• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 6,113 Views, 177 Comments

Life at Canterlot High - Down with Chrysalis



Is it to much to ask to go to a normal school where an loner can be left alone? It is....well for me at least.

  • ...
12
 177
 6,113

Episode 2: This Day Just Get's Better And Better...

Giant neon hair… studded off-color clothing… glittery mist pouring around them as they saunter through the cafeteria?

Yeah, normally I care about people who follow trends that died out decades ago as much as I care about anyone else, that is to say… not at all. But these three are giving off some seriously bad vibes for me.

The way they hum that creepy song, swaying in time, moving through the crowd like they own them, like they’re better than everyone here… and the way their eyes seem to pulse with this green glare every time they pass a group of the other mesmerized students.

I pull up my hood and scooch closer to Pinkie and her friends, hoping to camouflage myself among the stereotypes. Maybe I could pass myself off as the quiet, angsty one.

“You need somthin’ pardner?” Dapplejack says, scooching away and ruining my cover.

I ignore her and ask, “What’s up with Blue-y, Sunny and Punky over there? No one told me lunch involved an 80’s invasion with a side of fashion disaster.”

The Rainbow jock stifles a laugh, but Jack Apple and the others just cringe.

“Ya’ll better not let them hear ya say that. Them girls are bad news.” She tells me, “Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk. They transferred in from outta nowhere in the middle of the semester, call themselves the Dazzlings, an’ they got a way of making people do what they want.” She casts me a sidelong glance. “Certainly have ways of dealing with any feller dumb enough to mess with them. They must be here to initiate the new guy.”

I get the feeling she’s referring to me, but I keep watch on the so-called Dazzlings. Anyone who can bewitch people to make them do their bidding is a definite ‘nope’ in my book. My time shall remain my own, and I shall do nothing with it if I darn well please!

I just want to sit in the nice quiet dark corner and eat my meaty lunch and read my manga in peace, dang it! Is that too much to ask for?!

Unfortunately they seem to have other plans in mind for me, these disco divas are definitely heading my way, and their eyes keep snapping back to me with that creepy evil glare of theirs. I start looking for a way out…

But dang it! Everywhere’s blocked off by something!

I spot a side exit to the halls, but it’s blocked by three dudes wearing dog collars sorting their collection of shiny rocks. The next door leading outside is blocked by a set of pink speakers and turntable pumping dance music in time to the Dazzling’s song. I spot a label on the side, and squinting I see it reads “Property of Pinkie Pie: in case of singing, break out the tunes.”

Dang it Pinkie. Why are you so random?

That leaves the fire exit.

… Am I really that desperate? Am I really willing to risk whatever consequences come with sounding a fire alarm in the middle of lunch. On my first day too?

*Sigh*

No I’m not.

Whatever these witches have in store for me, I’ll meet it head first. Then I’ll brush them off and get to enjoying my lunch in peace! For I am Michael Bacon, and Michael Bacon fears nothing!

Still…

I start to sweat as the Dazzling’s sway closer, taking their time. Those fiends must know I’m trapped. They know they have me right where they want me. Darn you disco divas with your over-the-top clashing outfits, your sub-par music, and your cute flustered glances-

Wait a sec, what?

I finally notice something strange with the blue one. The other two have their eyes fixed on me with their evil intentions, but the blue one is just stealing these quick glances at me before looking away shyly. Weird.

Finally. Finally they’ve gotten to the table I’m sitting at, and I see the rest of the girls tense up. I stare back at their leader wondering what they could possibly have in store for me, and I can’t help but give a nervous gulp.

"Michael Bacon, I presume?" the sun-haired one says with enough ego to put Sasuke Uchiha to shame.

“And you must be Almond Drizzle, Area Blast, and Sonata Dusk.” I say darkly, obscuring my eyes behind my hood.

I hear them growl while everyone else tries to hide their chuckles.

“Hey! He got my name right!” Sonata says proudly before the others tell her to shut up.

“Well you see, there’s one problem here.” I say, doing my best not to smirk. I stand up to my full height, a good head and a half over Adagio. “I’m not Michael Bacon…

“He is!” I say, dramatically pulling out a Super Mario 1-up mushroom from my pocket. It’s a stress ball I got for preordering. It’s always with me for obvious reasons.

Adagio and Aria stare in confusion for a moment, before Sonata suddenly snatches the stress ball from my hand.

“Wow! So you’re Michael Bacon?” she says to the stress ball. “When I heard your name I thought you’d be cute, but I never thought you’d be this adorable!”

Sonata then starts rubbing the foam mushroom against her face with a big happy smile.

“Someone’s into shrooms.” I quip as she and Aria start fighting over my 1-up mushroom.

Suddenly I’m face to face with Adagio’s snarling teeth. But she quickly relaxes back to her seductress stare.

“Listen Mister Bacon, can I call you Michael.” Adagio says, though I’m sure it’s not a question. She slides her hand under my chin, raising my head so I’m looking up at her. “Word in the halls is that you’re new to this school, and you look like you could use some friends.”

Oh god it’s worse than I feared…

“That’s what I said!” Pinkie pipes in, but quickly deflates. “But… he said he doesn’t want friends.”

“Well perhaps he only wants the right kind of friends. I can’t blame you for ditching this trash to align with the in crowd.”

“Hey!” Rainbow snaps and suddenly switches places with me, jabbing Adagio’s chest with a finger, “Who are you calling trash?”

Adagio takes the challenge with a smirk. “Oh, just the biggest band of misfits in this school.” She says, making a sad gesture towards them all. “There’s the girl so afraid of people that she spends all her time with her animals, the dress-maker who can’t stand to see anything she thinks is ugly, the bookworm that would rather study than spend time with her friends, the one that forces others to be happy to hide the fact that she’s dead inside, the southern one, and finally… the jock who hangs out with girls that are less athletic to make herself look better by comparison. That’s who I’m talking about when I say garbage.”

I would think that each of the girls would have some kind of heroic, biting response. I know I would after something like that. But instead they all just sort of sulk in their seats, turning their heads away in shame.

It’s like they actually believe that stuff they were just told. By someone they don’t even like!

“So then Michael,” Adagio says to me, “how would you like to ditch the misfits, and join with us instead?”

“Yeeeeeaaah… No.” I tell her blankly and turn to leave.

The music that was playing in the background cuts out with a record scratch.

“What?” Adagio asks with palpable anger.

“Yeah I’d rather eat my lunch in peace, without some 80’s rejects following me around. See ya!” I say over my shoulder.

I find myself blocked by Aria though, who holds out a hand firmly to block my way. Then without a word she twirls her finger, telling me to turn around.

Adagio is waiting for me with a look that could melt stone. “I don’t think you understand who you’re dealing with.”

“Really?” I raise a brow, “Because you three seem like any other gang of tough-girl bullies I’ve ever had to deal with.”

The whole room gapes in shock. Adagio herself mouths something in confusion.

I don’t know why they’re so surprised… “The stereotypes are all right here! I can see it plain as day.” I point at Aria first, “You’re obviously the beta of the group, the one who takes the orders and does most of the work, and judging by that frown of yours, you’re not too happy about it. You probably want to be the leader of the gang, but know it’s not gonna happen. So you settle for being number two and hide your frustration and jealously behind a tough attitude and a frown.”

Aira grits her teeth and clenches her fist.

“Yeah,” I chuckle, “just like that!”

“Next!” I move on to Sonata, “We’ve got the blind follower of the group, the indoctrinated. I can tell you’re a bit different from these two; you tend to follow their lead, not really knowing why they do what they do, but not caring as long as you have a place to fit in. They obviously think you’re the weakest link in the chain, but they keep you around so it isn’t just the two of them.”

“And finally we have the ringleader, the big cheese.” I say, turning back to Adagio, who’s left eyelid is twitching with frustration. I find a bit of satisfaction in that.

“You like to manipulate people, don’t you? Using their fears and doubts to bend them around your fingers? I’ve seen it all in the few minutes I’ve known you. You do it with your classmates and even your two friends, if they’re even that to you. It makes you feel powerful when you expose their weaknesses like that, and you know just how to make your words cut right into their souls.

“Call me crazy, but why would I ever want to be friends with someone like that? Now if you’ll finally excuse me.”

I can feel the Dazzlings glowering at me as I walk out the door to the school courtyard, and it suddenly hit me that I’ve made some powerful enemies. But really, I don’t care what rumors they spread about me or what angle they try. Since when have I cared what anyone else thinks of me anyway?

As long as they don’t learn about that one incident, I’m fine. But that was a long time ago. I’m pretty sure I’m safe.

Still…

No. No I shouldn’t worry about that now. I’ve got a meaty lunch to eat.


So apparently they allow students to eat their lunches outside at this school. That’s neat, but it causes one little problem for me.

"Nope, nope, nope, nope, uh… nope. Dang it! There’s nowhere to sit!"

It’s noon, the sun is beating down on me like the great eye of the fire-god, and I can’t find even one shady spot to sit! All the nice shady trees are off the school grounds, or have been taken by some hippie guitar player.

I’ve been wandering for like fifteen minutes now. At this point I should just give up on finding that tree and just head back in. I could eat my (now cold) lunch next to my locker or something… if only I knew where that was.

That...might be a problem.

I take off my backpack pull out my class schedule (This scrap of paper is quickly becoming my lifeline in the roiling ocean that is highschool). It says my class my locker number is B649. Judging by what I saw on the map, that should be near the gym.

I grin slightly as I see that Physical Education is my last period. I know most students would hate having PE for their last period, but not me. Because it’s my last period, that just means I can get to my locker faster at the end of the day. Which means I can get to the bus faster too. And that means I don't have to deal with all the students trying to push and shove their way past each other to get to the bus. Plus, I can get to the back set of the bus before someone else can take it!

It feels so good to win!

Geography and PE are all I have to get through today, and then I'm home free! I'm so happy about school being almost over with that I can almost ignore the fact that I have to eat a cold lunch...

*growl*

I put my hand onto my stomach as it cries out for food, and I can only look at the now cold burger on my tray in sadness.

Why couldn't those annoying divas leave me alone so I could eat my burger while it was still fresh. Sigh...I guess I'll go back inside to eat, maybe I can sneak back into the cafeteria Metal Gear style. If only my life where like a video game.

With that thought I give another sigh as I put away my schedule and head towards the nearest entrance.

But on my way I spot a nice secluded place. It’s near the back of the building and is secluded on three sides by the school’s outer walls. And right in the center of this haven is the tallest, shadiest tree I’ve seen all day.

“It’s beautiful.” I whisper and wipe a tear from my eye.

Then I see there’s someone sitting on the other side and groan at my bad luck. The trunk of the tree was thick enough to hide them from view.

Still… I might be able to sit on the other side of the tree. If I’m really quiet they won’t know I’m there.

I put my ninja skills to work and creep over, ever so carefully lowering myself to the grass and sitting back against the smooth bark of the tree.

Stealth operation successful.

*Sob*

I go stiff when I hear the sound of someone crying. Then I realize it’s the person on the other side of the tree.

My blood goes cold. Do they know I’m here? Are they crying because I snuck into their special spot?!

Maybe I should get out of here before they see my face. I'm already getting blamed for one girl crying, I don't need to be blamed for another!

"Wh- why does everyone make fun of me?" I hear a girl’s voice cry. "Just..just because my eyes are strange does...doesn't mean I'm a...freak."

Oh. They’re not crying because of me. This girl’s just sad because everyone teases her about her eyes.

What a relief.

Wait. No that’s horrible!

But it’s not my problem.

But she also sounds really sad.

*Sad girl noises*

Groaning to myself, I scooch around the trunk of the tree until the girl comes into view. She doesn’t seem to have noticed me yet.

“Uh… hey.”

I honestly can’t tell why she’s being made fun of. With her regular blonde hair and only slightly grey skin, she looks more normal than most of the people I’ve met here. I guess it really was something to do with her eye- eeeeess.

Okay...wow.

She looks up at me and her eyes are pointing in two separate directions. I don’t think either one is looking straight at me.

She starts tearing up, and I realize the kind of face I’m making right now.

“Are you here to tease me too?” she asks.

“Uh, no. I was just wondering if I could sit her and eat lunch.”

She looks at me for a moment before sighing and saying,

“That’s fine I suppose.”

“Cool.” I sit back and reach for my stone cold burger. Before I can bring myself to take a bite though, I look back at the girl sitting next to me. She’s stopped crying, so that’s a plus. Still looks sad though.

“This is a pretty neat place.” I comment.

She looks up at me for a moment, but goes back to hugging her legs before speaking. “Yeah. I come here during lunch because it’s quiet, and no one can find me.” she says sadly.

“Well what do you know, that’s why I came here too.” I say and finally take a bite of my burger. It’s like biting into a damp, meat-flavored sponge at this point.

“Do people make fun of you too?” the girl asks.

“Hrm? Nawr.” I say around a mouthful of meat and bread. “I just like being alone. Plus I’m kinda the new guy at this school, so that means everyone wants to talk to me for some reason.”

We just sit in silence for some time. I’m barely halfway through my burger when the bell rings.

“I guess that means next period is starting. I’ll see you around okay?” I say to the girl as we get up.

“Y-you mean you want to see me again?” she asks hopefully.

Not really what I meant but… “Yeah. Sure. I’ll be here tomorrow if that’s cool with you.”

Suddenly my personal space in impeded upon as she wraps me in a spine-crushing hug. “Of course! Thank you so much. You’re the first person who hasn’t thought I was weird because of my eyes. I’m Ditzy by the way.” She says, finally releasing me.

At first I wonder why she called herself a ditz, but then I realize that’s probably her name. I’ve certainly heard stranger at this place.

“Michael.” I croak out as my ribs recover. “Anime, manga and video game extraordinaire.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m glad to have a friend like you.” she says and walks back into the school.

“We’re not-“ I try to correct her, but the door slamming cuts off the rest.

I can't help giving my trademark sigh of annoyance and start to head into the building myself. As I do, I notice the other students giving me some weird looks. Only now instead of glaring at me, they’re giving me looks of… something else. When they notice me staring back they turn away and talk in hushed whispers among each other.

I swear I will never understand the students at this school. Whatever happened to just leaving the one new kid alone.

Knowing that next period will be starting in mere minutes I hastily shove what’s left of my lunch into my into my mouth and head back to the lunchroom. Gotta remember to drop off my lunch tray before I head to class.

"ERMWURRSDS*"


With surprisingly few problems, I manage to make it to geography class, led by a Mister Disco R. D. (at least if his nameplate on the door is correct.)

However, just as I’m about to walk into class, my heightened nerd senses kick in and I notice the door is ever so slightly ajar.

Frowning, I push it open and walk in anyway. As I do I hear an unmistakable scraping, sloshing sound from right above my head, and immediately I side-step while delivering a lightning-quick deflecting swat that would make a Shaolin monk proud. My hand hurts from hitting solid metal, but that nasty bucket of water is sent flying away, showering its contents across the floor.

Hi-YAH!” I shout as I recover into a badass-looking martial-arts pose. “You really thought you’d get me with something cliché and elementary as that? HAH! I live and breathe high-school manga! You cannot even conceive of the power I wield!”

I look up from my rant to see the whole classroom staring at me, wide-eyed and in shock, even the teacher… especially the teacher.

Mr. Disco is a middle-aged, partially balding man with wild eyes and an outfit of multiple mis-matched pieces of attire. But what draws my focus is the plastic air cannon he’s pointing at me.

“Oh…” he begins awkwardly. “You’re not Principal Celestia. That bucket of chocolate milk was meant for her.”

Chocolate wha-

Oh.

I just realized that bucket I avoided wasn’t full of water, but thick, sticky, syrupy chocolate dairy product. Gross!

“That just begs the question I suppose, who are you exactly?” Mr. Disco hikes a curious brow.

“Uh, Michael Bacon… the new guy.” I answer. “This isn’t going to be a common occurrence, is it?” I say, gesturing to the chocolate milk spreading into a growing pool on the floor tiles.

“Oh I don’t know,” he waves his hand nonchalantly, “maybe some days, maybe not; I like to add a bit of randomness to my classes to keep them from getting dull. That being said, WELCOME!”

With that he fires his air cannon point blank into my face, and I find myself covered in chicken feathers.


*RING*

The rest of Geography class passed in kind of a blur. Mr. Disco was having us watch a video while he mysteriously disappeared for the duration. Something about that guy just rubs me the wrong way. The people I’ve met here all have their little irksome quirks, but him..? It’s like he’s on a whole different level of crazy.

On the other hand, he didn’t leave us with any homework for the day, so that’s nice. In fact, he didn’t even tell us to fill out a question and answer sheet or anything. So I did the logical thing and spent the whole period reading my manga.

It was hard considering I was seated next to Rainbow, who was constantly chortling at my still feathered form, but I managed to shut her up by throwing some of it her way.

Or maybe we got into a feather fight that lasted half the period.

Whatever. I’m looking forward to this afternoon.

Speaking of which, I only have one more period left before I can get out of this saccharine nightmare of a school and back to the homey seclusion of my home. There’s only one thing standing in my way… the dread of any out-of-shape teen, and the personal bane of my existence: Phys Ed.

But since Idon’tLikeExorcise-itis isn’t a “real sickness” and can’t get me excused, I have no choice.

I have to stay positive! Now is the time for heroes and legends to be born. Now is the time for victory or death! Now… is the time for me to exercise against my will and be harshly judged on my lackluster athletic ability.

...

Okay, might not sound too good but if it gets me closer to home, it’s fine by me.

"ONWARD!!!"


So… back when I said I had to stay positive…

Well I’m positive that my mother got in contact with some world-governing deity. I’m also positive that they hit it off real good one day, sat down to tea, and proceeded to plan out how to make my life a miserable pile of garbage!

Finally I'm positive that I’m completely doomed.

Not only is my gym teacher the coach of the school football team, but she's also ex-military. No joke! If the locker-room chatter is accurate in these parts, she used to be a literal drill sergeant that ran some boot camp just outside town, where they train freaking jet pilots! She is literally the embodiment of all things nerds fear when they have a gym teacher.

"SARGENT ON DECK!" everyone shouts and snaps a salute as she walks out, and I hastily attempt to match them.

I think I whimpered a little when her eyes passed over me, her scrutinizing eyes of doom partially hidden behind pitch-black panes of glass.

As we all lined up, I knew I stood out.

Everyone in the entire class is ripped. Shredded even! I'm not talking about good-looking, naturally muscles that develop over years of a moderate fitness routine. I'm talking full-blown body-builder muscles that make their skin ripple when the flex! That’s some mutant super-power stuff right there! One guy is so ripped, his wrist is thicker than my neck!

You might think I’m exaggerating, and I might be… a little. But it’s just to point out how much of a beanpole I am compared to the rest of my class!

Ms. Spitfire started calling out names and had us line up, and since my last name is Bacon, I was sadly near the very front of the line.

As soon as she got to me I sucked in my chest, straightened my shoulders, and tried to look as buff as possible. It's not that I don't understand how important it is to stay fit, I just don't care enough to do it. Video games, manga, and anime are all I need in my life, thank you very much. So I hoped I could convince her at a glance not to single me out and make me work harder.

I held my breath as she passed by me in the lineup. I couldn’t tell if she glanced my way or not thanks to her shades, but she kept walking down the line, checking off student’s names on her clipboard.

My relief was not to last though, because as soon as she finished she marched right back to me. I think I almost wet myself when she started sizing me up, and I’m not at all ashamed to admit it.

"Mr...Bacon, correct?"

I nod my head before saying,

"That's me ma’am."

“You’re the newbie here huh?”

“I guess so ma’am.”

Spitfire’s head remains completely still as she looks over a page of her clipboard, and yet I swear I saw a sheen of light flicker across her aviators. I shivered as she peered up at me over the rims.

How strange is it to be terrified of a woman a head shorter than you?

"According to records from your last school, your lowest grade was physical education, just barely enough to pass.” she says in a mildly accusatory tone. “And apparently when your teacher questioned your lackluster performance, you said, and I quote, ‘Because I could care less about working out. I'm a gamer, not an athlete.’ and proceeded to lay flat on your back, reading comic books. Is this all true?"

I felt all eyes on me as my entire class looked at me in a mix of anger, shame, or genuine concern for my life.

“Well?!” Spitfire demands, giving me a glare that could melt solid steel.

Well, I said I was lazy before didn't I? But if nothing else, I’m a man of principles. The cat’s already out of the bag, so I might as well stick to my guns.

Heck, if it goes well, she’ll just decide that I’m a lost cause.

"I did say that, and I'm sticking by it.” I told her in the most earnest tone I could muster. “Working out just doesn't interest me in the slightest. Being physically fit is a low priority on my list, and as long as I can manage a passing grade somehow, that’s good enough for me. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm lazy and I'm proud!"

Ms. Spitfire gave me the blankest of blank stares, as did the rest of the class. I’d begun to think I made her blue-screen, until she started to...laugh?

Laughing! Laughing is good, right? I was expecting angry outburst like hell had been unleashed on the mortal world. But laughing... I was not expecting that.

I nervously let out a few chuckles of my own. "Uh... so does this mean you understand my inadequate motivation and will allow me to do the bare minimum required in your class?”

Ms. Spitfire wiped a tear from her eye and gave me a warm, sincere smile.

“HELL NO!”

Her outburst alone nearly toppled me.

"Listen newbie, I don't know how they handled punks like you at your old school. But for us, fitness is serious business! In all the years I’ve taught at Canterlot High I’ve never let a single student pass with anything less than perfect marks.” she paced up and down the line, giving her inspiring speech to all of us, “The army gave me rules for how to live my life, rules that I wouldn’t be alive without. I’m going to drill them into every one of you.”

She stopped in front of me again. “And every time you try to refuse, deny, or talk your way out of what I’m trying to give you… I’m just going to give it to you all the harder.”

“That’s what she said!” called one of the other students.

“Damn straight.” Spitfire agreed, not taking her stare off me. “You’re going to be thanking me for this years down the line. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY!"

She then proceeded to blow into her whistle so loud that it felt like my ears were breaking. I hit the ground and pushed for all I was worth.

I was exhausted by the time I got to five.


I have never been worked so hard in all my life.

Needless to say that class was torture for me and I am not looking forward to it in the future.

Anyway, now my back is sore, my arms and legs are sore, my...everything is sore and I can barely move without feeling something *pop*. It was a pain in the butt to get back into my regular cloths (Canterlot High’s got a uniform for gym. No personal clothes allowed. Something about flesh-colored yoga pants a few years back *shiver*). To make things worse, the rest of the class decided to slap me on the back super hard when we were heading back to the lockers, some sort of "Newbie initiation."

So here I am, sitting on a bench waiting for the bell to ring, dealing with the noise of school life around me. I’m too sore to lift my manga… or use my hands in general.

I’m so ready to go home, take a nice long shower, flop into bed, and just sleep. Come on Mister Schoolbell, sing your sweet song… end my torment!

*RING*

"Oh thank you!" I shout skyward, throwing my arms up only to regret it as pain flares through my outstretched limbs.

With that I proceed to painstaking get up and limp outside.

But as I get to the bus stop, board the bus and find a seat, and take out my manga to read as it takes me to my house where I can get ready to get inside to the calm, quiet shelter, I can’t help but think back on my first day at Canterlot High and wonder… Was it really as bad as I was making it out to be?

“Yeah.” I thought after barely a moment of pondering. “Yeah it really was.”


Even with the soreness in my body fading, and my strength slowly coming back to me, I couldn’t help but feel nervous the entire ride home.

‘Why?’ you may ask.

Pinkie. That’s why.

I could see her looking back at me the entire ride home. I cleverly buried my face in the next issue of my manga to stop her from seeing me looking back, hopefully turning her off even. But she wanted something from me. I just knew it!

I was relieved when I got off the bus to find she was nowhere in sight. If I’m lucky she just went home. If I’m lucky she’ll hold off on whatever she’s scheming until tomorrow. If I’m lucky, then maybe… just maybe she understands that I don't want to be friends, and she’ll leave me alone forever.

"Who am I kidding? With my luck, that's never going to happen."

Future dread and unwanted friendships aside, I walk into my humble home, only to realize I still need to get to unpacking. I’m still exhausted after PE today, and I really just want to flop into bed and sleep it off. The thought of lifting a bunch of heavy boxes makes me want to put it off until tomorrow… and the next day… and the next day… and the next day. But sadly, it has to be done.

Besides I can't really go to my room since it doesn't have any of my stuff in it yet.

With a heavy sigh I put my backpack down next to the door and begin to survey all the boxes once again. Grunting, I pick one up marked 'Kitchen' and begin to bring it towards...well, the kitchen as I talk to myself.

"Okay, just gonna take the boxes to each room they go to, put everything in the right place by label of contents, then unpack them as I go.”

Soon I put the box into the kitchen and begin to head back to the living room to grab the next box. With some speed, determination and any luck, I can have the essential half of this done within four hours or so.

"All in all, getting all these boxes unpacked shouldn't take me more than...three days. …Maybe four?"

I slouch slightly at that thought.

"Oh god this is gonna be torture." I say with a long sigh.

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

"Oh thank god a distraction!!"

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

I know it should be weird that someone is bothering to visit me, and I’m a bit nervous considering my standing with most everyone I know (being treated with either reverence or distain), but I'll take anything over doing so much work!

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

I mean, it needs to be done; I can't have all my stuff stay in boxes and plastic forever. It's just that it's so much work and ughhhh....

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

The fatigue of the job at hand was already getting to me.

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

In a strange parallel, the doorbell is also getting to me. Whoever’s at my door apparently doesn't know when to stop ringing the doorbell.

*Ding-Dong Bing-Bong*

"Alright alright I'm coming!” I rip the door open, “Jeez this better be important or I'll-"

I cut myself off mid-sentence. I do this because of the person standing in my doorway.

A certain perky pink girl.

A certain perky pink girl that I never wanted to lay eyes on ever again for as long as I live (okay that might be a little extreme, but still)!

"Hiya Michael! Are you ready for a super awesome spectacular after school hang out party?!"

I give her a deadpan glare before *Slam*-ing the door in her face, hoping she gets my subtle hint.

I turn on my heel to get back to unpacking. I have no intentions of leaving my home or going anywhere with her. I would rather do manual labor then go outside to 'hang-out' with anyone. Thank you very much, but no thank you very much.

With that I shall go back to lifting bo-

"You know it’s kinda rude to slam the door on your friend." Pinkie tells me.

"AH! WHAT THE HELL!" I recoil, finding Pinkie suddenly inside my house and right in front of my face.

“I- Wha-But you were-“

I don't even-how did she-WHAT!

I run to the door and throw it open, only to find her standing there as well, telling me about how much fun we’re going to have at some party she’s throwing me.

“How!?”

I turn back to my living room and there she is, continuing her speech about punch and cake and streamers.

I look outside and THERE SHE IS!

Everywhere I look is Pinkie! And she’s still spewing her stream of words that are becoming less coherent by the second! It’s too much!

“-and then I said ‘oatmeal? Are you crazy?’ and… hey Michael. You’re not looking too good. You look like Twilight after she ate one of my raw-cake-batter cupcakes.”

“Yeah, just give me a second while I pass out from shock.” I say before proceeding to do just that.

The last thing I see is Pinkie’s face scrunched up in a worried expression. Then darkness.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

TOO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Author's Note:

*Onwards

Hey guys and girls welcome ba-

angry mob sounds as pitchforks and torches are thrown at me

Ack! I know it's really bad that I haven't updated this fic in...three years.

...

Okay so yeah pretty bad, but I did warn you all at the beginning of this fic that it was a relax one and that I would only work on it when I had the time. Clearly I did not have the free time I was hoping for to work on this fic.

But when school, procrastination, and my main fic call I must answer.

So yeah...sorry about the whole three year delay, hopefully this chapter is up to your guys exceptions.

Also I want to thank all those who were patient enough to not bug me about this fic at all and will bother to read it after so long.

So yeah, tell me how you felt about this chapter in the comments so I can improve on future updates (which will hopefully take less then three years this time to upload)

This has been DWC, signing off!