• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 5,132 Views, 296 Comments

Blackest Knight - D34dly F1ng3r



A human appears in Equestria, seemingly under the control of Queen Chrysalis. Can he break her grip on him before he is forced to stain his own soul with evil?

  • ...
32
 296
 5,132

Boredom

Blackest Knight
Chapter 22

John chuckled as he woke. Luna had, once again, kicked him awake. He rose, his chest sore, and walked down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Twilight and Spike.

As he was finishing preparing two bowls of a salad, Spike walked in, bleary eyed. “Hello John. Thanks for making breakfast, saves me from having to do it.”

“You’re welcome, why don’t you go wake Twilight?”

Spike left to wake the unicorn. She walked in with a bleary glare at John. “I was having a good dream.”

“Was it about me?” John winked.

“Wha …” Her cheeks flushed and she threw a more intense glare at the human. “No.”

“Then it couldn’t have been that good.” John chuckled as he served the two bowls.

“Thanks,” Spike dug in.

“Thanks,” Twilight copied through red cheeks.

John stretched and his back popped audibly. A satisfied grunt followed. “What’s the plan today?”

Twilight finished chewing the bite she took before answering, “I was going to do some studies, so maybe you can find one of our friends to take you out on the town or something.”

John nodded, grabbed his sword from the guest room, and headed outside. He looked around, trying to decide what to do when he noticed a light green head poking around the side of a nearby building. He looked at it and it disappeared behind the building. He was beginning to think it was Lyra from the other day when she peeked back out and confirmed it. She ducked back behind the building, but John was more perceptive than she took him for. He decided to humor the mare and started down the street.


John had meandered through the town for some time when he spied a large cloud house. It seemed to move of its own accord. “If that’s not the house of a pegasus, then I’m Luna’s uncle,” John spoke to himself before calling up to the house, “Rainbow Dash!”

A cyan head with a rainbow colored mane peeked over the side of the house. “Who’s there?”

“Celestia’s long lost brother!” John called back the answer.

Rainbow jumped from the house and glided down to the human. “Very funny.”

“She banished me to the sun for a thousand years. I came back to meet the ladies.”

“Too bad they don’t want to meet you.”

They both laughed until John finally asked, “So you doing anything today? Twilight’s studying so she sent me out.”

“Of course she’s studying. I’m surprised she hasn’t written an essay about you yet. And actually, I wave weather duty this morning, and I don’t think you could help with that.”

John laughed, “I guess I’ll have to find some other way to spend the day then, until you teach me how to fly.”

“Right after you teach me how to stick my head up my plot.”

“Ah, that’s the easy part. The hard part is getting it back out.” They laughed again before parting ways.

John walked down to Sugarcube corner, still followed by Lyra, and braced himself. He stepped through the door. He started scanning every inch of the room. Mrs. Cake was standing at the counter and noticed his actions. “Don’t worry, Pinkie is busy baking today, and she can’t leave the kitchen.”

“Ah,” John answered. “Well, I was going to see if she was busy anyways, and I guess she is. I’ll get out of your hair then.”

“Alright, I’ll tell her you said …”

Mrs. Cake was interrupted by a voice emanating from the kitchen, “Hi John!”

John called back, “Hello Pinkie.” He turned back to Mrs. Cake, “I’ll take my leave then.”

He exited and decided to check Carousel Boutique. He noticed that Lyra was still following him, but she didn’t know that he knew. John knocked on the Boutique and heard Rarity call, “Come in!” John entered.

“Well, hello John!” Rarity greeted him as he stepped in. “What brings you here?”

“Twilight kicked me out of the library today,” John answered, “so I was just wanting to see if you needed any help or something.”

“Actually,” Rarity replied. “I’m still working on your clothes, and I really don’t want you to see them until they’re all finished, so I don’t think I can use your help today. It is much appreciated though.”

John paused before saying, “You’ve been working on them for some time now, just how many are you making?”

“Well, I actually am not making very many sets of clothes, only enough to last between laundry days, but the designs are ones I have never made before, so I’m taking my time.”

John narrowed his eyes, “Just don’t go overboard with them, I just need clothes to cover myself, not to attend fancy parties.” He left as Rarity became flustered and gibbering about how she didn’t know what he was talking about.

Shaking his head, John started on his way to Sweet apple acres. Fluttershy’s cottage was closer, but he thought she could use a break from excitement after the day before.

As he approached the farm, he could see Lyra trying her best to dash stealthily between the apple trees. She even did a little roll a couple times. One of the rolls rewarded her with an impact into a tree and an apple falling onto her head. She stopped the rolls after that.

John was approaching the farm house as a large red stallion with a stalk of wheat in his mouth exited. “Hello,” He greeted the stallion, who was about the size of Luna. “My name is John. I was looking for Applejack, is she here?”

The stallion looked at the human. “Eeyup,” He said simply, pointing to the farmhouse.

The two stood looking at each other. “Can I get your name?” John asked.

“Eeyup.”

John waited. He realized this stallion had as much sass as he did. “Alright smart guy, if I can get your name, what is it?”

The stallion grinned around the stalk of wheat. “Big McIntosh,” he said simply.

John offered his hand, and Big McIntosh shook it firmly with his hoof. “Not much of a talker, Big McIntosh?”

“Eenope.”

John chuckled, “I’ll leave it to you then.” He walked past the stallion and knocked on the door.

Applejack answered, “Oh, hello John, what brings ya’ll out here?”

“Oh, just a thrilling, thought provoking conversation with your talkative brother. I never thought I’d get him to shut up.”

“Big Mac? If he said more than three words to ya, then ya’ve gotten more from him than Ah have this morning.”

“Well, I guess I was lucky enough to get five, four different ones.” They chuckled before John asked, “So you doing anything today? I’m looking for something to do since Twilight seems to need the entire library to herself.”

“Well, me and Big Mac are bucking apple trees today, and we really don’t have the time to show ya how to do it today, otherwise ya could help.”

“Ah, that’s okay, I’ll find something else to do.”

John noticed a small yellow filly with red hair that had a large bow in it walk up behind Applejack. “Who’s this Applejack?”

Applejack looked down at the filly, “This is John. John, this is mah sister Apple Bloom.”

“Well hello Apple Bloom,” John said.

“Ya’ll said ya’ve got nothin to do today, right? How about you come crusading with us?”

Applejack threw a glare down at her sister, but John replied, “That sounds okay, but who is us?”

“Me, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo!” Apple Bloom replied.

“Well, I guess that sounds fun. What exactly is this crusading we will be doing?” John noticed that Applejack was shaking her head.

“We’re gonna try and get our cutie marks!” Apple Bloom jumped into the air, overjoyed that the human would accompany them.

John chuckled, “Well, let’s go then.” Apple Bloom started to lead him away from the farm house.

Applejack called to the retreating human, “Ya’ll are gonna regret this John.”

Author's Note:

Well, John is finally going to meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders!
Now taking suggestions for the next CMC catastrophe I mean crusade. :pinkiehappy: