• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 386 Views, 11 Comments

Rise of the Spirit of Harmony - Spirit of Harmony



An blank-flanked alicorn has been drawn to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters by a mysterious voice. Sealed inside a stone orb, along with a newly adopted pegasus filly, he must wait for the Elements of Harmony to be reunited.

  • ...
5
 11
 386

A Prophetic Slumber

Reuben opened his eyes, blinking hard. His surroundings were unfamiliar, and the soft undulating of solid objects told him that he was in a dream. A series of sounds reached his ears, and it took Reuben a moment to realise that he was hearing music. He got to his hooves, and walked hesitantly across the grassy plains, towards the source of the music.

As he crested a hill, Reuben stopped dead in his tracks. Stretching out below him was a huge crowd of bipedal creatures, clustered around a stage not unlike those in Canterlot. There were three more bipeds on the stage, their eyes glowing red.

However, the crowd's attention was not directed towards the bipeds on stage, but rather to the crest of the next hill across from Reuben. Seven more creatures were standing in front of a strange device, singing and playing instruments. Reuben tried to make out their faces, but was too far away.

Suddenly, a flash of light emanated from the group of creatures on the hill, and a multicoloured stream of light shot into the air, forming a grey cloud that slowly turned into a spinning orb of blue light. As Reuben watched, massive wings unfolded from the orb of light, and Reuben was able to make out the words of the song that the bipeds were singing.

Got the music in our hearts,
We're here to blow this thing apart,
And together, we will never,
Be afraid of the dark

The orb of light dimmed, and revealed a gigantic, spectral blue Alicorn, who reared up on its hind legs, flailing its hooves in the air

Here to sing our song out loud,
Get you dancing with the crowd,
As the music of our friendship
Survives, survives,
Survives!

The Alicorn slammed its hooves down, and a tightly focused beam of multicoloured light flared down upon the three bipeds on stage. With the sound of shattering crystal, and a final flash of pure white light, the alicorn vanished, and the dream began to fade around Reuben. As darkness finally closed around him, he heard the mysterious voice once again.

When kindness, laughter, generosity, honesty and loyalty come together... accompanied by the sparkle of twilight and the shimmer of sunset...
only then will the Spirit of Harmony come forth, and Friendship's true power be revealed...


Reuben woke with a start. Upon seeing the nest of moss and ferns, and Scootaloo still sleeping peacefully, he breathed a sigh of relief. Reuben began to ponder upon the dream, but fatigue soon overtook him, and he once again lowered his head, and fell asleep, his head and neck curled around the filly.

Author's Note:

I am so sorry for the huge hiatus between chapters. I was stuck editing another story, and I am still in school. On another note, congratulations to He Who Reads Ponies, who got the reference to the Warriors book series from the last chapter. There is a reference in this chapter as well, but it is so blindingly obvious that... well, yeah.

Comments ( 2 )

Since I guess no one has said it yet... Rainbow Rocks

6001237 Lol, eeyup. Well done... I guess?

I'm still quite surprised that no-one's got the reference from the first chapter.

Login or register to comment