• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 10,697 Views, 268 Comments

Week of the unicorn - CrossRedstone



Twilight accidentally over-shot a spell, which went straight through the portal and by pure chance hit Sunset. Well, so much for band practice. Hooves aren't exactly made to play guitar.

  • ...
15
 268
 10,697

Twilight (?)

Author's Note:

Oh man, I should decide on one thing: either video games OR writing and not both. Anyways, I might redo the last part, but give me your opinions first.

By pure chance Sunset got a free period, along with Fluttershy. The two were on the roof, which is always accessible to students like in Japanese schools, where Fluttershy was sitting on the ground, petting Angel Bunny, who was sitting on her lap, while Sunset had borrowed a normal guitar from the music room and tried her best to optimize her magic play. She only managed one note at a time so far. When she tried more she risked ripping a string.

"Oh mare." Sunset muttered. "You know I learned to play guitar in order to get a better grasp of my hands." Sunset told Fluttershy out of the blue. [A/N: This idea was stolen. I forgot which story.] "Never thought doing it the other way around is harder."

"Oh, I'm sure you will get the hang of it." Fluttershy assured.

"In less than a week? This is just the first step. I'll need to press the chords at the right time too and at the moment, I'm trying not to rip those things apart." She sighed. "Maybe it'll work better if I use picks." She mused. "Oh poop. I didn't take any with me. Be right back."

Sunset left, trotting towards the door, which led to the staircase. Seeing her use her magic didn't startle Fluttershy anymore. The girl could only imagine how it was to have magic at your disposal the entire time. Every time her own magic awakened during the band sessions, it felt incredible.

"Oh my." Distracted by her own thoughts, a strong gust managed to send some important papers of hers flying of the roof. Luckily they didn't fly across the street or anything, instead just landed on the grassy grounds in front of the school building.

"Oh." Fluttershy groaned. Not wanting to push her luck more than necessary, she quickly ran to the staircase herself. It took her around five minutes to reach the entrance. Luckily it wasn't particular as windy as it was on the roof, so her papers were still there.

Relieved, she quickly walked outside and started picking up her homework, notes and a few other things. She was about to pick up the last sheet, but a purple dog bested her to it and ran away.

"Oh my." Fluttershy "exclaimed" surprised, as she watched the dog running away. It looked perticulary familiar.

"Spike!" Twilight yelled. "Come here!"

The pink haired girl was pleasantly surprised to see Twilight being here earlier than Sunset told everyone she would arrive. Though for some reason she wasn't wearing her regular clothes, but some black formal clothes. Rarity would have a fit over the lack of personality her clothes expressed.

Twilight picked up the paper from her dog and handed it over to Fluttershy. "I'm sorry about this. He can be very playful at times."

"Oh that's alright. Hmm?"

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing. I was just afraid the paper would be wet. I'm surprised that there aren't even any bite marks." the butter yellow skinned girl said, inspecting the paper from all angles. The other girl giggled at that and looked a little proud.

"Yes, about that, I trained him to be careful with papers. He's become my number one assistant, so to speak."

Fluttershy giggled. "I see. You're early Twilight. Sunset said you would come after school."

Twilight didn't respond. She stood there, surprised that the high school student knew her name. Spike just sat beside her, his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"Twilight?"

"E-excuse me." Twilight noticed herself that she had been quiet for some time. "How do you know my name?"

"Huh? What do you mean Twilight? It's me, Fluttershy. Oh, I didn't upset you, did I? I'm really sorry if I did. I'm sorry for not noticing. Please forgive me."

Twilight was taken aback, by the girl's sudden change in behavior. Fluttershy was pleading her for forgiveness, although there was nothing to be forgiven. Luckily she was a quick thinker and could easily come up with a logical explanation after a few seconds.

"Perhaps you're mistaking me for someone else?" Twilight provided her theory to the girl, who was at the verge of tears. "Because I'm sure I never met you. I also don't attend..." she looked over to the sign "...Canterlot High."

Fluttershy took in this information and considered it, mainly as a small hope that she didn't really upset her friend. Then came to mind one of the first conversations Sunset had with her friends, back before the incident with the Dazzlings.

XIII

"Say what again?" Rainbow asked for confirmation. "There's another me over there at Twilight's place who claims to be as awesome as I am?"

"If you put it that way..." Sunset cleared her throat. "Anyways, I'm pretty sure you've at least seen one sci-fi movie about parallel dimensions or heard about the multiverse theory."

"So that's what it's called? Not as fancy as ah remembered it." Applejack stated.

"Yeah. Equestria is completely different from this place. But the people here are ponies on the other side of the mirror. Not only ponies, I think I recognized someone who has a gryphon counterpart. But you get the gist of things."

"Oh, so THAT'S why I thought Twilight has a twin sister with a dog that looked exactly like the one she had with her, who lived in the city!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Seriously? Ya didn't even thought it maght be the Twilight from the city?"

Pinkie in return only shook her head.

"If everyone here has a counterpart, what about your counterpart darling?" Rarity addressed the issue.

Sunset frowned in return. "Dunno. As soon as I figured out how things worked here, I looked for her in town, city, internet. Surprisingly she's one of the rare people who don't have a facebook account. Maybe I'll meet her someday, but so far."

XIII

"Oh my goodness! I'm really, really sorry."

"It's...alright." Twilight tried to reassure. "Umm, you attend Canterlot High, right?"

"Mhm." the other girl replied meekly.

"Tell me, did anything strange happened lately?"

"Eh..."

Before Fluttershy could muster up some kind of answer, Twilight pressed on.

"Like the supposed gas explosion, which took out the front of this school a couple of months ago. I checked and according to the plans from the town hall, no gas pipes were ever running underground. At least from this side of the school." [As far as I understand American law, everyone has access to those kind of things, if he/she waits long enough. Please tell me if I'm wrong, if not, it's my story, deal with it :)]

Fluttershy only let out another meek-sound in response, hiding behind her long hair.

"Or a couple of weeks ago, there were rumors going around about some "weird lights" and "UFOs"." Twilight shook her head "I don't belief in aliens or anything, but I have seen those lights myself. It was almost like it had some kind of form, but I was more focused on another part of the night-sky. You see, there was a meteor supposed to be seen that night and I wanted to test my new telescope-
right. I'm getting off topic again. Anyways, what I wanted to ask you, was there anything...unusual? There was some kind of school event, wasn't there?"

"Y-yes." Twilight could guess the answer by the nod the other girl gave her.

"And back to my actual question, did you notice anything unusual?" Twilight pressed, as in getting all serious, taking a step forward, as well as leaning forward. Poor Fluttershy shrunk, in matter of speaking, under the gaze.

"..."

"Excuse me, could you speak up please? I have a hard time understanding you."

"T-there was nothing.

"What was that?"

"Nothing was strange."

Twilight was getting a little frustrated with the girl. "How about you either nod or shake your head."

Fluttershy shook her head vigorously, her hair almost hitting Twilight. Still, Twilight may had not many social skills, but even she could tell on small habits, like Fluttershy playing with her hair, that the girl was lying. She read up on the subject on social behaviors, since her brother wouldn't stop pestering her.

"Is that so?"

"I-I need to go!" Fluttershy said and left in a haste.

Twilight stood there for a few more seconds, before taking out a pencil and notepad.

"She was nervous about the subject. Possible personal experience? Bad experience in general? Hmm..."