• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,767 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
8
 426
 3,767

MLAABQ Gaiden: Sharing Culture

Ten ponies, and one dragon, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Spike, and the provider for the night’s entertainment, clustered together on cushions, all facing the computer display in front of them

“So how many movie do you have anyway?” Rainbow asked Gabe.

“I’dunno,” Gabe said. “A few dozen on this one.”

“Would you let one of us take a pick?” Rarity asked.

“Sure, but some of them are recommended for the ages fifteen and up,” Gabe said.

“Not one of us is younger than twenty, Gabe,” Applejack pointed out.

“By human standards, I mean,” Gabe said.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot,” Applejack said. “Well, who gets to pick the movie then?”

“Ooh! Ooh! Me!” Rainbow Dash said, waving a hoof.

“Darling, perhaps we should look at the list of films and all try and agree on something, shall we?” Rarity asked Rainbow.

“Alright, fine,” Rainbow conceded.

“Well, here it is,” Gabe said, manipulating the mouse with her unicorn magic. “I’m gonna scroll through it, speak up if you see something interesting.”

“Oh!” Fluttershy immediately said, perking up. “A movie about an animal?”

“Where?” Gabe asked.

“There,” Fluttershy said, pointing at the screen. “The Crow.”

“Uuh,” Gabe starte, uncertainly. “Yeah, there’s a crow in it, but that’s not really the focus of the movie.”

“What about that one?” Rainbow asked. “Saving Private Ryan?”

“That sounds promising,” Applejack agreed, putting her forehoof around her little sister. “Saving somepony and setting a good example for the young ones here.”

Apple Bloom looked up in mild annoyance at her sister.

“Uh, let’s keep looking before we decide on something,” Gabe suggested, and scrolled on.

“Oho? What’s that?” Rarity asked. “A film about dancing and high society perhaps? Sounds perfect if you ask me.”

“Which one?” Gabe asked.

Tango and Cash it says,” Rarity said.

Gabe let out a nervous sigh, and silently kept scrolling.

“That one’s called Alien!” Pinkie said happily. “That’s kinda what you are, Gabe.”

“What’s The Thing about?” Twilight asked, confused.

“What about The Mist?” Rarity asked. “That’s a delightfully mysterious title.”

“No thanks,” Rainbow said. “I see enough mist at the job, it’s not really exciting.”

“Oh! Applejack said, spotting something on the screen. “Another film for the young ones, about hard work. The Professional.”

“Oh! Oh!” Pinkie Pie said, pointing at the screen again. “That one has to be good. It’s called Super!”

“Is that movie about animals then?” Fluttershy ventured. “The Lion King?”

“Yes it is! Sold!” Gabe exclaimed, and immediately booted up the movie.

Everyone around Gabe looked puzzledly at her stiffly nervous face, before shrugging and turning their attention to the movie starting up.

Author's Note:

This old joke again. Still works.