• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 6,113 Views, 177 Comments

Life at Canterlot High - Down with Chrysalis



Is it to much to ask to go to a normal school where an loner can be left alone? It is....well for me at least.

  • ...
12
 177
 6,113

Episode 13: The Sleepover

"This has got to be the most ridiculous thing to ever happen to me. Just...ugh,” I grumbled as Pinkie had once again outwitted me into getting her way.

"Ah cheer up Mike, look on the bright side! At least you get to hang out with the awesomest kid in the school all night long," Rainbow said as she heavily patted my back in symphony.

A gesture that would have been appreciated if a) it actually meant anything to me and b) if her 'light' pats didn't almost send me flying off my couch.

For the love of god Rainbow learn some restraint!

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I gave Rainbow a quick glare before I sarcastically grumbled out,

"Gee Rainbow, that just makes everything a hundred times better."

"I know right?"

Sighing as my sarcasm once again went over Rainbow's head I got up from the couch and made my way to the front of the room in front of my TV.

"Alright, list-" My words died in my throat as I saw that Pinkie had pulled three separate sleeping bags with matching pillows, a bunch of stuffed animals, a freaking alarm clock, and a God damn tray of cupcakes…from her purse!

"Ho...how the hell did you fit all of that in there!?" I sputtered in disbelief as the cupcakes weren’t even smudged or smooshed. While Rainbow and Flubber just shared knowing looks, Pinkie simply giggled at my question.

"It's easy silly!” she said with a bright smile. “It's all about size control and spacing. All you gotta do is treat it like a game of Tetris and you can fit a whole bunch of stuff in one place."

My eye just twitched at that, since even with Tetris rules it was still impossible.

"Ah, I haven't seen a face like that since Twilight spent a week trying to see 'what made me tic,' whatever that means. Man those were some good times..."

"Uh Pinks, wasn't that the same week you set Twilight's hair on fire during chemistry?" Rainbow commented, apparently finished with telling her folks she was staying over at a 'friends' place.

It seems not even Pinkie was ignorant to the dangers of fire as she flinched slightly at that before she sheepishly said,

"Well...besides that it was all good times."

The more I learn about this little friendship circle the more I fear my continued existence...

"Uh, not t-to be rude or anything, but weren't you trying to say something?" the quiet girl spoke up and I looked over at her in shock, mostly because I had forgotten she was there.

"Right, thanks Flubber,” I said as I cleared my throat.

"Uh, my name isn-"

"Okay, listen up! Since apparently your guys have upgraded from home invaders to squatters, I'm going to be laying down some ground rules," I said sternly, cutting off whatever Flubber was about to say. "First off, you guys aren't allowed to touch any of my stuff without my permission. That includes my manga, video games, and especially any memorabilia in or out of the display room. "

"Wait dude, hold up,” Rainbow interrupted. “You have an entire room just for all that nerdy stuff we helped you move in?"

"Of course I do,” I rolled my eyes. “You can't just buy this type of stuff and not display it. That would be an insult to the source material and the ones who made them.”

Surprisingly Pinkie and Flubber nodded their heads in agreement with my logic, while Rainbow just got this strange awed look.

Weird…not the response I was expecting but whatever! Shaking my head to get back on track I said,

"Anyway, no touching that stuff, trust me when I say you do not want to know how much you'd need to pay me back if you broke anything. Rule number two, my computer if off limits no matter what! I see any of you trying to get on it and you'll be out in that storm faster than you can blink."

"Awww, is the Baconator afraid of some girls seeing his browsing history?" Rainbow said with a teasing smirk.

“Okay, first of all, don’t ever call me that again, and secondly, that’s none of your business,” I snarled as I realized that I should clear out the history ASAP.

“Oooh, struck a nerve. Come on, any hints? Is it something weird?” Rainbow teased.

"Of course not Dashie! He just doesn't want us to steal his 'Cookies' from him is all,” Pinkie interjected and we all looked to her in perplexion.

"What? Those internet cookies are super important for some sites ya know?" she defended.

I swear Pinkie, I can't tell if you act like this on purpose or are really just that naïve.

"Whatever, point is no touching the computer, got it?!”

“Yeah, yeah,” Rainbow handwaved and my eye twitched again.

“Alright. Now, seeing as how Pinkie somehow managed to bring some sleeping bags with her you guys will be sleeping down here. The guest bedroom doesn’t exactly have a mattress, and I want you all in one area anyway. I don't want to hear any complaining about that either!”

“Why would we complain? That’s the whole point of a slumber party silly,” Pinkie giggled as she unrolled the bags.

“Glad that’s understood,” I nodded before I glared and pointed right at her. “At last but not least Pinkie, don't even think of trying to sneak into my room like last time got it?”

“Heh heh heh, ya Okay,” she chuckled in embarrassment no doubt remembering our previous situation.

Flubber and Rainbow seemed completely flabbergasted though as they looked between me and Pinkie, then at each other.

“What?” I asked them.

“L-L-Last time?” Flubber squeaked sounding embarrassed for some reason.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Your Pink Nutcase thought it would be a good idea to break into my room and roll me out of bed for that fiasco last week.” At the mention of the party the three girls flinched but I just ignored it as I continued, "and I'm making sure that doesn't happen again. That enough info for ya?"

“Oh, OH! Um…yes, that makes more sense,” Flubber nodded and looked away, her face red as Rainbow chuckled for some reason.

...Okay? These girls definitely got some strange character tics.

“Oh, hey, I got a question?” Pinkie said as she held her hand up. “What about if you’re fully dressed and I knock on your door? Is it Okay then?”

“Pinkie, just…” I facepalmed. “Just stay out of my room period, or else I’ll put you in the straight jacket and leave you in the closet.”

“Oh, alright fine, jeeze,” she lowered her hand and rolled her eyes.

"Uh, what was that about the straight jacket? If you don't mind me asking of course…" Flubber stuttered and I just shrugged.

“What can I say? It was a cheap buy on E-Bay and it comes in handy for restraining annoyances.”

The yellow girl and Rainbow apparently didn’t see the wisdom of this as they looked at me funny.

"Um…I probably shouldn't ask this but, how many people have you put in this straight jacket?" Rainbow asked sounding disturbed.

"So far just my cousin, but trust me she totally deserved it. That said the tally can go much higher if my rules are broken…” I threatened and the two of them shivered while Pinkie giggled. “Now any other questions?"

"Oh me! Me me, pick me! Oh oh me!" Pinkie raised her hand again and jumped up and down excitedly.

"Yes Pinkie?" I said with a tired sigh.

"Are you really dating Sunset Shimmer, and if so when!?"

I sighed again and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Yeah, that’s kind of the original reason we came here,” Rainbow admits.

“Um…I just wanted a ride home truthfully,” Flubber added but was ignored by all.

“So come on, spill the beans!” Pinkie inquired. “It’s been the whole talk of the school today.”

“Of course it is…” I sighed out. There were a few moments of silence before a chuckle escaped me at the absurdity of it all.

"Uh Mikey, what's so funny? Did you remember a funny moment from your date with Sunset!?"

Another chuckle escaped me at that, which only seemed to confuse the three girls more.

"I don't get it? Is he remembering some joke Sunset told him or something?" Rainbow guessed.

"May-maybe they saw a funny movie? They were at the movies together in that video,” Flubber suggested.

I laughed for a few more seconds before I shook my head and looked at them all with a grin.

“Sorry, I just keep forgetting that everyone in Canterlot High is a god damn moron,” I laughed.

“Hey, that’s not very nice,” Pinkie pouted.

“Well it’s clearly true if the whole school is talking about something so idiotically false.”

"So...you’re not dating Sunset Shimmer?" Pinkie asked in a strangely gentle tone, which was completely offputting considering the topic of conversation was such a ridiculous concept.

"No, I'm not dating that She-Devil,” I rolled my eyes. “We just happened to be watching the same movie and then those Crystal Prep snobs showed up, nothing more nothing less."

At my answer Pinkie gave an over exaggerated sigh.

"Oh phew, that's a relief!” she said wiping at her brow. “I thought we were going to have to tie you up and convince you that dating her was a super humongous big mistake, but looks like we won't have to do that!"

"Pinkie...that's kidnapping. And, I can't believe I have to say this a second time, but that is highly illegal!" I bellowed, but she still continued to smile brightly.

“Oh sure, this coming from the guy who put his cousin in a crazy coat,” Rainbow quipped.

“That’s different! She had it coming! Now she knows not to spill soda on my damn controllers!”

“Heh, whatever you say hypocrite,” Rainbow smirked as she walked over to me.

“I’m not a hypocrite! You’re a hyp-OW!” I cried out as Rainbow “playfully” punched me in the shoulder before slinging her arm around it.

"Look, what Pinkie meant was that we would have talked you out of dating her. Her last relationship did not end well for the poor guy she strung along."

This bit of information actually caught my interest as I got out of Rainbow's hold and got a good couple feet away from her.

"First off, personal space Rainbow!" Rainbow just chuckled annoyingly at my demand, but I chose to ignore her as I looked over at Pinkie and asked, "And wait, there was someone desperate enough to actually date Condiment Head?"

Strangely Pinkie looked uncomfortable at my question, and before she could say anything Rainbow answered my question for her.

"Flash Sentry, he was Sunset's first and onlyboyfriend back in freshman year. They dated for most of the year, and people were starting to call them the 'Ideal High School Couple' since they were both pretty popular."

Sunset actually managed to date someone long enough for that? Either this Flash guy is blind or just as big a jerk as she is.

"Oh! But Flashy isn't a meanie mean pants like Sunset! He's actually a really good guy, he just...well..."

"Couldn't tell he was dating a bitch even though everyone else knew she was one?" I snarked with a deadpanned tone.

Man, the school must run on clichés or something. The good natured guy dating the evil preppy girl but overlooking her deeds because they’re por-

"Actually, no."

-king eachoth-say what now?

“It wasn’t well known at first,” Pinkie explained. “In the early days, she was super sneaky about her jerkiness, so only some of us knew. When she was with Flash she acted, well, nice. Just like any of us.”

“It was all just an act though…” Flubber said sadly and I was taken off guard.

“Sunset used to be subtle and not act like a Saturday morning cartoon villain?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Rainbow nodded. “And for the longest time no one would believe those that she showed her true colors to because she was ‘Little Ms. Perfect.’ But everyone wisened up in the end.”

“Huh…and I’m guessing that this Sentry guy was one of those then?”

“Oh yeah, they broke up near the end of school last year, and" Pinkie's cheerful tone sobered slightly before she continued, "It wasn't exactly the prettiest of break-ups."

"Yeah, sure. That's one way to put it,” Rainbow scoffed. “From what I heard they got into a huge spat during club hours and Shimmer humiliated him in front of his entire club. Dude didn't show up for a whole week because of it."

From what you heard? Usually when power couples break up everyone knows ALL the details not just rumors, I pondered at this curiosity before I decided to stop caring. But then again I could care less about Sunset's love life.

Hence why while the three home invaders wallowed in what I can only assume is pity for that Flash guy, I merely shrugged my shoulders and started to walk back towards my couch while saying,

"Whelp, that sucks and all, but I don't really care,” I said plainly as I sat back down on the couch. This caused them to look aghast at my callousness since they were all feeling pity for the Sentry guy.

Why should I care about some popular guy whose only accomplishments I’ve heard are getting into Shimmer’s pants and not realizing how evil she was for like two years? I shook my head as I pulled out my 3DS.

“Hey, show some sympathy. The guy got it pretty bad,” Rainbow scolded.

“Yeah, but it doesn’t really affect me does it? If anything it makes all the sheep at school thinking that anyone would date her after that, let alone me, look like brain damaged idiots.” The three of them all glanced at each other at that declaration.

“Then why did you skip school today instead of setting the record straight?” Rainbow huffed.

“Because I didn’t want to deal with the headache. Shimmer’s gonna be pissed as it is, so let her deal with the rumor mill and be humiliated enough for the both of us. I’m sure the Disco Rejects are jumping all over that bait.”

“Wow…that’s pretty cold you know?” Pinkie said without her usual giddiness.

“Yes, yes it is,” I nodded. “Now, let’s stop talking about all that idiocy and contain tonight’s current venue. You girls can go do…whatever girls do during a 'sleepover.’ Just don't bug me and follow the rules and we're all good."

Of course, since the universe apparently has it out for me, the moment I said that Pinkie somehow managed to get right up into my face before I even had a chance to open my 3DS. Heck I didn't even get a chance to back up in shock before Pinkie grabbed my shoulders and intently said,

"Oh no you don't buster! Just because you answered my question doesn't mean you get to be all lonely lonersten tonight! You will be partaking in sleep-over fun time with us, after all a party can't stop till the host passes out!"

"Uh, Pinkie...I think you said that the wrong way?"

"Of course not silly! I know what I said, and I meant it too!" Pinkie happily (confusingly) said to Flubber with a bright grin while still holding onto my shoulders with her face far too close to my own.

"Yeah, no,” I pushed her out of my personal space and gave her a glare. “You may be staying here, but that's only because the weather sucks and I can't kick you all out without feeling the tiniest bit guilty for it. I am not going to do any kind of sleepover 'funness,' as you call it. The only reason I'm still down here and not blockaded in my room is to keep an eye on you all."

Pinkie actually had the nerve to start pouting of all things, and it was like the full pouting package. Big doe eyes, quivering lip, the whole thing!

"Aw come on Mikey, pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee?! I promise you'll have a ton of fun, like a whole mountain ton of fun."

"Nice try Pinkie, but my answer is still no. Now buzz off and...I don't know gossip Flubber’s ears off or something," I deadpanned.

"Mr. Bacon, my nam isn-"

"Please Mikey!" Pinkie said, interrupting Flubber once again.

"No Pinkie."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Pretty Please?"

"Not even if you paid me."

"Pretty please with a couple coupons to Sugarcube Corner? Everything sugary would be half off~"

"...regrettably I'll have to say no,” I forced myself to say since the temptation for those wonderful treats was pretty strong.

"Drat! That usually works...whelp I'm out of ideas," she admitted throwing her hands up in the air, before going back to setting up her camping area. I actually blinked in surprise at how quickly she gave up, and was more than a little suspicious.

"Oh come on Pinks, you're not just gonna give up like that are you?" Rainbow asked with a slight annoyed tone, "I mean don't you think it’s going to be a little awkward for him to just be here doing nothing while we're having fun?"

"Considering this is my house, I’d like to think that entails that I can choose where I want to be to keep an eye on all of you."

Rainbow rolled her eyes at that while Pinkie just gave her a shrug, again suspiciously and uncharacteristically uncaring about my lack of participation.

"Now girls, if he doesn't want to join in we can't force him. We're already imposing as it is, no need to bother him more."

Whoa, someone in Pinkie's friend group speaking common sense? I thought in surprise looking at my gym partner.

"So? It’s not like hanging out with us while were stuck in his house will kill him or anything,” Rainbow responded before she looked at me with a smirk. “Besides, I bet the only reason he's opting out is cause he's all nervous about a bunch of girls sleeping over at his place."

Now reluctantly, I had to give her that. A guy stuck on a rainy day with three girls during a slumber party? That’s the set up to a bad porn plot. And I’m not so blind or hate filled to admit that Pinkie, Rainbow and Flubber were all attractive in their own way. So in some ways, maybe I was a bit embarrassed over the situation.

But in the end, annoyingness trumps attractiveness, and boy were these girls getting on my nerves.

"Your genders have nothing to do with it, but if it'll get you to shut up how about we make a bet?"

I got up from the couch and walked over to my game shelf and started looking through the many different titles I owed. As I did this I could feel Rainbow's smug look from behind me as she said,

"A bet? What kind of bet?"

"A simple one that even a hothead like you could get behind. We are going to play a ga-aha!" Smirking I pulled out the title I was looking for and turned around showing them Mortal Kombat XL.

"The bet is simple, the three of you will fight me one-on-one. If I manage to beat all three of you, you all will leave me alone for the rest of the night. If one of you manages to beat me..." My smug tone changed to one of reluctance as I said, "Then I will join in on the 'fun' with only minimum amounts of complaining."

"I don't know,” Rainbow said doubtfully. “Don't you think it would be a little unfair for us since you've obviously played that game a million times and are an expert at it?"

"Well if you put it like that it does sound a little unfair,” I said with a pseudo-uninterested look. “Of course, you don't have to take the bet at all. I mean if you aren't confident in your awesome skills I don't blame you for bowing out."

Fall for bait in three, two…

"Oh it is on! Come on girls, let’s show this smug jerk who’s boss!"

You see Sunset, that is how you play the villain. You challenge their pride and ego. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Before I could bask in my cleverness for too long, Pinkie quickly pulled the other two into a huddle. They whispered to each other for a bit before they broke apart and Rainbow looked me square in the eye.

"Okay, we're all in on one condition. You have to let us get used to the controls first before we actually fight."

"That it? I was already planning on doing that anyway,” I deadpanned. “It wouldn't be an actual win for me if I beat you all just because you’re noobs.” The three girls blinked owlishly in surprise at that, which only caused me to groan in annoyance. "Look, it’s part of the Gamer's Code of Honor alright? Oath 5: Thou shall give thine enemy a fair and just chance in battle, so long as thine game does not rely on underhanded tactics and luck."

And when only Rainbow seemed perplexed by this explanation, while Pinkie and Flubber accepted it immediately, I should have known something was up.


What...what just happened!?

I could only stare in disbelief at my now very much dead character as his guts littered the stage a second time, giving the win to my opponent.

Said opponent was not Rainbow, who had been an easy sweep and went down without even hitting me, nor was it Pinkie, who admittedly was a bit more challenging than Rainbow due to her constant button mashing. No, the one who beat me was the shyly smiling Flubber, who had given the quietest 'yay' in the history of yays after she absolutely destroyed me. And while the other two hugged her in victory, I just continued to stare on in shock.

How? I thought she would be the easiest?! She looks like the kind of girl who’d faint at just the conversation of blood, but she’s able to just own me in this gorefest?! Adagio’s too scary for you, but you can pull off an expert fatality?!

"Heh heh man, you should see the look on your face! You look like you just got a ten paged paper assignment from Ms. Harshwhinny!" Rainbow taunted.

“Yeah, I’m sure it’s the same look you had when I had a Flawless Victory on you,” I grumbled rolling my eyes. “At least I didn’t just jump into the attacks over and over again.”

“Th-that was an accident alright! My finger slipped, that’s all!” came Rainbow’s embarrassed response, blush and all.

“Whatever let’s you sleep at night Skittles. Now,” I clapped my hands together for effect as I said with a tone overflowing with sarcasm, “What ‘fun’ activity do you plan on forcing me into? Keep in mind if it’s Truth or Dare I will show no mercy.”

To her credit Rainbow had the decency to actually look confused at my sudden compliance.

"Uh, really? That's it? You’re not going to argue your way out of it or try and have a rematch or something?"

Who do you think I am, some sore-loser eight year old online? I have my dignity dang it!

"Look, the deal was that only one of you had to beat me and since Flubber over here managed to do that I am obligated by the Gamer's Code of Honor to follow through with it. It's as simple as that."

"You really hold this Gamer Code thing pretty high huh?” Rainbow asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Before I could say anything Pinkie once again invaded my personal space as she suddenly side hugged me.

Bones...crushing...can't...feel...my arms...

"Of course he'd keep his word Dashie!” she smiled, oblivious to my pained struggling. “A friend never breaks their word on a deal, promise, or blood oath after all! Besides, with that nasty icky storm outside what else would he do for the rest of the night?”

Must...escape...death grip! I continued to struggle, swearing I heard some ribs cracking. As I was being suffocated, Flubber spoke up for the first time since defeating me.

"Uh Pinkie, what was that thing about blood oa-"

*ding*

And suddenly I was dropped like a sack of potatoes.

"Ooooh! The cookies are done, be right back guys!"

And with that Pinkie zoomed off into my kitchen, no doubt leaving a dust cloud behind her. After I managed to straighten myself using my gameshelf for slight support I turned towards the two other girls while rubbing my ribs.

"Just how strong is that pink she-devil?! And when the hell did she have time to make cookies?! I don't even have any cookie dough!"

"It's Pinkie Pie, you learn not to question it,” Flubber answered in all sincerity.

“Oh I beg to differ! If you stop asking, then who knows what else she’ll think she can get away with!”

“No dude, believe us,” Rainbow emphasized. “There came a time when Twilight tried, and that creepy straight jacket of yours would probably have come in handy.”

“I…” I let out a sigh of defeat. “Alright fine, sure. Clearly she’s magical, that answers everything! Would explain how she cracked my ribs with just one arm.”

"Heh heh heh come on man, don’t exaggerate, I don't think she squeezed you that hard,” Rainbow laughed.

You get hugged by that nut and when your ribs start feeling like they just went a few rounds with Rocky then you can tell me it doesn't hurt that much! I scowled.

"Okay, now that your done laughing at my misery can we do...whatever the hell people do at sleepovers before I try to 'accidently' pass out from all the 'fun' we're having?"

"Didn't you just say you wouldn't try to weasel your way out of this?" Rainbow asked snarkily.

"I didn't say anything about not complaining about it!" I shot back.

"Hey guys, why don't you start without me?! I'm gonna try and see if I can make some cake from the extra batter and all this chocolate!" Pinkie called from the kitchen.

“Where did you even get batter?!” I responded before frowning. “And don’t you dare touch that chocolate! I’ve been saving that for a marath-“

"Aw don't be such a sourpuss Mikey! Don't you want to taste the deliciousness of Sugarcube Corner with some of your very own ingredients? With this much chocolate I might be able to make the Chocolate Cake Special!"

"...You can only use half, nothing more or less!" I answered after a few moments of silence.

"Okie Dokie Loki!"

Turning away from the kitchen I saw Rainbow giving me a smug look while Flubber was just hiding behind her hair once again.

"What? Any chance for free Sugarcube Corner tastiness is a worthy sacrifice for my chocolate stash. Now can we please do something before I lose myself to tasty cake goodness?"

"Um actually...I was wondering, if it was at all possible, if we could...maybe keep playing this game? If you both don't mind of course…"

Huh, for some reason I can't bring myself to mock her for asking in such a passive way to simply keeping playing...weird.

"So the victor wants to become the loser so soon after winning?” I asked with a challenging smirk. “I'll take up your challenge, and this time I'll be the one ripping your spine out."

To my immense shock Flubber lost her nervous demeanor for a few seconds as she gained her own defiant look.

“Hmm, hopefully you’ll actually be able to hit me this time,” she challenged before her eyes suddenly widened and she hid behind her bangs again. “I mean, I didn’t mean that you can’t win or that you’ll fail that badly. In fact I think your chances are better now. Please don’t be too mad for my trash talking…”

Okay...so the quiet girl is bipoloar. Good to know.

“Um, I’m sure I’ll find a way to forgive you,” I snarked with a roll of my eyes before picking my controller back up.

"Alright!” Rainbow cheered. “I got first dibs on kicking Mike’s ass once you’re done Flut-"

*crash* *clang* *kitchen sounds*

"AH! THE CHOCOLATLY GOODNESS IS IN MY EYES! THE BITTERNESS, IT BURNS!"

“That’s nice,” I called out as our rematch started. “Just clean it up when you’re done.”

"Uh...shouldn't we check on her?" Fluttershy asked amidst a combo attack from me.

"Nope. You all said to not question her so might as well sta-ooh you broke my combo!"

And thus, a long night of combos and fighting began, with some delicious cake and cookies on the side.

I had to hand it to Pinkie, despite her forcing herself into my social life, she knew how to bake stuff that made my tastebuds happy.

LATER THAT NIGHT

And that’s how it went for quite a number of hours. We played some other fighting games, some racing games, and we even attempted a survival horror, but Flubber and Pinkie both chickened out after the first few scares. Pinkie made even more baked goods after the cake and cookies, though where she got the ingredients I don’t know. She had everything else in that purse, so maybe she had a cooler in there too, I don’t know.

But, despite running on sugar and one of my frozen pizzas, they started to nod off one by one on their sleeping bags.

Flubber passed out after defeating me in the third fighting game we popped in. I did get better at fighting her, but I never was able to win a match. Rainbow Dash started snoring a few minutes after Pinkie and I started up yet another match, and for awhile, it was just me vs her. And despite making me work for it, I kept coming out on top.

“Ha! Once again the reigning champion!” I cheered as my victory screen played out. Pinkie had almost won that last round, so I was pretty excited. “So, care for best out of 11?” I asked, but I heard no response. Looking over a Pinkie, I found her with bleary eyes, yawning and looking at me with a small, sad smile.

“What? What’s with the look?” I asked.

“It’s just good to actually see you smile and mean it for once…” she said tenderly as she yawned again.

I was smiling? I thought in embarrasment as she laid her head down on her pillow.

“I’m glad you had fun Mikey…this is what your party should have been…” she trailed off as her eyes closed.

“Had fun? I mean, yeah it’s videogames. I mean, sure it’s been awhile since I played with anyone else in person, but-“

She began snoring at that…loudly I might add.

I looked around at the three house crashers, and all of them had their eyes closed, dead to the world whilst I still had my controller ready and waiting. For a moment, I actually felt disappointed.

…I may have been smiling Pinkie, but it’s certainly not because of you, I thought in determination as I stared at her snoring form. You’re not going to break me…

With that I turned off the TV and filling the void of it’s silence was the raging storm outside. Without the distraction of the games, it was that much louder.

Well, now that they’re no longer an issue, it’s time for bed, I thought as I carefully got out of my chair and started tip toeing out of the living room, even as the thunder boomed outside. Careful...careful...treat them like raptors and you'll be fine...

Like a ninja, I made it to my kitchen. My throat was killing me from all the smack talk during our gaming, so I needed a drink before retreating to my room. To my surprise the kitchen looked as clean as it usually did, in fact it actually looked cleaner.

Hmm, I guess she can listen after all, I thought impressed as I opened the fridge and grabbed the milk jug.

"Uh Michael?"

"GAH!"

The milk jug flew out of my hands and into the air as the sudden voice scared the crap out of me. I ignored the 'eep' sound coming from Flubber as I fumbled and miraculously caught the jug before it hit the ground.

"Geeze, are you trying to give a heart attack or something?!” I scolded her. “The hell are you still doing up anyway? Weren’t you asleep?"

"Well I um, sorry about scaring you,” she blathered. “I woke up because of the st-“

"You know what, never mind,” I waved her off. “Everyone else is asleep so no more sleepover stuff Okay? I’m just getting a drink and heading for bed.” With that said I poured myself a glass of milk as Flubber awkwardly and silently stood behind me. Looking behind me I spied her nervously tapping her fingers together and staring at the jug. Sighing and rolling my eyes, I grabbed another cup and poured her some as well.

“Here,” I said setting it on the counter.

“Oh, uh, thank you,” she said meekly as she took the cup.

“Don’t think much of it, it’s just milk,” I rolled my eyes as I started drinking.

Without another word she did as well, and only the pitter patter of the rain broke the silence. When I was finished, I set my cup in the sink and turned to her.

“Well night I guess,” I said as I started walking for the stairs before a bright light suddenly filled the room, followed a moment later with-

*BOOOOOOOOM*

The thunder actually shook some plates in the sink it was that loud, and even I jumped a bit as I turned around in shock.

Geeze that was a loud one! Hopefully that didn’t wake up the other two an-why can't I move my arms?

There was extra weight on my limbs and torso and when I looked down a cascade of light pink hair was under my chin.

"Uh Flubs, why are you hugging me?" I asked awkwardly as I couldn’t move.

Also, seriously what is with the girls in this town being ridiculously strong?!

"I'm...I'm really sorry Michael. It's just that I'm really, really, really, really, reall-"

*BOOM*

“EEP!” she cried out as the grip on my tightened. "Really scared of thunder...and lighting...but mostly thunder! It's just so loud, and sudden, and scary!"

“Yep...that’s an accurate description of thunder alright,” I deadpanned. “Now mind letting go of me? I’m starting to lose feeling in my arms.”

Despite the height difference and being in the dark I could still see Flubber’s eyes widen in shock as she quickly let go of me and backed a good couple of steps away from me.

“I-I am so so so sorry! I-I didn’t mean to invade your personal space like that!” she apologized as I shook my arms to get the blood flowing again. “Oh please don’t be mad at me, the thun-thunder was just so scary and I reacted and...and-“

“Alright alright already! You don’t need to apologize fifty times, once is good enough,” I cut her off bluntly, which only made her shrink inward and apologize again.

“Right, on that note I’m going to go pass out,” I grumbled as I facepalmed. “You have a good night or whatev-.”

*BOOM*

And once again, the storm shook the house, but this time in the flash of the lightning, I saw the girl before me more clearly. She didn’t latch onto me, but I could see that she was shivering like crazy and her eyes were full of fear. She looked like a scared chihuahua that just escaped a flood or some other great disaster.

And for some bizarre reason seeing her all freaked out...annoyed me. Normally I don’t really care about people’s fears unless it helps me to get rid of them, but watching her shiver was like looking at a crooked painting that just had to be straightened out.

Ugh! God Damn it! I just know this is going to cause a misunderstanding, but I’d take that over whatever the hell this is!

With that thought I opened the miscellaneous item drawer that everyone has in their kitchen and fished out what I needed.

“Here, some noise canceling headphones,” I said as I tossed them to her, which she nearly fumbled. “If the thunder is scarring you that much then just wear these bed.”

She looked at them confused before turning to me.

“If-if you don’t mind me asking, why do you have a pair of noise canceling headphones in your kitchen?”

Ugh, will this night ever end?!

“For blocking out annoyances. I’ve got a few and they’ve been a sound investment after Pinkie’s first visit. Ignoring the knocks on my door works wonders when you can’t actually hear anything.”

“Th-thank you...” she mumbled out and held them like a teddy bear.

“Mmhmm,” I nodded as I started to leave the kitchen

“Wait!”

“Oh for, what do you want now?” I asked harshly and she winced a little.

“I just…I just…”

“You just what?”

She huffed and steeled herself as she looked me square in the eye.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for thinking you were a bully for so long.”

That left me a bit dumbstruck and confused.

“Huh?” I asked and she looked down in embarrassment.

“When I first heard you’d made Pinkie cry, I thought that you were the worst kind of person,” she admitted. “Even after Pinkie said everything was alright, I still thought that way because you say mean things all the time and don’t remember people’s names.” She bit her lip and looked at my feet. “When we were forced to be partners in gym, it was awkward because I didn’t want to talk to you…I’m sorry I felt like that.”

“Oh…Okay,” I muttered not expecting that. “But why are you apologizing?”

“B-because I didn’t really give you a chance before…but after last week, I thought I’d give you one,” she explained smiling sadly.

I honestly didn’t even know there was tension between us. You’re hard to read lady!

“Um, that’s nice and all, but maybe you shouldn’t. You got a pretty good read on me already,” I said trying to discourage her but she shook her head.

“I thought I did, but now I’m not sure. It’s true you’re not the nicest person, but you’re not a bully either.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t make me a friend,” I pointed out.

“No…no it doesn’t,” she nodded. “But that could change.”

“But I don’t-“

“Also,” she interrupted, “It means a lot to Pinkie Pie. She doesn’t normally do this sort of thing…”

I stared at her mouth agape after that declaration, unable to form words.

*BOOM*

The thunder ripped again, and though she shook, she looked me straight in the eye.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean that Pinkie going out of her way to try and befriend someone despite their insistence not to isn’t normal for her,” she told me truthfully.

“But…but I thought that was her thing? Annoyingly collecting friends like trading cards. Everyone else seems to think it’s normal!” I argued and she actually rolled her eyes.

“Not everyone listens and observes as well as I do,” she shook her head. “Pinkie Pie isn’t friends with everyone, and if someone doesn’t want to be her friend back, she gives up after a time.”

“Pinkie…gives up?” I gasped at such an alien concept.

“Yes. Like Sonata Dusk,” she grimaced. “Pinkie wanted to be her friend badly when they first met…but after seeing how she and the other Dazzlings acted, she wrote all of them off. The same goes for Sunset Shimmer and many of the students from Crystal Prep.”

“But…then…” I stammered at the contradiction of it all. “Why hasn’t she given up on me then?” The normally quiet girl just shrugged at that.

“I don’t know...but I have seen this once before.”

“You have?”

“Mmhmm,” she nodded. “Mr. Doodle, you know the chemistry teacher?”

“The grumpy old guy with the pompadour wig?”

“Yeah, him. Well, when he first met Pinkie Pie, he was very grumpy with her and treated her kind of like how you did…but Pinkie kept trying to make him her friend.”

“Why?” I asked, completely invested.

“Because Pinkie felt like she owed it to him,” she explained, rubbing her arm. “His first day, she’d accidentally broken something of his that belonged to someone he loved, and Pinkie felt guilty about it.”

She then smiled after that.

“She actually ended up reuniting Mr. Doodle with that long lost love of his, and they’re getting married this summer,” she then turned back to me. “Pinkie is his friend and favorite student now and is invited to the reception.”

“So…you think Pinkie feels like she owes this to me? To make it up to me?”

“I don’t know…Mr. Doodle is just the only other time I’ve seen her act like this,” she shrugged and my head span.

“But…I…Pinkie never broke anything of mine. I’m the one who made her cry, so why would she think…” A migraine started to form as this new angle wedged itself into my brain.

“I know…” Flubber say sympathetically. “If she hadn’t started doing this the first week, I would have thought that it was because of the…well, last weekend…”

I grit my teeth a bit at that. “Well if she broke something of mine, I don’t remember it. If she’s making it up to me for annoying me, she’s going about it the wrong way.”

“Did you know her from the past maybe?” Flubber suggested. “Like maybe she was an old friend of yours that you lost touch with?”

“Definitely not,” I shook my head. “Pinkie’s not exactly the kind of person you forget about.”

Besides, as annoying as she is, Pinkie would never have been in her group…

“Oh…Well, whatever the reason, there is something different about you that she’s willing to go this far for,” Flubber smiled. “And I think I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.”

“I…It…Wha…” I blathered before sighing and holding my temple “Whatever. Just don’t bug me for the rest of the night and tomorrow and we’re all good, Okay Flubber?”

“Oh…alright,” she said, losing her bout of blunt confidence and acting like her usual self. “Thank you again for these headphones, I really do appreciate it.” She then put them on and smiled at me. “But please think about what I said. Something about you makes Pinkie Pie think you’re worth it.”

“Yeah, but I have no idea what that could possibly be…”

“Right…well, good night Michael,” she said as she started walking back to the living room before stopping and turning back to me.

“Oh, and also, my name is actually Flut-“

*BOOM*

The thunder drowned out whatever she was saying, though it appeared the noise cancellers worked since she didn’t even jump. And while my ears still rang, she smiled and went off to bed, thinking I’d heard whatever last thing she’d tried to tell me.

Left alone in the kitchen, my head still tried to process the info that the quiet girl had given me.

I’m too tired to try and sort this out. Besides, whatever Pinkie thinks she sees in me, she’s wrong. All of you are…

With that I finally left the kitchen and headed to my room, where I promptly passed out the minute I hit the bed.


THREE DAYS LATER, MONDAY

The following morning went as well as you’d expect it to. I woke up earlier than usual by the amazing smell that is pancakes and found Pinkie had somehow managed to cook some grand pancake breakfast, again despite the fact that I had no batter of any kind to make it.

Course I just ignored that blatantly obvious impossibility and just ate as many flapjacks as I could. Pinkie may be one annoying nutcase with no concept of boundaries and what ‘no’ means, but she can make some mean freaking pancakes!

Also, eating those tasty hotcakes did keep the questions about Pinkie’s motivations at bay.

Speaking of Flubber my headphones worked as she slept through the entire breakfast and only woke up when I not so subtly hinted that they should leave since the storm was over. No doubt they probably would have tried to weasel their way into spending more time in my house, but they got a call from Twilight. Apparently a tree branch had crashed into her bedroom window while she was having her own sleepover with Rarity and Applejack.

And despite saying everything was okay, Pinkie felt that annoying me was less important than visiting her friends who had “been in danger.”

“We’ll see you around Mikey, we should do this again some time,” she told me.

“I sure hope not,” I told her bluntly, and of course she laughed. Rainbow Dash and Flubber also pleasantly told me goodbye, like we were friends or something.

But yeah, after that the rest of my weekend was spent Pinkie free, and I spent the majority of my time procrastinating doing my homework. So a typical weekend.

Monday morning and my third official week at Canterlot High began with it’s usual fanfare. The ride to the school was about as pleasant as you’d think, which is to say not at all.

The laughter was far less prominent than the week before thankfully, but the side glances were full in force.

“Heh heh, they still believe the rumors that you and Sunset are seeing each other,” Pinkie laughed nervously as she tried to reassure me.

Of course they do, I rolled my eyes and cursed my fortune for having to sit next to Pinkie, and in the middle aisle seat no less. No room to hide my face and read manga, truly this is a sign that today is gonna be one of those days...

“But don’t worry, if Sunset gets angry at you in the open, that will make them think otherwise…or they’ll just think you’re having a lover’s quarrel,” she pondered with her finger on her chin.

So as Pinkie tried to “cheer me up” I just kind of zoned out till we reached school and we got off the bus.

“So Mikey, I was thinking maybe you, me, and the girls could hang out at Sugarcube Corner after school today? We’ve got this awesome sale going on, and every Monday is mystery flavor day! I’ll give you a hint, it isn’t edi-GASP!”

"Did...did you just say the word gas-"

"Look at that!" she ignored me, grabbing my head and pointing my face towards the school entrance.

"Hey! What did I say about personal spa...huh?" for once my anger at Pinkie’s antics melted away as I saw what got her riled up. There was a whole crowd of students surrounding the weird horse monument that was in front of the school. A lot of them were all talking to each other, with plenty of others having their phones out pointed at the monument.

The reason why was pretty obvious, since the entire monument was riddled with graffiti. From the base of the statue all the way to the top, not one inch of it was spared. The graffiti itself was pretty nasty too with lots of lewd drawings and messages about how Canterlot sucks. The statute was also now sporting a brand new pair of underwear...somehow, and there was a bunch of toilet paper on it as well. Honestly it looked like some college frat went to town on the thing. And while everyone else was freaking out over it...I honestly couldn't give a crap.

Oh no our precious man eating horse statue has been covered in easy to remove material! It must be the end times!

“That’s absolutely horrible Mikey! Why would anyone do that to the Wondercolt? Look at him! Look how they massacred our boy!” Pinkie lamented.

“Yeah, that sucks and all. I’m gonna go to my locker before I break down in tears,” I monotoned as I walked away.

“Okay, but stay strong Michael! We’ll all get through this…” she whimpered sounding legitimately sad.

It’s a dang marble horse! I shook my head at everyone’s idiocy.

As I got my books and headed to class, all everyone was talking about was the vandalism, and though it was aggravating to hear the what if’s, it did distract people from ribbing on me.

“I bet you anything it was those Crystal Prep jerkoffs,” Rainbow grunted while the teacher had their back turned.

“Yeah probably,” I said without a care in the world.

“Well if they want to play hardball, we’ll play hardball. They desecrate our mascot, we’ll destroy theirs!" she said cracking her knuckles as I rolled my eyes.

“Oh yeah, because that’s totally worth getting fined for.”

“Dang right it is,” she nodded as if I was serious. “Their precious Shadowbolt has a date with a can of gasoline and-“ she was cut off as the PA system hummed to life and everyone looked to it.

[Will Michael Bacon and Sunset Shimmer please report to the Vice Principal’s office? Michael Bacon and Sunset Shimmer to the Vice Principal’s office. Thank you.]

Once the audio cut, all eyes in the classroom turned immediately towards me. Some looked curious, some looked accusatory, and yet others smirked.

“Ooohhh,” a few of them cat called.

“Trouble in paradise?” some girl giggled and I sighed. Only Rainbow seemed sympathetic.

“Hey, you Okay?” she asked.

“No. I’m still at this stupid ass school,” I answered tersely as I got up and headed for the door.

Of course it’s going to be one of those days. Every day is one of those days!

Author's Note:

I do so enjoy writing Pinkie's character, if you all couldn't tell. I can make her say the most randomass things with dark undertones and it would still be in character! There's a reason she's in my top five ponies people, and her randomness is a major factor!

Oh, and some witty ending note relating to the end of the episde here...

Hey everyone! DWC here with another episode of Mike's mise-I mean fun loving adventures through high school!

With this being my final week of my college freshmen year, my excitement and stress are at a all time high for this fic (and real life)! The next couple of chapters have been ones I've been wanting to write for awhile, so I'm really looking forward to getting the story going!

Also, what's this? Character development...for Pinkie Pie!? And is that also a bit of insight coming from our jerk of a MC! Truelly its the end of the world!

Joking aside, this chap was a pain in the ass to write. Mostly because of that scene with Fluttershy always coming out akward and just not good every time I wrote it. Thankfully my awesome editor BrownDog managed to make it as awesome as it is now!

But yeah, this episode was defintly one of my least fun ones writing.

But enough about my annoyance of writing that scene! Thank you all so much for continuing to read and comment on this story! I always enjoy making people laugh and knowing your all enjoying it makes me super happy! Please tell me what you thought about the episode! What did you like about it and what do you think can be imporved? Like I always say I enjoy reading your guy's comments so please tell me what you thought!

Also, as always I'd love to hear more ideas for what to put Mike through in the future! I'm always looking for more inspiration, and even your guys jokes can turn into a great idea later down the line! So please keep the great ideas coming!

I hope you all enjoyed this episode and continue to read the rest of this story! This has been DWC, signing off!