• Published 13th Sep 2015
  • 9,279 Views, 486 Comments

The 7th Element. Season 1: The Magi-Tech Pony - Rojack79



Follow Gadget, a changeling who is actually a human, as he sets out on a quest to live his new life in Equestria to it's fullest.

  • ...
61
 486
 9,279

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Test Run.

Dec, 31st, 999, C.E, Ponyville, Equestria.

"OK! Tomorrow is the big day!" Gadget said to himself as he strapped on his armor. He double checked his list of items.

"Lets see? The leg actuator's are good." He said flexing his legs.

All four of them hissed as he bent and the suit mimicked his movements perfectly, the small crystal battery pack on his back providing the suit with all of the power he would need for this test run. With his legs working he put a check mark next to them.

"OK lets see, mobility?" He trotted around his small room in his current resident's, the ponyville clock tower. The suit fit like a glove. The armor plating didn't feel heavy at all which prompted Gadget to open his door and go for a jog.

"Ok." He said after he got to the outskirts of ponyville.

"Mobility. Check. Next is the H.U.D and the Horn. His helmet was strapped to his head. It consisted of a basic helmet with a crystal horn, to cover his broken one, it was then connected up to his suit via a power cable running from the back of the helmet to the battery on the suits back. He used his magic to dictate the flow of the energy through out the suit channeling some of it to his helmet. His crystalline visor flicked down over his eye's and was illuminated by his Heads Up Display.

"OK so H.U.D. Works. Now lets see if my magic can be amplified." He closed his eye's and concentrated on diverting the power from the suit to his horn. Slowly he began to feel the familiar sensation of his magic at work. He opened his eye's to see a little bar on his H.U.D. indicating that his magical power level's were stable. He let out a breath that he was holding and continued. "OK now lets see if i can use it." He scanned around his surrounding's until his eye's caught site of a rock laying on the ground. He focused on that rock and let his magic flow through his horn. Slowly the rock began to move. Soon it was engulfed by his magic's green glow. He peeked an eye open and let out a triumphed squeal.

"Yes!" He shouted to the open air. He was so busy trotting in circles being excited for a successful test he didn't notice a small cloud make its way over to him.

"So what's gotten you so excited?" Came a raspy voice. Gadget spun around so fast he was sure if his suit wasn't on he would have gave himself ether whiplash or a concussion. He looked at the unexpected visitor with both embarrassment and enthusiasm.

"O-oh h-hey t-there r-rainbow d-dash." No! Stupid stammering! Gadget looked down at the ground thankful for the helmet hiding his blush, and finding an ant very interesting at the moment as his H.U.D. zoomed in on the insect, cataloging it for later use. He then thought that she would probably think he was being rude and quickly brought his head back up to her. She was sitting there on her cloud an eyebrow hiked up on her face as she studied his attire. Her look might has well as said, Dude what is your deal?

Not wanting to appear rude rainbow asked, "So...what is all?" She said pointing a hoof at Gadget. "Of this?"

Gadget looked himself over now feeling very self aware right now. He definitely didn't want to look like a dork in front of Rainbow dash of all pony's but that fear just sneaked up on him with a hatchet and buried it in his back.

Come on feather brain. Say something!

"Uh..nice weather were having today?" He said with a sheepish grin on his face. He shrank back a little as Rainbow's gaze went from surprised to confused.

Smooth one. Shut up, like you can do any better. I know i could. Oh shove it up your-- His thought were interrupted by rainbow's response.

"Uh ya nice weather." She said back. Then her eye's roamed from him to the sky to the ground and back to him.

"Oh um ya back to your question." Gadget said rubbing his head with a hoof, his armor making a grating noise as the two pieces of metal ground against each other. He cleared his throat as if making a formal announcement.

"This!" He said gesturing to himself. "Is the latest and greatest piece of technology to ever come--"

"Ya now i'm out."

"Wait what!?"

"I don't know if you've noticed but techno babel isn't my thing." Rainbow said as she began to depart with her cloud.

No! Come on now this is your chance to really impress her! THINK! Gadget's mind went over his long list of invention's he had created over the year's. Then his brain stopped on MK 6. MK 6 was a very experimental piece of tech. Hay it was barely out of the prototype stage of its development. But it might be just the thing he could need to catch the fast Pegasus's attention. And maybe, just maybe get him a shot at a date.

"Hey Rainbow wait up!" He called out to the pegasus.

"Look i know your a nice guy and all but i have place's to go and cloud's to nap on."

"Ya i know."

"What?" Rainbow looked at Gadget with a look of suspicion on her face.

"You haven't been following me have you?"

"What no. Of course not." Gadget said an innocent look on his face. Judging from Rainbow's deadpan look on her's she wasn't buying his answer.

"Look look i know i'm just a nerdy unicorn." Gadget said trying to keep the conversation on track. "And you are the fastest mare in equestria." He said feeding her ego.

" And you probably have better things to do." Gadget said looking away from rainbow. "But" He said hoping rainbow would take the bait. "I was just wandering if you could help me out?" Now rainbow was intrigued. She had wandered just what this unicorn was up to ever since he moved to ponyville several years ago. Now here he was asking her for her help. She would probably end up regretting this later but she decided to bite the bullet.

"OK egghead lets hear it." She said a slightly bored look on her face. She floated down to ground level and sat down in the dirt next to gadget. He in turn cleared his throat, more to get rid of any remaining doubt in his mind for what he was about to do. OK lets do this! He thought siccing himself up. He looked at dash who looked equal part's curious and sort of like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

"I Gadget hereby challenge you rainbow dash to a race." His face was a mask of false confidence and sure hoofed determination. It seemed that Rainbow was not expecting that however as her face was one of utter confusion and shock.

"So what kind of race we tal'kn about?" She said even more curious than before.

"A flying race." Gadget answered his face still as solid as steel. Rainbow meanwhile was processing this information. Then her face went into a wide smile.

"Ok what kind of joke is this?" Gadget's confidence faltered for a little bit but he held his head high as he answered her accusation.

"This is no joke rainbow dash. I need help with an invention of mine and you are the best pony to help me out with it." This stopped rainbows thought's of this whole thing being a joke. Then her face took on a look of suspicion once more.

"So what's the catch?" She said eyeing Gadget, studying his face for any form of deceit. He still held on to his confidence.

"I am going to be testing out a device of mine that will hopefully allow me to fly like any other pegasus out there." Rainbow's face scrunched up in thought.

"The only catch is that this device will run off of battery's and magic." Gadget said pointing to his suit of powerd armor. Rainbow looked him up and down. He was a small unicorn by most standards. But the look in his eye's was something she could relate to. She had seen it so often in her own when she would give herself pep talks in her mirror. She thought about it and then made her decision.

"OK so when and were are we going to do this?" She said relaxing her pent up excitement at the prospect of leaving this egghead of a unicorn in the dust.

PreviousChapters Next