• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 5,132 Views, 296 Comments

Blackest Knight - D34dly F1ng3r



A human appears in Equestria, seemingly under the control of Queen Chrysalis. Can he break her grip on him before he is forced to stain his own soul with evil?

  • ...
32
 296
 5,132

Abduction

Blackest Knight
Chapter 1

John left his girlfriend’s house shortly before nine. This had been one of those rare nights that she invited him in, but he had another pressing concern. John loved her more than anything, and hated to tear himself from her embrace, but his actions tonight were also for her.

His brisk walk to the quaint little shop took less than thirty minutes, but an eternity seemed to stretch while his hands got ever sweatier. John looked upon the building before entering, triple checking to make sure it was the right one. The shop was neither small, nor big, and while not fancy, was a step above some of the surrounding buildings. John picked this shop because the product was flawless. The owners chose better products over a fancy building, and John had almost missed the store during his search before. This shop held the perfect product for John, and he finally knew it was the right time to purchase it.

“Hello! Welcome to…” the girl at the counter began before she recognized John. “Ah it’s you again! Is the big day coming up?”

John smiled as he replied, “Tomorrow in fact.” His deep voice cracked a little before he cleared his throat. His girlfriend did all of the talking, but even that wasn’t much over the movie they watched. He still didn’t know why she found his silence cute. The cashier perked up an eyebrow, but said nothing. “You still have it in stock?” John asked.

“Of course! Some guys were looking at it, but I made sure none bought it, I would have only sold it to anyone cuter than you though, so you needn’t worry.” John chuckled at her answer. She always flirted with him when he came in, which was often. His nervousness always apparent, and her teasing did not help.

“I think I will buy it then.” She went to the back to get the product, and John looked over the others while reflecting on his choice. He had checked out almost every shop in the city, starting from the flashiest mega-chains, and going down to the littlest of shops. He had nearly exhausted the long list before he found this one. The instant he walked in, his eyes fell upon the perfect one, and he knew that his first visit would not be his last. After a month of setting everything up, then another of waiting for the custom order to come in, John’s product was finally here. His mouth became dry when he realized that tomorrow was the big day. He had taken all the necessary steps, and now the only person who didn’t know was her. As he was thinking, the cashier returned.

“Here it is,” she said, placing it upon the counter while John walked up to the register.

“Thank you.” His voice cracked again, though this time was not from underuse. The cashier giggled, but spared him this time. His face burned as he completed the purchase and did not stop until he returned to the crisp night air with a bag hanging from his hand. He smiled as he realized once again that tomorrow was the big day. It would not be the biggest day of his life, nor the happiest, but it would be big. He laughed aloud before turning and continuing along the sidewalk. His walk this time was slow, the bag hung from his closed hand, and he was ready to return to his home. He did not notice that the sidewalk, along with the street next to him, were both completely deserted. The quiet city night hung uninterrupted for several minutes before a voice from an alley cut through the silence.

“Well hello handsome.” A feminine voice came from the darkness. John was snapped from his reverie as a tall, slender woman stepped from the shadows of the alley he was passing. John’s cheeks flushed again at the flirtatious greeting, and he turned to address the woman. She would have been described as beautiful by any other man, but John’s eyes were only for his girlfriend. She noticed this and frowned slightly while flicking her dark blue hair out of her eyes.

“I thank you for the compliment, but I’ve got a girlfriend,” John stated gently but firmly before turning from the strange woman, already dismissing her as a woman of the night. She was not, however, and would not be deterred. He noticed that she had begun to follow him, so he turned back. “Forgive me if I was rude for turning away if you needed anything, I assumed you only wanted to hit on me.”

“Oh, no offense taken,” The woman replied, “But I was only hitting on you. Though…” She began to slip into a seductive voice, “there might be something you could do for me.” Her eyes began to travel his body.

“I don’t like the way this conversation is beginning to go, so I am going to leave.” John replied, beginning to become uncomfortable. He turned once again to walk away. The strange woman began to follow again, however. John did not like the way she followed him, and could not stop thinking about her appearance. Her voice chilled him to the core, while her eyes seemed unnatural. They were green, which was unnatural enough, but the pupils almost looked like slits. He glanced back and confirmed the feline appearance, while discovering her gaze was directed a tad south, and he could hazard a guess it was still north of his knees. John turned back forward. An uncomfortable feeling beginning to gnaw at him. Her entire presence felt unnatural, as if she were not from Earth at all. He quickened his pace, hoping to deter her interest. There was no one else in sight to help deter any potential crime either.

‘Why tonight?’ John thought, ‘Why tonight of all nights, right before tomorrow.” His thoughts began to drift to his girlfriend, hoping the thoughts would help give him the strength to resist any temptations this strange woman would throw his way. As soon as his thoughts touched upon his girlfriend warmth began to fill his heart, but energy began to leave his limbs. The strange phenomenon was compounded when the woman who was following him suddenly began to ‘mmm,’ as if eating something tasty. John glanced backwards and saw her walking with her eyes closed, and her mouth open as if to catch falling rain. The warmth filling his heart began to grow stronger even as strength left John’s limbs. He stumbled and fell as his leg buckled underneath him. The bag in his hand fell into a nearby alleyway, but John did not have the strength to get up to go after it.

“That was tasty, lover boy, but I think it’s time you come with me.” The woman grabbed John’s hand, which he had stretched out after the bag. His vision failing, John was dimly aware of himself being dragged past the bag. He stretched his free hand toward it, but was now too far from it. The bag became the second most important thing in his life at that moment, right after his promise to himself to never fail the woman he loved. His vision failed at the moment he realized he would only ever get farther from the bag. Darkness overcame him with the realization that he failed the two things he could not fail.

Queen Chrysalis dragged the human deeper into the alley before opening a portal back to her hive. She glanced back briefly before stepping through the portal. Her eyes fell upon the bag the human had been holding. It had fallen from his grasp, and a small box fell out when it had hit the ground. The box rolled a foot away, becoming open in the process to reveal a flawless diamond ring.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, I plan on making this into a good story, and I appreciate constructive criticism. This will help me become a better writer, while giving you guys a better story. Any feedback is appreciated as well.