• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 10,662 Views, 268 Comments

Week of the unicorn - CrossRedstone



Twilight accidentally over-shot a spell, which went straight through the portal and by pure chance hit Sunset. Well, so much for band practice. Hooves aren't exactly made to play guitar.

  • ...
15
 268
 10,662

Good doggie

Author's Note:

Finally got to this again.

For the rest of the day, there was always at least one of Sunset's friends "escorting" the unicorn to each period of class. Though to be honest, she wasn't really paying attention. She felt down after realizing that she had exhausted her whole magic for the day, meaning an entire day missed re-learning to play the guitar. In order to distract herself from disappointing her friends (in her opinion), she grabbed herself one of Twilight's books and read it during the periods. She had to be careful though. Because of her transformation, the teachers almost always had their eyes set on her.

During lunch, the rest of the girls tried themselves on the Princes' books, but each of them gave up rather quickly.

"This is so eggheadish." Rainbow Dash complained. "And here I thought magic is cool."

"Magic is cool." Sunset replied, flipping pages. "But it's not safe without proper studying. Just look at Twilight. If she wouldn't have learned to control her power, she would be a living, walking, nuclear magic bomb with wings."

That silenced the girls for a couple of seconds, until Rainbow Dash started to laugh at the mental image in her head. Rolling her eyes, Sunset doubled her focus in studying the tome.


At the end of the day AJ, Mac, Rainbow and Sun drove back to Sweet Apple Acres. Upon arrival, Sunset immediately got to her homework, since she had to do twice the amount of work, thanks to her promise. Wanting to stock up her magic reserves, Sunset resumed to using her mouth to write everything down.

An hour later, she trotted into the living room, where she found Rainbow Dash and Applejack arm wrestling on the family table.

"Your homework is on the kitchen table, Rainbow."

"Thanks...ngh....Sun." the athlete said through gritted teeth.

"Hey Applejack. Is there any place around your farm, where I can take a walk without being seen?" the unicorn asked.

"Behind....ngh...the barn. Ngh...all...ngh...family property. Almost....ngh...no one...ngh...goes there."

"Thanks. I'll be around. Have fun girls."


If the pony wouldn't know better, she'd have thought she landed in an apple forest. The only thing preventing her from completely succumbing into the fantasy was the fact that the trees were all lined up in a certain pattern.

Sunset usually wasn't the time to causally go on a walk, but right now she definitely needed some fresh air. She didn't feel so down anymore, about having disappointed her friends, but it still stung. Plus, if she was stuck in this body, she might as well make the most of it, while she had the chance to actually use it. Plus, it kinda felt nice being petted.

Sunset shook her head, getting rid of the thought. If this kept up, she would end up snuggling Fluttershy all day, AFTER she turned back into a human.

She found a stray apple, which escaped her magic grasp earlier today on the ground. After cleaning the dirt of on her coat, she sat down on a nearby tree stump and calmly ate the fruit. Surely Applejack wouldn't mind. Plus, apples tasted way better, when you're a pony.

A sudden noise in one of the nearby bushes caught her attention. Expecting to find some kind of animal on the other side, the unicorn sneaked up on the bush and slowly lowered the branches with her leg.

"Woof!"

"Ahh!"

A purple dog jumped out of the bushes, directly at Sunset's face. Taken by surprise, the unicorn stood up on her hindlegs, lost balance and fell onto her back. The dog seemingly being a playful one, jumped on top of her and started licking her face.

"Urrgh...ahaha...AHH! Get...haha...down!"

The unicorn pony shoved the dog from her body to the ground and rolled over. Unfortunately this ended up with her tail landing on the dog's face, who thought it was a really nice toy.

"AIIIEEEEEEEE!" Sunset Shimmer screamed like a little girl, when the dog decided to pull her tail.

"Let go!" she shouted, before giving the thing a powerful kick with her hind leg. She could hear the dog yelp in surprise and then whimper, when he hit the ground.

Sunset turned around to take a better look at her "opponent".

"Spike?!" the unicorn exclaimed, realizing who she just kicked. She ran up to his side and took his head into her foreleg.

"Are you alright? What was that all about?" she asked.

The dog opened his eyes and pushed his legs against her face, while his tongue adorably hung out of his mouth.

"Spike...?"

"Woof!"

"Oh no." Sunset suddenly realized who she had in front of her. Not Spike, but Spike. And that could only one thing...

"Spike? Spike!" an all too familiar voice called.

"Woof! Wo-!"

"No." Sunset leaped herself on Spike's back and clasped his mouth shut with her hooves. Uncomfortable in this position, Spike struggled to get away from the pony.

"Shh, shh." Sunset readjusted herself in a way, where Spike was a little more comfortable, but she still had her grip on the dog.

"Everything is fine. There's no need to get loud." the unicorn tried to sooth the struggling dog.

"Spiiike! Where are you?"

The dog increased his struggle, making it harder and harder for Sunset to keep him down.

"Spike!!"

"Arf!" The purple not lizard, but dog managed to break free with his head and let out a series of barks. "Arf, arf, arf!"

"No!" Sunset whisper/shouted. "Horsefeathers!"

"Spike? Are you alright?"

The voice was coming closer. In fact it was already pretty close.

"Spike?"

Very close.

"Arf!"

Seeing as she couldn't keep her current position concealed anymore, Sunset Shimmer let go of Spike, turned around and ran as if her life depended on it.


Sunset stopped, after running a full sprint for two minutes. She leaned against the tree, trying to catch her breath.

"I need to work out more. Need to be fit for the games after all."

"Woof!"

No.

Eeyup. Spike had been following her the entire time.

"Spike, you stop right now!!"

And so did his owner.