• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 10,697 Views, 268 Comments

Week of the unicorn - CrossRedstone



Twilight accidentally over-shot a spell, which went straight through the portal and by pure chance hit Sunset. Well, so much for band practice. Hooves aren't exactly made to play guitar.

  • ...
15
 268
 10,697

Let.....go.......

Author's Note:

Might redo this chapter.

"W-w-wait a sec. You actually GROW gems and gold?!" One of the students exclaimed.

"How do you think I managed to make myself a living? If my math is correct you could get the cheapest gems for 20 to 50$, if we would accept paper money over there. Our coins after all are made of pure gold, no other metals are inside it. Now before any of you say that is impossible, remember that I'm from a land where magic is as common as electricity."

Sunset could practically see the dollar notes where the pupils were supposed to be.

"As you can probably guess, the Diamond Dogs weren't too happy about our discovery. It led to quite a few kidnappings or as we say foalnappings. Hey, we're ponies, deal with our choice of words. Other nations followed Equestria into making their own gems, so eventually the Diamond Dogs gave up. They needed to give a huge amount of their jewelry to us ponies for what they had done.

The little irony is, with rock farming you can't get high valuable gems, unless you spend years and even more years growing them. Works better underground from what I've read. Or something else, I wasn't really interested in that subject."

The school-bell rang, indicating it was the end of the period. Sunset let out a sigh of relief, while the rest of the class was a little disappointed, knowing the rest of the day would be the normal curriculum.

Sunset put her stuff into her bag and mentally prepared herself for what was about to come. In an attempt to delay the inevitable Sunset stayed behind until everyone else was out of the classroom.

"Sunset Shimmer" her teacher spoke to her "that was a rather good job. Have you ever thought of becoming a teacher?"

"Uhh...no? I can't really see myself as a teacher." she replied. "Besides, half of them were asleep the whole time anyway."

"Well, now you know why I grow so frustrated so fast." he chuckled. "By the way, I think your audience is waiting." he pointed towards the classroom door.

"Thanks for the reminder. Not."

Time Turner only laughed harder. The mare guessed it was some sort of a late payback for how she used to be.

The unicorn took her bag with her magic grip and trotted outside, where she was immediately surrounded by a group of students, all looking expectantly down at her. Sunset looked back at them, but they weren't moving even an inch. She sighed.

"Okay, we've all seen the unicorn. Mind if you step away? I need to go to class."

"How does she talk? Ponies are supposed to have different vocals."

"Still here, you know." she waved with her hoof. How can one be ignored and overwhelmed with attention at the same time? Well, here we have one way.

"OW!" The unicorn hadn't been paying attention, as one female student from the side had decided on testing out whether her horn was real or just glued on.

"Wow."

"Hey, watch it!" Sunset snapped, jerking her head away from the hand. "Look, I know this is exciting and all, but you're all seriously getting on my nerves already!" she exclaimed.

To their credit, her fellow students had guilty expressions on their faces. "Sorry Sun, we just wanted to see for ourselves-"

"We want to see some magic. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase?" Roseluck gave the unicorn the best puppy dog eyes she could muster.

"Seriously?" Sunset asked with a deadpan, levitating her bag in front of their faces. "There. Happy?"

"Come on, just a little trick besides making things fly." pleaded Daisy.

Sunset rolled her eyes, but then she got a light-bulb moment. "Fine, pay attention, because I'm only going to do this once." I give every reader one chance to find out what she's going to do. Everyone who doesn't knows it by the time she/he is reading those lines, get your brains checked. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Sorry, I did, didn't I?

Back to the story, Sunset charged up her horn, while her fellow students looked expectantly for something cool to happen. The glow around Sunset's horn intensified and out of nowhere became a blinding flash of light. By the time the eyes of the humans readjusted, Sunset was gone.

XIII

"Good old teleportation. Works every time." Sunset smiled a little smugly, turning around only to run into a pair of legs and landing on her rump.

"Ow. Sorry about-"

"Oh my goodness!"

Oh please no.

With the speed of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy had knelt down and picked Sunset up in her arms, completely ignoring that she just appeared out of nowhere by the way.

"Aw, aren't you just the most adorable little thing I've ever seen?" she asked, scratching Sunset behind her ears. Wow, that really IS comfortable...FOCUS SUNSET!

"Shy-"

"Oh, I didn't hurt you too much, did I?" The girl continued asking, while pressing Sunset harder against her chest.

"Fluttershy-"

"Oh my gosh, you can speak!" Sunset was now desperately grasping for air. "Are you alright little one? Are you hungry perhaps? What is this?"

"Arrgghh..." Sunset charged up her horn and quickly teleported in front of Fluttershy, who let out a shriek and jumped backwards. The girl was shocked long enough for Sunset to recover her breath.

"Fluttershy...you know, it's me...Sunset Shimmer?"

"Oh...I-I...knew that. It's all over the school network."

The unicorn titled her head. "Then why did you just...you know..."

Fluttershy blushed and did her trademark thing, hiding behind her overly large hair. It somehow also made it impossible to hear her already very timid voice.

"What was that?"

Because you look cute.

"Seriously Fluttershy, just say it. I won't be mad." Sunset tried to reassure the girl, by coming closer and smiling up at her. She got her answer, just not from Fluttershy.

"Oh, she looks so CUUUUUUUUUUTE~!!" A shriek emitted from the other side of the hallway. Sunset turned around and immediately she wished she didn't. With a huge smile that made Sunset's eyes shrink in fear, Pinkie Pie was running over to her. Before she could react, Sunset was helplessly wiggling her legs, while Pinkie was pressing the air out of the unicorn.

"Pin....kie...." The unicorn dramatically held out one of her front-legs, her vision getting blurry.

"Pinkie Pie...ah think ya should let her go." Applejack approached from behind. "Whoa, nelly." she whispered more to herself. "Now that's something ya don't see every day."

In the meantime Sunset was dropped to the ground, the poor mare having a hard time catching her breath.

"Oh my, I never imagined ponies could loos so FABULOUS!" Yup Rarity was there too, with Rainbow Dash arriving as the last person.

"Holy...! Wow Sun, never thought you were one for tattoos." the sports girl commented, smirking.

"Girls...what are you doing?" Her friends were now crouching around her, all smiling at her. "I swear if one of you...Shy, would you be so kind and take your hand off my mane?"

"Oh...I'm sorry." the girl took her hand back, looking guilty, despite Sunset trying to be gentle.

"Aw, don't be such a grumpy pants." Pinkie pulled on the tail of the pony.

"Gaah!!" the mare jumped accidentally directly into Fluttershy's arms. Having already experience with other animals, tried to calm her down by slowly stroking her back.

"Awww." came immediately from the others, causing Sunset to blush. How does a blush shine through fur anyway?

"Urrgh..." Sunset pushed herself away from Fluttershy, trying to safe some dignity. The other girl wasn't too happy about it. "Can we please get to homeroom already? We're already late as it is."

"You're no fun, Sun." Rainbow complained, also pulling on her tail.

This is going to be a VERY LONG DAY.