• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 627 Views, 6 Comments

A Stay In Ponyville - Darc_Pony



Blaze must find out how to cope with his mysterious past, and find friends while doing so.

  • ...
 6
 627

Chapter 2

After a few hours of Blaze waiting, hearing several ponies talk about what books they need, Twilight helping them, and just general chatter, the sun was going down. The purple pony walked up her steps with a small yawn. Blaze chuckled. "Your day always this...boring?"

"It's not boring. It's perfectly fine... and so you know, sometimes I learn a special lesson about friendship." The mare chuckled at him and then looked at her one bed. The stallion's gaze followed.

"Let me stay the night, and I'll sleep on the floor. All I need is a blanket. For...you know."

"Yeah. I know... well, I'm sure I could find a spare blanket somewhere around here. You sure you don't want the bed?" Blaze chuckled softly at this, shaking his head.

"I couldn't impose. It's already enough that you're letting me stay here." They both nodded, then he stepped at the ground awkwardly, resulting in a giggle from Twilight.

"It's not imposing, but if you insist... " She walked over to the closet, and using her magic, brought forth a blanket. "This is usually used with guests, or the winter. It's a pretty thick blanket, should be good to lay on."

"Well, I'm not gonna be laying on it...I don't want anyone to peek in and see my Mark..." He told her with a slight bite of his lip. "Do you...still wanna hear about why I'm...here?" He asked, with hint of apprehension in his voice.

"Well, do you still wanna tell me? I won't force you to, but maybe I can help." She ended with a smile at the stallion, climbing into her bed.

Blaze nodded and looked up at her before looking back down with a soft sigh, the memories returning as if they were fresh, despite being several months, if not a year old...

"Blaze!" A black alicorn ran through the forest, yelling her best friend's name. She lept and ducked under branches. She had to find him, it was crucial. Luckily, she found him sitting on a stump, playing with some animals, smiling and having a good time. She bit her lip and stepped down softly, her ringed hooves planted firmly, her crimson and orange mane flowed in the wind, but still stayed over the right of her face. She gently padded over, the animals having seen her quite a lot before.

"What is it Alyx?" The colt smiled and tilted his head, feeding an acorn to a squirrel. He rolled onto his back, and looked up.

The mare bit her lip and looked down, brushing the ground with a hoof. She sighed and looked up, small tears in her eyes. "Your dad...you know how he left a while ago to protect Canterlot?"

At this, the red colts eyes widened and he say up, smiling. "Is he back? He told me when he got back, he'd take me to go get icecream in Fillydelphia! You know, where everyone says they have the best icecream in all of Equestria!"

This almost broke the alicorn's heart to tell him, but she had to. She held back tears, though many still leaked through. She shook her head and sighed. "Yes...I know... but... your father...was killed, protecting the princess. I'm...I'm sorry..."

He blinked, the information settling in, though making him uneasy. He swayed and fell onto his side, his smile gone. "He...he's not...comming back?" He looked at her, she shook her head, her fur already wet from tears.

"Never...I'm sorry... no magic can bring back the dead..." she shuddered at the thought, but still looked at him.

Tears swelled up in the colt's eyes, he stood up and looked up, suddenly bursting out crying. He rested on his hooves and sobbed, his fur quickly wet from tears. Alyx walked over and rubbed his back. A swallow flew in and chirped around for a few minutes, looking for food. The animals around the two ponys looked up, and suddenly ran away into the trees around them. It was several more minutes before Alyx looked up, smelling burning wood.

"B...Blaze!" She gasped out loudly and pushed him away. He looked up, still crying before widening his eyes. The treetops around them were on fire. He rolled out of the way of a falling tree, smoke quickly filling the air as more trees were set on fire. He started to run away, leaving Alyx there. She cried out again, and attempted to fly, but the trees above her were too engulfed in flames to fly, and the smoke distracted her too much for magic.

Without looking back, Blaze ran. With each brush and touch of a leaf or a tree, it was set aflame. He made it out of the forest, panting heavily, crying. He shook his head. "I can never go back...not...not after that..." He sighed and sniffled as he walked away. He didn't even care when he heard a small sound, a flash of light, and a fire was branded forever on his flank.

"And so...I've been on the run ever since." The stallion ended with a nod, his face keeping the same blank expression it had as when he started the story. Twilight's eyes, however, were quite wide.

"Blaze that's...that's terrible...I'm so sorry..." The stallion chuckled lightly and shook his head.

"There's no need to feel pity for me. True, it still hurts, but I'll be fine."

"Who was Alyx? A friend" She looked at him, her gaze getting softer.

"The best, if there was one."

"...Oh..." She looked around before rubbing his arm with a soft smile. "I'm sure I can help you with your magic...and if not, then the princess could, I'm sure... now, if you don't mind..." She yawned and layed back down slowly. "I'm going to bed."

He nodded and layed down as well, resting himself on the floor, letting the blanket cover him. "Good night Aly...Twilight."

Comments ( 2 )

Hmm, I liked it.
Once more into the breach. :moustache:

A good chapter. Can't wait for the next

Login or register to comment