• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 9,740 Views, 513 Comments

Another Chance - Small Muffin



After being hit by the Elements Of Harmony, Sunset Shimmer is sent back in time the next day to a week before she went through the portal, and hopes to right some wrongs she has caused among CHS.

  • ...
21
 513
 9,740

Building new bridges

Class had ended, and lunch time had arrived, as Sweetie and Applebloom walked, with a crowd of students, towards the cafeteria. A small vibration began in Applebloom's pocket, telling her she had a text. "That's probably Scoots." she pulled the phone out of her pocket, and read the new text to herself, "Yep, it's her."

"What does it say?" Sweetie asked.

Bloom raised an eyebrow at the message, "Uhh, apparently we're gonna have someone else sitting with us today."

"O...k. Did she say who?"

"No, sh-" suddenly, the crowd started to break apart in front of them, as everyone moved towards the lockers and walls, creating a pathway down the middle. "What the heck is going on down there?" Bloom asked.

Sweetie noticed the reason slowly approach, grabbed Applebloom, and moved the both of them to the wall. "It's Dust," she said, before noticing the wooden baseball bat in her hand, "And she's armed."

"What is she gonna do with that?" she asked, rather confused, "I know she thinks she's on top now, but if she hits someone with that darn thing, she'll be thrown outa here in no ti-"

Sweetie put her hand over Applebloom's mouth, "Shut up," She whispered.

Dust walked past with a huge grin, as she calmly whistled a tune to herself. Sweetie looked at the others around her, and noticed they all looked, off, from how they usually would. When Sunset walked through the school, she terrified everyone around her, there was no doubt about that, but now they looked, different.

As Dust turned the corner, the crowd began to move once more. Sweetie removed her hand from Bloom's mouth and wiped her hand. "What was that for?" Applebloom asked, giver her mouth a wipe. Sweetie didn't reply, instead she seemed to be lost in thought, looking down the hallway. "Hellooo? What is it Sweetie?"

"Nothing," she replied, "Anyway, can we go now? I'm getting hungry."

"Alright... then."


Silver Spoon and Scootaloo were sitting in the cafeteria, as a crowd of people began to come through the large door. Thankfully, they had come here before class ended. Scootaloo watched as they all seemed to barge their way in, "Glad I'm not part of that."

"Uh, yeah, I guess it sucks to have class before lunch," Silver replied weakly, not quite sure what to say.

"Relax will you," Scoot said.

"Oh, sorry," Silver sighed.

Scoot rolled her eyes, "It'll be fine, you'll see," she said reassuringly.

"You're sure they'll be alright with this?" she asked weakly, receiving a nod from the girl next to her. "If you say so."

"They'll be ok with it. I am after all, so why not them to?" she asked.

"So... We're friends now, right?" Silver asked.

"Uh, I guess so. I mean-" Scootaloo suddenly noticed, over Spoon's shoulder, Sunset sitting at a table on her own. Suddenly, in that one moment, all the doubt in her mind about Silver seemed to vanish. "You bet ya," she said, gently putting her arm around Spoon's shoulders.

"Thanks Scootaloo." Silver smiled.

Scootaloo removed her arm from Spoon's shoulder, "No problem Silv-"

"What is she doing here?" The two of them looked around to see Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, both rather confused.

"Hey girls." Scootaloo gave them a small wave, "Hope you don't mind, but I invited Silver Spoon to sit with us today."

"'Hope you don't mind?'" Applebloom repeated, "Did yall just forget who she is or something??"

"I know how this sounds, but you gotta trust me here," Scootaloo said.

Spoon looked down at the table. Suddenly, she felt like this wasn't going to end well. "I, uh..."

"Yeah, I know I said she was acting strange earlier, but this is..." Sweetie began.

"Yeah, yeah. I know, but..."

"Are you gonna say something or what?" Applebloom asked, turning her attention to Silver.

"I'm sorry..." she mumbled.

"What was that?" Sweetie asked.

"I, I said I'm -"

"Yall are gonna have to speak up a bit, cus I can't hear you." Bloom continued.

Seeing that Spoon was getting nowhere herself, Scootaloo stood up, went around the table, and pulled the two of them away. "Give us a minute Spoon." The three of them huddled together, "Alright, can I explain now?"

"Sure, go for it," Sweetie said.

"Right, I know this sounds lke the worst idea, ever. But give her a chance."

"You've gotta be kidding about that, right?" Applebloom asked, "What has she been telling you to get you to agree with this anyhow?"

"Something... that you girls need to hear for yourself."

"Come on Scootaloo, this is Silver Spoon we're talking about here. I really don't like this," Sweetie replied.

"Just look at her." the three of them each looked at the girl in question, who was looking at them, but then quickly diverted her gaze somewhere else. "You said it yourself Sweetie, she's been acting strange recently, right?" Sweetie didn't reply, "Just give her a chance will you."

"I... I still think this is some kind of trap." Applebloom replied, unsure of her own words.

"Alright, you want a reason, Bloom?" Scootaloo pointed over at Sunset, "There's your reason," she said confidently. "When you wanted to go talk to her before, we both thought that was a terrible idea, but you were right about it." Bloom didn't reply either, "One chance, just give her one chance."

"Alright," Bloom said reluctantly, "One chance. That's it." Sweetie nodded, and the three of them went back to the table, and sat down. Scootaloo sat next to Silver, with Sweetie and Applebloom opposite them.

"Soooo," Sweetie began, "Scootaloo said you... wanted to tell us something, right?"

Silver looked nervously at Scoot, who gave a small nod. Spoon smiled back momentarily, before turning back to the two in front of her. "I, I'm sorry... for everything." the two of them gave each other a small glance, "There's not much I can say except, I'm sorry for what I've done to you three." she looked down at the table, avoiding all eye contact.

"Well, alright... then," Sweetie looked at Scootaloo, "Uh, apology accepted," she said unconvincingly.

"Well, what can I do to make up for it?" she asked, "I'll do whatever you want." they didn't reply, "There's gotta be something I can do for you two."

"Uh, Silv, you might wanna..." Scootaloo said.

Silver looked up at them both, and reached her arms across the table desperately, "I'm sorry! You've gotta believe me! I'll do..." the two of them were looking behind her, both with rather embarrassed faces. "W-what?"

As she slowly turned around, she saw Diamond was standing right behind her, trying to contain her laughter. "She's what," Scootaloo replied.

Diamond burst out laughing. "Oh, you've... You've got be kidding me..." she wiped a tear from her eye, "Oh that was rich... That was brilliant Spoon!" she said mockingly through her uncontrollable laughs.

Spoon turned back around and looked back down at the table, "What do you want?"

"I just... Just had to see this... You looked so pathetic just then!" Diamond was slowly calming down, "The way you just reached forward like that. Priceless!!"

"Leave her alone will you!" Sweetie said. Looking around, it was clear to all of them that all attention in the cafeteria was now on them.

"I'm sorry..."

"Oh yes, just say that over and over again, I'm sure they'll believe you eventually," Tiara said, still laughing a bit, "Cus, it's really that easy isn't it."

"Don't listen to her Silv," Scootaloo said, as she noticed a couple tears begin to fall from her eyes. "Hey, Silver?"

"You've actually become the most pathetic person I know. I mean, to go so low, as to go to them for something... Wow you're desperate."

"Why are you doing this to her? I though you two were friends?" Applebloom asked.

"Key word, were. Not anymore. And why would I want to be friends with her now? I mean just look at her." she pointed to Spoon, "She's even more of a joke than you three put together."

"Shut up," Silver said.

"Um, what was that? I can't quite hear you." she hit the back of Spoon's head with the back of her hand.

"Don't touch me," Spoon said aggressively, as her hands slowly clenched themselves into fists.

"Oh, what are you gonna do? Cry some more? Go ahead." Tiara mocked.

"Do that again, and find out."

Scootaloo grabbed Diamond's shirt, "Just stop it will you! You've had your fun."

"What are you gonna do about it?" she kneed Scootaloo in the stomach, making her let go, and back off a bit. Dia turned back to Spoon, "Now where were w-" Suddenly, a chair came crashing down on Diamond, sending her straight to the floor.

"Get off her!" Silver ordered, as she dropped the chair next to her. "Good, now you're going to listen to me Dia... Got it."

"Hey, what's gotten in-"

"Shut up for a moment will you!" Tiara froze on the spot, unable to do anything but stare at the girl above her, whos eyes were a mix of tears, and rage. "Don't you ever come near us again Diamond. Understand?"

Diamond was suddenly terrified, the rage in Silver's eyes sent a shiver down her spine just looking at her. "Hey, c-c-calm down will you." Tiara said.

"Why should I? Because you tell me to? It's always you telling me what to do, isn't it? Never the other way around! You never listen to anything I have to say, do you!?!? Well you know what? I'm done with you."

"Spoon, I'm sorry alright, just calm dow-" she begged desperately.

"Still with the orders are we?" Spoon stepped on her stomach with all her force, as Diamond grabbed the foot, and tried to lift it off of her. "Well you can bark as many as you want, but I'm done listening to you now! I don't need you anymore!"

"Silv, that's enough!" Scootaloo said as she tried to pull her away.

"She's right, yall need to calm down, right now!" Applebloom continued.

"She gets the point, you can stop now!" Sweetie finished.

Finally, Discord, one of the science teachers, and the only one in the cafeteria, stepped forward. "Alright, alright, that's enough." He grabbed Silver's arm and pulled her off and away from Tiara, "As much as I'm enjoying this, I'm technically not allowed to let you both murder one another." Silver glared up at him, and Diamond crawled backwards. "Though, it looked more one sided to me."

"Come on Spoon, let's just go," Scootaloo said as Discord let go of her.

Silver nodded, "Remember Dia, don't you ever come near us again." She gave one last reminder before she walked away.

As the three crusaders, and Spoon made their way to the exit, Diamond looked around at everyone staring at her, some wanting to laugh, others just giving a blank stare. When she saw Sunset though, instead of staring, she simply shook her head, and looked away, as if she was disappointed. It was then, that it hit Tiara like a truck.

"I... I get it," she mumbled. She quickly got to her feet and ran towards the crusader. "Wait, Silv-" Silver turned her head, her hateful stare seemed to freeze Diamond in place. Applebloom gave Spoon a tap on the shoulder, as she then turned back around, and walked out, "W-wait I-" the four of them were already gone.

She suddenly understood what Sunset was trying to tell her the whole time, and what she meant, only now, it was to late. In one simple moment, she had lost the only friend she had ever had. Diamond fell to her knees, as tears began to fill her eyes. "I'm sorry Spoon..."