• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 503 Views, 8 Comments

The Storm That Made the Rainbow - Pegasisters



Her disabled sister, her uncaring mother, and her abusive father. Rainbow Dash wants to tell her friends about her past, but what will they think about her?

  • ...
4
 8
 503

One Day, But Not Today

I woke up again, from my sequel of the first dream. NOPE. I'm not going to think about it. Goodbye dream, hello awakeness, or, something. I got up, ate a hoove strudel and flew out to Fluttershy's cottage. Hopefully she's not out worrying about her dumb animals again. Or her even stupider "Angel" bunny.

I got to her cottage aaaaaaaaannd of course she's feeding her animals. Well, hopefully she'll be done soon. I flew down so that she could notice I was here.

"Oh, hi Rainbow Dash, hold on, I'll just be a second." Fluttershy said.

"Oh hi Rainbow Dash, I'll just be a second cause my animals are more important than you."I said quietly to myself so she wouldn't hear. Ugggggggh, I can't stand it when she does that. We all know she has a cutie mark for animals but come on. She takes up more than half her day with them. Seriously, she has to learn to-

"Sorry Rainbow Dash, I had to feed my animals breakfast. But anyway, did you need anything?" She said.

"I've been having those dreams again. I don't know what to do. They never stop coming back. It just isn't fair. What did I ever do to deserve this?" I was starting to bubble with anger at my past.

"I think you should tell the others about everything. It'll do you good. If you keep this a secret it's gonna harm you. And your future. Nopony should go through this alone. I know it'll be hard but trust me, its for the best. They'll understand what you did and why you did it. They're your friends.

I started to feel like crying. But I had to fight it back. "I see where this is going. You just don't want to deal with me anymore. I bet you don't even care. YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO HAVE NO FAMILY, BECAUSE I KILLED THEM!! THEY'RE ALL GONE BECAUSE OF ME!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE JUST GONNA ABANDON ME LIKE THAT!! I HATE YOU, FLUTTERSHY, I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!"

I flew off, and in the distance, I could hear Fluttershy cry. Why am I such a terrible pony? She's the one that helped you with everything and you're blaming HER? This is why I NEVER go to anypony for advice. I shouldn't go to anypony for advice from now on. I'm just gonna go home now.

I flew home, and I punched a few clouds. Okay, a LOT of clouds, but I didn't destroy them. If I did that, I wouldn't have a place to live, would I? It sucks, it all sucks. I just don't get I'm being haunted by this. Nopony understands this.

Again it was night time but I didn't feel like eating dinner. I just climbed into bed and fell asleep.

(Now her dreams)

I was flying for the first time in months. It wasn't the same without Storm though. I flew so fast tears were coming out of my eyes. It felt good. For once in forever I felt free to do whatever I wanted to without worrying about Mom and Da-

BOOM!!

"Ouch." I rubbed my head from the fall. Then I turned my head to see who the idiot was. It was a white filly.

"I'm so sorry. I should have been more careful. Are you alright? He seemed pretty concerned. And a little in pain. His voice was a little weird, but then again, so's mine.

"Yea, just watch where you're going next time." I said, trying to make myself look tough. He was just staring at me. I stared back. Both looking deeply into each others eyes. And suddenly, everything faded away. It was just me and him. A whole bunch of pegasi were just looking at us like we were crazy or something. So he broke the silence.

"My name's Soarin." He said, trying to act like we didn't just have an awkward moment. "My names Rainbow Dash" I said, trying to follow along.

"Do you want to go to a cafe, it's close by so we can just walk if your wings hurt. The pies there are really good." He asked. I of course, said "Sure", it felt good to be doing something against my Dad. He didn't want me to hang out with guys. He acts like I'm gonna do something terrible. Like I'm the worst mare ever or something.

We ate some pie, which he seemed to be obsessed with. And talked. And the whole truth about my family and stuff found it's way into the converstion. Luckily, he didn't think any less of me. I looked up at a clock. And it was past the time I was supposed to be home. Whatever. We continued talking for some time. Until I finally decided I had to go home. Last thing I need is for my owners to take it out on Storm.

"Lets meet up here every Tuesday so we can talk." He said. I agreed. I really liked talking to him. He's my best friend now. Well, second best friend. Of course Storm is my best fri-

"WHAT THE BUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH HIM!!" NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Of course my douche dad has to come and screw up everything. Why can't he let me enjoy life for once. If he didn't want kids, then he didn't have to do anything. Acting like its my fault for simply existing. I swear, he's mentally ill or something.

"YOU'RE COMING WITH ME RIGHT NOW! AND YOU, STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!" My slave owner yelled. He is such a shameless stallion. But of course I had to follow him. Well, he grabbed me, I could have fought back but I decided not to, for Storm's sake, and I let him take me home, leaving Soarin behind. I hoped that he still had the guts to meet up next week. He really made the day go by fast. Maybe one day he can help me out of this. But not today. Obviously.

Author's Note:

Hi. I know it's been a while, so sorry for that. :twilightsheepish: But I hope you enjoyed. And also, if you read this please leave a comment, a simple hello would be okay. I just really want to know how many people read this. Feel free to give me any tips. I won't get offended. :twilightsmile:
And yea I know, this wasn't exactly a sad chapter. Next one will though. I promise.

Comments ( 3 )

That was so cool:pinkiehappy:

Qhy dose RD's dad have to be such a big menie pants?:fluttercry: and is this gonna be a SoarinDash story?!:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment