• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 10,618 Views, 268 Comments

Week of the unicorn - CrossRedstone



Twilight accidentally over-shot a spell, which went straight through the portal and by pure chance hit Sunset. Well, so much for band practice. Hooves aren't exactly made to play guitar.

  • ...
15
 268
 10,618

Cute little pony

Author's Note:

Random thoughts are random. Needed three hours for this. Needs improvement.

"What do you mean I have to copy that?!" Rainbow exclaimed, as Sunset gave her a deadpan look. It had been a very long day for the unicorn and she really wasn't in the mood for any more shenanigans.

"Rainbow, you think the teachers won't get suspicious if they see my horn writing and not your hand writing?" she asked the girl.

"Oh...right, I...wait, horn writing?"

"Expression from Equestria. Horn, magic."

"Oh." Rainbow Dash picked up "her homework" and put it away. Since they were all present at Sweet Apple Acres already, they decided to do their homework together. Granny Smith provided them with little treats during the time and didn't even comment on the unicorn being in the kitchen anymore.

At one point Applebloom joint in, but she was very distracted by the sentient pony being in the same room, as she was. More often than not she would try to give Sunset a little streak on the back, which caused Sunset's mood to drop rather rapidly. Applebloom could consider herself lucky that Sunset wasn't able to use more magic, than simple levitation. At the one point she started her own homework, she had to give magic up completely and resume into using her mouth.

By the time she was done, the pony felt completely exhausted. She spit out the ballpoint pen, causing Rarity to cringe slightly and let out a huge yawn. "Sorry everyone. I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Are you alright, Sunset?" Applebloom asked.

"Urrgh, not used to using magic anymore, I guess." the unicorn replied.

"Ah can prepare the bed in the guest room, if ya want." Applejack offered.

"Thanks, but I think the couch will be enough. It's not like I'm planning on sleeping until tomorrow morning." she replied, getting down from her chair and walking towards the living room, where Granny was sleeping in her rocking chair.

Sunset placed herself on the couch and put her head on one of the cushions. Despite it only being a couch, it was very comfortable and in a matter of minutes she was asleep.


The rest of the Rainbooms didn't have the brains Sunset have, as a result it took them longer to complete their homework for the next day.

"That was really mean of the teachers." Pinkie Pie complained. "I mean Sunny got turned into a unicorn! We should have thrown a party!"

"Pinkie, if things would go after you, the parties would never end." Rainbow Dash commented, looking up from her portable gaming console. The only thing she would have been helpful was sports and human anatomy, but none of the others had homework centered around that. As a result, no one started complaining, when Rainbow Dash didn't start helping the others. Normally it was she who needed help anyways.

"Hmm, since we're all finished, why don't we go and check on Sunset? I'm a little worried about the poor dear." Rarity aired her concerns. Silently agreeing, everyone got up from the table and walked into the living room of the Apples. What they found was an adorable little pony, lying on the side and her front legs slowly moving in a gallop motion. The other's d'awwed at the sight in front of them.

"She must be dreaming." Fluttershy stated, as she walked over to the couch and sat down on it. As gently as possible she put Sunset's head on her lap, who then instinctively leaned closer towards the warm body of her friend. A gentle smile appeared on Fluttershy's lips and gently she scratched behind Sunset's ear. What followed was an adorable whinny and her hind legs kicking something invisible.

"Oh my..." Rarity placed herself on the other side and soon started stroking Sunset's back. Pinkie Pie not wanting to be left out, giddily jumped over (in very small jumps) and knelt down in front of the couch, gently scratching Sunset's neck.

"If ah wouldn't know better, ah'd say she did some kinda magic voodoo on us." Applejack talked to Rainbow Dash.

"I don't get why everyone is acting that way. Sure, she is a unicorn, which is pretty awesome, but look at them. They're acting like four year old girls."

"Oh please, Rainbow Dash." Rarity waved off with her free hand. "You're simply not all over her, because it would be "uncool" to act in such a way."

"Resistance is futile, Dashie!" Pinkie Pie all of the sudden stood in front of Rainbow Dash, her eyes swirling like crazy. "Join the herd Dashie."

"Uh...Pinks? Could you stop?" Rainbow asked, a little crept out by her friend's newest antics.

"Your head is full of ponies, now." Pinkie took a step forward. Instinctively Dash took a step backwards.

"Pinkie..."

Said girl was all of the sudden behind Rainbow Dash, grabbed the sports captain on both arms and forced her to look at Sunset. "Resistance is futile! You know you want it." The pink girl hissed into Rainbow's ear, who looked at her friend with wide eyes.

"Will you stop if I say she's cute?" Dash tried.

"You will be assimilated into the herd." Pinkie continued unfazed. "Oooh! A muffin!"

Rainbow turned around, to see that Pinkie had her mouth around AJ's hand. As the girl pulled back, there was only the paper left, which had been wrapped around the presumably muffin.

The farm girl wiped her hand dry on her skirt. "Just what actually happened?" RD asked.

"Wish ah know."