• ...
3
 21
 2,037

Revelations

Ziggs fastened his helmet and pulled his goggles up above his eyes as he finished donning his battle gear. The sun just began to poke its head over the horizon, combining with the eery silence that filled the house.


"Z-Ziggs?" a voice came from his bedroom door.


The yordle nearly bounced up in surprise as he turned to face the lavender unicorn who was observing his battle armor.


"Whatcha need Twi'? Ziggs replied, strapping on a backpack full of hexplosive bombs, satchel charges, and mines, before securing a large bomb, at least 3 times the size of the others, over his pack. That should do it.


"What are you wearing?" Twilight inquired, continuing to analyze the strange metal armor.


"Prepping for the match today, you and your brother ready to go?" the yordle spoke, standing up and walking over to the door, which he motioned for Twilight to exit through. She obliged and left, Ziggs close in tow.

"Well, my brother's already up, and we saw the food you left out for us, and by the way it was wonderful, so yea, we're both fed, and we uh found your shower, and kinda used it... heh,-" the lavender unicorn was cut off by her armored caretaker.


"No problem, whatever's mine is yours now. But ... " Ziggs trailed off, walking over to the window, and staring out across the vast open expanse of badlands.

"What is it? Is it ..." Twilight swallowed hard, " Him? Is the assassin here again?" Ziggs took a deep breath and sighed heavily. He turned back to face Twi' with a look of angst in his eyes.

"It's just ... It's been so long since I've had anyone around. Anyone that' not trying to kill me anyways." Ziggs muttered something about Rift Walking under his breath as he continued. " Twi, I'll be frank, everyone around me dies. I once ... I once rescued a group of scientists from Zaunite mercs. You know where all those scientists are now? Six feet under is where." Ziggs said emotionally, pointing at the ground sorrowfully. " Only one, Heimer, is still breathing. They all died, because of me and my foolish actions. It was all a trap! All of it! After the award ceremony they all turned up dead in thieir houses within a month." Ziggs had tears welling up in his eyes. Twilight shoo'd her brother when he came round a corner, and she looked on at Ziggs with empathy. "And the worst part is ..." Ziggs walked over to his coffee table. " ... I know exactly who did it. That assassin that came here." Ziggs sat down on the sofa, and hung his head between his arms, lifting his goggle's up. "That assassin's name is Talon. And HE made me kill my fiancee. She was only 28. She was only fucking twenty-eight!" Ziggs yelled at himself, flipping the table, shattering the glass. " Talon killed all the scientists after we escaped too. And Twilight ... That's why today is so important ... Today is my chance ... " Ziggs looked at Twilight, a maniacal grin spreading across his tear streaked face, a look of fiery vengance in his eyes.\

"Ziggs, I-I ...." Twilight choked, at a loss for words at the heart wrenching revelation.

Ziggs started to giggle. And then it broke into laughter, and before you knew it, he was full on cackling like a true super villain. "No Twilight, this isn't about you or your brother, or anyone else. This is about me, and Talon." Ziggs spoke firmly, beating his chest. Cus' you know what twi?" Ziggs turned to the window, looking out, longingly.

"Today's the day Talon dies."


7 hours later, at the entrance of the League Of Legends Prep Temple


Ziggs stood behind a large column, the two Ponies ducking behind him. Ziggs peeked around the corner, looking up at the glistening marble columns that stood vigilantly beside the massive gateway to the temple. Walking up the steps was a group of oddly assorted people and ... things. Closest to where Ziggs was, strode another yordle, furry and cute. His eyes were hidden beneath his scout hat, his ears poking through the top of his helmet. His helmet bore worn red goggles, and and odd purple feather. he carried a blowgun, and a pack full of what appeared to be some odd variety of mushrooms and darts, along with assorted scrolls and parchments. He climbed the steps quickly, an aura of speed seeming to emanate from him. He wore little green boots. complimented by brown pants, and had a furry red scarf fastened around his neck. He also appeared to be wearing a pair of mittens.

"That's Teemo, the Swift Scout." Ziggs said, sating Twilght's obvious curiosity. "He'll be on my team this match. He'll be our top lane. he may look cute and cuddly, but trust me, guy's a cold blooded killer when he needs to be. What's even scarier is he doesn't even seem to have to use his vision to fight."

"He doesn't look that tough ..." Shining muttered.

"Killers come in many shapes and sizes my friend ... Take that guy over there? Does HE look tough to you?" Ziggs spoke, slightly mockingly, and pointed to a sizeable man adorned in massive armour. He carried a gargantuan broadsword, along with donning huge pauldrons, and a gleaming gold chest plate. The giant shoulder guards had sparkling sapphires inset in the golden trim. beneath his armour, the man wore an elegant blue fabric, with simple brown boots and gloves. Around his neck, and down his back, hung a vibrant blue scarf.

"That my pony companion is Garen, the Might of Demacia. He's literally the greatest non royal warrior to come out of Demacia. He's still a noble of course, but most of the other warriors, like J4, are Princes and Kings. Anyways, point is, the guy is a monster. He'll be on the opposing team as their top lane, Teemo's in for the fight of his life but I'm sure he'll pull through."

"If I may ask, what exactly IS the League? I mean, you talk about it so fondly. You mentioned earlier that pon-er, creatures,die here. Are you like, the champion or something?" Twilight asked, slightly nervous at Zigg's response. Zigg's chuckled lightheartedly, smiling at twi.

" It's no biggie, yeah you CAN die, that's true, but the Arch Mages of Valoran always bring you back within a few seconds of death. Anyways, Let's get goin." Ziggs knelt down, unstrapping his satchel pack, and opening it up, he stood back up, opening it wide enough for a man to fit inside. He looked at the ponies, and then back a the sack, then back to the ponies, and then at the sack.

"No. There's no possible way we'll fit in there! Much less comfortably. When you said you'd sneak us in, this isnt what i had in mind."Twilight spoke, bemused.

"Oh, you'll fit trust me. Me and Heimerdinger designed this lil' guy together. Holds 100 times more than it looks like it could. Trust me, just get in. This is the only way to get you into the viewing room, and by extension to the arch-magi. I refrained from telling you, but I made a deal with the mages last night when you were asleep. If we win, they agreed to send you back home. But if we lose ..." Ziggs gulped, " They get my life force. In other words, I die so that they can increase their power." Twilight began, but Ziggs cut her off. "It's done now. They're the only mages in all of Runeterra with magic powerful enough to accurately, and safely, send you two home. Plus, I figured it was a good deal, considering Talon is on the opposing team, I'm not losing, no matter what. Now c'mon, get in the sack, both of you." Ziggs gestured to the bag with his head once again.

The two technicolor ponies aquiesced and threw themselves into the bag, one after another. Twilight and Shining hit the bottom of the void backpack within a few seconds, settling down near a pile of hundreds of bombs, all with the fuses out in the open, ready to be lit. All of a sudden Twilight began to feel sick at the thought of the destruction they would soon cause.

"You all settled? Alright we're heading inside, keep quiet and when I say to get out, bail and run to the viewing room. You'll know where it is once we're inside. Let's go! " Said Ziggs excitedly, throwing the sack over his back, causing Twi and Shining to stumble over awkwardly.

"And so it begins ..." Shining spoke over the sound of metal boots on marble steps.


One Hour Later, Inside the Prep Temple

"Let's gogogo! C'mon we gotta go fast, someone might see us." Ziggs said hastily, as he dumped Twilight and Shining onto the floor. The two ponies scrambled to their hooves, shaking their heads comically. "This way, this way!" Ziigs hurried the ponies through a set of metal double doors into a small theatre room. There were two rows of 5 seats, all of them empty, and Ziggs pushed Shining and Twilight into the back row, into the seats farthest from the door.

"I'm going to lock the door with this." Ziggs spoke, showing them the small black pendant like device he held in his hands.

"What is it?" Twilight asked, intrigued.

"It's a morphic liquid I got from Heimer. It hardens into impenetrable rubber for 90 minutes after use. Alright guys, this is it. Just stay here and watch the screen, call me if you need help. Use these." Ziggs said, handing each pony a headset with a small battery pack. "Just hold the button on the little rectangle, and I'll be able to hear you, see?" he said, brushing away his fur, and revealing a smaller reciever device around his ear.

"Okay Ziggs. But promise me something." Twilight said, with acompassionate tone in her voice.

"Yeah ?" Zigss said, starting towards the door.

"Come back in one piece. And one last thing." Twilight said hopping up from her seat, and cantering over to Ziggs. She rose up on two hooves, and gave Ziggs a big hug, embracing him. "Thank you for all you've done for us. We would have never made it this far had you not helped us out of our situation. So once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you." Ziggs blushed, and returned the hug warmly.

"It's nothing Twi', I've been waiting for this match for a long time anyways. I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone." replied Zigg's graciously.

"Be safe..." Twi cautioned Ziggs, trailing off, as he exited the room. Twilight redirected her attention the large screen that adorned the front wall. It seemed to give off a mystical aura as the glassy surface was clouded with orbs of white energy swirling around benevolently. She began to think to herself. About home. About the match. About life as she knew it. She always knew there were others out among the stars, but she never imagined them to be as ... well, violent as they seem to be. I mean, they kill each other as sport, only to come back and do it over again. It just seemed so wrong. So vile and repugnant to her. And even as the door was sealed, and as Shining dozed off as Twilight pondered her thoughts, no one noticed the tall man standing behind Twilight. Watching patiently, and curiously, before he simply phased out of existence, as if he had never even been there.

Twilight instinctively turned around, sensing something, yet there was nobody there. Slightly startled she resumed her contemplations. But the man had been there. The man hadn't just been watching either, he had been reading Twilight's thoughts. And in her foolishness, Twilight thought about Equestria and her friends back home. A dangerous mistake.

So as she sat there, thinking, she didn't realize the catastrophe she had just released upon Equestria. Even now, the man's ethereal essence streaked through the universe at an incomprehensibly fast speed, passing through stars and planets randomly, seeming to have no desired destination.

But the man had a destination in mind. A little planet called Equestria.


10 Minutes later, Summoning Platform

Zigg's closed his eyes in silent anticipation, waiting to be summoned. Slowly, he felt a buildup of energy inside his body, as arcane magic coursed through his body, while he was teleported to Summoner's Rift. He opened his eyes in excitement, staring at the pre prepared blue nexus and inhibitors. The Nexus began to charge up energy, brightening from a dark blue, to a sapphire colour that radiated with energy. As the base awakened, arcane magic coursing into the various Guardian Towers, scattered across the map neatly in rows leading to the nexus, the Yordle Bomber just smiled wryly.

And so it began.

Comments ( 3 )

I wonder how the mane 6 and the princess's will react to Ziggs "explosive":twilightoops: personality if he follows Twi and her brother to Equestria:rainbowhuh:

Now I don't play LoL, but I do do research on the champions, and shouldn't Ziggs be a little more demented, or are you saving that for when he's in a fight?

Goodluck Ziggs...it's not like Talon can burst you down after he lands cutthroat on you :P

Login or register to comment