic.”

“Let me see.” Lachlan held out his talon and Brass gave him the gun.

Upon taking a close look he found that the gun was mostly made with its usual metal components, however some of the other parts were carbon fiber, especially around where the firing mechanics took place, the carbon fiber parts being the bright yellow sections seen before.

Suddenly the voice of the scientist cut in from seemingly nowhere this time.

“You have been given weapons specialized for the combat you’ll be facing. The ammunition is electronically charged to deal more damage to the drones, along with the guns being modified to use them.”

“So you’re telling us we have EMP bullets?” Brass asks

“No, not even close, but whatever you want to call them I don’t care. Point is they can kill those bots quick.” At that point the source of the voice shut off again.

“Alright, so we have guns modified for special bullets. Other than that, nothing we haven’t used before.” Lachlan says.

“We have four guns, each one is from our own country. I suggest we take our native ones.” He gave the 1911 back to Brass and took the Sten gun. Naydenov took the TT-30 and Konstantin took the MP 40. They grabbed the ammunition for their respective guns and loaded them. The sun was beginning to set, bringing the warehouse into darkness, only lightened by the moon and stars.

“Alright, let’s travel throughout the night to move as much as we can before the sun rises. Once it does we’ll find a spot to rest. Besides, at night we’re most likely better able to spot out any drones that might search for us? Any opposed raise your front appendage.” Lachlan said, not a single one of them doing so.

“Good, let’s move out of this dingy fucking warehouse then.” He states and walks out into the forest, being followed by a pony, a bug, and a dog.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment