• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 699 Views, 0 Comments

An Equestrian Patriotic Hymn Book - PensacolaRanger



Twilight and Spike write a collection of new patriotic hymns for Equestria----with mixed results.

  • ...
15
 0
 699

Chapter 8 - Cloudsdale Anthem (Alternate Version)

It was a big day at the Cutie Mark Crusaders’ Clubhouse. Legions of Crusader & Rainbow Dash fans had gutted the vicinity around the little clapboard tree structure, including classmates from Ponyville Elementary School, and other fillies from neighboring towns. Even CMC Alum Babs Seed was present---if only to keep the two ex-bullies Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon in check, if they happened to slip back into their old habits. Spike was present, too, as resident piano player for today’s event. Miss Cheerilee & Big Macintosh were also present, as well as Rarity and Princess Twilight Sparkle.

A small curtained stage with audience benches was erected on the grass just outside the clubhouse. The speaker’s podium was
set up to stage-right, where club president Apple Bloom, with brand-new cutie mark on display for all to see, was serving as emcee:

“(*Ahem*) All right, Fillies and Gentlecolts, the business part of our monthly Cutie Mark Crusaders Club meeting is now concluded. But before we adjourn, we have as a very special, musical performance, prepared just for you. Presenting now: Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, performing an alternative version to…THE CLOUDSDALE ANTHEM!"

HOOF-CLAPS & CHEERS ensued, as Spike struck up the keys! At stage-left, Scootaloo pulled a mouth-rope to raise the curtain. Sweetie Belle magically powered the spotlights from behind the audience, as Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy (in white togas with gold trim, and gold laurel wreaths crowning their manes) flew & hovered, in front of a crudely painted backdrop of the floating city of Cloudsdale. (Apple Bloom’s own mouth-brush & hoof-paint work.)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLOUDSDALE ANTHEM (Alternate Version)*

Verse 1: Cloudsdale, Cloudsdale, high above all

Flying high o’er all the Earth…

Always all, for Earth’s protection,

Pegasi, we proudly stand…

From Manehattan, to Las Pegasus,

Arctic North to desert South…

Served and serving,

Deserved and deserving,

Cloudsdale, high o’er all the Earth…

Fierce and royal, brave and loyal,

Cloudsdale high o’er all the Earth….

Verse 2: Pony Earth and Pony Pegasus,

Unicorn and Alicorn…

Ponies all from different backgrounds,

United at sound of the horn…

Flyer or Wonderbolt, Weather Factory,

Rain or snow, or sleet or hail…

Serve Equestria, and Celestia,

Rainbows and sunshine shall prevail…

Clear or stormy, noble service be,

Cloudsdale, high o’er all…

the…

Earth…!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

MORE CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ensued!!

“AWESOME, AWESOME!!” cheered Snips.

“Yeah, that was the most..umm…amazingest…awesomest…whatever that was, ever! GO CLOUDSDALE!!"
said the dull-eyed Snails, not having the slightest clue, but just happy to be cheering.

Not saying a word, Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon simply hoof-clapped, eyes appearing to glower, but muzzles stoically silent.

“(*Heh-heh,*) Dey’re speechless…” said Babs. “Can’t think ‘a one single bad thing ‘ta say about it…”


After the applause died down, Tiara finally spoke up: “That…was…AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!"

And with the false tension broken at last, the two ex-bully fillies CHEERED & APPLAUDED!!


Babs froze, stock-still, eyes wide and mouth agape. “Wow…’dey really have changed! Who’da thunk?”

“Thanks, everypony! Meeting adjourned!" said Apple Bloom.


As the audience herd dispersed, a few hung behind and herded in closer to the edge of the stage, to give thanks and praise to the performers. Comments like: “Wow, that was really amazing…” and: “way better than that improvised one at the Equestria Games…”
were passed around.

Spike blushed with embarrassment at the recollection of his dismal attempt to make up a ‘Cloudsdale Anthem’ on the spot, when the Crystal Empire hosted the games. He really should have thought things through before jumping in, that time. Grateful that this version went over better, the little dragon seemed satisfied that the old mistake had finally been corrected.

“Wow…they liked it. They really liked it! Yay…” cooed Fluttershy, in soft enthusiasm.

“Yeah…really ‘gotta hoof it to you, guys. It didn’t suck, after all. Maybe this really could become our new anthem!”

“(*Gasp*) Really??” asked Fluttershy.

“Sure…when pigs sprout wings! Heh-heh-heh!!” Dash chuckled, with a sly wink.

Fluttershy just grimaced, wrinkling her face into the most sour expression she could muster.
Just like Rainbow Dash to take advantage of her shy friend’s naivety as a poor joke.
Sometimes, Fluttershy swore Dash had more in common with Tiara & Spoon that even she thought.

Then at last, Babs sauntered up to the old gang, proud as punch. She eyed their new flank icons: each a small red, pale pink and blue shield, but each with a different object in the middle. A heart-centered apple for Apple Bloom, a star & musical note for Sweetie Belle, and a wing & lightning bolt for Scootaloo. Babs then glanced back at her own cutie-mark: a small pair of scissors, then proudly stood alongside her fellow club members, saying:

“So…the new Cutie-Mark Crusaders! Blank flanks, no more! Guess this makes you graduates, too! Congratulations, gang!”

They all gathered in for a big group-hug with the Manehattanite.

“Thanks, Babs.” said Sweetie Belle. “I guess so; we have graduated. So now we’ve ‘gotta set a new example by helping others to
change for the better, and find their special talents. And there’s still plenty of blank flanks yet to be helped!”

“Too right, mates!” said Pipsqueak. “I still don’t have mine yet! Neither does Button Mash, nor half of the rest of the class!
I thought I could get mine in school politics, but, well, you all saw how that turned out…” his head, ears and tail drooped.

“Aww…chin up, Pipsqueak! Equestria’s still a free country, isn’t it?” said (a very uncharacteristically positive) Diamond Tiara. “If they can do it, so can you. All you needed was to hire me as your new Secretary of the Treasury, to get the money from my Dad to buy the new school playground equipment. And…I actually feel good about being an organizer of other ponies, instead of just bullying them all the time. I don't have to be a spoiled brat, just because I come from a rich family. Thanks, Crusaders. And…sorry for picking on you all this time, like I did. I just…wanted to be…more like you."

At this, a smirking Silver Spoon sauntered up to Diamond, gripped her in a headlock, knocking her tiara off temporarily,
and gave her BFF a head-noogie!

"Who are you, and what have you done with Diamond Tiara? (*Hee-hee-hee-hee!*)” she demanded jokingly.

They all enjoyed a big, noisy GROUP LAUGH!!



Indeed, for each and every one of them…whatever the future held in store…


nothing was ever going to be the same, for any of them. ever again.






[ALMOST 'THE END.' 1 MORE BONUS CHAPTER TO GO COMING SOON...]

Author's Note:

* - Derived from the national anthem of Germany, 'Das Deutschlandlied.'

Yeah, I know...kind'a flogging a dead horse here, as the old saying goes... Still, it seemed a great idea at the time. Been kicking this one around for a while since the end of last summer. But now since the airing of the episode 'Crusaders of the Lost Mark,' I felt it was time to tag this one on, and scribble a story chapter around it, tying it in with that episode. Like it or dislike it; that's just the way I feel. :moustache:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment