• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 1,129 Views, 64 Comments

A Dinky Love Story - Cryptid-Kid



Dinky Doo and Rumble have always been best friends, and Dinky doesn't look at it any further than that, but all this could change soon.

  • ...
2
 64
 1,129

Epilogue

She got to see him more than she realized.

Of course there was the day when it was time for them to part, when all that crying and wailing and pleading made their time worthwhile; every single precious moment together was like a gem filled with irreplaceable memories - one that she would never forget.

She had kissed him, gently on the mouth, whispering softly in his ear and tugging on his scarf lowly with her aura, "Come back and visit soon."

His purple gaze flicked between the mare he loved and the crowded steps of the university - covered with jocks and bookworms and ponies of all sorts saying goodbye to their dear loved ones.

Rumble had only responded by the single tear rolling down his face as he forced himself to put on a weak smile - for her only. "I will. You know I will. And thanks for coming out to say goodbye to me."

Dinky's mouth slowly curved up to match and mirror his broken smile. "Good luck. Don't do anything stupid."

Rumble laughed softly at his girlfriend's expression. "No promises. And keep an eye on that Pipsqueak for me."

They had shared one last kiss before he turned and set out for the next step ahead of him - quite literally this time, as he had to walk up a couple of flights of stairs before he actually got to the doors of the university...

Dinky watched him go, a brave smile planted on her face - and it was most likely going to stay this time. She watched his silver figure dart out of sight and slip into the shadows of his college doors.

He was her Rumble.

She stood alone, turning over her golden locket subconsciously as she stared at the creaky old door to her safe haven of the bedroom. A warm smile was brought to her lips as she could smell the fresh pine needles reaching out to her from downstairs, and the lovely scent of gingerbread baking in the kitchen - hopefully not her mother's doing.

A quick glance downstairs filled her with warm happy memories, nostalgic evidence from her childhood. A great big pine tree scraped the ceiling, decorated and coated with sparkles, shiny red and green ornaments, stars, and the like. She couldn't help feeling a rush of pride as she noticed how good of a job her family did in decorating the house for Hearth's Warming.

The creaky walk down the stairs was nothing to her as a figure caught her eye, its frame glittering softly in the mid-daylight. As she approached the figure, its shape became more and more recognizable to her - it was the old photo of her father, smiling softly at the camera, mane slick and wavered back, light hitting the most delicate areas.

"Happy Hearth's Warming Eve," Dinky muttered softly under her breath to the fresh spirit embedded in the lifeless inanimate object.

She pressed a short kiss to the frame, bittersweet memories that never happened overwhelming and caressing her senses.

The doorbell rang.

Dinky barely turned around, eyes finding it hard to take their gazes off the photo depicting her lost loved one. But she had already began to tread across the soft blue mat connecting the tree to the door, and before she knew it, the touch of a blizzard had started to envelope her in its ghostly chilliness.

The wooden door had slung open to reveal the athletic shape and build of a pony who had caught her eye a year ago, the freezing pegasus smiling gleefully up at her while his hooves were buried in snow.

"Rumble!"

Without even thinking, her arms had found themselves already flung over his shoulders, nearly pushing off the scarf lazily slung over his neck as she felt him hug her back with equal joy.

"I wasn't expecting you," she sighed softly into his ear before pecking him lightly on the side of his ice-cold face.

"I had to make sure I came home in time to see you," the pegasus replied simply.

She stood staring at him for a minute, forgetting that they were both standing outside in the midst of what felt like a small blizzard. Then Dinky snapped back to reality almost as fast as she had drifted off from it.

"Oh! Right. Come inside," she laughed shortly, and he took her hoof as the happy couple returned inside, where they would both warm up at last.

He was home, and so was she.

Author's Note:

Well, that's the end of that.

Thanks for supporting me!

Comments ( 7 )

And so the story ends ladies and gentlemen, I hope it was as enjoying to you as it was to me. But now what will we see next? Perhaps a story about amythest, or more one-shots? Only time will tell.Good luck on the school year Rainbow (I have a feeling we're all gonna need it), see you soon!
Lets finish off the summer with a bang, friends. This is Darius, signing off.

Truly a Dinky Love Story and Certainly worth the wait. Thank you!:yay:
[fireworks]

Y This NO Have more views and likes?!

Can I recommend that you put this into groups? If you put this story into a lot of groups, it'll get more views.

6326392 Thank you c:
Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks for the advice!

6326364 Aww, well thank you. Good luck to you too! I'm glad you liked my story, and I am looking forward to publishing new stories in the future! :pinkiegasp:

This story made my day thank you so much this story is amazing that it needs more views

6423689 Haha thank you c:

jxj

Pretty good story. Have a like.

Login or register to comment