• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 5,132 Views, 296 Comments

Blackest Knight - D34dly F1ng3r



A human appears in Equestria, seemingly under the control of Queen Chrysalis. Can he break her grip on him before he is forced to stain his own soul with evil?

  • ...
32
 296
 5,132

Curse

Blackest Knight
Chapter 2

John opened his eyes slowly. He could not feel anything below his neck, which held a dull throb akin to the throb in his head. Two blue orbs seemed to hover in front of him before his eyes slowly adjusted. The orbs slowly grew a head. John closed his eyes and shook his head. His eyes began to adjust to the darkness and John opened them to the sight of a mutated horse. The strange creature seemed to have the basic shape of a small horse, but had long white fangs, a webbed mane, a curved horn, insect-like wings, and a hard carapace. John’s mind was conflicted between insect and pony.

‘I have to be dreaming,’ John thought, ‘Right?’ John shook his head once more, opening his eyes once more to the strange being, but it was smiling this time.

“Think you’re dreaming or something?” the bug-horse said with a grin. John could only stare. He had never done drugs before, but he was sure this was what it would be like. Surely bug-horses did not exist, and they definitely wouldn’t talk. The hallucination spoke once more, “It seems you have no idea what I am,” it laughed. The voice seemed to be male, but John had no way to be sure.

“What are you then?” John replied. He might as well play along while the dream/hallucination lasted. He took a look around the room as well. It seemed like a small room, reminiscent of a castle, but almost seemed like a bee hive. He also seemed to be stuck in some form of goo, and could not move. His eyes returned to the bug/horse as it answered his question.

The … thing laughed again before replying, “I am a changeling of course,” the now identified changeling said, as if that was the most obvious thing in the world. “More importantly,” he continued, “I am the one chosen to take care of the Queen’s pet.” The changeling laughed again.

‘Pet?’ John thought. Only after the changeling looked at him did he realize he had spoken aloud as well.

“Of course you are her pet. The queen traveled to your world to collect a little human pet, and you are the one lucky enough to be chosen.” John did not feel lucky, but the changeling continued, “I was chosen to teach you your place before you officially serve her. I trust you are potty trained,” The changeling laughed at his joke.

“Better than…” John began his snide remark, but was unable to finish it as a blinding pain began to burrow into the base of his skull. John could only scream as the equivalent of a red hot sword seemed to be driven into the base of his brain. The changeling only sneered until John’s screams subsided. As the pain lessened, John was vaguely aware of the changeling laughing.

“It seems I do not need to punish you for your insolence now,” the changeling taunted while John returned to full awareness. “The curse has almost finished its duty, soon you will be bent to the will of the Queen.”

“What curse?” John asked through his panting. “What have you done to me?” John began to realize this was no dream or hallucination. The changeling only laughed and began to walk away before John was racked with more pain, worse than the last. The changeling only chuckled before returning to his regular duties.


John awoke several hours later, the pain still fresh in his mind. He had passed out during the fourth pain surge. He could only wait for another surge, but none came. He opened his eyes to find the room empty. He tried to break from the strange goo once again, but realized he could move anything below his neck. He looked around the room again, but nothing changed except the changeling was gone. This was soon remedied as a door opened, revealing another changeling. John realized this one was taller, had a long dark blue mane and tail, and the horn was longer and straight, but punctured like her legs. John felt her presence was familiar, but could not remember meeting a bug-horse/changeling before the one from earlier.

“Well, you’re awake.” The changeling’s feminine voice clicked with John’s mind, and he connected the voice with her traveling green cat eyes.

“You’re the one that kidnapped me!” John accused. The changeling only laughed at his accusation.

“Yes, but I had good reason.” The seductive tone slipped once more into her voice. John glared angrily at her. She began to walk around him, forcing him to turn his head until she disappeared behind him. “I’ve been a bit lonely,” she reappeared on John’s other side, and he continued his angry glare. “I needed someone to comfort me in the night.”

“Forget it.” John growled. He would not fail his girlfriend a third time. The changeling only laughed as she continued to circle him.

“You are too easy to tease John.” She chuckled darkly.

“Who are you? How do you know my name?” John’s anger only grew.

“My name is Queen Chrysalis. I am the queen of the changelings. And I know your name because I have been watching you,” Chrysalis stopped in front of John. “I do not need you to bed me, because I have a more important duty for you. I have seen the strength in you, and I have seen that there is something within you that will react positively with the enhancements.” Chrysalis continued her slow circling. The steady clopping was punctuated by their conversation as she continued, “Your strength, when amplified, will be exactly what I need to conquer Equestria.”

“What enhancements? What strength? What the hell is Equestria?” John’s angry questions elicited a chuckle from the queen. She paused before answering him, the only sound was the steady clopping of her hooves.

“Equestria is the kingdom ruled by the princesses Celestia and Luna. That kingdom will be mine once you are ready. As for the enhancements, you will see soon enough. And the strength is something inside of you that will allow you to survive the enhancements.”

“Survive?” John did not like the sound of that word. What exactly were these enhancements? And more importantly, even if he could help conquer a nation, how would she make him?

“You are not the first human chosen for the enhancements,” Chrysalis laughed. John just looked at the ground as she continued. “If you survive, you will be my tool in the coming campaign. If not, I still have plenty of time to choose another candidate.” Chrysalis laughed again before exiting the room. Leaving John to contemplate her answers. His mind wandered to the curse the first changeling had mentioned. Whatever it was, it had burrowed inside of his head. He realized that it was what would help influence him to Chrysalis’s will. The only question was, would he be able to resist it?

Author's Note:

As always, constructive criticism is appreciated. Comment your thoughts, as this will help me be a better writer, while providing you a better story