• Published 14th Dec 2014
  • 653 Views, 2 Comments

When we First Met. - Gardian Angle



Fluttershy is still new to Ponyville and has no friends. Then she met her.

  • ...
4
 2
 653

That unfortunate faithful day

Fluttershy was walking through town with her brand new first aid-kit. She was going to use it to treat some of her animal friends in the forest. She had also bought some more nails for the cottage she was building there. Then the sky turned grey and the rain started pouring down. Unprepared ponies, which was just about everypony, started rushing by. They tried to find shelter at a friends or others would hold a newspaper over their head and rush home. The few ponies who were prepared shared their umbrellas with however many could fit underneath. Then there was that one odd pink pony who was hopping up and down in the puddles wearing and umbrella hat. Fluttershy was one of those ponies who was unprepared.

She dashed to find a place to stay,but. "Excuse me do you think I could stay here until the storm has passed?"

All wearful. "I'm sorry but, I already have too much as it is."

Fluttershy frowned but, kept moving. "Oh that's okay."

The lightning rumbled and thunder roared. Fluttershy considered going to Cloudsdale to see if her old friend Rainbow Dash would let her stay the night. The last thing she wanted to do was bother her unannounced but, she didn't want to go to her parents place. She couldn't handle seeing her father in a wheelchair, or her mother giving her the cold shoulder, or her older sister blaming her for the accident. It was one of the many reasons she decided to stay in Ponyville. Maybe she could find a big enough cave for her to sleep in. Normally she would stay in her unfinished home but sleeping in the rain could really make a pony sick.

Fluttershy was walking towards the woods to see if all her animal friends where okay. That's when she came across two bunnies lying in the road. She recognized them as Angel, the white one, and Rebecca, the brown one. They were madly in love but, Rebecca hated the rain so why would they be lying in it? That's when Fluttershy saw it, the blood.

She rushed over to them as quick as she could dropping her bag along the way. "Angel what happened? Are you hurt?"

He got up hopping up and down in panic. His fur was tainted in blood but, he didn't seem hurt. Fluttershy quickly examined him but, the blood wasn't his. Angel pointed to Rebecca who was lying on the ground barely breathing.

"Oh my! What happened?" Fluttershy looked in terror. Angel explained that they were running and she wasn't looking where she was going. Then she had tripped and fell over some rocks cutting open her flesh. Angel had dragged her as far as he could then it started to rain.

Knowing how much Rebecca hates rain Fluttershy covered her with her wing. Angel ran to her side beginning Fluttershy for help. "I'll go get my first-aid kit. I think I dropped it just a little down the road." When Fluttershy got up the little brown bunny grabbed at her wing pleading her to say. "I won't be gone long. I'm coming right back I promise." Rebecca refused to let her leave. Angel was going to go get it instead but, Rebecca held on to his paw refusing to let him go.

Suddenly Fluttershy didn't feel the rain any more. She turned around to see a wet white mare standing behind her. "Hello darling. You mustn't be sitting in the middle of the road like that."

"I-I'm sorry." She pointed to Angel and Rebecca. "I'm just trying to help." Then Fluttershy's eyes lit up. "Um..do you think, I mean if you don't mind, can you please go get my first-aid kit. I dropped it a little while back."

"No problem my dear." The mare put the umbrella in the ground to hold it up over Fluttershy's head. "I'll be right back. "

Angel tugged at Fluttershy. Rebecca was breathing slower and starting to close her eyes. "Oh! Hold on Rebecca that nice mare will be right back with my first-aid kit. I'll fix you up nicely and you'll be a-okay." Fluttershy knew that she wasn't going to make it. Her eyes started to tear up. "You'll be fine. You're going to be okay. Then you'll live your life with Angel and me. We'll finish the house and you'll get married and have children. We'll all be one big happy family." Rebecca smiled as she closed her eyes.

When the mare and back Fluttershy was gone and so wear the bunnies all that was left was her umbrella.

*****

A week went by and Fluttershy went back into town. She bought some more screws and some food. She was going to head back when we bumped into the mare from last week. "We meet again darling. May I ask why you run off on the other day?"

Fluttershy blushed. "I'm sorry. I just need to go."

"And without this?" She pulled out the first-aid kit from her saddle bag. "How is that bunny friend of yours anyway?"

Fluttershy took the kit, she held it in her hooves and started to cry. Panicking the mare took her away from the crowed and back to her place. After calming her down and giving her some tea Fluttershy explained everything.

"So she didn't make it, I see. Well maybe getting a new pet will make you feel better. I've always enjoyed cats."

"She wasn't a pet! She was my friend she was Angels soul mate. It hurts that she's gone and you can't replace her because she's family. You wouldn't tell you grandpa to find someone else if your grandma died. That kind of love is irreplaceable. Angel hasn't been the same since. He's a lot more aggressive now. I let it slide because I know what it's like losing a family or a possible chance of one."

"You've lost your parents?"

"Not exactly. I came to Ponyville to start fresh. Not only did they have wonderful calm green forest unlike Clouds Dale but, I also wanted to get away from all the hate. Back at home I was always treated like a lesser being. I had no friends, none that really hung around at least. My mother ignores me and treats my older sister, Raindrops, like the prize child. My sister hates me and blames me for what happened to my father. He was the only one that really understood me until we went to...and his legs...now.he's-" Fluttershy burst into tears.

The mare handed her some tissues. "Boy you sure do have a lot of tears in you."

"I'm s-sorry. I'll go." Fluttershy got up but, the mare stopped her.

"Now there's no need to rush, but if you must then please feel free to stop by anytime. I'm a designer, make dresses mostly but, if you ever need me you can find me right here." She handed Fluttershy her card.

It read:

The Carousel Boutique
Designs by:
Rarity

"Rarity. Oh forgive me I forgot to ask what your name was."

"Dear don't worry about it. It's Rarity but, you know that now."

"Mine's Fluttershy...but I really do need to go. I'll see you...later?" Fluttershy wasn't good at making friends and she wasn't sure if Rarity was just being nice or if she really wanted her around. She hopped that things were finally lighting up for her. It all hang on the what this marshmallow mare said next.

Rarity smiled. "See you later."

Comments ( 2 )

Pretty good and my only complaint is it doesn't read as complete story like you have it listed as... If it were not for that I would've gladly added this to my fave list!!!

What a cute story. :heart:

It's written with good intention, although there are a few grammatical errors and misspellings here and there.
The writing style might not be the most professional, but the story does have it own charm. :ajsmug:

Nicely done. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment