• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Griffin: Comradeship is Magic - Scorched Beats



A young griffin is sent away from his homeland to [s]spy[/s] learn about ponies, little did he know he might make some friends along the way.

  • ...
 0
 262

Welcome to Equestria, leave your socialism by the door

Morning came all too quick for my tastes as the morning wake-up call blared across our small village- well their small village. I guess since I am leaving I forfeit all ownership of this place. A knock at my door caused me to sit up, rubbing my head with a claw as I wondered over to the door. Peaking out of the window I could see a griffin from the Office of Security and Law, she was apparently my escort. She looked serious and grizzled like she has been through much rougher stuff than simply carrying out work transfers.

"Comrade Macksis Speckle-feather? It is time for your trip." She called from the outside stoop.

"On my way!" I shouted back as I walked back to the bed to retrieve my dufflebag. One more sweeping glance around the old place before I took a deep breath and turned back to the door, gently pushing it open.

"Comrade Macksis reporting." I lazily blathered out giving what might have been the most insincere salute ever. She eyed me up, her expression not one of amusement. She seems to take all this a lot more seriously than me.

"You are to follow me to the docks where you will meet your accompanying comrades and begin your voyage to Equestria. I see you have your belongings. Then let us proceed." She turned and started down the hill towards the docks. The morning air was crisp and pleasant, not too warm and not too cool. I was, however, not all that busy enjoying it as I was more preoccupied with the fact that I may never feel the morning here again.

After about 18 minutes or so of walking we arrived at the docks. Different ships streamed in and out of the little port all the time. Goods from the factory were sent out to military and metropolitan areas all the time. Some agricultural goods were shipped out here too, but that's not really what the town is about anymore. Anyway on the dock was something very much not griffin made. It was what appeared to be a ship made of crystals... cause apparently buoyancy doesn't apply anymore! Either way there were a whole bunch of colorful ponies rushing about on its deck gathering good for what I can only assume would be my trip to the pony lands, this Equestria.

"Your ship is the... crystal one..." She spat, clearly not enjoying the design ascetic of the vessel. She started to turn. "May the State help you, so you may help the State." And with that she was headed away, actually taking wing and flying away from the crazy pony vessel. I slowly walked up the dock, still wondering how the thing didn't capsize and sink when a pony with a horn wondered up and looked up at me questioningly. I looked back down at it, well her... or him... can't exactly tell, it was pink and I hadn't even really heard much about ponies, let alone saw one.

"My name is Never Doldrums and I am the captain of this vessel! I am very excited to meet you and hope to make your trip to Equestria the most pleasant trip EVER!" Her exuberance was a slight bit scary. Sure hope they aren't all like that!

"Er... the name is Macksis, but most just call me Blowtorch." I sheepishly replied, scratching the back of my neck.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Blowtorch! Please follow me aboard!" She nearly shouted. Seriously though, the cheeriness of that caliber was way over the top. She led me aboard the ship, which I could feel now was gently pitching in the waves. Once aboard she explained about their journey there and how things went smoothly. I was to be honest not all that interested. I didn't want to be here, I wanted to stay in my little house in town. Soon enough though ropes were pulled in and we set sail for Equestria as it was called.

The voyage there was not nearly as smooth as theirs was to the Griffin Kingdoms. I don't really want to recall how much I puked either. It was NOT a pleasant time. Either way that's how I got here. Standing on the docks of a strange place they call Equestria.

Author's Note:

Hiya y'all! Author here to tell you to please leave any and all feedback in the comments! I love to hear what you guys think! And please feel free to post what you think Blowtorch should do next, it might just make it into the next chapter!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment