• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,769 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
8
 426
 3,769

MLAABQ Gaiden: Sweet And Unusual Punishment part two

The formerly mighty Tirek way lying down and staring straight ahead while mumbling to a tune. All sense of time had left him. He didn’t know how long he had been in his prison, and he was slowly losing his knowledge of who he was, where he came from, and where he was and why.

The only sensation he had left to cling to, was ironically enough the incessant sounds that had corroded his mind, and tethered all that was left of his sanity on it.

Weeks or eons, he couldn’t tell. Always, the song played.

“♫ Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolli lolli lolli. Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolli lolli lolli♪”

A small, twisted grin formed beneath Tirek’s unseeing eyes, and he waited...

“♫Lollipop♪” Tirek quietly mouthed the next word.

“POP!”

A smile of relief came to his features, but it slowly faded as the song continued.

Then came the time again. Tirek’s eyes lit up from their deadened gaze, he quietly prepared to breathe the word.

“♫Lollipop♪”

No sound came.

Tirek’s gaze became alive as his eyes whipped towards the ledge where the music played from.

After a moment, the song continued from where it should’ve after the pop. Tirek watched it intently, his eyes focused with desperate hunger.

“♫Lollipop♪”

“... Pop?” he asked the still air quietly.

The song continued.

Once more, it was time.

“♫Lollipop♪”

Silence.

Tirek’s eyes went wide in panic, and he did something other than lying and waiting for the first time in what felt like eons.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Throughout Equestria, ponies stopped in their business, and looked around themselves in worry. There was a low rumble in the ground, but that wasn’t the worrying part, it was the overwhelming sense of despair that came with it.

In a bed, in a room, in a town, Gabrielle Desrochers was reclining against a pillow, relaxing with a book.

The slight tremor reached her, then a small smile formed on her face, and she chuckled impishly.