• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,766 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
8
 426
 3,766

Pony People With Pony Names

NEW author's notes, now with color! So, like, the original is the one at the bottom, which it seems like Orbiting Kettle likes (thanks, man :twilightsmile: ). Then he thought it could benefit from some polish, which if you'll read it, you'll find out is the case. However, since this story was a bit of a time-trial for me, I thought I might as well keep my old little one-shot, and include Kettle's new suggestion

So, Orbiting Kettle new and improved version of Pony People With Pony Names (and I hope my over-clarification doesn't come across as sarcasm, I just haven't had anyone building on something I've written before, this is actually really exciting :rainbowkiss:):

Tommy Gun leaned back in his chair with a satisfied grin. His grand plan was still going on despite the traitors and backstabbers that had been hiding among his own ponies. But that was the past. His new second had cleaned up the shop, brought the grunts back on track and was leading the pigs on a merry chase far away form the Westside Laundry business. He had to admit it, that stallion had an uncanny skill in staying always one step ahead of the cops and ratting out turncoats. Tommy Gun grabbed a cigar and lighted it, a smug grin as skewed as his tax-forms on his muzzle. Hiring Sting Operation has been the best thing he had ever done.

That's was Kettle's improved version, here's my intentionally rushed original:

In a mansion overlooking an old suburb of Manehatten, Tommygun leaned back in his chair. Everything was going according to plan. His operations had taken a hit after the ousting of several traitors among his old guard. But the pigs had been running around like clueless foals after he placed his new wiseguy in charge of several operations, the same stallion who had busted the aforementioned traitors. In just a few months, he had managed to fool the cops away from the money laundering on westside completely. With any luck, his recent losses would be recuperated and then some. Yeah, Tommygun thought with satisfaction, that stallion, Sting Operation, has an uncanny ability to stay ahead of the law. He was the best damn enforcer he had ever hired.

Author's Note:

I wanted a short story with only one paragraph. I had to cheat.