• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 9,739 Views, 513 Comments

Another Chance - Small Muffin



After being hit by the Elements Of Harmony, Sunset Shimmer is sent back in time the next day to a week before she went through the portal, and hopes to right some wrongs she has caused among CHS.

  • ...
21
 513
 9,739

Journey to the unknown

"Aaahh!" Twilight woke up in a panic, as she quickly looked around the room she was in. After about ten seconds she had calmed down, and remembered she was in her room in the Crystal Empire castle.

She fell backwards onto the bed. "That was quite the dream," she told herself as she looked over at the clock on the wall. "Midnight. Guess I wasn't out for long." She looked down at Spike, who was sound asleep in his small bed next to hers.

She got down off her bed, and walked on over to her room door, "I need a drink, that should help." she was about to open it when she heard the sound hoofsteps outside her room. Who's that? Cadence said there wouldn't be any guard patrols tonight. she put her ear to the door and listened, she definitely wasn't hearing things.

Has someone broken in? Trust it to be on the night there are no guards. she opened the door and had a peak out her room, and saw the pony who had walked past her room. "Princess... Celestia?"

She turned around as Twlight stepped out of her room. "Twilight? Sorry, did I wake you?" she asked as she walked over to her.

Twilight sighed with relief, "No, I just got up. I thought someone had broken into the castle for a moment."

"Broken in? Why in all of Equestria would you think that?" Celestia asked worriedly.

"Because I... I just had a bad dream, I guess it's nothing though." she replied, rather embarrassed.

"Twilight, is everything alright?" Celestia asked, concerned for Twilight.

"I'll be fine, but, what are you doing up so late?" Twilight asked.

"I..." Celestia froze for a moment, "I need to go somewhere. I won't be gone long, in fact I'll be back by morning." she said, as she began to turn back around.

"Where are you going?" Twilight asked, tilting her head.

"I need to go meet somepony, that's all. You don't need to worry Twilight, I promise." Celestia replied, hoping Twilight would go back to her room.

"Who is it?" she asked, now even more curious.

"She's a previous student of mine." Celestia told her, "Her name is Sunset Shimmer."

"Sunset Shimmer!" Twilight repeated, eyes wide with astonishment.

"Twilight? What is it?" Celestia asked, wondering why Twilight would react in such a way.

"I know that name." she replied, "I was just..."

"You have?" she asked, "But she's been gone for a very long time now." she said to herself, not that Twilight didn't hear her.

"...That dream I just mentioned, she was in it." Twilight replied, as she tried to remember some of the details. "I think."

"What? That can't be, you must be thinking of someoth-"

"The mirror." Twilight interrupted. Celestia was immediately silent, "At the end of this hall, there's a room with a mirror in it isn't there?"

Celestia knew this couldn't be a coincidence, and that Twilight's dream was more likely akin to one of her own visions that she got from time to time, "Yes there is. Follow me."

She lead Twilight down the castle hallway, and into one of rooms near the end, inside was a rather large mirror. "Do you know what this mirror is, Princess Twilight?" she asked in a much more serious voice.

Celestia addressing her as 'Princess' in such a way told her this was no small matter. "it's..." Twilight approached the mirror and placed a hoof on the glass, "It's a portal, right?" the tip of her hoof went through the glass.

"Do you know what's on the other side?" she asked, "I've never gone through it myself."

"It leads to an alternate version of Equestria." she began, "It's hard to explain, and I don't quite remember the whole thing, but..." she turned back at Celestia, "...She's over there, isn't she?"

"Yes, I'm going over there to see her now." Celestia walked over to Twilight and the portal, "Twilight, could you accoumpany me over there?" she asked, a slight hint of desperation in her voice.

"Of course I will," Twilight replied, "I'm just as curious as to what's over there myself."

"Thank you Twilight," Celestia gave a slight smile, however it faded rather quickly. "In this, 'dream' of yours, is she alright?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure she'll be fine." she replied as she and Celestia walked through the portal.


"That was... something." Twilight was laying on the ground, feeling a bit dizzy after going through the portal. She opened her eyes, and had a look around her, she was next to a strange, yet familiar looking body. "Princess? Is that you?"

"Twilight?" Celestia opened her eyes and looked over at her, and was shocked at what Twilight now looked like, "What happened to you? You don't have your horn, or your wings."

"The same thing that happened to you. You're missing yours too." Twilight slowly stood up, unknowingly on her two legs, and had another look around her. "This is definitely the place."

Celestia, just as slowly, did the same, and stood up next to her. "Are you sure? Where even are we?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't really kn-" her eyes were fixated on a very large building in front of them. "She's in there."

"What! Are you sure?" Celestia asked.

"I'm sure, I know that place." the two of them approached the large building, and Twilight opened the main doors.

As they both cautiously walked in, Celestia looked around the empty main hall, "This place is a... school."

"Where is everypony?" Twilight asked herself.

"Lets just have a look around for her." Celestia replied, "I get the feeling we shouldn't be here."

The two of them walked through the school, checking all the rooms they came across, but they were all empty. "Twilight are you sure she's here? This place seems rather empty."

Twilight stopped suddenly when she came to a locked room, with a name plate on it, "Hey! look at this." Celestia walked up to the door, and read the plate.

Principal Celestia.

"So this is... your school? But that doesn't make an-"

"Hey sis." they both turned around to see someone standing behind them. "I thought you were in the gym already?" Celestia was speechless as she slowly realized who this was. "What? Is something on my face? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Twilight gave Celestia a little nudge, and tilted her head towards the door. "H-have you got spare key for this door? I appear to have lost mine?" Celestia asked.

"You lost them? Well that's a first." she threw her a key, "It's not like you to lo- And who are you?" she asked, finally noticing Twilight.

Twilight froze for a moment, "Me? I... Um, you see..."

"She's thinking of enrolling here, I'd just like a word with her first," Celestia interrupted as she opened the locked door.

"I see. Well see you later," the person said as she turned and walked away.

They both let out a sigh of relief. "Was that... Princess Luna?" Twilight asked.

"It would appear this world has counterparts for us here." Celestia replied as she opened the door. "Now Twilight, why were you so interested in this room? We shouldn't waste time here, I don't like this place."

Twilight walked in the room and over to the fairly large desk. "Because this office belongs to the head of this place, so if Sunset is here, then here is where we'll find out." she replied opening one of the drawers and pulling out a few book.

"I can't say I agree with your way of thinking Twilight... but it probably is the best course of action." she reluctantly said as she picked up one of the books and starting looking through it.


"Here." Twilight said as she set the book down on the table. "Sunset Shimmer. Homeroom number A5." she looked up a Celestia, "She's here."

"That's good to know. Thank you Twilight, now how do we get her attention?" she asked.

Twilight looked around the room, and took notice of a small box with a button and a microphone on it. "What's this?" she pressed the small red button, and spoke into the mic, "Um," she removed her finger from the button, as she heard her voice outside in the corridors.

"I think this, device allows you to speak a message throughout the entire building," Celestia said, giving Twilight an idea.

"I got it!" she said excitedly, as she pressed the button again. "Can Sunset Shimmer please proceed to the main hall." Once again, her voice could be heard in the corridor outside. "I think that worked. Now come on!" Twilight said as she excitedly got up.

"Right," Celestia replied as she and Twilight left the room, and went back the way they came.

They both arrived back at the main hall, to see a lone girl frantically looking around. "Is... that her?" Twilight asked, noticing a bright smile on Celestia's face.

Celestia rubbed away a single tear from her eye, and took a deep breath. "Sunset Shimmer."

The girl turned around, and moments later, fell to her knees. "P... Princess?"

Celestia walked towards her, "It's so good to see you again Sunset. It's been so long."

Author's Note:

Preread by Lord Nopony and Twilight_Shimmer.

Probably one of my worst chapter, why? Because it's a Celestia chapter, and I'm terrible with the princess's, so... yeah.

Still, as always, any and all criticism is appreciated (No I will not stop putting that at the end of each chapter, ever.)