• Published 13th Sep 2015
  • 9,288 Views, 486 Comments

The 7th Element. Season 1: The Magi-Tech Pony - Rojack79



Follow Gadget, a changeling who is actually a human, as he sets out on a quest to live his new life in Equestria to it's fullest.

  • ...
61
 486
 9,288

PreviousChapters Next
Act II Chapter 2: Of Party's and Escape Plans.

Canterlot, Same Time as The Party.

While Princess Nightmare and Gadget were having the living daylight's scared out of them by Pinky Pie's party planning preparation's, Princess Celestia was residing over a very important event of her own. The Trial of her "sister's" would be violator's. She shuddered both at the thought of what they going to do to her and the thought of Nightmare now being her sister. That was something she would have to get used to. That was the main reason for sending her to ponyville. To give Celestia the time to get adjusted to the thought of Nightmare as a sister. She had hoped this trial would be the first step toward's that process. Kneeling before her was the ring leader of the the group Commander Vice Grip.

"Well Commander, do you have anything to say about you or your troop's despicable action's?" The commander nodded his head. No.

"Very well then. In that case the date for both you and your squad's sentence's shall be carried out on the 3rd of March." She motioned for the guard's but the commander looked up.

"Your majesty a moment?" He inquired. She looked at him fury. He shrank back a little bowing his head in submission. "Your majesty i know after what i and my squad have done there is no way we can be forgiven. But could you please find it within your heart to show a little mercy?" Celestia thought for all of a second.

"No." She said coolly. Then she got up motioned for her guards to take the prisoner back to his cell's and left the counsel chamber's. Once she was away from the public safe in her tower she broke down in tear's. Never in all her rein as princess had she ever had to do so cruel an act as to deny a prisoner a last request. But when she thought of what those vile creature's were going to do, righteous fury took hold. She had some small amount of pity for Private Search Light. When they had rushed him to the infirmary he was barely alive and his he was no longer a Pegasus. Nightmare may not have had her magic but she still managed to rip his wing's off.

"Sister what ale's thee so?" Princess Luna had just finished her evening fly over of Equestria and had returned to her tower when she felt her sister's anguish through there bond. She came to her sister's chamber's to see her crying hysterically.

"Oh Luna." She said trotting up to her sister and nuzzled her affectionately. "There is so much to be done now. You have returned but so has--" She couldn't bring herself to speak her name out of fear of unjust anger. She instead shrugged and went on with her list of worry's.

"In the wake of your return there is so much to do. We will have to get you adjusted to the new world. We will have to make space for a new princess." She looked up to her sister who was wearing a smile.

"Oh Celestia thou doth not have to trouble thine self with our problem's." She said laying a wing over her sister embracing her in a soft hug.

"But sister you have been away for so long. How will you be brought up to speed in the way's of the world if i'm---" Luna brought a hoof to Celestia's mouth.

"Dear sister we do not with to be a burden unto thee. We have had a thousand year's to look back upon our mistake's and we have come to the conclusion that we did not handle it the best way." Luna though about it then shook her head.

"Nay we handled it like a foal. Not an adult, of which we are now. No dear sister we shall handle our adjustment's ourselves. You alone shall not carry our burden." Then an idea struck Luna.

"And as for our new sister. Well we shall be paying her a visit shortly." Luna said with a smile. Celestia was slightly taken by surprise.

"Luna do you already consider, Nightmare--"

"Midnight."

"What?"

"Her new name." Celestia looked at Luna in curiosity. Luna continued.

"We have hence forth decided to not associate this new being with the evil tyrant we once were. So we have come up with a name we thought would be suitable for her. So we have come to the conclusion to name her Princess Midnight." Celestia thought about it. she liked the name. It had some her foe's old feel to it but at the same time it felt like a new start for the newest addition to her family. She could get used to it. She chuckled to herself. She would have to send Gadget a letter detailing the new change to his charge's persona.


Back in ponyville.

Gadget had stepped back from the bright flash and heard the sound of various voice's shouting "Surprise!" at the top of there lung's. Then the whole room went silent. Luckily Gadget's vizier went black at the bright flash so he wasn't blinded. He saw the expression on all of the pony's face go from one of happiness and joy to one's of confusion and hesitation. So far so good. At least no pony's running away screaming. Then pony's began to mutter.

"Who is that?"

"Is she related to the Princess's?"

"She's new in town!"

"She's very pretty." A few stallion's commented. Nightmare looked upon the party goer's with confusion. Why are they all starring? Do they not remember me?

"What?" She asked the crowd. "Did you all forget about the feared Nightmare Moon so quickly?" Gadget went white as a sheet. CRAP!! FORGOT ABOUT THAT! The girl's were there and they all began to stare at the strange mare calling herself Nightmare Moon. Then Nightmare unfurled her wing's and the whole room erupted into chaos.

"OH No!"

"She's back!"

"Everypony run for your live's!" The whole party pony's began to surge out of any available exit they could find that was not blocked by Nightmare Moon. Pretty soon the whole place was cleared of any pony save for the main six Gadget and a stunned Nightmare. Wow. They can really clear out when they want to. She thought. She simply shrugged and went to a table to sample a pastry.

"Wow. These are good." As Nightmare munched on a cupcake the girls, save for pinky, all rounded on Gadget who was sitting there looking around the place wondering how the party had died so quickly.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!" Twilight scolded.

"Dude what were you thinking!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Are you ok Sugar cube?" Aj asked.

"Darling what ever did you think of bringing that most audacious villain here with you?" Rarity said.

"Um i was wondering why she's here?" Fluttershy asked timidly. Gadget was bombarded with question after question and he finally held up a hoof silencing them. Pinky began to chuckle and the whole group looked at her.

"Oh girl's." She said laughing the whole way. "This party was meant for Nightmare silly filly's." The girl's and gadget all looked at her with confusion. Then Gadget remembered who this mare was. His question died in his throat coming out as a strangled garble. The girl's all looked between Pinky and Nightmare who was now looking at a pinata of Her old self hanging from the ceiling.

"Sr Gadget?" She asked. Gadget's head snapped to attention and he saw what she was staring at.

"Yes?" he said suppressing a chuckle as Nightmare gingerly poked the pinata with a hoof.

"What is this effigy for?" She said looking at him.

"That my dear princess is a pinata. It is full of candy and them beaten with a stick to get the candy out." He saw Nightmare's face pale a little. Then her horn lit up and the pinata burst into flame. At the site of the flame Gadget's mind went blank. Suddenly he was engulfed in the familiar sensation of burning alive. He began to scream as his fur was purged from his body. Then his flesh. Finally his bone's became not but ash on the wind.

"Gadget!" The voice snapped him out of his P.T.S.D induced hallucination and brought him back to reality. The girls were standing over him with concern on there face. Even Nightmare was there to looking concerned as well. He got up as the group let him have his space. Nightmare was the first to speak.

"Sr Gadget are you OK?" She asked her voice soft. He looked at her and smiled weakly.

"Huh. Yah. I'm fine." He thought about it for a sec. "come on let's get some cake he said putting on a fake smile. The girls all stared after him. Even Nightmare was looking at him with worry on her face. As Gadget made his way to the food table's Nightmare made her way after him. He got a little bit of everything on a plate and sat down at a nearby table. The girls were still sitting in the middle of the bakery looking at both Nightmare and Gadget.

"I just don't get it?" AJ Said.

"Yah i know." Twilight added.

"It's kind of hard to believe that she is Nightmare Moon."

"Ye darling." Rarity said. "If not for the wing's i would not have believed it."

"Why didn't the princess's just banish her in the moon again?" Rainbow asked. The group thought about it. Then Fluttershy piped up.

"Did Nightmare call Gadget Sr?" The pony's thought about this to.

"Wait?" Twilight asked.

"So doe's that?" Rainbow added. Rarity swooned.

"That make's him a Knight!" She said pulling her couch out of nowhere. The girls looked at Gadget closely and they saw his sword strapped to his back. They were all in shock. The only pony's able to carry weapon's were Celestia's royal guard's and Knight's. Knight's however were few and far between. To actually meet one was rare. To have one as a friend was even rarer. They were all awoken from there stupor by pinky.

"Hey girl's come on and join us!" She excitedly waved to the group from the same table as Gadget and Nightmare. The girls all looked at one another and shook there head's. They were all going to have to meet Nightmare sooner or later.

"Might as well get it done and over with." Twilight said to the group. They all shook there head's in conformation and headed over to the table.


Canterlot Royal Dungeon's.

Vice Grip was deep in thought. His last request was denied but his plan was still intact. His date was set for a month from now that would be plenty of time for his escape plan to work. He sat in his cell in the corner clutching his route to freedom, a single small seed. An apple seed to be exact. He cackled to himself.

"Oy be quit you." A guard said rapping the rune etched iron bar's. Vice turned toward's the guard his anti-magic shackle's clanking as he made his way to the guard.

"Oh guard. Can i have a simple glass of water?" He asked a sick smile on his face. The guard who could not see his evil grin, shook his head and let out a sigh.

"Sure." He said as he left to go and fetch some water for the prisoner's. He couldn't very well have them die on him from thirst. Vice just grinned as he lounged in his little cot. His plan would come to fruition and he and his squad would finally be free. Then he would show the Princess's just how vile this Nightmare Moon was. Once he tracked her down he would finally have his revenge on the pony that took away his family's dream's.


Back in the shadow's of a ponyville alleyway.

Swift Wing looked at his target's with a smile on his face. Well it look's like there all getting together swimmingly. He brought his hoof up to his ear piece and tapped the send button.

"Control this is Swift Wing reporting in." His line was silent for a sec.

"This is control. What's the situation?"

"Just reporting in that the target is integrating into the party with positive result's."

"Really? That's some good new's. Is that all?"

"Yes. That is all for now. Swift Wing over and out."

"Control copy's all Swift Wing. Over and out." Swift wing leaned back on his cloud resting from his first day of surveillance. He could get used to this job.

PreviousChapters Next