• Published 13th Sep 2015
  • 9,288 Views, 486 Comments

The 7th Element. Season 1: The Magi-Tech Pony - Rojack79



Follow Gadget, a changeling who is actually a human, as he sets out on a quest to live his new life in Equestria to it's fullest.

  • ...
61
 486
 9,288

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1: Crash Landing.

Date, Time, and Location: Unknown.

I have to admit I never imagined in all of my years I would end up burning to death. But apparently death is not some grand release from my torment because i can still feel the flames licking at my body. And to top things off i can also feel the sensation of wind rushing past me.

Wait? What! My brain somehow manage's to reboot amidst the chaos of pain and overwhelming sensation of feeling returning to my body. My eye's snap open to a sight that i really don't want to see. The ground. Oh and more fire. Green fire. All around me.

What the hell is happening to me? That is the first thought that go's through my mind. Not oh hey the ground is getting closer. Not how in the hell am i still alive after very literally going through the fire and the flames of possibly hell itself. No my first sane, thought is what in the hell is happening to me.

WAY TO GO BRAIN!!

As i continue to fall to my second death in the span of oh lets say all of two seconds i begin to wander if god hates me.

What did i possibly do to deserve this. As my brain continues to analyze my situation my eye's scan the ever growing ground, flying at me at 200 MPH. I can see a forest below me.

OH GREAT!! My brain shouts.

As if getting set om fire wasn't bad enough. Now i get to crash into the ground at terminal velocity.

My eyes scan the area around me rapidly looking for any thing that could help. Though the sheath of flame around me i can make out what look's like a small town to the east.

Well that helps. At least someone will hear my screams of pain and agony.


Meanwhile at ground level a unicorn couple was having a night time picnic under the stars. They were in a small clearing out in White Tail Woods, telescope pointed towards the darkening night sky. There was supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, the last one for the next 20 some odd years. And the newlywed couple had front row seat's. Ones were there view wouldn't be obstructed by other pony's or by the light's from the many house's that made up the small town of ponyville.

"Oh honey come and look at this!" Sky Diver said to his wife. "Quick i think it's starting!"

Ruby Rose trotted to her husband's side as the first star blazed to life, streaking across the horizon, a vivid green aura trailing behind it.

"Oh wow sky. This is so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Sky said looking into his wife's hazel eye's.

She looked away from her husband trying and failing to hide her blush which briefly tinged her normally brown furred cheeks a deep scarlet color.

"Oh sky." Ruby said looking her husband in the eyes.

"You are suck a flatterer you know that?" She said roping her foreleg around his shaggy blond mane.

As the couple continued there back and forth banter with one another the failed to notice the green comet getting closer to the ground, until...

"Sweetey? Do you hear something?" Rose said to her husband who was busy peppering his wife's neck with kiss's.

"Hum? No honey. The only thing i hear is the sound of sweet love calling my name."

"No honey, i'm serious. I really hear something."

Grunting in disapproval Sky left his wife's neck alone and swiveled his ear's so he could hear the noises surrounding them in the forest. His ears only picked up the faint sound of various animal life.

"Honey buns the only thing i hear is that stupid frog from four hours ago and some crickets chir----"

The rest of his sentence was cut off by the one thing can make the most hardened stallion cringe in fear. The cry of a foal in distress, and form the sounds of it incredible agony. The sound got closer to the couple who looked all over the clearing to locate the source of the noise. They both stopped when they heard a high pitched sound like that of a jet pass over head. Both looked up in time to see the green comet from before go sailing by and from the boom a few seconds later, crash into the forest floor.

The screaming foal was heard no more and the silence did not sit well with the two adults.

"H-h-honey? you don't think?" Sky spoke to his wife who just stood there, shock etched onto her face. With out a second thought Ruby Rose bolted towards the sound of were she thought the object had crashed.

Oh please! Oh please! Sweet Celestia please let the foal be OK!


I awoke to two things i had become very antiquated with recently. The first was white hot fire, rippling through my body with each beat of my heart, which i was quite frankly surprised it was even still beating. The second was a headache that could rival my greatest hangover for shear amount of brain splitting, mind numbing, pain. I could do nothing but lie there in my crater, which was still on fire, and wait for whatever fate had in store for me. Luckily i didn't have to wait long. Unluckily fate had a sick sense of humor.

I could't see what it was but something was growling at me. And it was getting closer. I opened my eye's to nothing but darkness surrounding me. My eyes roamed around my surrounding's to see dirt, rocks, and tree limbs.

Oh god! Oh god! Please don't do this to me. I tried moving a limb but stopped when the growling got more intense. What ever it was it must have been right next to my little hiding hole. I could hear the sound of sniffing around the edge's of my crater. Dirt began to fall down on top of me as whatever it was finally found me. My eye's opened this time to see something that i had not expected. It looked like a wolf.

But it's made of wood? Then it started to growl and my blood ran cold in my vein's. I could do nothing but lie there and watch as the creature descended the craters dirt wall. It stopped directly in front of me. I feebly raised my head to look at the being that would claim my life. I saw nothing but cold hunger in those bright green eye's. I did the only thing my fear crazed brain could think of doing. I screamed.


The foals screams cut through the air like a knife spurring the to adults on, even more adrenaline flooding there systems. A second later they found the trail of debris and followed it. When they go to the scene of the accident they were horrified at what they saw. There in the middle of a huge crater was a small colt, badly burnt from the looks of his jet black fur. The two adults took all of this in in a matter of seconds however as there attention was drawn to the instigator of the colts scream's.

A giant timber wolf was hulking over the colt, its mouth dripping with saliva, the promise of an easy meal blinding it to the danger of two full grown pony's poised to tear it to shreds if it dared to lay a claw on the little colt. Ruby Rose's screams of rage drew the creature's attention away from the colt but it was to slow to react to the mare's magic. Ruby focused a powerful magic projectile at the end of her horn. She towards the timber wolf and got between it and the colt. When she was right in front of the wolf she let her rose colored magic missile fly catching the wolf right in its open mouth.

The wolf was pushed back by the force of the spell and slammed into a tree. The wolf however never had a chance to recover, seeing as on impact with said tree its body was blasted to bits. But its remains were not sparred as they were incinerated as the magic ball continued to grind the wolf's rapidly disintegrating body into dust against the tree. The only thing left of the timber wolf was a giant burn mark in the tree were its body was pulverized into ash's. Sky Diver came up to his wife, a slight twinge of fear upon his face at seeing her kill another living creature like that.

"Uh sweetum's are y-you ok ?" He asked his voice dripping with hesitation at asking.

"I'm fine deary." She replied in a neutral voice. Her eye's were darting around looking for more wolfs while her ear's were listening for anything trying to sneak up on them. Her husband was doing the same. They both heard a rustling in the bushes to there left and spun around to face this new threat. As if peeling from the very wood of the tree's themselves three more timber wolfs melted from the confines of the forest to challenge the adults for the chance of a meal.

PreviousChapters Next