• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,793 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
9
 426
 3,793

Pinkie Senses

Pinkie Pie sat in front of Carrot Cake, her expecting smile never leaving her muzzle.


In another situation, with another pony being interviewed by another potential employer, it might’ve come across as presumptuous, but both in the Cake-couple had found that they very much liked the young earth pony the moment they met.


Carrot Cake broke into a warm smile himself, and extended his hoof across the desk. “Congratulations, Miss Pie, and I think that’s the last time we’ll refer to each other like that, you’re now both a resident, and employee, of Sugarcube Corner.”


Pinkie Pie gave Carrot Cake’s hoof a friendly clop. “Yessir, Mr Cake, sir. I won’t let you down!,” she said, and gave a one-hoof salute.


As the day was wrapping up, the three ponies at Sugarcube Corner had just closed up shop. Pinkie had performed admirably throughout the day, despite no formal education or experience in customer service.


As Pinkie cantered up the stairs to her room on the top floor, Cup slided up next to her husband.


“It was kinda nice having another pony around, wasn’t it?” she asked.


“It was,” Carrot agreed.


“Think we have room for another one?” Cup asked, as she took a few steps towards the stairs.


“Uh, what do you mean?” Carrot asked.


Cup looked back at Carrot with half-lidded eyes, and slowly swished her tail. “I’ll let you figure it out.”


Carrot finally caught up with his wife’s meaning, and trotted after her with a smile on his face.


There were no words as they slid beneath the covers of their bed, only the occasional happy giggle and smacks of kisses.


“Wait,” Carrot suddenly said. “Uuh, do you know if, you know, our new resident will be able to… tell?”


“Don’t worry,” Cup assured him. “I checked when you were interviewing her. You can't hear a thing.”


That was all the assurance that Carrot needed. “Oh, okay then, let’s bake another Cake,” he said, enthusiastically.


Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, was in her bed, and true to Cup Cake’s assurance to her husband, Pinkie could indeed not hear a thing.


The keyword being ‘hear’.


Another small spasm went through her belly, and her tail wound up into a tight spiral.


“Aaah, hihihihihihiiiii!” she giggled, her grin widening as what she sensed intensified. Pinkie loved foals... she also loved when ponies made them.