• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 1,673 Views, 11 Comments

Of Ponies and Dragons - Jeckard Cain



Hearts and Hooves day is here. How will Spike spend it?

  • ...
10
 11
 1,673

Epilogue

"Twilight WAKE UP!" Spike was standing next to Twilight's bed as she opened her eyes and he was looking at her with a grumpy face.

"Oh, sorry Spike, I kind of slept in, late night last night."

Spike demeanor changed and he smiled "You're telling me, I still can't believe Celestia made you move so late in the night to this town!" Twilight blinked and almost started to explain, she caught herself though. If you tell somepony that you altered their memories, the spell starts to reject in their mind and it can drive them insane. Spike hopped down from the bed aread and into the main library. He looked out the window and into the town of Ponyville for the first time. "Oh man, Twilight, it looks like a storm hit the town while we were asleep. Maybe we should go-" Spike stopped suddenly while looking outside. Twilight saw him and rushed out of bed and down the stairs to see what was happening. Spike stood at the window, with his nose almost pushed against the glass looking at the most beautiful unicorn he had ever seen. She had blue diamonds as her cutie mark and a curled purple mane that she wore with pride. "Hey Twilight, we should uh, go introduce ourselves to the ponies in this town. How about starting now?" He turned and smiled at Twilight. She smiled back

"Alright Spike let's go, but we gotta help rebuild stuff for them, making a good first impression and all that."

Twilight walked slowly to the door as Spike rushed out before she could get to it, he ran out the door and made his way over to this pony he didn't know but wanted to. Twilight stepped outside and saw Spike talking to Rarity, she seemed, different. Not as reserved about talking to Spike anymore, and not using a cutesy name, not patting him on the head like a child. She spoke to him with some kind of new found respect that wasn't there before. Spike talked to her for what seemed like an hour before going back over to Twilight. "Hey Twilight, that's Rarity, she owns a place in town called the Carousel Boutique and she designes clothes for ponies. She was super polite and even invited you and I over for tea later today after we get done cleaning!"

Twilight responded in kind "Well then Spike we can't let our new friend down, let's get to fixing up this place" Spike gave a foux salute and ran off to a nearby house with some wood around it that ponies were trying to lift, he offered his help and started hauling wood. Twilight looked to Spike, and then to Rarity as she was walking away. She couldn't help but notice something in Rarity's eye. A small tear ran down the white pony's face as she smiled towards Spike. Rarity understood how far back Spike's memory had been adjusted and realized exactly what she had to do for him. That day she went around town and explained what had happened to him to everypony, including her friends. Near the end of the day Rarity was in her shop, doing some simple stitching when there was a knock on the door. She said come in and as the door opened, in walked Spike and Twilight

The tea was delicious and Spike just enjoyed the company of Rarity, stealing glances at her when he could and blushing when she caught him. After Twilight had made her "introductions" and finished their small talk, Rarity brought her attention to the little purple dragon. "Spike?" she started "how would you like to come over here and help me make outfits every once in a while?" Spike beamed as just being allowed to spend time with Rarity would make his life better, he could just feel it in his heart. Twilight decided to leave after the tea and Rarity invited Spike to stay and help her finish stitching while explaining how it was done. She knew this wouldn't make up for all the years he'd lost knowing her, but maybe, just maybe. It was a start to a new kind of relationship for the two of them.

Author's Note:

THE END! What'd you think? If you stayed for the whole story, wow, thank you so much for sticking with it. I put a good amount of effort into this and I'm happy with how it turned out. Yes I would do it differently in some sections but I just don't want to try and figure out how to write it all out, I'm lazy I know. Well this is the end of my first work. I may do more in the future, I don't know for sure yet but I'll keep an eye on here for comments at least and I'll write whenever something new pops into my head.

Comments ( 11 )

:pinkiehappy:this is a good story I liked it

Comment posted by Jeckard Cain deleted Sep 24th, 2016
Comment posted by SummerCaliBrony deleted Sep 24th, 2016
Comment posted by Jeckard Cain deleted Sep 24th, 2016

Your welcome :pinkiehappy:I hope to see more stories from you! :twilightsmile:

Good story I liked it

It was very enjoyable, though it does have some grammar errors here. It doesn't damage the quality of the story however. The one thing that bothers me is the climax

It was sad to learn that Aliss was just Chrysalis in disguise. The relationship between her & Spike, was quite entertaining to follow, which made it more heartrending when its revealed to only be a farce. This isn't what I have issue with however. The problem is that once Spike realizes that he was being used by Chrysalis, and that she didn't actually love him, he doesn't seem as distraught as someone who has just gotten his heart broken should. I was expecting to see a reaction from him, but it never really came. Furthermore while I cant come up with another way for them to defeat the Chrysalis, to erase Spikes memories seemed like, an easy get away, shattering all possibility of him having to deal with the facts, and resolve his issues with Rarity. Other than that I don't have anything else to say. Its a good short story, and while its has it's faults, I still found it to be quite entertaining.

6116941
thank you for all the feedback! When I originally started writing this I wanted it to end how it did simply because I thought it would be a very strong thing for spike to do to sacrifice so much just to save his friends. Yes I very much rushed the ending and I couldn't put into words exactly how I wanted the characters to behave. I will take your advice and put a lit more thought into the ending next time I am writing a short story such as this. Thanks again!

edit- Also I wanted it to be thought that Spike was under Alyss' spell as soon as he saw her, so there was never any real connection. No one falls in love in a second, and Spike already cares too much for Rarity to allow him to like anyone else in that way. Hence why when the spell is broken he realizes the bad of his actions and does what he can to prevent Chrysalis from controlling him again.

Is this Spilight?

6117626
it is not spilight for those wondering.

6117692 so wait, there's going to be more to this story

6213918
sorry for the misleading info. Yes the story is complete.

Login or register to comment