• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 9,739 Views, 513 Comments

Another Chance - Small Muffin



After being hit by the Elements Of Harmony, Sunset Shimmer is sent back in time the next day to a week before she went through the portal, and hopes to right some wrongs she has caused among CHS.

  • ...
21
 513
 9,739

Second Chances

Sunset Shimmer lay on her bed in her apartment, unable to sleep, with tears pouring from her eyes, as the events from hours ago filled her head.

She had planned it for weeks now, she was going to steal the Element of Magic, the most powerful Elements Of Harmony, and use it's power to finally get what she thought she deserved.
But when she obtained the Elements Of Magic, and all its magical energy was hers, it ended up being her downfall, as it was turned against her in mere moments, and Twilight, the one who had stopped her had returned home through a now sealed portal.

But that in particular wasn't what was getting to her. upon being drained of her power by the Elements of Harmony, she was shown just how evil she had been at CHS, in a split second everything she ever did there was shown to her in a new light, and she understood just how much misery she had caused over the three years she had been there.

As well as that, something Twilight had told her just wouldn't leave her head, "The magic of friendship doesn't exist just in Equestria, it's everywhere. You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours."

"I'm sorry Celestia, I'm so, so sorry." she sobbed to herself, "You were right all along, I wouldn't ever listen to you, but everything you tried to teach me, it was all right, and because of that I... I just want to see you again. I just want to say I'm sorry."

She had planned to return with Twilight and face Celestia, but she never got the opportunity to run, and she couldn't ask Twilight to take her back, she tried to kill her, there's no way she would ever help her after that. Now the portal was closed, leaving her alone, with no future in CHS anymore.

Twilight's voice continued to go through her head "...and tonight you've shown everyone who you truly are."

"Give me a chance, let me show you I can change." she said to the voice, not expecting and answer, which didn't come, leaving her in silence, "Please give me a chance." she whispered as she was finally able to close her eyes and drift off to sleep.


The next morning she was woken up by her digital alarm clock.

She begrudgingly turned to it, "Why is that going off, it's Satur-" she cut herself off when she saw that today was apparently a Tuesday, "Stupid thing, it's broken." she groaned as she turned it off and checked her phone, expecting to see a lot of hate-mail for her, only to notice that her phone gave the same date. "Huh, don't tell me this thing is busted as well."

She got up and went over to a small desk with a computer and many papers scattered all over it, sat down, and switched her computer on to see to that that two, was also giving the same date of Tuesday 11th.

"What's going on here?" she looked down at the papers and noticed they were all notes on the Elements Of Harmony, and all the recorded use of them, some true, but many were probably false, and she had no way of knowing which were which, "But... but I ripped these up last night, I threw them in the-" she glanced over at an empty bin "How is this possible."

Then a thought came to her as she quickly started looking through the notes.

"I don't remember reading anything in here about time travel, I've read these over and over again and I've never come across something like this, they can't do this, they can't!" she sat back in her chair and took deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself down.

"Okay, maybe they could, maybe they did, but it was never recorded because there was no way of knowing time travel occurred." she rationalized to herself, "But why me, why do this to me, and if they did do it, why didn't they send me back when they hit me last night?"

She got up and made her way to her small kitchen and made herself a small bowl of cereal to eat, and eventually decided that the only way to really know if she had been sent back in time was to go to CHS, if she was then there wouldn't be a huge hole in the front of the school, and if not then she would come back, its not like she would be wanted around there. So she quickly finished her breakfast, had a quick shower, got dressed and left for school in a hurry.


By the time she reached her final turning point before she could see the school she was almost completely out of breath. She had left later than usual and therefore had to run all the way to make up for lost time, but decided to catch her breath before she got there.

After about a minute she was ready to go, "Here goes nothing." she told herself as she turned the corner.
She was frozen in place when she saw the front of the school completely intact, "I've got it, a second chance."

She walked over to the portal and placed her hand on it, proving it was closed as her hand didn't go through it.

"If today really is the eleventh, then this should be open in a week," she smiled dimly, but it didn't last, as it fell when she turned to face the main entrance of the school, "and in ten days is the Fall Formal."

As she slowly approached the entrance, Twilight's voice from 'last night' returned "You can seek forgiveness, or you can forever be alone."

"Thanks Twilight, I guess I owe you one for this."

Author's Note:

Is it a good idea to start a new story when I haven't even finished my first story? Probably not, but oh well I'm gonna do it anyway.

Any and all criticism you have is appreciated.