• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 10,693 Views, 268 Comments

Week of the unicorn - CrossRedstone



Twilight accidentally over-shot a spell, which went straight through the portal and by pure chance hit Sunset. Well, so much for band practice. Hooves aren't exactly made to play guitar.

  • ...
15
 268
 10,693

Another chapter with no title

Author's Note:

Maybe I should have waited until Friendship Games was out. Now I have to change up some things I planned in my head.

Fluttershy nervously tapped her with her fingers on the table, glancing at the clock every two seconds. Only five more minutes. Only five more minutes!!! she mentally screamed. It was unfortunate, she and Sunset were in different rooms the entire day and only would be able to see each other during the breaks, lunch and after school. The animal caretaker would never admit it, but she was kind of on addicted to petting and generally caring for her unicorn friend. Who could blame her, Sunset was a unicorn! The one thing every girl wanted to have as a pet.

Nervously she glanced up again. Five more minutes. She hadn't been able to focus on the problem their teacher had given them anyway. Miss Harshwhinny walked in front of the class towards the clock, frowning. She glanced up at it and checked her watch. Grumbling something incomprehensible, she moved up her chair and stepped onto it, to get the clock down. She fidgeted a bit on it, until she was satisfied and hung it back. It now was 20 minutes until class ended. Fluttershy buried her face in her papers.


If Sunset's new form was good for anything, it was running. Being a quadruplet gave her a great advantage over the young girls, who tried to use her like those plastic pony toys. Or should she say abuse? In any event, she recovered some magic, all of which she would use in a few minutes for practice, if she survived the brushy army, that is. These girls were pretty clever. They didn't chase her all at once, rather some of them were positioned at almost every corner of the school with mad grins on their faces.

Sunset needed to change directions, dodge hugs, run between legs, but in the end, she managed to get into the music room, slam the door shut and put a piano in front of the door. Her friends all watched her with a raised eyebrow, as the unicorn caught her breath.

"Aww, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, slowly stroking with her fingers through the unicorn's mane. Unconsciously, Sunset leaned into the touch, making the girl smile.

"Yeah, anyways, you ready Sunset?" Rainbow Dash asked, shredding a tune.

Sunset levitated her instrument over and prepared the little chip, carefully shredding a few tunes. "Don't expect a perfect run from the get go. This is totally different from using hands."

"Don't worry, hun. If it ain't work, then it ain't work." Applejack tried to assure. "No one is expecting you ta be perfect from the get go, right Rainbow?" the farm girl glared at her friend, who got the message.

"Yeah, sure. Let's start already!"

It went as well, as one might expect. Sunset while not without talent, barely hit the notes. She just couldn't keep up with the rest of the girls. As a result, a rather dejected Sunset put her guitar away into its case. Even the tough Rainbow Dash couldn't help but feel bad upon seeing the dejected pony, because she was a cute pony.

"Aw, don't worry Sunset." Fluttershy put a hand on the unicorns back. "You'll manage it eventually. You didn't miss all the notes."

"Yeah, manage it eventually." Sunset echoed. "In like, what? A month? I barely have a week. No, you girls should probably play on your own. Maybe you can ask Twilight to join? She has a good singing voice after all."

"Oh no, don't you go that way with me." Rainbow Dash bent down in front of her unicorn friend and pulled the animal face to face with herself.

"Now you listen to me, you...little pony! First off, we're NOT going to replace you. And second off: you're not going to give up! So what if today went lousy? You still have the rest of the day! And tomorrow! And the day after tomorrow! And I know if anyone can manage to re-learn playing guitar in a couple of days, it's you!" Rainbow lightly punched Sunset's nose with her fist.

"We still got a couple of minutes left. Now get that thing out and show us how you shred!"

Sunset wasn't sure whether to be inspired by the speech or touched.

"Alright." Shaking her head clear, Sunset summoned her magic again, but instead of her horn glowing in a light green light, green sparks came out of it.


In the meantime, at Crystal Prep, Twilight Sparkle was sitting in the room, which was provided by the principal to her for simply being the best student. Right now she was watching for what seemed to be the hundredth time, the video she took with her Smart Phone. It actually were just a few seconds of apples flying through the sky, while being surrounded by a green light.

"If I wouldn't have seen this with my own eyes..." she sighed and slammed her head on her desk. "This is getting out of hand. People will laugh over me and call me crazy." More than usual. She mentally added.

"Woof!"

Twilight looked down and found her trusty number one assistant, Spike the purple dog, looking up at her, sitting on his haunches. She picked him up and placed him on her lap. The dog then proceeded into licking his mistress' face, causing her to giggle.

"Stop it, you silly dog." She pushed his head down. "But you're right. I can't just give up like that." She readjusted her glasses and spun around in her chair and rolled towards the large clipboard.

"Many were called crazy at the beginning before they turned out to be a genius. I just have to show them that I'm right and that we're about to enter a completely new area in the world of science."

She rolled back to her desk and opened a browser. Next she opened two taps, one for Google, searching for Sweet Apple Acres and the other being the homepage of Canterlot High.

"I still have a free period. Let's see what we can find."