• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 3,766 Views, 426 Comments

Short Flights And Failed Takeoffs - Snakeskin Ducttape



A collection of short stories, stand-alone intros and intros for stories that never made it.

  • ...
8
 426
 3,766

MLAABQ Gaiden: Sweet And Unusual Punishment part one

The scourge of Equestria was back in Tartarus.

He, who had threatened the world twice. He, who emerged victorious from his battle with the power of four demigods combined.

He, who swore to never give up until all the power in the world was his.

Tirek cursed, and glared at a pebble just out of his reach.

He had grumpily kicked all rocks and stones around him off the small ledge that was his cell long ago, and shot the pebble that his chains held him from a poisonous glare as he continued to stoke the hate he held for ponies in his heart. One thousand years of brooding had made him terrible. Who knows what another thousand could do.

His hateful scowl mostly made way to curiosity, as he heard the sounds of hoofsteps approaching. Who dares approach the mighty Tirek?

Then she appeared on the ledge. A small filly, blue coat with a large shock of orange mane. She observed him for a moment with a look of utter dispassion.

Tirek was about to ask who she was, but something about the filly made him hesitate.

Instead, it was the filly who spoke first.

“So you’re the one,” she stated. Her tone and delivery holding down the deepest recesses of Tirek’s soul and telling him very clearly that she didn’t care for his response.

The filly turned her head around, and dug something out of a saddlebag. It was a gem. A fairly large one, letting out a softly pulsating glow of magic power.

This made Tirek take a step back. He couldn’t tell if she was here to harm him, aid him, or subjugate him for her own ends.

He stumbled for words once, before steeling himself. “What is this?” he asked with as much courage as he could muster.

The filly set the gem down on the ledge, just in sight of Tirek.

“A song,” she said, and tapped the gem.

Soft, easy beats started pouring out of the gem, and shortly after, a female voice filled the cavern, and shortly after that, three more voice joined the first. Their song was carefree and gay, the melody joyous and happy, in sharp contrast with the utter coldness on the filly’s face.

“Enjoy,” she said, turned around, then walked away.