• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

The Storm That Made the Rainbow - Pegasisters



Her disabled sister, her uncaring mother, and her abusive father. Rainbow Dash wants to tell her friends about her past, but what will they think about her?

  • ...
4
 8
 502

My Sister Can't...

I flew as fast as I could, for I knew that it was gaining on me. It wouldn't be long now. But I was so close to Twilight's tree castle, or whatever she calls it.

Raaaainboooow Daaaash, you can't fly forever!!

Oh yes I can!!

Okay, that wasn't entirely true, but I ain't the element of honesty so whatever. Ugh, why does Pinkie always follow me? Doesn't she have better things to do? Oh finally the castle. I kicked the door open and flew to the throne room, where, with no surprise, Twilight was reading another one of her lame books.

Hey twilight!! HELP!!

Oh for the love of...

CRASH!!

"UGGGGGGHH!! Guys, you do this like once a week. If you don't be careful, somepony can get hurt. Such as you Rainbow, If you break your wing then you won't be able to try out for the Wonderbolt's next Month," Twilight said.

That last part hurt me, not about the Wonderbolt's, but about the broken wing part. I know she didn't mean it intentionally, but a sudden wave of rage hit me. If only she knew about everything. But she probably wouldn't understand why.

"Yea yea I know," but only said that so she'd stop talking so I could leave

"And you Pinkie promise you won't do it again?" Twilight asked.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," Pinkie said.

I nodded, and then, I just quickly flew out, I just didn't want to deal with this right now. All I came for was a Daring Do book to get my mind off of what I would always think of before I went to sleep. I hate the night. It's a really good thing to me that Princess Luna can't enter our thoughts, cause she'd probably give me even worse nightmares than I already have.

I flew into my cloud house, knowing what was to come. I could already see the first star. The star my sister told me to look at to remind me of her when she died. Why of all the lives out there did mine have to suck!! I was thinking for what felt like hours. I looked up at the clock. 43 minutes. ONLY 43 FREAKIN MINUTES PAST!! I could see plenty more stars to know that night has come.

Maybe I deserved it. Maybe it's my fault for what my life turned out to be. I was a horrible pegasus when I was younger. Maybe I still am. The only reason I have theses memories is because I put them there. Fluttershy says I didn't deserve any of it. That these sort of things could happen to anypony. But she had a perfect life so what does she know. She'll never know how I felt, or feel. It's starting to get late, and I've got things to do.

I flew onto my bed, relaxed myself, and fell asleep.

(Now her dreams)

"Hey Dashie, come fly with me!!"

"Okay, but only for a bit, Iv'e got better things to do!!" I said.

I flew out with my sister, Dashing Storm. I like the fact that both of our names have "Dash" in them. We did flips and twirls and all these awesome tricks. All the pegasi watched in awe. We are the best flyers ever!! I just know it.

"Hey Dashie, my little sister, I read in one of my books about this cool thing called a Sonic Rainboom. It looks pretty tough but its nothing I can't handle."

Ohh I hate it when she calls me little, but that does sound like a pretty neat trick, so I said to try it out. She was flying up, the highest I have ever seen her, she finally stopped, then started flying down. She was flying down so fast, and I cheered her on. But then I noticed she was struggling. She sort of bounced away, but she had no control of herself. She fell through the clouds, and she was falling fast. I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything. But I snapped out of it and ran to the hole in the clouds she had busted through. There were rocks under Cloudsdale at the moment. And Storm was unconscious. She fell back first, and was paralyzed. I called for help and an ambulance took Storm to the hospital. She had a surgery and the surgeons told us her wings were disfigured.

I was holding in my tears, cause I couldn't look like a wimp in front of my dad. He started leaning to me. To hug me? No, something else.

"If anything happens to Storm, you better hold it dear in your heart that it was your fault." Dad said.

My heart sank, I know it's true. I had the chance to save her, but I freaked out and didn't budge. I'm a horrible sister, I just know that if I would have fell, Storm totally would have saved me before I even came close to hitting the ground.

My Mom didn't even look like she cared. She was just sitting there sipping her coffee and reading some dumb old magazines. She didn't care about us. Me and Storm could die and she'd go about like it was just another day. One day I will teach her a lesson if its the last thing I do! She's a joke for a mother. And same goes for my father. It's like he thinks we don't have feelings or something. If they didn't want us, then why did they have us?

When they were finally done with the surgery, my parents and I got to see Storm. It had been 10 hours and I was starving, but that didn't matter to me at the moment. I hugged her the second I came into the room. I started crying and telling her I loved her sooooooo much. I didn't care that my Dad was there. He can go fall off of Cloudsdale for all I care. Never have I been so happy to see my sister.

The doctor came into the room.

"So sorry to interupt, but I need to say a few words from the surgeons. Due to the height and force of the fall, your daughters wings have been crippled. And unfortunately, she can no longer fly."

"My sister can't... fly?"

Author's Note:

Okay this my first story. I know it doesn't sound good right now but I know I'll get better later on. If theres anything I need to improve on then please let me know. Also, if anybody might want to be my proofreader then please let me know. Thanks so much for your support:twilightsmile: