• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 5,132 Views, 296 Comments

Blackest Knight - D34dly F1ng3r



A human appears in Equestria, seemingly under the control of Queen Chrysalis. Can he break her grip on him before he is forced to stain his own soul with evil?

  • ...
32
 296
 5,132

Party

Blackest Knight
Chapter 16

“SURPRISE!” Several voices yelled at once.

John could only stand staring at the pink face that had suddenly filled his vision.

“Surprise!” Someone yelled.

“A little late Derpy,” someone else deadpanned.

John’s heart finally stopped racing, “Do you jump on everyone when you see them?”

“No,” Pinkie Pie replied simply.

“Why do I get the special treatment?”

“Because you’re big enough for me to hold onto.” Pinkie stayed holding onto John for a few moments more before jumping down. “I found a banner that was big enough too!”

John saw the large banner, complete with large lettering, which read ‘Welcome To Ponyville And Thanks For Saving Canterlot.’ It was impressive that she had somehow managed to fit the title of the party onto the banner without cramping the words, as well as the fact that she could fit it into the library. He then noticed that there were a lot of ponies inside said library. If he was not mistaken, the entire population could have been invited to the party. He blinked.

“Pinkie,” Twilight, having gotten over the initial shock, was beginning to realize that she would have no time to study John some more that night. The realization left her more than a little annoyed. “Why did we have to have the party tonight?”

“Because silly,” the pink mare began, as if her answer was obvious, “Party rule number four hundred thirty-two under section A in chapter fifty-six on page two thousand eleven, paragraph three of the third book of Party Manuals specifically states that all newcomers to Ponyville should have a party thrown their first day of arrival!”

The room was silent as everypony and human tried to digest her explanation.

“There are three party manuals?” John asked.

“No, there are seven.” Pinkie answered.

“And they each have over two thousand pages?”

“Yes, the shortest has only four thousand three hundred twenty-one pages.”

“And you memorized every single one?”

“Yep.”

John shook his head as he tried to comprehend. He realized that there was nothing anyone could comprehend about Pinkie Pie but her name. “So you are throwing me a party?” He changed the subject.

“Yes, of course!”

John looked around and stifled a chuckle. Everything about the decorations screamed six year old’s birthday party. There were even games, a snack and punch table … How did she fit a bouncy house in here? The only thing missing was the children. John realized that this was probably considered an adult social party, or else the ponies just didn’t want him around their children yet.

“Are you ready to party?” Pinkie asked him.

“Uh, sure?” Pinkie immediately jumped away and everypony but Twilight and John joined into the festivities.

“This is going to be a long night.” Twilight facehoofed.

“I don’t know, maybe I’ll get a chance to socialize with some of the town.” John replied. Some of the ponies were already approaching, eager to learn about the human.

“Ugh, have fun.” Twilight left to find her friends.


John did have a bit of fun. He didn’t really join into the games, but he did socialize with many of the town residents. He met ponies like Mayor Mare, Derpy, Berry Punch (He thought he might be visiting her a bit more for some wine), and a pegasus called Cloud Kicker. The lavender pegasus with a blonde mane had greeted him with a disconcerting, “Hey sexy.”

While John was busy socializing, and avoiding a lavender pegasus that was a little too interested in his anatomy, Twilight had gathered her friends for a discussion. Luckily they had all attended the party. Rainbow was a little angry that she did not know that the party was for John.

“Why did we have to have a party for that monster?” The cyan mare asked after Twilight cast a muffle spell over them.

Pinkie gasped, “John isn’t a monster!”

“He tried to kill Fluttershy!” Rainbow pointed at the shy mare.

Twilight countered, “That wasn’t him, he was under the control of the curse. He fought against the curse, if he hadn’t then we all would have died.”

“How can you defend him?!” Rainbow looked angrily at her friend.

“Because he tried to defend us all,” Twilight returned the angry glare.

“By capturing Canterlot and nearly executing us?”

“No, by fighting the curse that was making him do that. By expelling the curse before he killed Fluttershy.”

Rainbow broke through the muffle spell. She left the party and her five friends could see that she slammed the door by the several confused looks that were cast after the fleeing mare.

Twilight sighed and looked back at her remaining friends. They looked at her with sadness, Pinkie’s mane deflated a little. Only Fluttershy did not look at Twilight. The lavender mare addressed the yellow pegasus, “And what do you think about John?”

Fluttershy hesitated before answering. “I don’t know.”

A silence fell over the group. Twilight broke it after a few moments, “I can understand if you don’t want to, but I would like it if you could meet him tomorrow Fluttershy.”

The pegasus hesitated before nodding and slinking away. She followed Rainbow through the door, heading to her own home.

Twilight looked back at her last three friends. “And how do the rest of you feel about him?”

Pinkie was the first to speak up. “I like him!”

“Of course you do sugarcube,” Applejack replied.

Rarity answered next, “I think that he is a fine fellow. If we had met him in a different situation, I think even Rainbow would have liked him.”

“Ah think he’s alright.” Applejack spoke up, “He convinced me to give him a chance, so ah think he might be able to convince Rainbow as well.”

Twilight smiled, “Well at least we are giving him a chance.”

Applejack looked at the lavender unicorn, “And why exactly are you so eager for us to like him?” The question brought the attention of the other two to Twilight as well.

“Well,” she began to respond, but she remembered that John had asked her not to tell anypony about the enhancements or about Morning Dew. “I can’t tell you exactly why, but John has made mistakes in the past that are not his fault. He is trying to atone for them. I think we should help him in his endeavor.”

“What exactly are these mistakes that he made?” Applejack knew when someone was skirting an answer.

“I can’t tell you,” Twilight answered. “John told me them in confidence. If he wants you to know, then he will tell you.”

Applejack dropped the issue, not wanting to put Twilight into that position. The grateful mare dropped the muffle spell and went to join the party.


Rainbow arrived at her cloud house. She threw the door open and slammed it behind her. She just couldn’t believe that Twilight was defending that monster like that. She raged for a few minutes before deciding to go to bed. She stomped into her room and threw herself onto her bed. She was immediately taken by sleep.

Her dreams were filled with darkness. Suddenly she could see, but the edges of her vision were black, as if she was wearing a helmet with a Y slit. She looked around and saw that she was wearing a deep black armor, standing in a large castle-like hall. She was following Chrysalis and three other changelings, but her body moved on its own. The two changelings in front were carrying a small yellow filly unicorn with green hair.

“Where are you taking me?!” The terrified filly struggled in their grip.

The other changeling spoke to Chrysalis, and Rainbow somehow knew that his name was Halberd. “Should I get the …”

Chrysalis cut Halberd off, “No, John shall do it.”

“Do what?” Rainbow heard herself say. Halberd only looked at her in pity. Rainbow fought against rising fear.

The group reached a set of doors, and the changelings in front opened them to reveal the outside of the building. They entered a small clearing that contained only a stone block sitting upon a stone platform. The platform looked like it had been cleaned often, and the block was chipped from many impacts.

Rainbow’s eyes widened as the changelings that held the little filly dragged her to the block and placed her neck upon it. Rainbow’s stomach churned as Chrysalis turned to her.

“John, draw your sword and execute her.” Chrysalis stated simply. The filly’s eyes widened and she began to cry.

“What?!” Rainbow’s mouth talked for her, “I can’t …” She was interrupted by a blinding pain erupting in the back of her head. She fell to her knees before the pain subsided. She felt herself stand up without doing it herself. She tried to stop her legs from advancing toward the block. Her hand moved against her wishes over her shoulder to draw the large black sword from her back. Her body did not obey her commands. “No! You can’t make me …”

“Do it John.” Chrysalis commanded, an edge in her tone.

“Please no!” The filly pleaded, her back held by one of the changelings. Tears streamed across her sideways face as she watched Rainbow approach her.

Rainbow stopped before the block and her arms raised themselves above her head. Her hands gripped the hilt of the sword against her command. Rainbow used every ounce of her strength and will to prevent them from falling. She closed her eyes as she felt her arms move of their own accord. She could only hear the sobs of the small filly until she felt the edge of the sword meet a small resistance. She heard and felt the sword hit the stone block as the cries of the filly stopped.

Rainbow’s eyes snapped open, and she expected to see her room, but she instead stood in a dark abyss. She looked around and saw the yellow filly from her dream. This filly, however had a stump where her horn should be.

“Hello Rainbow Dash.” The voice of the filly belonged to the body, but the tone seemed to be of a pony that had lived a long life, too long. “My name is Morning Dew.”

“I saw you,” Rainbow said, “in my nightmare, what are you doing here?”

“I have come to show you what you called a nightmare. It was actually a memory.”

“A memory?” Rainbow recoiled. “Who could be cursed with such a memory?”

“The same one that you call monster, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow realized who she was talking about. “John? He was the one who killed you?” Another thought presented itself, “You’re the filly that went missing from the resort town a few days before the wedding!”

“Yes, I am. And you felt what John felt the in the moments before John’s sword struck my neck. Who do you think really committed the murder.”

Rainbow looked down. “It wasn’t John. I felt the pain, felt my body moving by itself. I felt him fighting against the curse, but it was too powerful.”

The filly walked to Rainbow and looked up into her eyes. “John cannot be blamed for the evil of another, when he himself tried to fight it. He already blames himself, for everything he has done under the influence of the curse. Do you want to add to his burden when his actions actually saved your friend, rather than destroy her?”

Rainbow said nothing. Tears welled in her eyes. The dreamscape faded and Rainbow awoke. She looked out her bedroom window at the library. It was still night, and it seemed that ponies were just beginning to leave the party.

Rainbow rushed out of her room and shot out of her door. She needed to catch her friends before they left the party.

Author's Note:

Another chapter is out, and right before I have to go to Calculus :facehoof:
Also, pulled Cloud Kicker's personality from this story