• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 764 Views, 19 Comments

The phantom of Equestria - BrokenStar54



I never expected this to happen, I'm playing my favorite competitive sport when a mysterious storm dumps me into a hostile land full of multicolored horses.

  • ...
10
 19
 764

Banishment

<Calvin, 1st person>

I awaken to a blurry, white light in my face. I can vaguely felt someone slapping my face, I try and get away from it, desperate to go back to sleep. What I get in return is an even harder slap, persuading me to get up. My vision starts to focus and I can make out the blurry outline of a very hairy head.

"You okay?" Asked a distorted voice, I didn't pay it any more attention other than to respond.

"Yeah," I groan. "That was quite a fall huh?" The figure looked up.

"About 30 feet." 30 feet? Doesn't feel like it.

"Well we should get going." I try to stand up but get a stab of pain in my right shoulder.

"You should really stay off that, oh what is it called," said a new voice. "Arm?"

"Yeah, no shit." I say through clenched teeth. I look at my shoulder and see a still blurry image of something white wrapped around my arm. I lay back down, waiting for my vision to clear. The figure walks over to my injured side and starts prodding my arm.

"Ahhh! What the fuck are you doing?"

"Just making sure it's healing."

"Surely there is a better way than poking the damn thing."

"True, but we don't want you to bleed out everywhere." Wait a second....

"We?"

"Just wait for your vision." And so I waited, both begging to know who is talking, and fearing what I will find. As my vision steadily increases in clarity, I am now aware of another form to my left, hunched over in a sitting position, and breathing hard.

"Ezra?"

"Yeah?" He sounds a bit hoarse, get it? Anyone? Aw you're no fun. Anyways it sounds, and looks as if he took a bigger hit than me when he landed.

"Where are we?"

"You're in the underground tunnels of Canterlot." It wasn't Ezra who said this but the figure to my right. I look over to him and focus on him. Eventually, my vision clears enough to see a 4-legged creature with a black garment covering it.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name," he pulls back the hood covering his head. "Is Silver Shadow."

I am greeted with a very dark gray unicorn, with a dull white and black stripped mane. Most interesting of all were his eyes. One was a regular gold, while the other was red, and purple. One color forming a half circle before switching to the other color.

I screamed out loud, not wanting to be around any kind of pony because of recent events. Shadow hurried to close my mouth with his hoof.

"Quiet," he hissed. "Do you want the guards to find us?" I shook my head. "Then stay quiet and I will explain everything." I nodded and be took his hoof away from my mouth.

"So, why haven't you attacked us," I point to Ezra, who put his head up at the scream.

"Why would I want to?"

"Because I attacked one of your leaders!" Then, unexpectedly, Silver started to laugh.

"You think I give," he said between between breaths. "A damn about the princesses or their subjects?" This put me off a bit.

"Wha-?"

"After all," he stopped laughing. "They were the ones who did this to me." He pointed his hoof at his bicolored eye.

"What is that exactly?" I asked, my curiosity peaked.

"A mark that signifies that you have been banished from the nation." I didn't know what to say, luckily he kept going. "Of course I didn't leave, they couldn't get me to unless the princesses themselves came to me. Which, is highly unlikely, all they do is stay up in that big castle of theirs, letting lesser ponies do all the dirty work for them." Shadow was shaking his head slowly, as though he wants to forget something, but doesn't want to let it go.

"Anyway, why did you attack the princesses?" He looked up at me with those weird eyes, as I looked into them, I noticed that the left one, the red and purple one, has switched position of the colors.

"I'd rather not say."

"Hmm. Fair enough." He looked over to Ezra. "Looks like your friend finished recovering from the fall."

I look over to Ezra and find him standing, err leaning, on the side of the tunnel. He's looking between me and Silver, a look of shock cast upon his face. He silently mouthed something, looked around, then looked back at me.

"Umm, Calvin?"

"Yes?"

"Is that a pony?"

"Yes."

"I thought you didn't like them."

"Exceptions can be made."

Ezra looked as if he were in a foreign land. Yes I know we are already in another world... just... SHUT UP! You know what the fuck I ment.

He continued to look between me and Silver when eventually he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh well," he picked up his gun. "Guess people can change."

"What is that? It looks similar to the pulse rifles that the guard uses?" Shadow trotted towards Ezra and looked at the gun, obviously interested.

"It's my airsoft rifle, it shoots non-lethal bullets at your target." Shadow moved his jaw to the side.

"We may need to get you better guns, those things won't even go through the cloth armour of the old days."

"Shall we get going? We've waited here long enough." I asked with hint of frustration in my voice.

"Yes," agreed Silver. "Before the guards arrive."

He starts walking and we follow after they help me onto my feet.

As we walk down the tunnel, I hear thundering from above.

"Sounds like they are looking for me." Sighed Shadow.

"So, why are you helping us?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Shook my head. "No? Well then, I want to get back at Celestia and overthrow the throne. What better way to do that then get help from someone who hates here as much as I do?"

"I don't know, maybe use someone in her inner circle?"

"Nah, won't work. Everypony loves Celestia. Plus, nopony would talk to me since my eye is like this."

"So are we the only ones on your side?"

"No, there's 2 more ponies that hate her. They were banished at the same time I was. Ever since then, we stuck together and fought for each other."

"So, you going to introduce us?"

"When we get back to our base."

"Base?" Ezra finally decided to join the conversation. "What do you mean 'base?'"

"You'll see." With that we keep walking.

<Celestia, 3rd person>

Celestia watched as the courtyard filled up with armour clad ponies, eagerly awaiting her orders. As the last one stepped into formation, Celestia began.

"I have called you all here to make you aware of a new threat." A few of the ponies shuffled on their hooves. Celestia uncovered a drawing of a dark gray unicorn. "He is considered extremely dangerous and highly skilled in offensive magic. If you see him, go after him in a large group. If you catch him, which will be unlikely, bring him to me." Celestia looked over the crowd, finding determined faces on everypony.

They have no idea what they're up against, thought Celestia.

"You're dismissed." The soldiers walked away in small groups.

<Ezra, 1st person>

I couldn't believe Calvin. After what happened at the castle, I was sure he would distrust every pony we came across.

"How much longer?" Calvin asked.

"Just a bit longer," replied the unicorn. "Believe me, you'll know when we have arrived."

Calvin didnt look pleased. I could tell that he definitely wanted to get things rolling. As we walked along, the tunnel startex to gradually turn into some type of metal. A little ways down we come across a narrow hole in the wall, opening up to a shroud of darkness. Shadow went up to it and knocked 3 times, then 2, then 5.

"Coming." Calls out a feminine voice.

Calvin and I looked at each other. Shortly, a section of the wall opens up, Shadow walks in, and motions us to follow. We reluctantly obey, and walk through the opening. I am instantly greeted by a poke on the back of my head.

"And who might you be?"

"Lower the weapon," said Shadow. "They're no threat."

The pressure on my head went away. I turn around and find a gryphon. She was staring at me with a mixture of hatred and curiosity.

"So who are they?"

"Let me explain."

Comments ( 8 )

are the princesses going to be evil in this story?

5578935 To be honest, I'm not entirely sure, but they will be a little evil. Just a bit :pinkiecrazy: just a bit.

Let me guess..................................Gilda?

5824743 you'll find out next chapter

5826536 *Shrugs* I know but that's my best guess unless it's an OC Griffin.

5525081 you made me giggle :D

........ huh.
Don’t like or dislike, just kind of feel... let down. Though i never really expect much.

Login or register to comment