• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 423 Views, 3 Comments

I"ll Sleep When I'm Dead - Pegasisters



Pinkie Pie has leukemia, and she's on a mission to make sure this next year is her best. Even if it's her last.

  • ...
2
 3
 423

Diagnosis

If you found out you were terminal, what would you do? Nobody realizes how precious life truly is. We are blinded by the disasters of the world. Drugs, smoking, drinking. Are they things you enjoy? Or are they just an escape from reality. Self harm only makes things harder. When we go through our tough times, trying to let go, trying to move on. Not knowing that in the end it makes us stronger. We all want so much more than we have. But there are people who want what we have. Things we take for granted, others are praying for. People try their best to fit in, and they forget who they truly are. We don't appreciate life the way we should. Life is just a word, until you give it meaning.

They were all waiting. Trying their best to stay calm. Something was wrong with Pinkie Pie. Her nose and gums have been bleeding constantly. Too constantly. They also noticed she had lees energy than usual. She was jumping lower and lower until she just walked. At first, It wasn't a big deal. Some ponies even thought she was simply "growing up". They were sadly mistaken.

The mane 5 were looking around the waiting room. Observing every last detail there was. Trying to find a distraction to the one thing that actually mattered. They noticed darker green spots on the large plants in the corner. They noticed the dripping of water at the water fountain. The small scratches on the hospitals mugs. The stains of what looked like juice on the couch. A nurse that was hiding in a corner putting lipstick on. But no matter what they observed, there was always that tightening in their chests that told them something was wrong.

After what felt like years, the doctor came. Everypony stood up, their hearts pounding hard and fast. Not knowing that with these next words, their life would change forever. The doctor stood in front of them, a frown on his face, and said, "I'm sorry to inform you, that with this diagnosis, Pinkie Pie has leukemia." Everypony broke into tears, even the doctor.

Then he continued. "The cancer has become too severe for any sort of treatment. I'm afraid she is terminal." Everpony cried harder.

"H-how long does she have?" Twilight asked, in hopes that it could be a long time.

"She has one year to live." The doctor said, not even wanting to believe his own words. Even though he had all the proof. Nopony could imagine a world without Pinkie.

"May we please see her?" Twilight asked. Everypony nodded their heads. They felt bad that Twilight was doing all the talking, but they didn't know what to say. Even Rainbow Dash couldn't be tough, and Applejack was crying.

"Of course, right this way." The doctor led them to right and to room 8. And they were in for another big surprise. Even though it was Pinkie Pie.

"Hey guys, guess what. I was very good and they gave me a lollipop. And look, it even had bubble gum in it!" Pinkie said cheerfully. She acted as if everything was perfectly fine. She stuck her tongue out, showing them the bubble gum, it's color fading away. Everypony hugged her. At those few moments, they were just happy she was alive.

"Pinkie Pie, we heard the news, we're so sorry." Pinkie looked at each them in the eyes. At first, she had a serious face, but then, she had the happiest smile possible.

"Aww Twilight, it isn't your fault. And besides, anypony can die at any time, the only difference is that they used those machine thingy's to figure out exactly when. No biggy."

Everypony stared at her in disbelief. "How can you be this careless?" Fluttershy asked, it took her a lot of courage to say that.

"Oh Flutters, it's life. We're born, we live a little while, and then we die. It happens to everypony." There was no making Pinkie think differently. For her, it was just a regular day of fun and adventure. Sadly, nopony else could feel the same way. Their friend was going to die, and much sooner than expected. It was a nightmare. But worse than a nightmare. It was reality. And reality can sometimes be worse than a nightmare.

"Oh hi doc, can I go home now? I was planning to have a cupcake baking marathon today and give a cupcake to everypony in ponyville. Or in Equestria! Well, I guess I'll have to see if I can make enough cupcakes. So can I?" Pinkie asked, still acting like her extra hyper self.

"Yea doctor, can she? I was really looking forward to a chocolate cupcake today. Rainbow said. Applejack quickly pulled her tail as a punishment for saying that. The doctor managed to chuckle.

"Of course she can go home. On one condition." Everypony looked at the doctor. "You, Miss Pie, must bring me a cupcake tomorrow. Today, I think it'd be best to go home and sleep. It's already 6:30, and you need some rest. It's been a long day." They all thought the doctor was crazy, but that was the least of their worries.

"Okey dokey lokey doctor. I'll bring you vanilla, with extra sprinkles." Pinkie said cheerfully. And so they all went home to sleep.

Pinkie Pie was lying on her bed. Staring at the ceiling. She was thinking about her life. It didn't bother her that she was gonna die soon. With her friends, this was gonna be the best darn year of her life. And nothing, was gonna stop her. She looked out the window, and saw a beautiful pale pink star. "That's me." She said to herself. She looked at the stars some more. She wasn't tired. In fact, she was more filled with energy than ever. She thought for a bit. And something came to mind. She smiled, and snuck out to the castle.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed. I felt like typing something inspirational. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 3 )

you ....i ...... ahhhh....errr THAT WAS BLOODY AMAZING PEGGI

Hehe, thank you. And congrats, you have posted the first comment!! :pinkiehappy:

Can u plz make a sequel? *COUGH* make pinkie still live *COUGH* because a pinkie pie never dies *COUGH* :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment