• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,771 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
8
 426
 3,771

Solder In Equestria

It once came to pass, that a previously unknown creature arrived in Equestria by pure chance. An alien, with alien ways of thinking, knowledge about alien technology, who brought alien tools with him.

After some initial confusion and alarm, the ponies of Equestria was delighted to learn that the creature, a 'human', was quite friendly. However, he missed his home, and the pony-princesses agreed to help him find a way back.

They would all be sad to see him go, and he promised that he would return to visit if he could. He also decided to repay their kindness with teaching them about his trade with his alien tools.

And so, while he was waiting for the spell to send him back home to ready, he was teaching the knowledge-craving young princess, Twilight Sparkle, as they were sitting around a table in Canterlot Castle.


"Put some at the tip of the iron, then heat up the pin," the human said patiently.

Twilight groaned in frustration as the alien device once again seemed to do everything except what she wanted.

"Don't wait too long, or you're gonna boil the flux," the human continued.

Author's Note:

Another little joke-fic that went immediately from idea to words in one sitting. Around 300 seconds this time. A bit late to the punchline, perhaps, but I regret nothing :trollestia: