• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 1,558 Views, 21 Comments

Games We Play - GJT_Productions



Princess Luna gets her first taste of video gaming, while her enemies begin playing a far more dangerous type of game...

  • ...
1
 21
 1,558

Epilogue: Agents in Ponyville

Two pegasus stallions stood on the Canterlot train station platform, waiting for the last train of the day to Ponyville. Both were Guards Upper Class, working the afternoon shift - they knew each other from their common line of employment, but otherwise did not consider themselves friends. One white coated and one dark coated, each was somewhat surprised to meet the other at that particular place and time.

There was no time to try to figure out why though - the conductor was already calling for all passengers to board the train. The two stallions walk aboard and take seats next to each other in the row of seats farthest back on the train. The wait is uneasy, and when the white coated stallion attempts to make conversation his counterpart shushes him.

Eventually, the conductor comes back to punch their tickets, and shortly afterward the train pulls away from the station heading to Ponyville. It was only then that wings reached into saddlebags and pulled out envelopes concealed inside them. To the surprise of both stallions, each finds the other's envelope to have exactly the same text printed on its front - the only difference between the two envelopes is that the white stallion's envelope has a red seal while the dark stallion's envelope has a blue one. This ciphered text was what directed them to be sitting side-by-side on the train in the first place, so naturally surprised glances were exchanged between the stallions before the letters were opened as the text directed them to do.

Each stallion pulls out a letter from their envelope. Again, there is mutual surprise as the letters share the exact same ciphered text and the only difference is an ink spot of color matching the envelope's seal at the top of the page. In plaintext, the letters read as follows:

"Dear Agent of Chaos,

I have directed you two to be together on the same train for a very specific reason. Normally, the identities of other Agents are kept secret from each other, but for this assignment it is necessary for a pair of Agents to know each other's identities for the purposes of mutual cooperation.

The recent destruction of the Guard Archive records has allowed the erasure of your record of service in the Royal Guard. You have been released from any further obligation to serve in the Royal Guard and will now instead perform your duties as Agents of Chaos in Ponyville. A stipend will be sent to provide for you and your family during the duration of this assignment.

The stallion with the red mark on their letter is now designated Agent P1. The stallion with the blue mark is now designated Agent P2. Your common objective is to spread chaos wherever and whenever you can in the town of Ponyville. This is to distract and keep occupied the Element Bearers and the town government in order to prevent their meddling in our affairs in Canterlot. You must be careful though to NOT directly interfere with the mission of the sparkling one in Ponyville - all actions must be indirect or your presence will eventually be exposed.

You must keep the Element Bearers distracted or they will use the power of those Elements against us. If that happens, all will be lost. Do not fail me, Agents. Glory to the chaotic one.

- Agent 1 'Snake in the Grass'"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pegasi stallions exchange glances, first surprised, then with evil grins attached. It was not necessary to exchange words between the stallions - they both understood why they were working together. Earlier, each of them had been separately promised a hefty monetary reward in exchange for their completion of an as-yet unspecified "field assignment" for the Agents of Chaos - this letter had to explain what the "field assignment" was, and it gave the pegasi stallions great pleasure that they were the ones to be making misery for the six newly famous fillies in Ponyville.

As the train snaked its way toward Ponyville, nopony could've anticipated that it was bringing the proximate cause of much of the misery that struck the town over the coming months - acts of chaos as a smokescreen to hide and distract from the operation of the Agents of Chaos and their ultimate purpose...

Comments ( 2 )

Those stallions are in over their heads they have no idea of the crazyness that's normal in Ponyville.

Dan

8685928
Try changing the color of your avatar and getting banned for "hacking", or playing a .mkv file. Consoles are nothing but insultingly limited-function and gestapo-policed PCs.

Login or register to comment