• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 9,740 Views, 513 Comments

Another Chance - Small Muffin



After being hit by the Elements Of Harmony, Sunset Shimmer is sent back in time the next day to a week before she went through the portal, and hopes to right some wrongs she has caused among CHS.

  • ...
21
 513
 9,740

Is it worth it?

The three crusaders left the library, and after making some distance from the door, they stopped and turned to one another.

"That went, better than I expected it to." Sweetie started.

Sootaloo nodded in response, "I knew it was a good idea. Nice one Applebloom." she swung her arm around Bloom, "Guess we really are her new favourites after all."

"I guess. Yall think she's ok? I've never seen her cry before." Appleboom asked, removing Scoots arm from her shoulder.

"Me neither." Sweetie replied, "I'm sure she'll be fine though, it's not like someone's gonna cause her trouble."

"What were you three doing in the library?" the three girls turned to see Pinkie smiling at them, "Oh, actually, is there any space in there? I've got homework due in in like, three minutes." she asked, making her way to the doors.

"Oh, hi Pinkie, actually you may not wanna go in there." Scoots said, remembering how Sunset almost punched her in the face moments ago.

"Why not," she laughed, turning her head to face them for a second, "what have you three done now?" just then the school bell went off, signalling the end of break. "Actually make that two minutes." she turned back and was about to push the door open, only to see it already was, and Sunset was in the door way. "Now I gotta get this do-. Oh, uh, hi Sunset." she quickly moved out the way, and noticed the smile on her face. "You're looking... happy."

"Never been better Pinkie." She replied calmly as she walked past, only to stop at the crusaders. "Thanks girls, I really owe you one." she said as she walked off.

"See, I told you she'd be fine." Scoots said, "Now we should get to class." the two nodded.

Pinkie poked her head into the library, "Wait, there's no one in... Were you talking to her?" she asked, pulling her head back.

"Yep. Now we gotta go, see you later." Sweetie said as the three of them hurried off.

"So the rumours are true after all." she said to herself as she hurried in to do her work.


Sunset was walking though the corridors, heading to her class, with the same smile she gave Pinkie, a new fire burning within her.

I've done it, I've really done it! I did something good, something that helped someone, helped three people, and it was so easy, so simple. Is this what Celestia was trying to teach me all alo- her thoughts were cut short when she bumped into someone, bringing them both to the ground. "Oh, sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I-"

"Please don't hurt me Sunset, I'm sorry I got in the way I'll move now, I'm so so sorry!" Sunset rubbed her head and looked up from the floor to see a terrified Fluttershy shaking behind one of her books.

"It's ok, I'm fine." Sunset said as she got up, and helped Fluttershy to her feet. "You ok?" she asked, expecting her to run off right now. Fluttershy just nodded, still trembling, and avoiding all eye contact with Sunset. Is this really what I do to her? I need to say something. "Well, sorry about that. Guess I'm just a bit, reckless today." she joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh no, d-don't blame yourself, I was... I was in the way. It's not your fault." Shy replied, backing away slowly. "I'm sorry for wasting your time. I'll just, just go now."

For a brief moment, they made eye contact, and Sunset saw all the fear and pain in her eyes, pain she had personally caused her. This was the one who had it the worst out of everyone here, and Sunset just tried to joke with her like nothing.

She took a step closer to Shy, "Fluttershy, I'm so sor-" before she could finish, Fluttershy was already on the other end of the corridor, she had started running as soon as Shimmer stepped forward. I'm so sorry for everything.


Applebloom and Applejack arrived home from school, and made their way into the living room. Strangly, Applejack had been near enough silent on their way home, despite Appleblooms many attempts to start a conversation.

"Alright! What's wrong with you? You've barley said a darn thing to me." Bloom got no answer, "Come on Applejack, did something happen today? Did I do something?"

"Applebloom, can I ask you something?" AJ said, breaking her silence.

"Finally! Sure, go ahead."

"Were you talking to Sunset at break today?"

Applebloom felt slightly worried, "Um, well you see I-"

Applejack pulled her phone out and opened a text. "Please tell me this ain't true." she showed Applebloom the text.

AJ, I'm afraid the rumours were true, Applebloom and her two friends were talking to Sunset in the library at break.
PP.

"Please tell me she's lying to me sis." Applejack said with a scared tone in her voice.

"She ain't lying, we did talk to her earlier." Bloom answered, as she looked down at the floor.

"Why?" AJ asked, "Why would yall get involved with her?"

"We just wanted to say thanks, thanks for getting Tiara and Spoon off our backs. Thats all I swear." she answered, taking a seat and removing her bag.

"Applebloom you and I both know that she ain't nothing but trouble. Yall should stay away from her if you know what's best for you!" Applejacks voice turned more demanding.

"I know, but she-"

"She ain't worth the trouble! Sure she can keep them two off ya, but she'll send em right back in an instant and you know it!"

"Something was different about her today." Bloom replied.

"How so?" Applejack asked, taking a seat next to her sister.

If there's anything I can help with, anything at all, just ask, ok?

"She said she'd help us If I needed it." Bloom answered.

"That's a lie and you know it. You can't trust her, ok?" Applebloom didn't answer, "Ok?"

"Alright, I won't get involved wih her, you're probably right anyway, you always are." Applebloom got up and made her way out of the room, only to stop in the doorway. "Have you ever seen her cry before?" she mumbled.

"What did you say?" Applejack turned to her, not quite hearing her.

"N-nothing, later sis." Applebloom darted upstairs, and into her room.


Sunset lay on her bed, questioning what to do with herself until the portal opens.

"What do I do?" she asked herself, "Do I stay or go? Is there really anything I could fix?"

We just wanted to say thanks is all. The crusaders words came to her, a reminder that she had done something to help.

"There is! There is and I know it, I did it once and I'll do it again." she answered herself, sure that she could do something.

The look in Fluttershys eyes came back to her as well, a reminder of all she had done. "Oh who am I kidding, I can't do anything about it, I've done to much to fix it all before the portal opens." she sighed, "Just wait till Tuesday, and leave." She sighed again, "Is it even worth it in the first place? Why am I even bothering, I'm leaving for Equestria anyway, so what's the point in trying to make something here?"

The crusaders words came back again, Yep, we just wanted to say thanks. So thanks Sunset. she felt the same warmth from earlier, and with it, came a spark of determination. It was then she came to a decision.

"One more day. One more chance tomorrow." she went over to her desk and looked at her timetable for tomorrow, before getting a few pieces of paper from her desk, and writing names on them, the names of everyone she had class with tomorrow. She then stuck each piece to her wall.

She grabbed a dart from the clutter underneath her bed. Tomorrow I'll help whoever this is nearest to, somehow. If not, then I give up. she closed her eyes and threw the dart at the papers on the wall. She walked towards the wall and opened her eyes. She was horrified at the result.

Trixie.

Author's Note:

Any and all criticism is appreciated.