• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 764 Views, 19 Comments

The phantom of Equestria - BrokenStar54



I never expected this to happen, I'm playing my favorite competitive sport when a mysterious storm dumps me into a hostile land full of multicolored horses.

  • ...
10
 19
 764

Fight or flight

Author's Note:

CAUTION: contains violence, although not graphic.

On other news, I will try and complete at least one chapter a week. Just hold tight and await the next update. Take care, and be a badass:pinkiecrazy:

"What are they?"

"Where did they come from?"

"Are they dangerous?"

I awaken to the sounds of high pitched voices around me. I try to sit up but find I can't move even the slightest. Probably due to the fact that a heavy weight was pressing down on my chest.

I try and ask where I am but all that comes out is a soft groan.

"I think it's waking up." I open my eyes to a high ceiling decorated with tinted glass and gold insets. I rotate my head to get a better view of what is on my chest and come face to face with the horse from before.

"What the-" I was caught unaware as her horn glowed and my speech got muted. Wow what a way to treat someone.

The equine continued to stare at me until she looked at a nearby door. "Ah, Twilight, you came."

"Of course princess, I wouldn't dare to miss this opportunity."

"Do you have the elements?"

"Yes, they're in my saddlebags." I heard some fabric rustling and the horse on my chest nodded.

"Good, we might need them."

"Um, princess? What is that you're standing on?"

"It is the reason I called you here, I thought you could handle these two."

"Well get off it, that's no way to treat somepony."

The princess, I assume that's who is on me, steps off me. I sit up now being able to move, and look at my surroundings. The walls were in the same design as the ceiling. Around me were two dark gray bat-like creatures clad in blue armor. Near the door were a group of 6 horses, who I could of sworn I have seen before, staring at me. I look over to the princess and nod my head in the direction of the newcomers. Her horn lighted up in a blue aura again and faded, finally she nodded. I look back over to the group again.

"Uhh, hi?" With that, a purple unicorn started trotting towards me.

"Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle, what's your name?"

Suddenly I dawned on me why these creatures looked so familiar. I remember Ezra talking about them before the airsoft match. I look over to Ezra, who hasn't moved from his position since we arrived.

"My name is Calvin."

"Glad to meet you!" She noticed the way I was looking at my friend. "Go ahead and check on him."

I stood up, which surprised a few of them considering I was a full foot higher than the tallest of them, and walked over to Ezra. I crouched next to him and shook him gently.

"Ezra? Wake up buddy." He groaned just like I did when I first woke up. I shook him harder. Finally he sat straight up quickly.

"Ahh! Huh? Where are we? Oh it's you, Calvin."

"Of course it's me. Now come on, we have company."

"What?" Ezra looked around the room and his eyes settled on the ponies scattered around us. His eyes widened considerably. "What the fuck? Are we in equestria?"

Twilight spoke up. "Yes, but how you do you know of us? Nopony on Equis has seen anything like you."

Ezra looked blank for a moment before he said, "I must be dreaming. I'm dreaming, right?" He was awarded with me shaking my head.

"I assure you this is very real."

Ezra stands up, not quite towering over the colourful ponies. He looks around him, still uncertain about his predicament. Suddenly he punches himself in the gut, doubling over at the sudden pain. "Yep," he groaned. "This is real."

The princess rolled her eyes. "Was there ever any doubt? Alright Twilight you can go, they seem to be of no harm."

"Yes princess." She made to exit the corridor with her friends.

I look to the princess, "What are you going to do with us?"

"Put you in confinement until I am absolutely sure you won't harm anypony here with your weapons."

Oh hell no. They aren't locking me up, even if they are friendly. I notice our guns lying nearby ,so I decide to take matters into my own hands.

I wisper to Ezra, "Follow my lead," he grunts lightly. I face the princess.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that."

She frowns. "Why not?"

The next thing I do surprises everyone, including me. I bring back my arm, and throw it full force into her face. She wobbles a bit, and falls flat on the floor, unconscious. Ezra and the two guards stare at me in shock. The guards take notice of what I did and charge for me. I side step them and pick up my weapon, aim at them, and squeeze, finding it hard to pull. Damn it, safety. I flick a switch on the side of the handle with my thumb and squeeze again, sending a few rounds into the vulnerable flesh of the two bat-like ponies. They recoil slightly, but stop where they are. I take this opportunity to run up to them and use my gun as a club. Lets just say that it will be hard to remove those dents in their helmets. I walk back to Ezra, picking up his gun on the way, and give it to him.

"Come on, let's get out of here." He continued to stare at me in disbelief.

"Do you realize what you have just done?"

"I allowed us to escape."

"You attacked Princess Luna and her guard, probably invoked the wrath of her sister, and made us public enemy number one. What has gotten into you?"

I ignore the question. "Come on, before they wake up." I start walking to the door when a mighty voice shook the walls.

"Halt!"

I look behind me and see a majestic white pony with wings and a horn. Her rainbow mane flowing in invisible wind. She was looking straight at me and scowling.

"Let's go!" I open the door and run out, Ezra following close behind me. Blasts of energy shoot out around us. We turn a few corners and spot the group from before.

"I can't believe see called us up here just for that."

"Don't worry dear, the princess just wanted to make sure those weird creatures were harmless."

We run right by the group, startling all of them.

"Where are you going?" Asked Twilight.

"Fuck you, that's where."

One of them scoffed, "Ugh, how rude."

Suddenly a sparkle sounded behind us.

"Stop them! They attacked Luna!"

I heard one of them flap their wings and fly towards us. I waited until the pegasus was right behind me, turned around and swung the butt of the gun into a cyan pony with rainbow hair. She instantly fell to the ground, tumbling into the wall. I turned back around and continued to run. Desperate to get out of this building. I catch up with Ezra and head towards a large set of open metal doors. We run out of the building, leaving the guards standing by the opening in a blur. As we head out into an intricate city, I hear yelling from behind.

"Catch them and bring them to me!"

Heh, good luck with that.